A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Challenge: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 296 comments

That's the official Praiano's tune. I know because I'm the Chris in the "special chriss" tune title, but he just misspelled it. I didn't get a wheel or purchase GT4 till roughly a year before the release of GT5. Praiano helped me a ton in getting through the GT4 Seasonal Races by putting cars on share (which you could do on GT4) and advising me on which cars to use. He didn't know me at all but still helped me so I was very grateful and contributed to his page to thank him for all his help. Then when GT5 came out I asked him if he could tune the 2J for me which he did, and he named the tune after me as a bonus. Really cool and nice guy. Plus his tunes are truly second to none.

But yes, that is definitely his tune. I just took the engine power down to make it 600pp and it drives great. It crushes when the rabbit is a 2D or Auto Union V16. It's also the only car/tune that I've beaten the 2J or Toyata 7 with. I've tried all the other expensive classics like the Jaguar, The Ferrari P4, and the Ford GT40 and don't even come close to beating the 2J or Toyota 7 rabbits. I have beaten them a few times with 2J, but once you pass them you have to block them from passing you on all the straightaways. Not easy, especially when you're catching up to the last place cars which always seem to block me instead of the computer.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Yes. T300RS Thrustmaster.

I think we are using the same tune.

In my opinion, this event is equally about the track as it is about the car. There are certain sections up the hill, where you can easily make up time only by matching the car limits to the track limits and shorten the braking distances.

You can also win with Ferrari 330 P4. When the event got started, I've got the Ferrari, adjusted it to get the 600 PP and won in 10.07. As you can see in the attached picture, that race had a 2J and a Toyota7. There are situations when those two rabbits will stupidly hit you from behind, but usually, if you give them enough room, they will avoid contact. The only obnoxious thing they do, is to block any attempt to pass, so you need to be quick and decided.

S9xxzC9.jpg

Wow. I'm amazed that you were able to beat the Toyota and 2J with the Ferrari. I assume you're using Praiano's 600pp tune?

I tried all the fast classics like the Jag, Mark 40 and the Ferrari. Of those 3 the Ferrari was definitely the fastest and handled the best. However, I still wasn't even close to beating the fast rabbits. On s totally clean lap I was only able to manage a 2:00ish time. Obviously the difference is you are an awesome driver. I actually am quite good on this track and know the Burg as well as anyone, but now I know there are definitely people who know better line yourself. I wish it were possible to watch you run this race because I must be braking in spots where I don't need to.

Regardless, thanks for the advice and good job on beating very fast cars using a slower car. That's the mark of a really great driver!

Pretty cool, Chris. Well, in that case, I thank you both for the tune!

(I applied it last night but only ran a test course so far. Gonna try the Seasonal tonight.)

That's the official Praiano's tune. I know because I'm the Chris in the "special chriss" tune title, but he just misspelled it. I didn't get a wheel or purchase GT4 till roughly a year before the release of GT5. Praiano helped me a ton in getting through the GT4 Seasonal Races by putting cars on share (which you could do on GT4) and advising me on which cars to use. E didn't know me at all but still helped me so I was very grateful and contributed to his page to thank him for all his help. Then when GT5 came out I asked him if he could tune the 2J for me which he did, and he named the tune after me as a bonus. Really cool and nice guy. Plus his tunes are truly second to none.

But yes, that is definitely his tune. I just took the engine power down to make it 600pp and it drives great. It crushes when the rabbit is a 2D or Auto Union V16. It's also the only car/tune that I've beaten the 2J or Toyata 7. I've tried all the other expensive classics like the Jaguar, The Ferrari P4, and the Ford GT40 and don't even come close to beating the 2J or Toyota 7 rabbits. I have beaten them a few times with 2J, but once you pass them you have to block them from passing you on all the straightaways. Not easy, especially when you're catching up to the last place cars which always seem to block me instead of the computer.

Hope this helps!

Pretty cool, Chris. Well, in that case, I thank you both for the tune!

(I applied it last night but only ran a test course so far. Gonna try the Seasonal tonight.)

Thanks MC. It was really cool to have the master tuner name a tune after me. He's such a cool guy, and I hope his pizza business is going well.

Hi again whySOSerious. ONe more question if I may. Are the following transmission settings the same you use for your 2J?

Max Speed: 211
1st: 1.264
2nd: 0.900
3rd: 0.708
Final: 4.100

I'm hoping you may have something different/better so I can come closer to your lap times. Thanks in advance!!!

This is the tune that I used to win over
the 2J/2D/Toyota 7
Ferrari 330 P4
600PP
631HP
992kg
Front Rear Weight Distribution 50/50
R.H.T
Improve Body Rigidity
High RPM Turbo
Suspension
95/95
7:20/7:20
5/5
9/9
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.45
Brakes
5/6
Transmission
Max Speed 211
1. 5.060
2. 3.202
3. 2.236
4. 1.657
5. 1.303
Final Gear 2.500
LSD
7/13/8
Power Limiter 93.3
Zero Downforce
Ballast-Set 200 kgs
Ballast Position -17

I assume you're using Praiano's 600pp tune?

It was the first day the event came out (see comment #9 on this thread). I didn't look for a tune, just got the car with the closest PP's from the recommended list, adjusted it to match the required PP's, and raced against the given opponents.

I'm hoping you may have something different/better

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have the same max speed and ratios.

I was surprised how stable the car is on such a bumpy track (suspension is not at the maximum). The 49 kilos of weight are all the way back, but because of the short wheelbase, it was not too crazy down the hill thru the S's.

Edit
Got the Ferrari 330 P4 Shaunm80's tune and banked a 9.50.809
1st lap - 1.55.371
2nd lap - 1.54.300
3rd lap - 1.53.781
4th lap - 1.54.716
5th lap - 1.54.191
Raced against a 2nd Toyota7 and 3rd 2J. In order to stop them passing on the straights (if you managed to get in front), position your car in the middle of the road and they will slow down without touching.

Last edited:
It was the first day the event came out (see comment #9 on this thread). I didn't look for a tune, just got the car with the closest PP's from the recommended list, adjusted it to match the required PP's, and raced against the given opponents.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have the same max speed and ratios.

I was surprised how stable the car is on such a bumpy track (suspension is not at the maximum). The 49 kilos of weight are all the way back, but because of the short wheelbase, it was not too crazy down the hill thru the S's.

Edit
Got the Ferrari 330 P4 Shaunm80's tune and banked a 9.50.809
1st lap - 1.55.371
2nd lap - 1.54.300
3rd lap - 1.53.781
4th lap - 1.54.716
5th lap - 1.54.191
Raced against a 2nd Toyota7 and 3rd 2J. In order to stop them passing on the straights (if you managed to get in front), position your car in the middle of the road and they will slow down without touching.

Thanks again for all you help and tips. I'm amazed how well you're able to do with the Ferrari. I beat the weak field with the Ferrari (any field that doesn't have a 2J or Toyota 7) but just by a hair.

I have really improved my lap times with the 2J. A week ago the best I could do was roughly 2 min. But now that I've been practicing my average is roughly 1:55 and I even scored a 1:51 on one occasion.

You're totally right about not letting the 2J or Toyota passing you. The only place you can gain some ground on them is when you're going up the hill and you still have to be near perfect. One thing I noticed when the first rabbit is the Toyota and the 2J in second place, the computer 2J is much slower. However, that all changes if the Toyota has a bad wreck. I was in second place with 3 full laps left and was about 15 seconds in front of the 2J. Then the Touota had a bad wreck and by the time I finished the 3rd lap, the 2J was only 5 seconds behind me. I had to lock him from passing me for the last two laps and only won by less than a second. So, the moral of the story is if the rabbit has a bad wreck, you aren't going to cruise to any easy victory. That 2J gains about 100pp when the Toyota wipes out. So unless you're in first place and the 2nd place car has a bad wreck on the last lap, there are no easy wins in this race. I win about 75% of the time now, but it's always a nail biter.

Thanks again and hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks again and hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks man, you too!

I finally got the Ferrari 330 P4 under 9.50 for a 9.47.258, with Toyota 7 and 2 of the 2J's in the same race.

H1sqMK2.jpg

laps
1st - 1.54.645
2nd - 1.53.191
3rd - 1.54.212
4th - 1.53.351
5th - 1.53.393

They didn't try anything crazy when I got closer, and once I passed them, was done deal (see 3rd lap).

Holy cow. I got 2nd with the Toyota 7 in 1st ... but I never even saw the mofo on the radar!! Ha! I did have a couple 5sec mishaps, though. I think someone said earlier that they kept quitting until the Auto Union was in 1st, but I haven't got one yet.

Thanks man, you too!

I finally got the Ferrari 330 P4 under 9.50 for a 9.47.258, with Toyota 7 and 2 of the 2J's in the same race.

H1sqMK2.jpg

laps
1st - 1.54.645
2nd - 1.53.191
3rd - 1.54.212
4th - 1.53.351
5th - 1.53.393

They didn't try anything crazy when I got closer, and once I passed them, was done deal (see 3rd lap).

Wow man. Those are like my laps score from my best run w the 2J. I hope the next expert race is like this. Challenging but winnable if you drive well.

Won with a Ferrari 330 P4. Decided to be a little bit more agressive and it paid off. I was nervous at the last lap and almost screwed everything at the Falken corner. Decided to choose a field without 2J's, so the Toyota 7 was the only real challenge. I've got a feeling that I can win with a harder field, but there's little time remaining, so that's enough for me.

Just choose another car and race.
I did, fired up the 2J last night! Too bad today is the last day for this event. If I keep going with this event after it's closed, do I still earn the credits for where I place or is that closed as well as the rankings?

I did, fired up the 2J last night! Too bad today is the last day for this event. If I keep going with this event after it's closed, do I still earn the credits for where I place or is that closed as well as the rankings?

Never tried, so i don't know.

WTF is with the blue tire/guard thing at the bottom of the last S-curve (right before you start the high-speed stretch)???

They purposely put that there to catch the corner of the car and bang you out!

It doesn't even make sense to be there. It's BACKWARDS! It faces AWAY from oncoming traffic!

Back