A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Challenge: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 296 comments
The 2J went from dead stop to 212 down the straight in no time. AI lap time..... 1:49 and change! Sheesh...............

My fastest lap is a 1:52.xxx, can't match WhySOserious' 1:51, and certainly can't put together 3 1:52's back to back like he did. I think I'm a little over 200 on the straight unassisted, not much though. 1:49? That's full-on alien-mode. I'm starting to think that the AI use 0 downforce and some sort of crazy computer stabilization.

The weirdest thing was when I went into cockpit mode in the AI 2J. The tires were squealing everywhere except the slowest corners, even down the straights. An unmodified Chappy with 679pp can get to 211 on Conrod, and I can do a 1:49 with driving aids, so it seems to me that we may be definitely racing against opponents with way more pp. but lousy driving skills.

Or its the weird lobby glitch speed enhancer thingy.

Re: Stock 2J
Edit action: did 75 kg at position -47. Gained a little power/ratio. Car felt great. Passed Toy 7 leading on mid lap 3! Little back and forth, then I have no idea. Edit: he hit a lapped Charger and spun.

Driving pretty good actually this tune. Your 9:51 finish is damn good man. *tips hat again*
One question. Are you adding "Improved Body Rigidity"?
Whether yes or no, any benefits to adding it?

I was ready to say no, I didn't improve body rigidity because I tend not to as I think it takes away some steering. As in, adds understeer, but to be sure I looked.

It's installed. Added body rigidity. However, my icon is yellow and says my body rigidity has begun to deteriorate.

Car has 2560 miles on it. And since I'm here, I think I'll spring for the 50 kazredits car wash.

And my 9:47 is an even better finish. :)

Last edited:
9:47?! I was happy with the 10:23 I managed last night!!

This event has been frustrating for me. I've been running the Ferrari 330 P4 with a mild tune (zeroed camber, toe adjusted slightly, brake balance tweaked and gearbox set to 350kph) and I've so far managed a 2:01:9XX lap time. Biggest problems I've found are getting past the wall of cars in the twisty stuff at the top of the mountain and catching up with the Toyota 7 or the 2J's.

I had 5 attempts times late last night after completing the new seasonal events, with varied success. I had two runs finishing second, behind the Toyota 7 (5-10 secs up the road), then decided I'd had enough of trying to catch an uncatchable rabbit and found myself a more competitive field - for my skill level anyway! - which had a couple of 2D's up front with a 330 P4 and Auto Union 3rd and fourth. I got two second place finishes: firstly because I had the 2D on my tail on the last lap and ran deep into Forrest's Elbow and he snuck past on the inside, then running down to The Chase he rammed me from behind and ran me off the track into the sand on the 4th lap and I never managed to get back past the bugger! Finally though, I put together a race where I managed to stay clean through almost the entire race, got past the wall of cars quickly on the first lap, and kept myself out in front of the leading 2D to take a win of 1.5s, with a little help from the back markers through The Chase this time!

Epic battles on this event. I've actually really enjoyed it! With all the credits earned from this event and the other seasonals I had enough to buy the Jaguar XJ13! I plan to use that stunning piece of automotive history to launch a campaign on the mountain, again with the intention of holding back the 2D's for a win!

To anyone running sub 2-minute laps: I salute you! :bowdown:

Guess my Cobra Daytona 15th Anniv isn't gonna get the job done here.

Try the one you buy in the dealership. Someone here pointed out that the anniversary cars are different and some like the Megane Cup car and Cobra are pretty bad.

The Auto Union can beat the 2J. I'm just not quite good enough to pull it off. Yet. ;)

In case you missed it, from Tuesday. :D

image.jpeg

Almost a 9:46

Maybe I misread before, but I was under the impression that the Anniv Cobra was better than the dealer version. But I'll get it and try it out (tuned) when I get home.

Try the one you buy in the dealership. Someone here pointed out that the anniversary cars are different and some like the Megane Cup car and Cobra are pretty bad.

The Auto Union can beat the 2J. I'm just not quite good enough to pull it off. Yet. ;)

On my 3rd try I beat the Toyota 7 by less than 1 tenth of a second. Talk about an adrenaline rush!

I used the 2J with Praiano tune and took the power down to 600. The key to this race is definitely getting into second place before you finish the second lap.

Great race for once though. Definitely expert level but not impossible.

Ferrari 330 P4. Cockpit race. Fast lap 1:56.883. Winning margin 06.311 over the 2J Chaparral. Pass for the win on lap 5 at The Dipper over the 2J Chaparral. Tune by me. Zero downforce. No penalties. P1 Chaparral 2J. P2 Chaparral. P3 Ferrari 330 P4. I made the driver of the 2J nervous thru the twister corners on the Mount and he lost control going into Dipper. MAX speed on the Concord Straight 208 MPH.
:cheers:

That was a hell of a win, I'm gonna keep trying, I can't get any closer than 3rd.

I used the 2J with Praiano tune and took the power down to 600. The key to this race is definitely getting into second place before you finish the second lap.

You mean get into 2nd place as per normal and then hold 2nd place and then take 1st position very late into the final lap?

That's a valid strategy so you dont have to fight the 650pp 2J or 700pp+ Toyota 7 for any length of time. That's a nightmare trying to fight them off on the straights.

If you really want an easy first place win, keep resetting till the 2 rabbits are the Auto Union V16 Type C. They are not fast and I've taken over first place in the 3rd lap without driving perfect. Or having the 2D as the rabbit is pretty easy. But if you're up for a tough challenge, race vs the Toyota 7 as the rabbit. If you win it'll be by less than a second. It is fun though.

What's people average lap times here?? I did 1:59s with a 1:58 in there and was still 2.5s off the lead 2j..

I average between 1:57 and change and 2 min. That's in the 2J. Doubt I could win with any other car.

Last edited by a moderator:
My fastest lap is a 1:52.xxx, can't match WhySOserious' 1:51, and certainly can't put together 3 1:52's back to back like he did. I think I'm a little over 200 on the straight unassisted, not much though. 1:49? That's full-on alien-mode. I'm starting to think that the AI use 0 downforce and some sort of crazy computer stabilization.

Got a new best
1st lap - 1.52.648
2nd lap - 1.51.867
3rd lap - 1.51.409
4th lap - 1.50.774
5th lap - 1.50.945

2J against Toyota7. Total time is 9.36.043 I think. Again, no banging the walls, no touching others or being touched from the side or from behind. If that happened, I've restarted the event because was no point in trying any more. I got the Toyota on the second lap, came back at me at the beginning of the third lap but was nothing serious. On second lap I got the toe, went up to 213 mph with the 600pp 2J.

Last edited:
As I've posted before, I've had the most luck with the 2J. I can easily win if the rabbit is anything aside from the Toyota 7 or the 2J. I've beaten these cars before but it always comes down to the last second and if I can keep him from passing me at the very end.

Obviously given all the posts in this string, this is a tough race when going up against the Toyota 7 or 2J. Has anyone had better success against these 2 quick rabbits using any car other than the 2J? I'd love to try something new but IMO the 2J is fastest car available and is the closest thing to a cheat car we can buy.

So again, can anyone suggest a car/tube than the 2J to beat the Toyota 7 or 2J? FYI-I use a wheel rather than a regular PS3 controller. I know that can make a difference. Thank you VERY much!!!

Got a new best
1st lap - 1.52.648
2nd lap - 1.51.867
3rd lap - 1.51.409
4th lap - 1.50.774
5th lap - 1.50.945

2J against Toyota7. Total time is 9.36.043 I think. Again, no banging the walls, no touching others or being touched from the side or from behind. If that happened, I've restarted the event because was no point in trying any more. I got the Toyota on the second lap, came back at me at the beginning of the third lap but was nothing serious. On second lap I got the toe, went up to 213 mph with the 600pp 2J.

Dude...those lap times are insane!!! I got a 1:55 once and almost broke my arm patting myself on the back.

Two questions if you don't mind.
1). Are you using a wheel?
2). Would you mind sharing the tune? I've been using Praiano's 650pp tune and simply decreased engine power to get to 600pp. You must have a great tune, be a great driver, or both (probably both).

I gotta give you mad props for those times. Amazing!!!

As I've posted before, I've had the most luck with the 2J. I can easily win if the rabbit is anything aside from the Toyota 7 or the 2J. I've beaten these cars before but it always comes down to the last second and if I can keep him from passing me at the very end.

Obviously given all the posts in this string, this is a tough race when going up against the Toyota 7 or 2J. Has anyone had better success against these 2 quick rabbits using any car other than the 2J? I'd love to try something new but IMO the 2J is fastest car available and is the closest thing to a cheat car we can buy.

So again, can anyone suggest a car/tube than the 2J to beat the Toyota 7 or 2J? FYI-I use a wheel rather than a regular PS3 controller. I know that can make a difference. Thank you VERY much!!!
@shaunm80 Ferrari 330 P4 '67 tune can easily beat the 2Js, as long as you don't make to many mistakes you will be fine 👍.

1). Are you using a wheel?
Yes. T300RS Thrustmaster.

2). Would you mind sharing the tune? I've been using Praiano's 650pp tune and simply decreased engine power to get to 600pp.
I think we are using the same tune.

In my opinion, this event is equally about the track as it is about the car. There are certain sections up the hill, where you can easily make up time only by matching the car limits to the track limits and shorten the braking distances.

Has anyone had better success against these 2 quick rabbits using any car other than the 2J?
You can also win with Ferrari 330 P4. When the event got started, I've got the Ferrari, adjusted it to get the 600 PP and won in 10.07. As you can see in the attached picture, that race had a 2J and a Toyota7. There are situations when those two rabbits will stupidly hit you from behind, but usually, if you give them enough room, they will avoid contact. The only obnoxious thing they do, is to block any attempt to pass, so you need to be quick and decided.

S9xxzC9.jpg

Last edited:
Back