A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Challenge: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 296 comments
So much for that "driving simulator realism", huh.

Ben Millard said it, your 600pp Toyota 7 isnt in the same universe as the 710pp+ computer Toyota 7....

700pp plus is well into the GT1 LMP1 class prototype car getting into the silly Vision GT spaceship class.

600pp is sub LMP2 GTE, historic Le Mans class

Rubber band AI.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I ran 10 seconds faster so did the computer.
Note I've 10:10's and lost to a 2J/7 combo I never saw them I was 15 seconds behind

I never touched a single car the entire race. Even held back at times so no contact.

I ran a clean race, never touched a car, and the AI Toyota 7 ran a 10:17, even with going off course! His fastest lap time was a 1:59.812. No way I can win when the AI is running that fast. Running a clean race isn't the answer for me to have the AI run slower, at least not with this field. Those idiot lapped cars don't help either on the last lap.... Swerving left and right, hoping you hit 'em! :mad:

Toyota 7 vs Toyota Standings 2.jpg
Toyota 7 AI Wreck.jpg
Toyota 7 Live Timing.jpg

I ran a clean race, never touched a car, and the AI Toyota 7 ran a 10:17, even with going off course! His fastest lap time was a 1:59.812. No way I can win when the AI is running that fast. Running a clean race isn't the answer for me to have the AI run slower, at least not with this field. Those idiot lapped cars don't help either on the last lap.... Swerving left and right, hoping you hit 'em! :mad:

View attachment 567378 View attachment 567379 View attachment 567380
Seems like the 7 and 2J drivers are getting a massive boost. They are faster than us.
I've battled 2 2J's with a pair of 2 D's I ran clean but never saw the 2J's with a 10:13 total time for me.
I think honestly for most of us removing the 2J's and the 7 is the best way to win.

The faster you go, the faster they go. You have to play cat and mouse and use the 2J to get a win. Then lesser cars seem slightly easier once you do. At least for me....but one big bobble, your hoping for 3rd.

I ran 1:55's and a 1:53 and finished less than a second ahead of the Toyota.

Simulator. Rofl.

What?

View attachment 567216

Stock car with 200 kg ballast and power limiter at 58.9%

đź‘Ť

Man you did well to get that 10:31.129 with the Toyota 7 Cory.
I tried your tune but still could not manage to catch up with the lead car 2J nor Toyota 7 in any line up. Got some 2nd's though, clean races.
The tune is pretty good mind you enabling more HP. Still your time is damn good. I think I just managed to get a 10:49. *tips hat* and sends :cheers:

I never touched a single car the entire race. Even held back at times so no contact.

They're scared of you.

:cheers:
That is the most fun of all when you do that @coryclifford. Good for you!! They always go faster if you touch them.

I must confess, I'm so ticked at them most of the time that if I get the opportunity to side-swipe them, I take it. Of course, it's not hard, I won't risk a penalty, but push them lightly off course? Every time I can.

Those idiot lapped cars don't help either on the last lap.... Swerving left and right, hoping you hit 'em! :mad:

Nicely said! đź‘Ť

The worst I've found (so far at least) has been the Giulia....swerves like crazy and is super slow at difficult to pass corners. A definite repeat offender too. I could go on but I don't get angry anymore....I restart or just change the line-up and move on.

Nicely said! đź‘Ť

The worst I've found (so far at least) has been the Giulia....swerves like crazy and is super slow at difficult to pass corners. A definite repeat offender too. I could go on but I don't get angry anymore....I restart or just change the line-up and move on.
I found the best way is to get up their butt and push 'em, they tend to get out of the way pretty quick. That's over the mtn.

Nicely said! đź‘Ť

Speaking of the Giulia's..... They are soooooooo slow in this seasonal that I was able to pass both of them with the most useless racing car in GT6.... The 411 PP, Mario Andretti's 1948 Hornet! :lol:

Mario Andretti's 1948 Hornet Standings.jpg
Mario Andretti's 1948 Hornet Car.jpg

I spent a couple hours tonight with the 2J against Francis in the 2J. Replays showed that the 2J AI can hit 211 down the Conrod straight while I'm at 198-ish with a draft, and 197 up the mountain straight. After a few races trying strategies, I decided to go full tilt from the start. I caught Francis at the end of lap 2, and passed for the lead over the top of the mountain next lap. The 2J went off twice on lap 4, and hit the wall hard on lap 5. I had a 5 second lead down the Conrod straight only the find him on my tail at the finish. Total race time was 9:56xx with him a only few tenths behind. I decided to watch the cockpit replay. The 2J went from dead stop to 212 down the straight in no time. AI lap time..... 1:49 and change! Sheesh...............

Just so you got some figs:

Toyota 7

711pp 787hp 620kg

600pp 464hp 820kg

2J

663pp 679hp 821kg

600pp 567hp 1021kg

The Toyota 7 does not need nitrous, it just needs to step on it with its 40% power surplus...

In GT6 land sub 500hp are pretty easy to get a grip on... when it gets up to 800hp it gets very very difficult even with TCS 1!

The 2J went from dead stop to 212 down the straight in no time. AI lap time..... 1:49 and change! Sheesh...............

1:49 is crazy! :crazy:

Out of curiosity.... How fast have any of you had the AI run for a total time and/or a single lap time? And which car... The Toyota 7 or the 2J? I rarely race the 2J and just use my own crappy tune, but I tried the 2J two times tonight and only managed a 9:55.925, with the AI 2J crossing the finish line at 9:56.388. The AI Toyota 7 went off course and finished 3rd, yet had the fastest lap in the race with a time of 1:53.472. Just wondering which AI car is faster in this seasonal, and how fast can they go?

2J VS 2J VS Toyota 7.jpg

EDIT: Tried a different field with just the AI Toyota 7 entered and ran almost the same identical time as I did in the above picture, and the AI Toyota 7 ran almost the same time as the AI 2J did! No difference between the two rabbit AI cars?

2J VS TOYOTA 7.jpg

Last edited:
@DisabledRacer @Draggon @EricB71 Maybe try a 5 lap race in an online lobby, using the same time of day, with the cars you are interested in set to default?

@TonyJZX has given the stats I was talking about earlier. Toyota 7 is 111pp over the regulations. They are sand-bagging like crazy until you get near them.

Insane times should be possible at standard PP, even with standard tune. 2J in particular. If you can handle the horrible default LSD and weird suspension settings.

@DisabledRacer

It looked like the 2J guy gave up after a bit early lap 4, and I flew right by him. Got by the Toyota 7, then let him by on the long straight for some draft action. He stayed behind me with a distance for all of lap 5.

image.jpeg

Stock 2J with 79 kg added, power at 72.2%

Edit action: did 75 kg at position -47. Gained a little power/ratio. Car felt great. Passed Toy 7 leading on mid lap 3! Little back and forth, then I have no idea. Edit: he hit a lapped Charger and spun.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pretty sure the Toyota is the faster.

Last edited:
Moving home tomorrow. PS3 will be in storage for a few weeks while I get the next place arranged.

Was looking forwards to trying the 10 minute barrier with the 330 P4. I guess these race events will stay in the list for about 6 more weeks? It's quite a long cycle with each batch being so far apart now. Maybe I'll get a chance towards the end...will have to brush the rust off myself as much as these old cars.

EDIT: Just saw this in the GT6 AI Hub. :eek:

For the High Chappy event...

q5PUt1W.jpg

2 pair, 7 high... ;-)

Cheers

Back