A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Cup: Mid-Field Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 302 comments
I got a problem with this event, all I got is the Audi auto union 39 and always end up 6th, only just got to a mil and am only on national a license. What can I do to win the event any ideas please?

As others have said, find a way to grind for credits whether it be BSpec or the RB events then buy yourself the 2J. It is the easiest car to win with. I don't know what your skill level is, but even a casual player with average or just below skills should be able to win with this car rather easily.

I was struggling to get a win with the Cobra Daytona. So much trouble on controlling the braking through the tight left before the twist that enters the straight. The front kept locking and so I was adjusting balance and then more adjustments and on and on.

Had a good run, beat the 2J, and just missed out on beating the Toyota 7 when I finally remembered that I had ABS off. Sometimes I forget how much of a difference that setting can make. Although the next race was only a second and a half faster, the ease of control and late-braking options it provides seem almost ridiculous at times.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Done it in the 2J, only with power limiter and top speed set to 280 Km/h. I had the "bad" grid with Toyota 7 and 2J, but the 2J crashed at first turn :D. I have done 1.04 each lap and won by 14 seconds on the Toyota 7. I love this circuit, it reminds me when I was a child and used to race against my brother on this track (GT3) because I was an awful driver, and this one was one of the few easy enough for me :lol:

No aids. Tune by WhoosierGirl. Cockpit race. P1 Chaparral 2J. P2 Chaparral 2D. P3 Audi Auto Union. PP584. 583HP. Fast lap 1:06. Winning margin 00.413. The 2J Chaparral crashed out at the beginning of lap 3 on the first corner after the start finish line. To quote WhoosierGirl, “a win is a win”.

I guess I got lucky with my 2J, I had the Toyota as the rabbit along with another 2J in front and managed to get 1st on 3rd try. I'm not that great of a driver. I was using Prianos stock tune for it. It was a close race though. Down to the hundreths of seconds in the end with that Toyota. I had to block him a little on the stretch.

Well damn, turns out this event alone made me put enough km on this track to make it my "favourite". I think I got some 12-15 mil out of it as well.

Good stuff, PD. Keep e'm coming. :D

Well damn, turns out this event alone made me put enough km on this track to make it my "favourite". I think I got some 12-15 mil out of it as well.

Good stuff, PD. Keep e'm coming. :D

If only PD would allow the races to continue on for more than a two week stretch. If only they would enable reduced PP bonuses. As it is, if the next intermediate and expert races that come on Thursday are a let down, the game becomes instantly less appealing.

Edit: Bought the Ford GT40 yesterday, breaking my efforts not to use "standards". Finally got it into some sort of shape with a lot of help from Praiano.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Got a Toyota 7 can't get it to 600pp only 640, so saving for a 2d/2j preferably a 2j just need 4.5 mil before Thursday lol thanks for the advice ladies and gentlemen :-)

Got a Toyota 7 can't get it to 600pp only 640, so saving for a 2d/2j preferably a 2j just need 4.5 mil before Thursday lol thanks for the advice ladies and gentlemen :-)

To bring down the PP of the Toyota 7, you need to add weight to the car as well as reducing the power percentage. If you go down to the last setting box inside the car settings section, weight adjustment appears along with downforce.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, does anyone have a tune for the Auto Union to tame that snap oversteer a little?

700km on the 2J by now. That's a lot of Midfield.

I think I was at $25m before this event and went down to ~$6-8m after buying several cars + the Chapparals. Now I'm right back up to $25m again.

PD's playing pusher with one. Need... more...

700km on the 2J by now. That's a lot of Midfield.

I think I was at $25m before this event and went down to ~$6-8m after buying several cars + the Chapparals. Now I'm right back up to $25m again.

PD's playing pusher with one. Need... more...

Ha, ha, I'm just about to reach the 80 million mark earned in this event so far :crazy:....I think I have you beat. :P You're right though, need....more....gotta....have....it. :lol: I'm going to go into extreme withdraws when this one ends. :lol: Luckily, I'll have the Academy to take over as my sweet addiction. :D

This is what I used Ben, I think I used this for one of the rain seasonals a few months ago, not sure. I won with it the first try so I didn't bother changing anything and moved on to other cars, hope it helps.

120/80
11.20/8.00
5/5
9/9
7/7
0/0
0/0
6/4 bb
9/11/6
200/475

One of the cars I moved to was.....the Alfa Romeo..got lucky the Toyota crashed early. A win is a win! :)

View attachment 349069
Thanks so much! With a few tweaks I got an easy grid with a drunk Toyota 7 driver and no 2J. 6m55s still my best total time with this car. Not quite enough...unless the rabbits dive into a burrow at the side of the track.

Had some more fun with my 2J. Now at 80 million earned on this event. :crazy:

Quickest lap: 1'01.659 1'01.118
Quickest total race time: 6'31.094 6'28.645 6'28.489
Top speed down the front straight: 191 mph. 196 mph. (no draft)
Time ahead of rabbits (2J, Toyota 7) 28.478 sec.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record myself :P, the search feature works like a charm. 👍 @Lewis_Hamilton_ posted one in this thread shortly after you asked the first time.

A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Cup: Mid-Field Raceway

In fairness his tune doesn't come up in the first two pages of results when searching "auto union tune", just many others with the wrong target PP. Also if I remember correctly, he edited that post, it previously said "I'll see if I can put one up later" or something so I was expecting a new post, which I didn't see. Anyway it's all good, just wanted to be clear that I am well aware of the search function, thanks for pointing me in the right direction though :)

I picked up an Auto Union car when I saw it in this race and the thing understeers for me, ridiculously bad. It feels like I have a 20 inch wooden steering wheel. I have to make almost a full turn for it to be turning decently into that first corner of Midfield. I think mine is broken. It's not drivable for me.

Fun race though, I grinded enough money to buy a Ferrari P4 and have been having a ball with that. I forgot how much I loved that car.

Oh and for the people who are trying to get a 2J.

I use the TZ3 Alpha Romero Stradale '11. Add all power parts and weight reductions. Lower ride height to min. Run the final gear all the way to the right, set the max speed all the way to the Right, then every gear to the left, then final all the way to the left. It will max out in 3rd gear at around 300MPH without a draft. Yeah, you can tune that, but it really doesn't matter, I just made it simple.

Take that to Race 3 in Like the Wind in International A and let B-Spec bob just run with it. You enter him and walk away. Come back to $140,000 with 200% in 4 min.

YW. :)

Last edited:
Loads of fun with this event.
I managed a win in a stock XJ13 then a more flukey win in a stock P4 Fezza.

Then ran a WhoosierGirl 600pp set up on my new P4 for easy money.
Then ran a detuned (Stock power and weight) but with Whoosier girls suspension ramp angles and gearbox (And now I think of it her chunky Aero numbers) And Managed to get a very agreeable grid with everyone favourite Toyota 7 driver on Pole. This grid was a goldilocks grid all the ai seemed to run at just the right pace to let me pass them before things got too hairy.

I then reverted back to pure stock (Save the lack of driver aids) - and managed to get the win in stock form again. Stock the car is much more eager to lose the back end when you push hard through a corner. All good fun but makes for a much closer final lap.

Just when I thought I had a chance to pass S. Nardi in the Giulia TZ2, along comes H. Mizuno in the Toyota 7 who puts me in the wall! :mad: If that wasn't bad enough, then J. Frances in the 2J hit me too... All but ruining my chances of overtaking S. Nardi in the Giulia TZ2! :mad:

View attachment 346352

I got my revenge later on with J. Frances by trying to ram a hole through his cheating fan on the back of his 2J!

View attachment 346353

View attachment 346354

Wow that is funny. I hate when that happens

I thought I'd never be able to nail this one at first but with a bit of practice in the 2J I'm now doing consistent low 1:04s to high 1:03s with a personal best of 1:02.883.
I reckon there are about 15 new cars in my garage thanks to this race.

Almost over. Too bad, this was a good event, loved to drive these old race cars that slept in the back of my garage. Even if I didn't win every race, I didn't mind because I had fun most of the time.

Sad, but that's nothing compared to the fact that @WhoosierGirl has left GTPlanet.

I'll miss her posts, her tunes and her supercalifragilisticexpialidocious videos so much :bowdown:, thank you very much madame.

Very very bad news.

Almost over. Too bad, this was a good event, loved to drive these old race cars that slept in the back of my garage. Even if I didn't win every race, I didn't mind because I had fun most of the time.

Sad, but that's nothing compared to the fact that @WhoosierGirl has left GTPlanet.

I'll miss her posts, her tunes and her supercalifragilisticexpialidocious videos so much :bowdown:, thank you very much madame.

Very very bad news.
What????
Do you have the Link?

Wait, what?! She can't leave. She inspired me to what is now my current favourite car in the game, the Garaiya GT3. THAT MEANS SOMETHING, YOU KNOW?!

On top of that the best event ever is coming to an end tonight. Goddamnit, PD. Why can't a good thing last?

Sad day...

Back