A-spec Expert Level Historic Racing Car Cup: Mid-Field Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 302 comments
Took another crack at it. SRF, strong steering assist, TC2... yep, didn't care.

My first attempt of the night was odd in that the Toyota 7 was the rabbit, not the 2J:

D9GhItG.jpg

I thought that was rather odd, but it happened again in the next race, too. As well as that second place 2J driven by the AI spinning out on Lap 5:

EL4QtQ6.jpg

The AI then ran into the wall and began slowly backing up. Just before I came around the corner...

cRtsKsP.jpg

...and proceeded to avoid it...

JALRrDi.jpg

...badly:

P8jFwNq.jpg

n3CrEP2.jpg

So, yeah, not the fastest way to do Mid-Field:

qcCgQxx.jpg

One more try! With a best lap of 1:03.125 on lap 4, I managed to pass the #2 AI at the very end of lap 5 and the #1 on lap 6, which surprised me. And I managed to hold them off and win by about the same margin they'd been beating me!

mTyHT5Y.jpg

So, cheat codes and all, I beat the event. A hollow victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Took another crack at it. SRF, strong steering assist, TC2... yep, didn't care.

My first attempt of the night was odd in that the Toyota 7 was the rabbit, not the 2J:

D9GhItG.jpg

I thought that was rather odd, but it happened again in the next race, too. As well as that second place 2J driven by the AI spinning out on Lap 5:

EL4QtQ6.jpg

The AI then ran into the wall and began slowly backing up. Just before I came around the corner...

cRtsKsP.jpg

...and proceeded to avoid it...

JALRrDi.jpg

...badly:

P8jFwNq.jpg

n3CrEP2.jpg

So, yeah, not the fastest way to do Mid-Field:

qcCgQxx.jpg

One more try! With a best lap of 1:03.125 on lap 4, I managed to pass the #2 AI at the very end of lap 5 and the #1 on lap 6, which surprised me. And I managed to hold them off and win by about the same margin they'd been beating me!

mTyHT5Y.jpg

So, cheat codes and all, I beat the event. A hollow victory, but a victory nonetheless.

A win is a win no hollow victory here. Bravo for you!!

I beat this race again on my 2nd account with the 2J but I almost lost to the Toyota 7. On 5th lap I had about a 2 sec gap and the 7 walked me down before I could start the last lap, I caught up with him by turn 2 and lost him in traffic to win by 2 seconds. It was kind of funny because before he passed me I could barely see him then all of sudden he comes zooming by me like I'm standing still.

Last edited:
Finally got around to tuning up and running the 2D in this race. Raced against the 2J and Toyota 7 winning pretty easily. Another great car that I never gave much attention to. Didn't have to go far from my base race car tune to make this car handle quite nicely on this track. This little car has some great lift off oversteer, not too abrupt and not too lazy, just right for this track. Went with the stock trans settings as anything else I tried was either slower or threw off the handling from where I wanted it. Think I'm going to tune and try the Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63 next. Great event this one and my favorite Seasonal so far. Stay fast and race hard. :cheers:

Not sure Steve, I think 320 or something like that at 575pp or so, it is really fun to drive.

The Corvette is fun to slide around in, got tired of clicking through trying to find the Toyota and 2J lineup and just ran this one.

View attachment 349733

Thanks for the post regarding the Corvette 👍 even if it wasn't directed at me, now I have a time to shoot for. Hopefully I can get a lineup with the 2J though without much problems as I like to have it as the rabbit in all my races. Nice time you have there with the 'Vette. 👍

This is actually the first difficult seasonal for me in a while. Best I can do is 4th in the XJ-13, so I decided to buy the Toyota 7. That didn't help either. Any suggestions?

Do you have a 2J? That's the car I would recommend if you're having difficulty with the event.
I don't own the 2J. Don't really want to drop that amount of money on a car for one race.

I don't own the 2J. Don't really want to drop that amount of money on a car for one race.

Money shouldn't really be an issue. You have the RB events which you can grind for cash or you could let B-Spec Bob earn some cash for you. Check out the B-Spec threads if you aren't up to date on the whole B-Spec thing and how to earn some cash quickly and easily. Credits are pretty easy to come by these days as you can earn a decent amount of money pretty quickly.

Money shouldn't really be an issue. You have the RB events which you can grind for cash or you could let B-Spec Bob earn some cash for you. Check out the B-Spec threads if you aren't up to date on the whole B-Spec thing and how to earn some cash quickly and easily. Credits are pretty easy to come by these days as you can earn a decent amount of money pretty quickly.
Alright thanks. I'll check that out 👍

I like this event as sort of a Can-Am battle. I know I'm quite late, but it was a lot of fun with the Toyota 7 (finished ~4 seconds ahead of a Toyota 7 rabbit, haven't run against/in a 2J yet.) It is frustrating to stay on pace at times, but it's a really rewarding event if you ask me. I will be replaying this event when I can, maybe trying to score an elusive win with the 2D or maybe another period prototype car. Even though the sheer speed of the rabbits is some 🤬, it is rewarding to make that pass and work your way cleanly through the field. Lap traffic was cool, though it did cost me a win earlier.

The 2J will give you back every Cr. you invested in buying her.

She already has...fun drive I must say and now I understand all the fuss...I'm not as fast as most gamers on here but I managed a 1:03.1XX and that's damn fast for me...and in this car the race against the toyota7 and the 2J is a blast even though they have a bit of a HP advantage I'm sure :cheers:

This is what I used Ben, I think I used this for one of the rain seasonals a few months ago, not sure. I won with it the first try so I didn't bother changing anything and moved on to other cars, hope it helps.

120/80
11.20/8.00
5/5
9/9
7/7
0/0
0/0
6/4 bb
9/11/6
200/475

One of the cars I moved to was.....the Alfa Romeo..got lucky the Toyota crashed early. A win is a win! :)

View attachment 349069
Thanks for the tune. Really fun car that I haven't used before. But my laps are around 1:09 with it, too show to get close to third place

200kg of ballast and ~58% power limiter will get you in the vicinity of 600pp. My car started out stock and no oil change. Thats how I got my Toyota to 600pp. Hope that helps.

gonna try this later.
can't win with my daytona 15th anniversary car :(.
best result was second 8 seconds behind the Toyota,with no 2J or 2D participating,laptimes (high) 1:07's-1:10's

I got a problem with this event, all I got is the Audi auto union 39 and always end up 6th, only just got to a mil and am only on national a license. What can I do to win the event any ideas please?

I got a problem with this event, all I got is the Audi auto union 39 and always end up 6th, only just got to a mil and am only on national a license. What can I do to win the event any ideas please?
Get to IB licence and do the Red Bull events a few times (Namely the STandard championship) and buy either the GT40 or the 330 P4 or XJ13.

Get to IB licence and do the Red Bull events a few times (Namely the STandard championship) and buy either the GT40 or the 330 P4 or XJ13.
I disagree. The 20 Million Cr cars are not only a lot more expensive than the 2J (4.4x as expensive, in fact) but they're also much harder to win this event with. I think @supersonic92 has the right idea:
I recommend you to get at least international A licence and use B-Spec to get cash quickly to buy a 2J
I'd also suggest checking out the B-Spec Easy Credits! thread. Essentially, the "Like the Wind!" third race with a fully upgrade Corvette Z06 is great for grinding credits.

That race with that car pays out 140,400 Cr with the 200% login bonus, that's 477.6 Cr/sec or 28,653 Cr/min or 1,719,184 Cr/hr. Since the 2J is 4.5 million Cr, it would take at least 2 hours 37 minutes to grind the for the 2J. As others have said in this thread, though, it's worth it: the car is invaluable in races like this.

I would suggest trying to keep grinding up to about 2 million to get the Toyota 7. It is a quick enough car to get you the win if you keep it under control and keep the power high as you can.

I would suggest trying to keep grinding up to about 2 million to get the Toyota 7. It is a quick enough car to get you the win if you keep it under control and keep the power high as you can.

I couldn't win with the Toyota (i suck:lol:), but with the J2 i win it at my second attempt:
IMG_20150417_194742.jpg

I was lucky enough to get an easy lineup :D

Back