A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Côte d'Azur

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 274 comments
Great to hear it works well on other tracks 👍 need to get these races my self been busy IRL.

@hall90 patched your link code

[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...with-new-seasonal-setups.300860/#post-9266492"]Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)[/URL]

Edit corrected auto incorrect errors
I have fix up the link code. 👍

Anyone want to share their Ram tune? I'm almost there with mine. It has the power and the speed, just need to fine tune the suspension and lsd.
Thanks!

Tips for F40 to win :
Don't rev over 7000 rpm when car is not straight. 2nd gear, don't rev too high or the car will not stable when cornering cos too massive torque. Hope u guys have fun.. :cheers:
20150429_074533.jpg

Hi everyone. New member here, sorry if I am breaking any netiquette rules that I am not aware of.
Had to share this. Finally made it. Praiano tune on the ZZ and a relatively easy board did it for me. Thanks to everyone for sharing tunes.
Here is an interesting fact about the gap I had with the rest of the Al. Could have shaved 3 more seconds in total but did some minor mistakes. My best lap was 1:40.028

Attachments

• IMAG1416.jpg
    IMAG1416.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Anyone want to share their Ram tune? I'm almost there with mine. It has the power and the speed, just need to fine tune the suspension and lsd.
Thanks!

I think I use this one:

Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Quad Cab '04 by @Brewguy44

And it handles like a dream in corners considering it's weight. And with almost 800bhp it out accelerates most stock supercars.

Another one propably worth to try out with a tiny power downgrade:

Heavy Metal - Based on the RAM 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04 by @krenkme

If anyone is still having issues with this and doesn't mind using driving aids the gsxr makes this challenge seem intermediate level or easier.

Takes some of the skill out of it but makes for fast easy credits.

I tried running with zero aids and the gsxr can win, but with ds3 anything more than the lightest touch of brakes locks tires immediately.

Tried a stock Passionate Pink LFA '10 and lost, of course. Then I applied the Praiano tune and won the first time. It was a pretty clean race. I passed the ZZII rabbit at the 2nd half of lap 5. The opponents weren't agressive and drove consistently.

Tried a stock Passionate Pink LFA '10 and lost, of course. Then I applied the Praiano tune and won the first time. It was a pretty clean race. I passed the ZZII rabbit at the 2nd half of lap 5. The opponents weren't agressive and drove consistently.

The aggressiveness is pretty random. I've had the ZZll and Zonda pretty much give up after being passed, but for the last 2 days I've run up against Riviere in a Lambo. He's the most aggressive I've seen...pit manuvers, punting, side swiping... he spent the better part of a whole lap ramming me all over the place until he finally got me good and passed, then scooted away like he had an extra 100pp.

The aggressiveness is pretty random. I've had the ZZll and Zonda pretty much give up after being passed, but for the last 2 days I've run up against Riviere in a Lambo. He's the most aggressive I've seen...pit manuvers, punting, side swiping... he spent the better part of a whole lap ramming me all over the place until he finally got me good and passed, then scooted away like he had an extra 100pp.
So every AI driver has their own driving style? That's interesting.

We had people winning in pick-ups and SUVs so I tried an Australian saloon: The Commodore SS '04. The problem with this thing is that it understeers too much so I'm driving lap times of 1.46.

Next is the Mustang Boss 302 '13. First race I finish 4th, 7 seconds behind the rabbit Zonda. 2nd race I finish second, 10 seconds behind the Zonda and 4 seconds in front of the Saleen. How random...
3rd try was with the ZZII-SLR-Lambo-Zonda line-up. Finished 3rd with a 14 second gap. Won at the 4th try with a '05 GT as rabbit. Strangely it finished 10 seconds before the '06 GT.
So the Boss 302 can also be added to the list of winning cars.

Last edited:
It was noted awhile back that AI drivers are assigned cars, and performance values in the code. I'm not sure how the aggressive factor fits in....this Riviere guy seemed to get really angry at finishing 3rd in the first race and became a missle in the following races. It's fun to track the AI names/cars and see "old friends" show up.

I've got the Boss 302 Mustang, I'll try it!

If anyone is still having issues with this and doesn't mind using driving aids the gsxr makes this challenge seem intermediate level or easier.

I tried running with zero aids and the gsxr can win, but with ds3 anything more than the lightest touch of brakes locks tires immediately.

Have been driving the McLaren MP4 with the driving aids, finishing 1st pretty consistently. They sure make a big difference. My own personal challenge is to race without them, to force myself to learn how to tune the cars, and how to drive well. Up until this race, I had succeeded in every single race, online and offline, including the Nürburgring in the rain, which took some practice. :crazy: But this race was simply impossible to win 1st place without aids.

:gtpflag: FUN!!

I tried all afternoon with the GSXR (with and without driving aids), but could do no better than 5th. It handles beautifully, but while I could get past the (hyper aggressive) AI cars in the corners, they'd simply drive past on the straights and speed off into the distance!

One thing this event has shown me - I ain't as good as I liked to think I was! And I've tried all manner of cars - MP4, ZZII, RUF 3400S, M3 CSL, Enzo, Subaru Coupe, Alpine VGT, Mercedes VGT...

On the plus side, I think I've racked up at least 2 million credits in just trying!! And that's after spending a 🤬-load on tuning. :P

I tried all afternoon with the GSXR (with and without driving aids), but could do no better than 5th. It handles beautifully, but while I could get past the (hyper aggressive) AI cars in the corners, they'd simply drive past on the straights and speed off into the distance!

One thing this event has shown me - I ain't as good as I liked to think I was! And I've tried all manner of cars - MP4, ZZII, RUF 3400S, M3 CSL, Enzo, Subaru Coupe, Alpine VGT, Mercedes VGT...

On the plus side, I think I've racked up at least 2 million credits in just trying!! And that's after spending a 🤬-load on tuning. :P

You have to have all mods as far as power goes, no weight reduction, and I think a touch of ballast to get to 550pp. It's much faster heavy if you use abs 1, active steering and srf.

I think it's good that PD are experimenting with the AI performance. It's still far from perfect, but it sure is a challenge, if a bit unrealistic. It takes some good driving (practice needed) and a fair bit of problem solving skill to figure out how to get in front. eg ramming the AI has negative results, but you can slip past in the corners, but not the straights. Admittedly, pushing the AI sideways into the wall often works out OK :)

Finally won this with a tuned WRX STi Spec C '04. Took a fair bit of work though. Using a wheel, best lap was I think a 1.44.xxx, rabbit a Corvette. TC off, SRF off, ABS 1.

You have to have all mods as far as power goes, no weight reduction, and I think a touch of ballast to get to 550pp. It's much faster heavy if you use abs 1, active steering and srf.

Yep, I did all the tuning I could, and got it up to 546pp. The tune was from a YouTube video I saw where the car won.

I had abs and tc at 1 but I think I'm just too slow through the corners! I've got another week until it ends so I'll just keep trying.

Reading the above thread, I see that quite a few cars can take the win!👍

Not knowing which cars I should try, I decide to let the AI pick-em for me, so I decide to try the same car of the AI's who start in last place in the race.:mischievous:

I launch the Seasonal and see that the last place AI is driving a Ferrari F430 '06, so its back to my garage for my own F430, and then back to the track at Cote d'Azur. After a win with the Ferrari F430:), I continue on picking the last place AI car and I have proceeded thru the following cars and results:

My Car -------------- My Race Time ---Winning Margin

Ferrari F430 '06 ......... 8:57.020 ............ 0.395
Corvette Z06 C6 '06 ... 8:56.467 ............ 5.960
R8 5.2 FSI Quattro ..... 8:51.510 ........... 16.285
Jaguar XKR-S '11 ....... 9:01.956 ............ 1.488
RUF CTR2 '96 ............ 8:44.182 ............ 20.419
Lexus LFA '10 ............ 8:49.265 ............ 26.626

My win with the Jaguar XKR was quite entertaining, on lap # 5, I caught and drove past the 1st place ZZ II going thru Mirabeau, and the ZZ II didn't take kindly to being overtaken by a Jaguar, so he re-passed me going down the short chute into the Lowes hairpin, and then stuffed himself into the outside wall at the hairpin, so I calmly drove right-back past him since he was stuck against the wall, and took over 1st place again and proceeded on for the win!:)

My Car -------------- My Race Time ----Losing Margin

MB SL 65 AMG '04 ...... 9:06.666 ............ 3.184:irked:

The Mercedes SL 65 AMG is a portly pig, and its horsepower doesn't make up for its weight. It has reasonable handling for such a heavy car. I might be able to win against an easy lineup, but the 3.1 second loss that I mention above was my best after five attempts, so its a hard car to win with.:banghead:

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I just got a win in the Seven Fireblade, 9:00.373. Had to do some aggressive driving and spend a lot of time looking back to take the line away from the AI. Plus I needed Kid force recovery. That pretty much makes the win a fake, but as least its do-able. With one of those fields that has the rabbit at 9:15 plus, it is possible without SRF.

Yep, I did all the tuning I could, and got it up to 546pp. The tune was from a YouTube video I saw where the car won.

I had abs and tc at 1 but I think I'm just too slow through the corners! I've got another week until it ends so I'll just keep trying.

My most recent run in the gsxr was 8.33. If you wanna keep at it I can give you my settings if you think it will help. I'm not the fastest at the game so I think I have a decent tune on it.

My most recent run in the gsxr was 8.33. If you wanna keep at it I can give you my settings if you think it will help. I'm not the fastest at the game so I think I have a decent tune on it.

Yes, please! That car is also good for the current Willow Springs super lap event, which I'm a second shy off gold on.

I went back to the ZZII last night and reset the suspension, downforce and drivetrain to default and lo and behold got a 2nd and a 3rd, even with me stuffing up a few times. Maybe PD program in a "feel sorry for you" mode when you've tried enough times!

Yes, please! That car is also good for the current Willow Springs super lap event, which I'm a second shy off gold on.

I went back to the ZZII last night and reset the suspension, downforce and drivetrain to default and lo and behold got a 2nd and a 3rd, even with me stuffing up a few times. Maybe PD program in a "feel sorry for you" mode when you've tried enough times!

gixxer.jpg

This tune isn't mine, I found it on internet somewhere, might have tweaked a couple things. I changed the ballast a bit and its easier to drive

I did oil change, and did not install chassis reinforcement. I don't like the car with chassis reinforcement. I used abs on 2, traction control off, skid recovery on, active steering strong, stability management off. Absolutely don't use stability management, it slows you way down. I use ds3 with triggers for throttle and thumbstick for shifting. Its nice to use thumbstick to flick between gears. If you don't use triggers for throttle and brake it might be easier to use traction control on 1, but the car is faster with it off.

ride height is 80 and 80, springs are 4.99 and 6.27, compression is 3 and 5, extension is 4 and 6, sway bars are 5 and 4, camber is 0.0 and 0.0, toe is -0.11 and 0.13, brakes are 5 and 2.

transmission, set final ratio to 6.000, then set top speed to 112 mph. gears are 4.530, 3.304, 2.530, 2.020, 1.682, 1.461. Then set final gear to 4.566

I have every power mod except nitrous and power at 100%. with the oil change and all mods power is 263 hp, torque is 141 ft/lb. The diff is standard, so 7, 30, 15 and I have the twin clutch.

I have a wing with downforce at 20, stage 3 weight reduction with 67 kg in the 0 position bringing total weight 649 kg, weight distribution of 49/51.

Hope that helps. Car is right at 550pp.

This latest one sure was a handful. Took several attempts, I was always up against the ZZII and just couldn't catch it. Finally made it against an easier field. Winning overtake at tunnel entrance on lap 5.

WP_20150503_003.jpg

Also here is another good alternative for the ZZII. In total race time I'm only 2 seconds slower with this one.

WP_20150503_004.jpg

Last edited:
I managed this in the Alpine Vision de-tuned with time to spare (caught the 3 leaders middle of lap 4... which I smashed the course at 1:41, but averaged 1:43). Before that tried a Corvette ZO6 and managed only 6th and the 430 Scuderia and 3rd place. I kept trying small, light cars but no luck. In the race I won, a Zonda was 3rd, Corvette ZR1 2nd, and 2013 Viper 1st.

Back