A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 184 comments
Right on. 👍

Great car stock. I'll be starting today's driving with it. I have four, one stock, one oil changed, one body rigidity added, and one oil changed and body rigidity added.

Which one if any would you say is the best for the Expert race. I can consistently run P2 with the stock one. In fact just finished P2 again so I'm done for today. The closest I've come is 2 sec. behind. I have plenty of credits so I could buy another 5 :lol:. For me this has been the best car I've used so far. Also to clarify I'm not discrediting any tuner as I've used several. I'm glad it's early in the going because I need to give my hands a break. I am considering trying to find a tune for it, but not sure how much difference it would make. I'd appreciate your thoughts about that. I also noticed this is not an exact repeat as the other was on Sports Softs. I didn't gold it either and as @AlexAlien said there are many faster and this is just for fun.

@Racin510s I just did 5 races in the no oil, no added rigidity car. Won all 5 against various rabbits, including the big engine Zonda. 8:04 total time against the Zonda's 8:07

A tuned version will likely be faster if for no other reason than the transmission. But with the power cut, and peak power at 5800 rpm, which the stock transmission doesn't dip that low with shifts, I'm not sure. Rest of the car seems pretty good to me.

I've run a few more cars and was able to get them under the 8 minute mark:

The Pagani Zonda C12S '00:

34478944616_fe2f812b35_k.jpg

The Alpine Vision Gran Turismo:

34400251331_712150958e_k.jpg

The McLaren MP4-12C:

34479395016_9cf92c442c_k.jpg

And the Cadillac CIEN '02:

34521338225_ecb19e2832_k.jpg

The Cadillac CIEN is very fast, but is quite a hand-full if you touch the grass, so it took quite a number of attempts before I was able to run a fast lap for the entire 'Ring
:cheers:

A very tuned Honda NSX Type R '02 on SM might get under 8 minutes. Not a concept car but does seem favoured by PP limited regs.

👍 I was able to run the Honda NSX Type R '02 and get under the 8 minute mark::)

34412156571_ac2f55d620_k.jpg

As you say, it does seem slightly favored within the PP regs
Its quite fast, but is a little skittish at this high a PP value.
I guess my tune needs some work:nervous:

Ridox2JZGTE Replica Garage has won a Seasonal Event!
After three trials using first a Mustang, then a Lamborghini, and then @Ridox2JZGTE replica of Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 as it is from his garage, only fitted Sports: Medium tires on it. And what a race it was, it ended as one of the closest, and barely not won races I have raced in GT6. Thank you @Ridox2JZGTE :cheers:. Here is the result below. Everyone, try Ridox tune for this Seasonal challenge:)

View attachment 645574

Well remembered my friend. I joined 8:16 with Ferrari, but it was enough for the win. :cheers:

Came 3rd on first attempt with the Zonda C12.
Bombed up a ZZII to 550PP (cause I'm out of practice), and there was no rival ZZII so I wasted the competition!

The Audi R8 4.2 FSI '07 is fast enough to go under 8 minutes as well:

34391070262_d00f1932f6_k.jpg

In the above race, the troublesome AI got in my way a little:irked: so I gave it another try and shaved off a tenth of a second:

34421667381_ca2962d074_k.jpg

The AI still got in my way during the second race:banghead:, so a faster time is certainly possible. The Audi R8 does a nice job on the 'Ring even though I have mine tuned for Eifel.:dopey:

Finally after multiple cars/tunes/different line ups I got it done with the NSX-R LM . Today must have been my day. I got the right line up, the SLR was P1 annd he almost caught me on the long straight and I believe if it wasn't for that fact that the AI brake so early it would have been a much closer race. The set up was from one of the last Super Laps on CS tires. I don't know who to credit for the tune so here it is.
80/85 Brk 8/6
4.43/6.61
5/5
5/5
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.0/0.0
stock trans, top speed 199, FD 4.285
5/10/5
Engine Stage 3
DF 260/500 ( was 350/600)

If anybody recognizes this please step forward so that I can both thank you and give you credit for such a great handling car.

Now to see if I can get it done on my son's account.:nervous: Does anyone have a tune for the SLR prize car?

Attachments

• 20170509_134438.jpg
    20170509_134438.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
My first trial (and only yet) was a pimped KTM X-Bow. Would have to look up the tune, probably from Praiano or one of the other tuning gods. Was pretty good to catch up until the beginning of the Döttinger Höhe. Rabbit was a Murcielago. Unfortunately I was just a little bit too far behind for slip streaming so it got away, increasing my distance from 2s at the beginning to ~3.5s. So I had to get the last corners in full risk mode and actually a collision in the last right before the finishing line brought me the victory by ~0.5s. With a little more confidence in the car at the beginning of the lap it wouldn't have been so close. I'll try a few different cars as I see so many people struggling. From my point of view the X-Bow should be worth a try.

How did you win with a 8.25? Ive been doing 8.16s and still coming 2nd.

Finally after multiple cars/tunes/different line ups I got it done with the NSX-R LM . Today must have been my day. I got the right line up, the SLR was P1 annd he almost caught me on the long straight and I believe if it wasn't for that fact that the AI brake so early it would have been a much closer race. The set up was from one of the last Super Laps on CS tires. I don't know who to credit for the tune so here it is.
80/85 Brk 8/6
4.43/6.61
5/5
5/5
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.0/0.0
stock trans, top speed 199, FD 4.285
5/10/5
Engine Stage 3
DF 260/500 ( was 350/600)

If anybody recognizes this please step forward so that I can both thank you and give you credit for such a great handling car.

Now to see if I can get it done on my son's account.:nervous: Does anyone have a tune for the SLR prize car?

Been trying to do this for the majority of the evening and tried a multiple of cars with no luck.. so had a nosey on the web and found a YouTube video of someone who does a hellauva quick time on the nordschleife in a BMW M3 CSL and had a tune in the description, tried it out and after a few races and getting used to the car, finally nailed it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
I decided to give a few bow-tie's a try so after a bit of tuning I got some decent results and was able to get under the 8 minute mark with all of them:

Chevy Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo:

34564414715_3c9a379243_k.jpg

Chevy Corvette ZR1 C6 '09:

34178445370_38fbda8cd7_k.jpg

Chevy Corvette Z06 C6 '06:

33761191533_6716f135bb_k.jpg

Chevy Corvette Stingray C7 '14:

34433717701_ae37b146e2_k.jpg

Good fun!
They all drive pretty similar and are certainly all quite fast in a straight line:), however, they all exhibit a little too much understeer so you have to wait a bit to get thru some of the turns. I'm not really sure which I like the best, so I guess I need some more track time to find out!:dopey::D

The NSX-R LM did it for me again :cheers:. It was a closer finish but a win regardless. Yes there are many faster than me and yes this was another 8 minute run but still a win. I am happy :) to have won again. I don't know if I'll try it again because by the time the race is done my hands are shaking so bad I can't get a descent picture. The Good Lord smiled upon me once more and gave me the perfect line up and the ability. Congrats 👍 to all of you who have used multiple cars for multiple wins against much tougher opponents.

The one thing I forgot to mention about the set up was increased body rigidity and standard size aftermarket wheels. I still would like to give credit to whom ever it was that did the tune. The tune was from the Super Lap 550 PP at Eifel Flat that I never could gold. Oh well. As @AlexAlien said there are many faster than me but it's the fun that matters.👍 Thanks again to the :gtplanet: community, who without all of you GT6 would not be as fun as it is.

Attachments

• 20170510_152116.jpg
    20170510_152116.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I use the @Jeje6410 McLaren F1 '94 which is a very good handling car at this track and I am very please with you car my friend :):cheers:.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-05-11 15-33-47.png

On Jeje6410 car use this gear box below for this track, final gear to 5.000 then max speed to 240kmh and then do the gears and then the final gear, this car will get you under the 8 minutes without the road blocks which I had some trouble with couple of AI out on the track.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-05-11 15-35-08.png

I use the @Jeje6410 McLaren F1 '94 which is a very good handling car at this track and I am very please with you car my friend :):cheers:.
View attachment 646602
On Jeje6410 car use this gear box below for this track, final gear to 5.000 then max speed to 240kmh and then do the gears and then the final gear, this car will get you under the 8 minutes without the road blocks which I had some trouble with couple of AI out on the track.
View attachment 646603

Thanks a lot my dear friend for having used this McLaren in this race. :cheers: It's always a real pleasure for me to read your enjoy and yours comments !!!!!! Thanks again my dear friend :cheers: :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back