A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 114 comments
BLAST FROM THE PAST!!

IMG_0611.JPG

This thing is faster than the Huayra on the long straight line :)
IMG_0612.JPG

Finally, this is THE car that everybody should drive once!
IMG_0613.JPG

Didn't really have a street car tuned for 650PP, so I took my 600PP FD RX-7 I tuned for the Bathurst event a few months ago and slapped on a flat floor to see how it fared.

DSC_1037_zpsbgu7zncf.jpg

Was enough apparently. Now I'm just looking forward to D_Racer shaming the entire field with a pickup truck or something :lol:

SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 GT3 BOSS YACO Racing ( powered by Jochen Schweizer )
ADAC GT Masters 2012 ( Max Power Flat Floor Version )

Tuned to replicate Camaro GT3 YACO Racing ( Reiter Engineering )
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 641 HP / 650PS at 6300 RPM
Torque : 589.3 ft-lb at 5300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1310 kg
Ballast : 9 kg
Ballast Position : -50
Weight Distribution : 48 / 52
Performance Points: 613

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - Mandatory
Aero Kits Type C
Flat Floors
Custom Rear Wing :
Wing Mount Type A
Wing Large Type B
Winglets Type C
Height +2 and Width +38
Wheels : Standard Size ENKEI RC-T4 or OZ Racing Superfogiata or OZ Racing Ultraleggera or GT-Ab11 in Black or Dark Bronze
Car Paint : Black, White or Silver ( Plain - choose either of those when buying ) - repainting will put big stripes on the car.

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Supercharger
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weigh Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

Suspension - GT3 Reiter Engineering Suspension System with Ohlins TTX Racing Springs and Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 80 80
Spring Rate: 13.25 15.25
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 6 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 6
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber all around for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07

LSD - 2 Way LSD High Preload
Initial Torque : 33
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 36

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HOLINGER Speed Shift Homologated Ratio with Low Final
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 4.965
Set Auto Max Speed at 210kmh / 130mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.846
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.764
4th 1.473
5th 1.232
6th 1.037
Set Final : 3.488

AERO:
REAR : 20 ( MAX )

Brake Balance:
4/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 4/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/5 for ABS 1 or 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
The Camaro GT3 had a rough start back in 2012, the first European team from Germany who used the car, YACO Racing Team struggled to be competitive, spending most of their racing time at the back of the pack, several seconds off pace in lap time.

But, that's not the reason for not making this replica :D This year, 2014, the Camaro GT3 will debut again in Europe, with better brakes and bigger wheels as well as many aero improvements.

This build is trying to replicate the full power spec of the Camaro GT3 built by SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering. The car has 650PS and over 800Nm of torque, with 1310kg of weight. I can't replicate the car weight distribution at 55/45, so I used the closest I can get.

I installed flat floor on this build, a different approach to replica, this time I tried to get closer cornering speed of GT3 race car, and sacrificed top speed as well as acceleration. But, I do gain better traction, better stability, easier to push on the limit and ultimately more realistic top speed, able to replicate real life top speed of 279kmh at Monza with chicane - similar to real life 2014 test laps. There are subtle differences in balance compared to non flat floor, so it might takes time to get used to. The flat floor also added PP to 613, quite an increase from 582 :eek:

Suspension has been tuned with added aero downforce from flat floor in mind, damper, ARB and spring rate are optimized for balance of traction and stability on racing hard tire. I decided to use higher rear spring rate to make the car more willing to rotate while very controllable. There might be slight push/understeer, but it's more for safety cushion, so you know you are reaching over the limit and the real car also has unique understeer traits.

LSD is 2 way as usual for this type of car ( racing tire ), I tuned the preload pretty high to avoid sudden changes in grip between rear tires. While high locking rate make sure traction are even near the limit.

For gearing, I used previous replica GT3 homologated gearing and adapted for this car, as I couldn't find detailed info on Camaro GT3 homologation gearing. Final has been setup for good launch on 1st gear, while having good top speed and acceleration throughout the gears. I also aimed at replicating real life top speed.

I tuned and tested at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Monza with chicane, Bathurst, Silverstone GP, Nurburgring GP/F, Nurburgring GP/D, and Fuji Speedway F.

It was capable of easy 2:03s at Bathurst :eek:, and should be among the top pack of GT3 cars.

For reference : The BOSS YACO Racing Camaro GT3 managed to a best lap of 2:00.564 at Nurburgring GP/F in 2012, and 1:29.039 at Nurburgring GP/D, also on 2012 ADAC GT. Feel free to aim for these lap times :D

ENJOY :cheers:
Won with the tune as it is - 613PP. ABS - 1. :cheers:

Tokyo R246.jpg

Saleen S7. PP621. Cockpit race on race view. Fast lap 1:37.258. Winning margin over the Pagani Huayra 03.174. Pass for the win on lap 4 just before the start/finish line. Clean race. This car is on ice with the soft tires and will at any moment go to power oversteer if the throttle is not modulated 24/7. Also the front end of the car is also unstable and will rock from side to side under braking. Not a good car to pass in the corners. The picture is after the pass for the win on lap 4 as you can see the Huayra on the right of the picture.

Last edited:
How many seconds behind the leader are you ending up?

I can't remember, it may have been the field, I gave up after about 5 tries @ second place, then used the Tomahawk. That's when I learned there is a hell of a difference in some fields.

Huayra is the only enemy . Last lap need to block it. Haha...

Dude, well done! Care to share which tune you're using?

I can't remember, it may have been the field, I gave up after about 5 tries @ second place, then used the Tomahawk. That's when I learned there is a hell of a difference in some fields.

Dude, well done! Care to share which tune you're using?
I'm out from my house now. Just soften those ARB, then you will ' legit ' to attack from those kerbs & just before the last turn corner (left turn) , you can touch the grill without losing much speed.

Back