A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 114 comments
This family quite heavy Holden car doesn't disappoint me. Haha.
Go.. Holden.. go..
20170119_012101.jpg
20170119_015454.jpg
20170119_011406.jpg

Last edited:
I hit the proverbial wall with the 552 pp stock Honda NSX Concept '13 on SS tires. It's just not quite fast enough. Probably put in five solid hours, probably more really, of trying over two days. :crazy:

Nice car though.

Had a Go in my TVR Speed 12 - Got the win due to not hitting anything I guess...

But the prize car - The DTM Benz - Has that car received a new level of detail on the outside, as it looked pretty nice, but was it always like that? I seem to remember it being a bit mushy and blurry.

(Am I finally sober now?)

Ryk
Had a Go in my TVR Speed 12 - Got the win due to not hitting anything I guess...

But the prize car - The DTM Benz - Has that car received a new level of detail on the outside, as it looked pretty nice, but was it always like that? I seem to remember it being a bit mushy and blurry.

(Am I finally sober now?)
Not hitting any other car works best.

I hit the proverbial wall with the 552 pp stock Honda NSX Concept '13 on SS tires. It's just not quite fast enough. Probably put in five solid hours, probably more really, of trying over two days. :crazy:

Nice car though.

Looks like I won't be trying that haha. Did you try the Tomahawk? I'd like to see how much faster you are with it. This many laps, maybe 5-7 seconds.

@UltimateLurker

How in heck did you run a 7:42? I'm a few hours in with "only" a 7:52 and it felt like I was at about the limit. I don't think I'll gain 2 secs per lap. I tried that tune posted earlier and went slower consistently than the stock car. And yes, I'm hitting the go fast button. Short shifting at 8000

image.jpeg

Good job 👍

I agree, UltimateLurker's time of 7:42 is crazy fast.....

Only managed a 8:13 with the Tomahawk. No 'go fast' button though. Possibly another second per lap in it but that would be it. Beautiful grip and fun to drive.

@UltimateLurker

How in heck did you run a 7:42? I'm a few hours in with "only" a 7:52 and it felt like I was at about the limit. I don't think I'll gain 2 secs per lap. I tried that tune posted earlier and went slower consistently than the stock car. And yes, I'm hitting the go fast button. Short shifting at 8000

Good job 👍

Wow, I expected you to come back with at least 7:38, now you know how I feel every time you beat me by 4-6 seconds! haha

I used the tune provided, but I did lower the top speed a bit. I never tried the stock car, maybe I should.

Anyway, I think this car moves the way I need it to, and it's just fast enough for my reactions, and not too fast. I think I ran MANY 7:48's before going 7:42.

BTW, what is the go-fast button?

Oh, and I use a DS3/Automatic. I think TC is at 3.

I think I ran 9 7:48's and 2 7:45's, but I deleted them. These were still on my phone.

Tom%20753.jpg

Tom%20751.jpg

Tom%20750.jpg

Tom%20749.jpg

I remember not being able to get past 7:48, but then the next day getting a different field, and that really helped, no one was in my way at all. I think that has a lot to do with it because this car is so fast.

Ferrari 599. PP590. Cockpit race. Clean race. Fast lap 1:39.589. Pass for the win on lap 5 over the McLaren F1 at the start/finish line. Winning margin 00.196.

@skeagracing, your driving lines are amazing!! I learned some new stuff just watching that post, thank you for putting that up...
doesn't hurt that the 599 is one my favorite cars...lol

@skeagracing, your driving lines are amazing!! I learned some new stuff just watching that post, thank you for putting that up...
doesn't hurt that the 599 is one my favorite cars...lol
@Wolf68 You made my day as anytime that I can help you learn so new stuff is "a great racing day for me" now that I am too old to race and can only teach. Yes the 599 is one of my favorite cars good buddy and a bit forgotten in the Ferrari line-up of cars.

Back