A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 212 comments
A couple of the popular cars for this race seem to be the 2005 Pescarolo C60 Hybride and the Toyota Minolta Group C race car. I will be VERY surprised if the BMW VGT can win this race, but stranger things have happened. :lol: :D đź‘Ť
Yeah the VGT Beamer is pretty much a waste of $1M (the 300K return when sold kind of makes me want to hold onto it. May have some use for it in the future.) There is no way it will do anything in the seasonal (let alone any other race worth while.) The Chapperal is something from another planet (pun intended) That thing is sick and weird and I like it. It's like driving a stun gun or a bug zapper or some sort of crazy device designed strickley for the pleasure of the fairer sex. But, not unlike any of those other contraptions, it get the job done. I was able to finish 8th in the seasonal and got as high as 4th during the course of the race. I am going to give it a go with my new steering wheel soon...

I find the 2X way harder to use here than other cars, since it requires such a different driving style from a traditional car. Because your thrust and downforce are both controlled by the gas pedal, a lot of regular driving techniques just don't seem to work (e.g., lifting to correct understeer).

It's fun to drive as a change of pace, but I personally find it to be rather hard to use effectively in events like this.

Though kudos to those of you who can use it! :cheers: I've seen it in the top 10 in the time trial for this track, so I know the car's more than capable of it in the right hands.

Well, like I said if you choose the 2X you must take some time to learn how to drive it, as it manages very differently than anything else. But once you do get the hang of it, it's an absolute monster. It has ridiculous grip and huge downforce; if you stay within the track limits spinning out becomes tremendously hard.

I agree that the Chaparral can be a monster of a car. Personally, I can't stand using these VGT cars with invented technologies and such, but I don't pass judgement on those who do. It takes a little getting used to - driving the Chaparral 2X. You've got to convince your brain to keep your foot on the gas pedal at certain times where you would normally lift.

By the way...great Avatar! I just listened to Interstellar Overdrive about 20 minutes ago.

To be honest, I actually agree, using VGT cars (the 2X in this specific case) feels a bit like cheating, as it outruns literally anything at around 700 pp or even above.

And thanks, this remains my avatar since I registered here but it's still one of my favorite albums.

I found that the lineup makes a huge difference. After a few tries with the C60, I managed a Gold with a 7.16 using a wheel. After logging off then on, a new lineup showed (T7, Sauber, C60) and I managed a 7.12 and came in third, 15 seconds behind the leader ??
I don't remember the lineup when I golded except that the T7 was in first and the Sauber wasn't in the lineup.
strange...

Back