A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Circuito de la Sierra - Time Rally

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 212 comments
In addition to the MINOLTA so far I managed a win in the following cars using no aids other than ABS.

Peugeot 905B Evo Bis LM '92
Sauber Mercedes C9 '89
Toyota GT-One (TS020) '99
Mazda 787B '91

The Bentley Speed 8 is proving a little harder to win with for me than it did @Giulietta73. I still have a few others on my short list to try out including a couple more attempts in the Bentley.

Let me know if you want the setup used for any of these cars.

If you are looking for your initial win I suggest using the MINOLTA, IMO its by far the easiest of these to drive "fast". Setup is listed on post #118 on page 4 of this thread. Good luck.👍

It took a few tries but I finally managed to win (beating the Pescarolo C60 rabbit) using only ABS 1 with my trusty MINOLTA Toyota. I think I will give a few others a try to see how many can win without aids.

This is the setup I used. (I started with Praiano's setup but made several changes, mostly to compensate for no traction control).

90 90
min min
2 1
1 2
4 5
0 0
-0.04 0.15
3 0

9 / 6 / 15

aero 600 / 800

Transmission:
Set Final to 5.000
move max speed auto slider to 174mph / 280kph
set individual gears

set final to 3.200

I added a low RPM Turbo and reduced power level to 99.2% to get 700pp. (no oil change, how you get to 700pp is not critical IMO)
I was able to make it to 3rd place with this tune, with a little more practice I'll be able to finally win this event. I have been using a wheel, and settings are, automatic transmission, active steering: strong, TC: 5, abs: 1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
My time with a few mistakes...

20150817_185104.jpg

Setup of the car was by Praiano with different LSD setup (5/5/5 front - 30/30/5 rear) and Final Gear to 3.500. I always driving with MT and Directional Buttons for steering.

Finally made it with the Minolta, Mr P's tune. :cheers: After one million tries. :crazy: This event is insane. I was considering to skip it and that would have been the first time that I wouldn't have completed an expert seasonal :eek:. But I can't help myself, I must gold them all :sly:. Just hope next one will be more realistic...

I don't know what to make of this. Usually I have little problem golding all expert events using the cars suggested on the forum. Went into this with the Minolta as some have recommended, and determined to keep the driving quite safe, as there are tons of places where it is easy to go off, so staying on the tarmac is main priority on this track rather than going super quick. After several tries, my effort resulted in 11th place before the Deltawing, and over 45 seconds behind the leader.

It also felt like I should have taken it even more easier overall since there were a couple of places where I was just lucky to be able to keep the car under control, including a couple of slight excursions through the gravel.

I don't know what to make of this. Usually I have little problem golding all expert events using the cars suggested on the forum. Went into this with the Minolta as some have recommended, and determined to keep the driving quite safe, as there are tons of places where it is easy to go off, so staying on the tarmac is main priority on this track rather than going super quick. After several tries, my effort resulted in 11th place before the Deltawing, and over 45 seconds behind the leader.

It also felt like I should have taken it even more easier overall since there were a couple of places where I was just lucky to be able to keep the car under control, including a couple of slight excursions through the gravel.

I don't think you can afford to play safe in this event, there are 3 or 4 sections at the track that required 320+kph to keep pace with the top 4 AI cars. Once you figure out how to maintain the speed without going off track, you should be able to gold it, hope this helps.

What a waste of my time today. Tried this with the LM55 and thought I was doing OK, until the AI rear-ended me on a corner at full speed. After that I had to pass the 11th and 10th place cars twice and even had the 10th place car rubbing up against me for a full minute before rocketing past. Got close to the 9th place car and then he kicked in his boost and ended up 5 seconds a head of me. Ended up in 10th place. On the long straight I wasn't as fast as the 787B which was quite surprising. *SIGH*

I have tried numerous of times with various cars. So far 6th place is the best result. I am giving up!!!
It is not fair! Not at all! I touch them and they got vorp speed boost! Insane!
This track would have been so much better with 500 - 600PP cars!!!

Hi,

First of all, congrats to those of you with times in the 7:30s, really impressive!
However, I still think either some line ups are impossible to beat, or there is something about pacing during the lap that affects the leaderboard. I'm posting a pic of a run done yesterday, I finished 3rd with #1 in 7:33.9! According to many leaderboards I see here, my time could have been enough for 1st in many of them, but 7:33, wow!
That being said, Minolta with P's tune and no TC yields best results for me so far.

Good luck to all! I'm enjoying the event nonetheless...

Attachments

• IMG_20150817_220141~3.jpg
    IMG_20150817_220141~3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi,

First of all, congrats to those of you with times in the 7:30s, really impressive!
However, I still think either some line ups are impossible to beat, or there is something about pacing during the lap that affects the leaderboard. I'm posting a pic of a run done yesterday, I finished 3rd with #1 in 7:33.9! According to many leaderboards I see here, my time could have been enough for 1st in many of them, but 7:33, wow!
That being said, Minolta with P's tune and no TC yields best results for me so far.

One of the slower field is Toyota 7 at P1, the 7 will slow down the C60 and Minolta enough to let you catch them before the final downhill section.

MSZ
I don't think you can afford to play safe in this event, there are 3 or 4 sections at the track that required 320+kph to keep pace with the top 4 AI cars. Once you figure out how to maintain the speed without going off track, you should be able to gold it, hope this helps.

Yeah I guess so, I haven't played this track a lot and not in a long time so I'm no good at it. Also really mismatched for LMP/Group C because of the jumps. With a tune I could probably catch some cars, but I don't know if I will bother trying since I didn't really enjoy it.

I've decided to give my garage a workout, so I've started to run all my LM cars at the Sierra track with the following winning results so far:

Audi R8 Race Car................7:39.881
Bentley Speed 8 '03............7:39.707
BMW V12 LMR '99...............7:33.807
Mazda 787B '91..................7:35.251
Mazda LM55 Vision..............7:36.662
Minolta Toyota 88CV...........7:43.196
Nissan R92CP '92................7:40.469
Pescarolo Judd GV5.............7:43.851
Peugeot 905B Evo '92..........7:36.013
Sauber Mercedes C9 '89.......7:37.746
Toyota GT-ONE '99..............7:34.392

I am running all of the cars de-tuned down to 690PP to give the AI a slight speed advantage.:mischievous: I ran the Mazda 787B, the Mazda LM55 and the BMW V12 a couple of times each, so the above list is not really an indication of which car is the easiest/fastest to drive, but is just my results before I moved on to another car. My largest winning margin was 10.079 seconds, while my smallest winning margin was 0.154 seconds. To keep the AI docile, I'm trying to refrain from hitting them as I pass each one.:nervous: Also, I have not found a way to take two of the jumps at speed, so I'm slowing down considerably for the tough jumps. The AI is not much faster, so you don't lose much time.

If you are looking for your initial win I suggest using the MINOLTA, IMO its by far the easiest of these to drive "fast". Setup is listed on post #118 on page 4 of this thread. Good luck.👍

I concur with what @RuddRacer says, the Minolta Toyota is a nice comfortable drive, and is certainly fast enough to win the Seasonal race.:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I've decided to give my garage a workout, so I've started to run all my LM cars at the Sierra track with the following winning results so far:

Audi R8 Race Car.................7:39.881
Bentley Speed 8 '03............7:39.707
BMW V12 LMR '99...............7:33.807
Mazda 787B '91..................7:35.251
Mazda LM55 Vision..............7:36.662
Minolta Toyota 88CV...........7:43.196
Nissan R92CP '92................7:40.469
Pescarolo Judd GV5.............7:43.851
Peugeot 905B Evo '92..........7:36.013

I am running all of the cars de-tuned down to 690PP to give the AI a slight speed advantage.:mischievous: I ran the Mazda 787B, the Mazda LM55 and the BMW V12 a couple of times each, so the above list is not really an indication of which car is the easiest/fastest to drive, but is just my results before I moved on to another car. My largest winning margin was 10.079 seconds, while my smallest winning margin was 0.154 seconds. To keep the AI docile, I'm trying to refrain from hitting them as I pass each one.:nervous: Also, I have not found a way to take two of the jumps at speed, so I'm slowing down considerably for the tough jumps. The AI is not much faster, so you don't lose much time.

I concur with what @RuddRacer says, the Minolta Toyota is a nice comfortable drive, and is certainly fast enough to win the Seasonal race.:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Re: The jumps... the best way I found to go thru them, so long as your ride is RWD, is to hit them at a reasonably quick speed, and the let the revs drop mid-air. As long as your car hits rear wheels first, it will grab a bit and straighten you out. The first or second major jump, the one where you land mid-turn, is where this worked a treat for me.

And, yeah my times are still 10-15s off of yours, and I haven't won. But I also haven't sat down for more than 20 mins at a time. Good job to everyone who has hammered away at this, I would if I could...

Damn hard event. You have to use the right car and the right tune or you won't make it.

If any car can make it, it's the C60, though. Or the 2X if you can manage to keep it on the track as it has the best acceleration and top speed at this pp level.

Hi,

What might have got you is battling with any close to front. Flying and they speed up if you touch. Keep with you till you gap them.

No your right.... There is some merit to what your saying. I've noticed in other seasonal when they stepped up the AI. That they changed on pace and proximity. It was a Trial Mountain seasonal I noticed it. Ran fast then ran slower to cruise but AI was slower as well. Was like what gives. I wanted the leader by me on the last lap.

Another is. After you pass the leader in all seasonals and get a gap let say 2 - 3 sec they slow down. If you get pace in front 1 sec they run faster. More prominent with these 700 pp.

You can use this one. And past Nurb seasonals as example. They'll be a fast guy and the AI 7-10 sec ahead of some other players fastest run. Even with the same AI field.

Advise for anyone I have is. If your not use to some of the tunes posted you may have to learn to have a lil faster corner speed and trust the tune. Maybe start some turns lil wider and sooner to keep the speed and arc. (Apex).
Stay a gear up from display suggestion. Most of these tunes are not meant to drive slow. Some will seem loose if youR not leaning on it enough and cornering to slow.

Sorry for the long post.

No your right.... There is some merit to what your saying. I've noticed in other seasonal when they stepped up the AI. That they changed on pace and proximity. It was a Trial Mountain seasonal I noticed it. Ran fast then ran slower to cruise but AI was slower as well. Was like what gives. I wanted the leader by me on the last lap.

Another is. After you pass the leader in all seasonals and get a gap let say 2 - 3 sec they slow down. If you get pace in front 1 sec they run faster. More prominent with these 700 pp.

I've seen something similar with all the new seasonal races. I'll consistently be catching the leader by 10 seconds per lap. Then, when I pass the leader he will sit 1-2 seconds behind me and pace me the rest of the race.

I dont understand you all why are you doing the Aspec races at all?
The money isnt high enough to grind. And the prizes are ****, cars you can buy or already have. I would understand if they all have speciall color or something, but no.
Intrinsic motivation vs. extrinsic motivation. In other words, is the race worth doing because it's entertaining in its own right or is it a means to an end? As you say, the extrinsic motivators for this are pretty meager, so the only reason to do it would be if you find the race itself entertaining. (An interesting piece on this concept in gaming.)

So, speaking of this race, I knew it'd be bad. And I was totally right!

My first attempt, with the driving line, AT, and TC3:

fjqORrV.jpg

I was just about by the Speed 8, but they got three wide, I screwed up, and ended up back in 11th again. :banghead:

Tried again, this time with SRF and Strong Active Steering:

2rYkw0O.jpg

Better, but nowhere near good enough.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can't beat this.

But at least Logitech has fixed my G27!

I like to check out what the races or time laps are here before I even turn on the PS3. Once again I am utterly disappointed with PD. It seems they have no interest in coming up with any A-spec expert level races that are realistic.
Their AI makes that impossible.

Plus, in a realistic race, it takes ages to pass anyone, and that doesn't make for a fun gaming experience. Well, not for most people, which is who PD is aiming for. Super hardcore sim racers might enjoy a 2.5 hour race where they might gain a few positions above what they qualified at, but most people wouldn't. :)

Last edited:
Hi,

@Seb Weasel don't give up since a 7:33 is more than fast enough to get gold, even against the Pescarolo C60. I don't know if it will help you but the setup I posted on pg. 4 is a modified version of Praiano's that I settled on for doing this event without TC, AS, etc. (His RS tune was a little aggressive for me on RH tires.)

Its very important that you do not hit the last few cars and cause them to "boost". I find the best way to pass them uneventfully is to do it breaking into a corner since most of the time side contact does not seem to "boost" them. However sometimes traffic and your pace has you meeting up with the cars at all the wrong points and its just better to restart. Or that moving road-block (Delta Wing) has several cars up its gearbox.

@GTsail290 I like the way the 787B drove so much I bought the "stealth" version to try. I thought this car was faster than the regular 787B and felt it was a close 2nd to the Minolta in terms of easy to drive.

For such a "ridiculous" event I don't know why I am having so much fun using all the LMP cars in my garage (for sure a lower pp would be more fun here or at the 'Ring)

@Seb Weasel don't give up since a 7:33 is more than fast enough to get gold, even against the Pescarolo C60. I don't know if it will help you but the setup I posted on pg. 4 is a modified version of Praiano's that I settled on for doing this event without TC, AS, etc. (His RS tune was a little aggressive for me on RH tires.)

Its very important that you do not hit the last few cars and cause them to "boost". I find the best way to pass them uneventfully is to do it breaking into a corner since most of the time side contact does not seem to "boost" them. However sometimes traffic and your pace has you meeting up with the cars at all the wrong points and its just better to restart. Or that moving road-block (Delta Wing) has several cars up its gearbox.

@GTsail290 I like the way the 787B drove so much I bought the "stealth" version to try. I thought this car was faster than the regular 787B and felt it was a close 2nd to the Minolta in terms of easy to drive.

For such a "ridiculous" event I don't know why I am having so much fun using all the LMP cars in my garage (for sure a lower pp would be more fun here or at the 'Ring)

I felt like giving up a couple of days ago, getting so frustrated with small mistakes costing so much time and the A1 taking off unrealisticaly , but perserverence finally gave me a win by not rushing the race, it's a good feeling to get that win and enjoyable trying all the LMP's

First place with BMW V12 LMR '99 ( Thanks GTsail290 for the idea).....ds3,buttons,abs 1,tc 7.....lol

total time 7.40.xxx

i used an old tune from mr praiano63 with some changes (Thank you very much too)

BMW V12 LMR '99
change oil
698pp
983hp
49/51
power 100%
high turbo
df 600/470
ballast 0/0

60/60
18/24
9/8
8/9
4/5
0/0
-008/004
bb 7/5

fg 5500
max 240 klm
fg 3180

lsd 8/12/8

Many many congratulations to nowayback for his fantastic time with Peugeot VGT

Gr
l

I just don't understand why people are whining and complaining about this event!?
This is just a game and meant to entertain us, and this event entertained me a good deal!
I'm not asking to make it as close to reality as possible, I just want to have fun out of it and that it did.
Those who hate the track or the event are not obliged to take part, keeping in mind that there may be others who enjoy it!

First of all it depends on which set of opponents you draw, there are different sets of opponents each time you leave the event and re-enter. Some sets of opponents are hard to beat (or not to be beaten at all).

After some trials and errors I found out (for me) that the best car to beat a beatable set of opponents is the Mazda LM55 Vision GT, and so I did win (after several failures) by 3,5 seconds.

After all, I had a good time of entertainment, better than watching CSI-Miami or some other crap for hours.
I also can't confirm that the AI's behave differently or badly if you bump into them (which I did quite a few times).
Ahhh and something else for the Youngsters: I'm 64 ! :D

Here's my race (7:14,800) and SetUp:

Mazda%20LM55%20Vision%20Gran%20Turismo.png

Great time for a geezer even with the mistakes

Got the C-60 Hybrid down to a 7:00 lap. Same setting as before, just added a little toe to the front end. Made it a lot more stable. The only way I can navigate the first jump is to brake hard before the jump.

Front toe at 0.10 Rear toe, 0.02.

Edit to add previous tune:

Started with Praiano tune, then tweaked it to this.

Ride height 45, 60
Spring rate 16.85, 19.00
Dampers C 7, 7
Dampers E 7,7
Anti-Roll 5,5
Camber and Toe all 0
Brake Balance 6, 7
Trans. changed final to 2.885
LSD 5,7,8
Low RPM Turbo
Downforce 600, 825
Ballast 9 kg at -50

It seems that there are a lot of gamers that get angry just because it is difficult. Only it is a question of trying time after time. I have needed 4 hours to get gold.

It seems that there are a lot of gamers that get angry just because it is difficult. Only it is a question of trying time after time. I have needed 4 hours to get gold.

Personally I don't think it's as difficult as LMP @ the ring. That event took me two days to win. But I think most people would prefer that event over this one, myself included.

That being said, I will try to win this one again with a different car later this weekend.

I brake just before the crest and shift into 3rd - usually while the R8 gets a lot of air and well out shape which allows me to get early on the gas and sneak past on the inside without contact.

Back