A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 230 comments
IMG_0795.JPG
I haven't found any tune for this event for LM55 :/
Use the 700PP tune at Exeter Gt tuning garage. It is listed in the VGT car section of tunes.
Lower power to 50% and add 57kg ballast to reach 600PP.
Depending on driver skill, the car is capable of beating the TS030 which has always been the fastest AI car in the races I have done.
You really should buy the TS030 and tune it. You can also use this car in the TT event. Should be easy gold in both events.

View attachment 541826
Use the 700PP tune at Exeter Gt tuning garage. It is listed in the VGT car section of tunes.
Depending on driver skill, the car is capable of beating the TS030 which has always been the fastest AI car in the races I have done.
You really should buy the TS030 and tune it. You can also use this car in the TT event. Should be easy gold in both events.
Good race time with the LM55 :cheers:, and yes it is all depend on you driving skill as well.

Good race time with the LM55 :cheers:, and yes it is all depend on you driving skill as well.
Thanks. I like using this car for the 700PP events and was skeptical on how it would perform at 600PP in this event.
I lucked out and had the TS030 at P2 in the starting grid and this gave me a good indication of the car's performance.
I use a G29 wheel and consider my skill level to be slightly above average at best. My TT times says my skill level sucks:lol:.

Thanks. I like using this car for the 700PP events and was skeptical on how it would perform at 600PP in this event.
I lucked out and had the TS030 at P2 in the starting grid and this gave me a good indication of the car's performance.
I use a G29 wheel and consider my skill level to be slightly above average at best. My TT times says my skill level sucks:lol:.
I was wrong about the LM55 it is not to bad , I had the TS030 in P1 and I had a few problems with the AI getting in my way, you can get a good race time with this car if the AI where in the right place at the right time :).
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-04-29 14-52-50.png

Last edited:
Does this car handle well, because I have not use this car as yet ?.
It’s tail happy but that could be the tune. Also you have to be careful especially with the front end of the car on the curbing. If you have both wheels on the curbing that is ok. Also it will not out accelerated the TSO30 nor will you be able to draft it down the straightaway for a pass as if you do draft it and then pull out to try to win it will leave you behind. So if you are going to try to win against the TSO30 you will have to muscle your way passed at a corner before the straightaway. I set the Transmission to 180 Max Speed to pass all the race cars in the corners so as not to have to tangle with them by drafting. Now saying this there are some race cars that you will be able to draft but definitely not the TSO30. With the Max Speed set to 180 mph you run out of gears at the end of the straightaway when you are drafting other race cars but it will not matter because you will have to start braking at the end to make it through the first corner after the straightaway. The whole premises is to pass/muscle all the race cars at the corners so you have a shot at passing the TSO30 before it gets to the straightaway. And last be careful where you pass the TSO30 because when you do it will try to spin you out and that is the last thing you need as again you will not make the pass for the win. With this pass I try to pass on the inside but at an angle that is parallel to the TSO30 like trading paint. Have your wheel ready to steer into him if he tries to spin you out.

It’s tail happy but that could be the tune. Also you have to be careful especially with the front end of the car on the curbing. If you have both wheels on the curbing that is ok. Also it will not out accelerated the TSO30 nor will you be able to draft it down the straightaway for a pass as if you do draft it and then pull out to try to win it will leave you behind. So if you are going to try to win against the TSO30 you will have to muscle your way passed at a corner before the straightaway. I set the Transmission to 180 Max Speed to pass all the race cars in the corners so as not to have to tangle with them by drafting. Now saying this there are some race cars that you will be able to draft but definitely not the TSO30. With the Max Speed set to 180 mph you run out of gears at the end of the straightaway when you are drafting other race cars but it will not matter because you will have to start braking at the end to make it through the first corner after the straightaway. The whole premises is to pass/muscle all the race cars at the corners so you have a shot at passing the TSO30 before it gets to the straightaway. And last be careful where you pass the TSO30 because when you do it will try to spin you out and that is the last thing you need as again you will not make the pass for the win. With this pass I try to pass on the inside but at an angle that is parallel to the TSO30 like trading paint. Have your wheel ready to steer into him if he tries to spin you out.
Many thanks for the tip, I will try the car tomorrow 👍.

I use this setting on LM55; on Default Transmission. Already side-by-side with TS030.

#Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Ride 43/43 Locked
Spring 20.71/15.00
Chassis 3/3, 4/4, 5/5
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 5/5
LSD 0/5, 0/5, 0/5
Transmission Auto Set 260kmph
Downforce 600/850
Ballast 200kg @ -50

I use this setting on LM55; on Default Transmission. Already side-by-side with TS030.

#Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo
Ride 43/43 Locked
Spring 20.71/15.00
Chassis 3/3, 4/4, 5/5
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake 5/5
LSD 0/5, 0/5, 0/5
Transmission Auto Set 260kmph
Downforce 600/850
Ballast 200kg @ -50

Might just try that.

EDIT: One thing is unclear. In your setting ---> "LSD 0/5, 0/5, 0/5"
Did you mean that the first numbers on the left should be at "0"? If so I don't see a way to bring them down to "0".
Or did you mean leave them (left numbers) unchanged...and only change the right hand numbers to "5"?...So that they would then be "LSD 10/5, 40/5, 20/5"

Last edited:
My Apologise.

1. It's 5/5, 5/5, 5/5; trying to disable the LSD.
2. With Top Speed Auto Set to 260kmph is aggresively nice too, leaving few more meters to the end of the straight line. But, just tweak Gear 7 & 8 to push up a little more speeds. Not neccessarily needed I think.
3. I put Max 200kg ballast to gain as highest HP & Torque possible.
4. Actually, it's experimental using ZERO Camber & Toe, probably squeezing the most power.

Last edited:
My Apologise.

1. It's 5/5, 5/5, 5/5; trying to disable the LSD.
2. With Top Speed Auto Set to 260kmph is aggresively nice too, leaving few more meters to the end of the straight line. But, just tweak Gear 7 & 8 to push up a little more speeds. Not neccessarily needed I think.
3. I put Max 200kg ballast to gain as highest HP & Torque.

Thanks bro. Appreciated.

Smooth Driving! Setting please :) Can't beat the 1:42 just yet with this car..
Suspension
BB 5,6
D.G. 10,15,10
P.L. 61.3
D.F.
Improve Body Rigidity
Max Speed 180
Final Gear 4.920
1. 2.650
2. 1.807
3. 1.329
4. 1.024
5. 0.827
6. 0.700

View attachment 541826

Re the Mazda LM55 VGT. Yup, turned out to be a pretty good tune and advice re adjustment to reach 600PP.
Just tried it. Very nice. Managed to get 2nd but that could be because I'm just now getting accustomed to racing with my new Logitech G29 steering wheel. I see the potential and Gold with it. Cheers.

Back