A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 230 comments
Had 2 close seconds last night, but just can't get over the line with the SLS AMG.
Seems to like a lot of downforce, but that kills it's speed being only 600pp.
maybe my gearing is wrong.

tips?
I used max front , min rear for downforce ..
image.jpg

Did it at 586pp , maybe why I had an easy field ..

Raybrig HSV-010. Winning margin over the TS030 1.021. Pass for the win over TS030 at Tunnel Two. Fast lap 1:41.576. P1 BMW P2 Nissan P3 TS030. Tune by me. Cockpit race on replay view as I could not turn off the windshield wipers during the race. I will need to get my crew chief to work on my DFSW.

I should be doing this in 8:34, and you and Hall both should be doing it in 8:29, it's all about tweaking the tune. I'm going to try Hall's tune tonight, but have a feeling I'll have issues with the increased weight.
With a 8:29 the AI have to move over so you can get a good run in them corners to make up that time, but they get in your dam way that is the problem and you can not hit the AI either, I had a IS F Touring Car I just gave it a light tap with my 2J in the rear and it took of like a rocket.

I have noticed...again, that the car lineup really matters on this seasonal also. Used the 2J this morning, same tune as the last time I won, and barely beat the R18. You really have to be on the top of your game for this one also, IMHO.

fordlaser777 do you tune cars a lot? I tried the TSO with a nurburgring tune I found I just could not catch the leader which was a R18. I am surprised at such a soft suspension tune must be from running over a lot of rubble bars? Thanks for the tune that's some real fine tunning on the tranny. would this tune work in 650PP events with a tranny gear up or even 700PP possibly? Was there another TSO30 or R18 in your near 30 second win?

Last edited:
fordlaser777 do you tune cars a lot? I tried the TSO with a nurburgring tune I found I just could not catch the leader which was a R18. I am surprised at such a soft suspension tune must be from running over a lot of rubble bars? Thanks for the tune that's some real fine tunning on the tranny. would this tune work in 650PP events with a tranny gear up or even 700PP possibly? Was there another TSO30 or R18 in your near 30 second win?
No I do not tune cars a lot, running over a lot of rubble bars no and I have not tried this car at 650PP or 700PP, and yes there was another TS030 in the field.

your a pretty good driver then controller or wheel? Anyway good tune car has an awesome clutch to. I noticed you cant tune the engine so 700PP events I don't know. I have skid force on because of my rusty driving. I tried looking at the rusty pic I took and it didn't work can is everyone else not getting it? doh also rusty at posting pics I hardly use photobucket realized what I did wrong. sorry about all this.

Last edited:
http://s476.photobucket.com/user/dwight42_2008/media/Picture 14_zpstegrlre6.jpg.html

your a pretty good driver then controller or wheel? Anyway good tune car has an awesome clutch to. I noticed you cant tune the engine so 700PP events I don't know. I have skid force on because of my rusty driving. I tried looking at the rusty pic I took and it didn't work can is everyone else not getting it?

Nice job :cheers:, I use a wheel and that 30 second time I won there was no other TS030 in the field and I made a mistake in my post saying it was sorry.

Had another few great runs in the old Nissan Z LM, but couldn;t take the win from the AUdi LM.
Switched to the Nissan Zytek Z11SN, a rough tune with heaps of downforce and came up on the Audi at the start of the last lap out of the first corner.
Could see it was going to be close so Just held my line behind it up over the left-right-left crest, held a wide line knowing he would go for the inside of the corner at teh hairpin, and expecting I'd to be able to get a good run out of it and go for an overtake at the top of the hill.
Instead he outbraked himself into the hairpin and slid sideays off the track.
I went on to push a good 7 second win.
I was left feeling quite disappointed....

So far these are the cars that I have been able to secure 1st place with: (I only have driven the course once with each one so times definitely have time to be improved)

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 8:55
Audi R8 Race Car '01 9:05
BMW V12 LMR '99 9:07
Chaparral 2J '70 9:07
Pescarolo c60 Hybrid Judd '05 9:08
Peugeot 905B EVO 1 BIS LM '92 9:09
HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 9:10
Mazda 787B Stealth Model 9:12
Toyota Minolta 88C V '89 9:12
Mazda LM55 9:16
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Total '10 9:16
Toyota GT ONE (TS020) '99 9:16
PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 9:18
Toyota 7 '70 9:20
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model GT 9:23
Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak '11 9:26
Peugeot VGT 9:26

I have raced many others where the times were very good but didn't get 1st because of the line up I was up against.

Here are a couple examples that I have where I ran awesome times but didn't win:

Jaguar XJR-9 '88 9:06 2nd
Peugeot Courage C600 '03 9:11 2nd
Honda Raybrig HSV-010 '12 9:13 2nd
Audi r10 TDI Stealth Model 9:13 3rd
Bentley Speed 8 '03 9:15 2nd

Its crazy how much the difficulty fluctuates.

I have raced many others where the times were very good but didn't get 1st because of the line up I was up against.

Its crazy how much the difficulty fluctuates.

It's a set up. Like the last one with the Rocket in the line up. I has consprcy thery.

Raybrig HSV-010. Winning margin over the TS030 1.021.

Yup, The Honda Raybrig HSV-010 '12 is a good car for this race too. Since you didn't give your tune I did a search for a 600PP tune for the car. This is the only 600PP tune I found for the car. A Praiano tune from 2014 for a Laguna Seca Seasonal. So I tried it and got Gold.
It's fast no hell and extremely stable but runs out of gear towards the end of the longest straight though as it was tuned for Laguna Seca but makes up for it in the majority.

HONDA RAYBRIG HSV-010 `12 //600PP // RACING HARD TIRES LAGUNA SECA SEASONAL

Yup, The Honda Raybrig HSV-010 '12 is a good car for this race too. Since you didn't give your tune I did a search for a 600PP tune for the car. This is the only 600PP tune I found for the car. A Praiano tune from 2014 for a Laguna Seca Seasonal. So I tried it and got Gold.
It's fast no hell and extremely stable but runs out of gear towards the end of the longest straight though as it was tuned for Laguna Seca but makes up for it in the majority.

HONDA RAYBRIG HSV-010 `12 //600PP // RACING HARD TIRES LAGUNA SECA SEASONAL
Great job. Yes it's one of the best racecars in the GT6. Very stable in the corners and lot's of get up and go out of the corner. I have 3000 miles on this racecar. You can fix the Transmission so you do not run out of gears. I can give you my tune for that part. I am very happy for you as it can win against any lineup for sure. What lineup did you go up against?
Here are a couple of some segments were you can make up a lot of time in fifth gear with the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Starting at the end of the straightaway all the way to the sand pit. And the corner just be before the straightaway can be taken in fifth gear also.

Last edited:
Great job. Yes it's one of the best racecars in the GT6. Very stable in the corners and lot's of get up and go out of the corner. I have 3000 miles on this racecar. You can fix the Transmission so you do not run out of gears. I can give you my tune for that part. I am very happy for you as it can win against any lineup for sure. What lineup did you go up against?
Here are a couple of some segments were you can make up a lot of time in fifth gear with the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Starting at the end of the straightaway all the way to the sand pit. And the corner just be before the straightaway can be taken in fifth gear also.

Thanks. Would appreciate the gear adjustments if you would kindly share.

As for the line up in the three races I raced it included the McLaren and some other cars but I took note the line up with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (which is one of the fastest line ups) was not included. I hope to race against that line up soon to see how it goes. Hopefully by then I'll have your suggested gears adjustments to race with. Looking forward to it. Cheers my racing brother.

It's a set up. Like the last one with the Rocket in the line up. I has consprcy thery.
That last seasonal was not fun. Once I got first with the rocket, I didn't continue. This one is a lot better.

But I want another expert seasonal with some weather and pit stops! Bring on the challenge!

That last seasonal was not fun. Once I got first with the rocket, I didn't continue. This one is a lot better.

But I want another expert seasonal with some weather and pit stops! Bring on the challenge!

Yeah, I think they may bring some of those again soon.

Thanks. Would appreciate the gear adjustments if you would kindly share.
Transmission
Max Speed 180
Final Gear 4.062
1. 4.455
2. 3.038
3. 2.235
4. 1.722
5. 1.391
6. 1.177

If you need any other settings let me know as I have the rest of of my settings if you need them. Best of luck as I would love to see you win versus the TSO30.

Transmission
Max Speed 180
Final Gear 4.062
1. 4.455
2. 3.038
3. 2.235
4. 1.722
5. 1.391
6. 1.177

If you need any other settings let me know as I have the rest of of my settings if you need them. Best of luck as I would love to see you win versus the TSO30.

Thanks @skeagracing . Will apply later this evening and give it a go.
BTW, what measurement is that for the Max Speed (180)? Kph or Mph?

Just an update Skeagracing. Just tried the tune with your gear adjustments. I noticed you pretty much left the 1-6 gears default. Also took it the Max Speed setting at "180" meant mph so that's what I used. Left everything else as per the Praiano tune except for the gears as was.
Well it made a significant difference in that the gears did not run out as before and the speed was good. Thanks a lot. Will do some more races with it until I get the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 in the line up. Cheers.

Is an 8'44 okay for a TS030? As easy as this race was to win, challenging myself to go as fast as I can while overtaking cleanly was quite fun. Grand Valley is a fun track to race on!

Considering trying the Chapparal 2J "cheat car" and see if I can join that 8'30 club.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 31
Back