A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 149 comments
I hated this race, start to finish. It took me 2 hours to beat it in my Minolta. Not sure why it was so hard, I lost several times with high 5-minute times!!! I'm usually pretty good at The Ring, but I'm glad this one is over!!!!

Holy crap I hardly get under the 7 min. Sorry Shaunm your tune must be good but I turn it into a lawnmower.

Mercedes sauber 6:39 total time (6:36, thirth place) after many attempts. I think I need the weakest field to win this one.
What is the fast field?

I didn't read everyone else's responses until just now. Wow, I must have had a deadly fast field! My very first (completed) lap was 6:06...to place 4th!!!! No wonder I was having such a hard time. I should have taken a picture!

Been having the same probs as jayson...just some random car standing on road not moving..(happened 4 times atleastand the solution was first: to overtake 2 cars in 40sec, and catch up with the bentley on first high speed corner.pass both, then i was on the move as i expected to :P.however..managed to do a 5.56(not total time) with a Sauber C9 ( on stick) if some1 needs a 'stable' setup, i'll post it.

Last edited:
I actually like Nurb, but I am starting to get tired of having it for the Expert race all the time. That and yet another with 600pp+ cars. There isn't a 400-500p expert race we could do? Love to have an underdog race even, forced to race some 450pp car against good driving AI 500pp or so. Just tired of breaking out the same cars over and over. LM55, then Pescarolo, TS030, 2J, and oh yeah, not much else. If you're a good enough driver you can take these with other things, but usually, it's a little too steep of competition to try must of anything real low.

Been having the same probs as jayson...just some random car standing on road not moving..(happened 4 times atleastand the solution was first: to overtake 2 cars in 40sec, and catch up with the bentley on first high speed corner.pass both, then i was on the move as i expected to :P.however..managed to do a 5.56(not total time) with a Sauber C9 ( on stick) if some1 needs a 'stable' setup, i'll post it.
I would love to see your set up

Well your response sure killed my confidence a bit for some reason ...:)
Anyway here goes--->
RH: 73:74
Spring: 16.39 ; 18.21
Dampers: 6 : 4
extension: 5 ; 4
Anti roll: 5 ; 7
Toe; -0.25 ; +0.50
BB: 8 ; 6

Transmission - first to 240 then ->
1st: 3.431
2nd. 2.356
3rd. 1.732
4th. 1345
5th. 1.063

Final 2.582

Drivetrain:
initial: 7
acceleration: 9
braking: 16

Body :
Front : 600
rear: 784 (randomly stopped it there and it worked out for me) :)

Car specs : 697 PP
973 BHP
893 kg
49:51 wd

Traction control : 2
Abs: 3
other stuff is on off.

Criticism is welcomed :) kind of the first setup I bothered to (fully)make myself anyway and turned out good/" Good" :P.

Well your response sure killed my confidence a bit for some reason ...:)
Anyway here goes--->
RH: 73:74
Spring: 16.39 ; 18.21
Dampers: 6 : 4
extension: 5 ; 4
Anti roll: 5 ; 7
Toe; -0.25 ; +0.50
BB: 8 ; 6

Transmission - first to 240 then ->
1st: 3.431
2nd. 2.356
3rd. 1.732
4th. 1345
5th. 1.063

Final 2.582

Drivetrain:
initial: 7
acceleration: 9
braking: 16

Body :
Front : 600
rear: 784 (randomly stopped it there and it worked out for me) :)

Car specs : 697 PP
973 BHP
893 kg
49:51 wd

Criticism is welcomed :) kind of the first setup I bothered to (fully)make myself anyway and turned out good/" Good" :P.
I will give it a go

I don't know how you guys manage this so easily.. If I'm able to take over the first pack of cars smoothly (places 9 to 5 roughly) without side kicking, ass kissing the car in front of me, waiting for a gap or corner, or bumping into the Bentley at Aremberg (the AI driver apparently chose that spot to park and sleep), I'm having trouble with the last cars which makes the Minolta nearly impossible to reach for me.

Finally having the second place in sight, I get off my driving line because of the taking over and end up in the sand near Pflanzgarten (the high speed section) or do some grass mowing somewhere else.
I was looking forward to it but don't enjoy this at all, 700PP on the narrow Nordschleife. Can't go faster than, what was it, 6.33-6.38 (6.04 ?) when I not decide to restart immediately, and my left thumb hurts as hell :D

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys manage this so easily.. If I'm able to take over the first pack of cars smoothly (places 9 to 5 roughly) without side kicking, ass kissing the car in front of me, waiting for a gap or corner, or bumping into the Bentley at Aremberg (the AI driver apparently chose that spot to park and sleep), I'm having trouble with the last cars which makes the Minolta nearly impossible to reach for me.

Finally having the second place in sight, I get off my driving line because of the taking over and end up in the sand near Pflanzgarten (the high speed section) or do some grass mowing somewhere else.
I was looking forward to it but don't enjoy this at all, 700PP on the narrow Nordschleife. Can't go faster than, what was it, 6.33-6.38 (6.04 ?) when I not decide to restart immediately, and my left thumb hurts as hell :D

Hang in there bud,, as tough as it sounds,,, try to relax your shoulders,, I can't say anything about a controller other than heaven help those who don't have a wheel,, AND we bow in admiration of you who have whupped these AI in this event IF you got by 'em using a controller!! Anyway, I found I had to force myself to R E L A X,, loosen my grip on the wheel,, shrug my shoulders every chance I got and force myself to PULL them DOWN (which helps relax 'em - I'm 68 years old and these cars tend to get this 'ol boy tense as a bow string!!),, then it got considerably easier (if there's such a thing as this one being EZ!) and I got around them with the Mazda LM55 and the Mazda Stealth 787 (with a slightly adjusted - changed the FG to 2970 - EXETER tune!!). Give 'er another few trys and see if that relax strategy won't help. GL!!

I really have to force myself to calm down and try not to be too aggressive, but it's hard to do that when you are driving a 700pp race car. :scared:

AND we bow in admiration of you who have whupped these AI in this event IF you got by 'em using a controller!!

I have a 5:52, and several high 5:50's with the DS3/Auto/SRF. I don't have a pic though, figured it was a terrible time because I came in second a few of those times. I use my Minolta with a Frankenstein tune.

Hang in there bud,, as tough as it sounds,,, try to relax your shoulders,, I can't say anything about a controller other than heaven help those who don't have a wheel,, AND we bow in admiration of you who have whupped these AI in this event IF you got by 'em using a controller!! Anyway, I found I had to force myself to R E L A X,, loosen my grip on the wheel,, shrug my shoulders every chance I got and force myself to PULL them DOWN (which helps relax 'em - I'm 68 years old and these cars tend to get this 'ol boy tense as a bow string!!),, then it got considerably easier (if there's such a thing as this one being EZ!) and I got around them with the Mazda LM55 and the Mazda Stealth 787 (with a slightly adjusted - changed the FG to 2970 - EXETER tune!!). Give 'er another few trys and see if that relax strategy won't help. GL!!
Thanks man! I'll keep on trying, and breathing. They brake early (like always) so keeping that in mind makes it easier, now the taking over isn't such a big deal mostly. The first sections go pretty well, but I still blow it at the long winding last curves before the straight end. We'll see..

@ UltimateLurker, 5:50 is good 👍 should be enough for 1st place I guess

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have a fast field. I'm getting times in the low to mid 6:20's in the Minolta, and yet I'm still unable to clinch 1st. I'll try again tomorrow.

I don't see what there is to be tense about. If you've been running the SRT X event, this one is moving in slow-motion. And NO PENALTIES!!!11!!elenventyone

****, just pick the LM55 and grab a cold one. Turn on TC1 and AS if you have to. Chill to the finish line.

After trying out with other cars I decided to go an buy a MINOLTA Toyota and won!
DSC_0351.jpg

No special setup (sort of);

Brakes 7/8
Downforce 600/815
Ballast Weight +7kg (no position setting)
Everything else turned on of course (since I play for leisure)
TCS 2
ABS 3

I haven't had any luck with the LM55..even after turning on ASM it seems to want to spin out at the least touch of a curb..so far my best is with my fav Lmp the Peugeot 905.The start up track they used reminds me of my old Mugen MBX5R

What the...? People are winning with 6:22 laps??? (Total time?) I came in third with a 6:08 lap. What gives?
My first attempt was with the LM55, and I came fourth with a 6:11 lap. Switched to an untuned 787B, and came third with 6:08. I have upgraded with a stage 3 turbo, but not tried a lap yet.

What the...? People are winning with 6:22 laps??? (Total time?) I came in third with a 6:08 lap. What gives?
My first attempt was with the LM55, and I came fourth with a 6:11 lap. Switched to an untuned 787B, and came third with 6:08. I have upgraded with a stage 3 turbo, but not tried a lap yet.

The times at the end are total time not laps, I'm pretty sure theres a hefty bit added to your lap time once you finish.

As for the 787B it's a pretty simple race. Mine was completely stock just a bit of adjustments to the downforce and I won it on my first attempt. Although the AI's time range is quite odd for this event.

Well compared to usual cars tomahawk is godly )
the hardest part in this event are the blocking ai cars, if you don't overtake them properly it may cost a lot of time... (and ofc don't go of the track... car can easily spin and ruin the momentum/lap)
but if you have a good run it should be ez.

What is the fast field?

With weakest I didn't mean slowest. I see a lot of difference between winning times. I experienced, during my many attempts, a whole lot of different ai. The ramming "speed 8" of jayson619 was one of them. During this event you can collect ai's in front of your car or behind. Some ai are aggressive, fast or persistent and give you a hard race to gold and in my case a lot of off-roading. During one race the Mazda 787B starting in front of me stays in front of me finishing as thirth.
During my final and winning lap the same Mazda just stepped out of my way as many other ai. I guess it was less agressive, fast and persistent field. Let say the weakest field who let me win with a almost clean race in a total time of 6:28,(something).

Last edited:
With weakest I didn't mean slowest. I see a lot of difference between winning times. I experienced, during my many attempts, a whole lot of different ai. The ramming "speed 8" of jayson619 was one of them. During this event you can collect ai's in front of your car or behind. Some ai are aggressive, fast or persistent and give you a hard race to gold and in my case a lot of off-roading. During one race the Mazda 787B starting in front of me stays in front of me finishing as thirth.
During my final and winning lap the same Mazda just stepped out of my way as many other ai. I guess it was less agressive, fast and persistent field. Let say the weakest field who let me win with a almost clean race in a total time of 6:28,(something).
Roger that. I get the picture now and thank you for your post on this topic. Always good to know and a great help with any challenge.

Overtook the DeltaWing.... he kindly rammed me off the track :banghead: Won with a 5:56 lap in the C60 Hybride, ABS @ 1, (active steering @ strong :embarrassed: have to in this car for some reason) all other assists off.

What do people feel about active steering? I feel like a fraud when I use it, and mostly keep it off unless the top ten are using it at seasonals. And this car.

Finally got it.
Now used the Mazda and turned on the aids except strong steering (TC 4, ASM on, ABS 1, Slip on, Sensitivity controller 7), lots of downforce. It was far from a flawless race and certainly not my best and fastest lap, but got lucky with a slow and friendly field, didn't expect to win after some mistakes when suddenly I saw the Toyota 7 and Pescarolo right in front of me. I guess PD decided to have some pity. My moment of glory: :D

IMG_0303.JPG
IMG_0302.JPG

So it's possible to win with a lap of 6:08.

Next time I'll try again with the Minolta and Pescarolo. The Mazda feels very unrealistic on this track (though every 700 pp car does).

Back