A-spec Expert Level Race Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 149 comments
Well your response sure killed my confidence a bit for some reason ...:)
Anyway here goes--->
RH: 73:74
Spring: 16.39 ; 18.21
Dampers: 6 : 4
extension: 5 ; 4
Anti roll: 5 ; 7
Toe; -0.25 ; +0.50
BB: 8 ; 6

Transmission - first to 240 then ->
1st: 3.431
2nd. 2.356
3rd. 1.732
4th. 1345
5th. 1.063

Final 2.582

Drivetrain:
initial: 7
acceleration: 9
braking: 16

Body :
Front : 600
rear: 784 (randomly stopped it there and it worked out for me) :)

Super

Car specs : 697 PP
973 BHP
893 kg
49:51 wd

Traction control : 2
Abs: 3
other stuff is on off.

Criticism is welcomed :) kind of the first setup I bothered to (fully)make myself anyway and turned out good/" Good" :P.

Super tune with no aids clean race (did trade some good amount of paint on the first pass) will post video later. Thank you! Hope I can help you sometime!! These race cars and not meant to run on this track as it is to narrow.

Last edited:
Finally got it.
Now used the Mazda and turned on the aids except strong steering (TC 4, ASM on, ABS 1, Slip on, Sensitivity controller 7), lots of downforce. It was far from a flawless race and certainly not my best and fastest lap, but got lucky with a slow and friendly field, didn't expect to win after some mistakes when suddenly I saw the Toyota 7 and Pescarolo right in front of me. I guess PD decided to have some pity. My moment of glory: :D

View attachment 412605 View attachment 412607

So it's possible to win with a lap of 6:08.

Next time I'll try again with the Minolta and Pescarolo. The Mazda feels very unrealistic on this track (though every 700 pp car does).

did today also numerous attempts to win it.
used also the Mazda VGT (tweaked praiano tune) and my lap time was around 6'06"... but had a 1.5 second gap to the second placed car which was the R92CP of O.Lemmens in my case.
think i was lucky too to have the Toyota as main rabbit.
He did a great job holding the Pescarolo and the R92CP long enough behind him to have a chance to win.
My lap wasn't flawless either,made many mistakes actually,even in the important corner right before entering the long straight,lost much exit speed over there and i was happy i didn't cost me the victory after all,the R92CP had more speed and almost cathched me.

I don't see what there is to be tense about. If you've been running the SRT X event, this one is moving in slow-motion. And NO PENALTIES!!!11!!elenventyone

****, just pick the LM55 and grab a cold one. Turn on TC1 and AS if you have to. Chill to the finish line.
LOL!! :cheers: Brother,, ain't that tha truth!!! :lol:

I've pretty much given up on this seasonal already. I'm no where near good enough to pass one car, let alone win the race. I should have learned my lesson after banging my head against the wall after the 2 seasonals that they have had on the Tokyo track the last few months. If i try to stay on the track, I'm too slow to catch up and if I try to drive as fast as I can, I keep going off track which makes me too slow to keep up. The cars I have tried are the LM55, Peugeot Vision Car, Mitsubishi Vision Car and the Pescarolo C60 Hybrid.

Congrats to the ones that have won the race and I hope you can make a lot of credits grinding it for the prize money.

I have no idea how you guys did it.

Tried C60 and LM55, best lap time was 6:11(lap time, not total time), 4th was my best record.

Well your response sure killed my confidence a bit for some reason ...:)
Anyway here goes--->
RH: 73:74
Spring: 16.39 ; 18.21
Dampers: 6 : 4
extension: 5 ; 4
Anti roll: 5 ; 7
Toe; -0.25 ; +0.50
BB: 8 ; 6

Transmission - first to 240 then ->
1st: 3.431
2nd. 2.356
3rd. 1.732
4th. 1345
5th. 1.063

Final 2.582

Drivetrain:
initial: 7
acceleration: 9
braking: 16

Body :
Front : 600
rear: 784 (randomly stopped it there and it worked out for me) :)

Car specs : 697 PP
973 BHP
893 kg
49:51 wd

Traction control : 2
Abs: 3
other stuff is on off.

Criticism is welcomed :) kind of the first setup I bothered to (fully)make myself anyway and turned out good/" Good" :P.

I see you did an oil change; I'm trying to figure out if you left the camber at default or if you zeroed them out. Do you remember? Thanks. The tune is working good but I haven't won with it yet; I'm hoping the camber question will solve that!

I hated and enjoyed this race. Not because it was a pain in the ass, but because it was how most of the races in the game have to be, competitive. I First tried to win with my Audi but couldn't even reach the 4th position at the last curve before the long line in the lap. I love Nurbur, but sadly, I had to use another car that didn't want to use to win this race :(

THEY FORCED ME TO DO IT! IT'S THEIR FAULT!!! :nervous:

Jokes apart, the race with a competitive car it was almost impossible for me (with a DS3). Then, I looked here and there and found a car with almost the amount of PP that the race required, and I'm sure the 95% of the racers chose it. Yeap, the Mazda M55.

Well, the rest is history.

The funny thing was the AI, uncomfortable to play in this conditions (some cars crashed if you were near them), agressive, fast, running after you, making you to be nervous, etc. A TRULY RACE, or almost what a truly race has to be.

The problem was the AI was too agressive sometimes, specially the Pescarollo and cars similar to it. I remember a car, I think another Pescarollo, gray with yellow lines (this car started in front of me). Haha, that was funny, I crashed the car a little from behind with my Mazda, and the son of 🤬 ran like it had four nitros, not one. Crashing others cars in from of him, it seemed a race within him and me, it was quite funny and weird :lol:

1t2DJVY.jpg

I took a week off of racing, and it really showed! After spending 10 minutes easily golding the beginner/intermediate races, I grabbed a glass of water, turned up the AC, and settled in.

It is very obvious that racing is a perishable skill. Take time off, you lose skill. You really have to practice regularly.

This was a 3 hour event for me. I first tried the C60 and ended up in fourth place in short order. The next car I tried was the LM55; At this point, I realized that I was either going to have to wrangle the oversteer of the Pesco, or the understeer of the Mazda- and being a DS3 user, I went with the Mazda.

Top speed to 255

Downforce all the way up

Power limited to exactly 700pp on the dot.

6:00:058

Sine I went into it knowing it was going to be a challenge and would take awhile to gold, I just kept grinding up to the long straight until I felt that I stayed on the tarmac for enough of the event to take the gold. In fact, my gold attempt was such that I passed all the cars by the final right-hander before the straight, and fought them off for the win. The top speed was WAY too high, and I could've done better with it set in the 230 mph range.

I haven't read thru all 100-plus comments in the thread, but I imagine a lot of complaining... here's the deal- if you're using the DS3, it finally dawned on me tonight... events like this are not as close to a true simulator as the other events are. Because of the way the "dynamic" steering works, even with the aids turned off, you never really know how far the wheel is turned when you're on the sticks. what this leads to is what I have come to call button-juggling...basically, you're just feathering throttle, brake and stick to get the car to turn in as much as possible. It is almost impossible on a controller to drive like a real driver, that is, enter the corner on the brakes, feather throttle, turn, exit corner full throttle in smooth succession. This obviously must frustrate tons of people. In slower events, this doesn't apply as much, because the car movements and controls are vastly more predictable, and you can thus drive much smoother overall.

What these events do though... is train your reaction times and control speed. If you practice enough, you'll be amazingly quick compared to a wheel user on a level playing field, imho (which, honestly, doesn't exist). One way they could help balance the field is to allow us to tune our controllers, so that we can take some of the "dynamic" movement out of the stick, making the steering more linear and less adjustable based on speed. I, for one, would rather have full control of my steering, no matter what speed. It would take dexterity, but I would be quicker for sure.

Overall, I had fun, didn't rage-quit, didn't get angry...and am faster because of it. Seriously, thanks PD. For those of us who aspire to race IRL at any level...even in LeMons, lol... events like this are clutch.

For those who find this event not a challenge, I'm curious if you can win with the Toyota Hybrid Thing (the "cheater car" of 615 PP what actually should be around 640-650). I gave it a try and became 7th with a total time of 6:48 (no tune) but I'm sure that can be a lot faster. Though the car misses some top speed but handles perfectly.

I've pretty much given up on this seasonal already. I'm no where near good enough to pass one car, let alone win the race. I should have learned my lesson after banging my head against the wall after the 2 seasonals that they have had on the Tokyo track the last few months. If i try to stay on the track, I'm too slow to catch up and if I try to drive as fast as I can, I keep going off track which makes me too slow to keep up. The cars I have tried are the LM55, Peugeot Vision Car, Mitsubishi Vision Car and the Pescarolo C60 Hybrid.

Congrats to the ones that have won the race and I hope you can make a lot of credits grinding it for the prize money.
Keep using the LM55, you can brake insanely late and that doesnt bother the car or handling (strange enough.....), sticks to the road like glue. If you're using the controller too put on all the aids, and take corners faster than you normally would. It takes some practicing. Although if it's hard for you to pass one car it will be a difficult challenge... That first car could/should be overtaken before the first time point (between 19-22 seconds behind the leader).

And of course, if all means are necessary, bump into the AI cars to get faster through corners, especially Delta Wings which should be in the air :boggled::

IMG_0305.JPG

Last edited:
This one wasn't too bad if I could actually stay on the tack 90% of the time. Mazda was the one for me.

Also did help that the Toyota went off course and ended up in like 6th. So I managed to caught up pass before the long straight and had a good 2 second lead at end.

Last edited:
Cockpit race. Race view. No Aids. Lap of 6:01 Tune by Krokar. Clean race but did trade some good amount of paint on the first pass. The rest of the AI race cars blocked the track, blocked my race car, rear ended me and tried to spin me out. Pass for the win at Dottinger Hohe.

the moment at 3.18" :eek:
probably i would have just rammed into them and crashed out myself,great skill there to avoid that one and not losing control when going sideways over the curb.:bowdown:

the moment at 3.18" :eek:
probably i would have just rammed into them and crashed out myself,great skill there to avoid that one and not losing control when going sideways over the curb.:bowdown:
You are 100% correct as I don't know how I did it as it was all muscle memory and survival skills from all the years of racing. Not much mind in these two moves for sure one to avoid and one not to spin out like you said.

For those who find this event not a challenge, I'm curious if you can win with the Toyota Hybrid Thing (the "cheater car" of 615 PP what actually should be around 640-650). I gave it a try and became 7th with a total time of 6:48 (no tune) but I'm sure that can be a lot faster. Though the car misses some top speed but handles perfectly.

Keep using the LM55, you can brake insanely late and that doesnt bother the car or handling (strange enough.....), sticks to the road like glue. If you're using the controller too put on all the aids, and take corners faster than you normally would. It takes some practicing. Although if it's hard for you to pass one car it will be a difficult challenge... That first car could/should be overtaken before the first time point (between 19-22 seconds behind the leader).

And of course, if all means are necessary, bump into the AI cars to get faster through corners, especially Delta Wings which should be in the air :boggled::

View attachment 413623

This is all great advice. Even tho it took me 2 or 3 hours to win, if I had used more of the driver aids ( I did have SRF on, but only ABS1), and a proper tune on the LM55...it would have been on a totally different level.

Also, if you're tailing the leaders close enough, occasionally they crash, just like every other car on the track. The closer you follow, the more likely they are to go off-road...bu be careful, because you'll be liable to follow them straight off lol.

I can almost catch the leaders in the TS030 but when we hit the long straight they just pull away. So, best result in the Toyota so far for me has been 3rd place. I'm running it with an oil change, so 623pp.

Edit: P2 now, total time 6:28, 1.5 back.

Last edited:
I can almost catch the leaders in the TS030 but when we hit the long straight they just pull away. So, best result in the Toyota so far for me has been 3rd place. I'm running it with an oil change, so 623pp.

Edit: P2 now, total time 6:28, 1.5 back.
well done 👍 that's what I mean (the 615/623 pp is misplaced - and right the oil change... :banghead: ), with a 6:28 time you should be able to gold if you encounter one of the easy fields.

These 700 pp LMP challenges must be in awe of of the Mada 55. Consider that using the Toyota T-one ran 6:06's all night long (2.5hrs) only to finish no better than a distant 3rd, Said forget it . Got into the Mazda & after 1 get off & 1 retry won with the Minolta snapping at my heels. Funny thing is I drew the same field I had been beating my brains out with the Toyota and my winning time was a 6:06. I don't get it but got the gold any way. side note , The Toyota was detuned to keep it from breaking loose, which allowed be to get the power down. AI just seems to let the mazda get around them but would fight the Toy all night. Perhaps the Mazda has smaller foot print that allows for easier passing?

Golded it last night, after 20 or more tries. Little advice: don't drive as you usually do on this track and stick to the Mazda LM55 until you win it, then try other cars for fun... It takes all the nervousness away.
Keep racing!
Ed

easiest win I got is with the 905B evo (vs Toyota7,Minolta and C60 in front). so much grip even with TCS@0. just dont let go of the gas pedal.

I see you did an oil change; I'm trying to figure out if you left the camber at default or if you zeroed them out. Do you remember? Thanks. The tune is working good but I haven't won with it yet; I'm hoping the camber question will solve that!

Uhm yes, haven't typed it in since I zeroed it. :)

Maybe I am just overly annoyed because I spent the better part of last weekend rebuilding my installation of GT when one track got corrupted and the fix kept failing because of ninja updates. But this event annoyed the ever loving crap out of me.

First, I don't know how a game can call itself a real driving simulator when I can run a lap that is 17 seconds faster than the current world record at the Ring, with traffic no less, and still lose a race. I pulled a 6:01.753, and lost by .2 when the Minolta bumped me on the last turn. After I had leaned on him under the bridge at 215 (and somehow neither of us crashed). So ridiculous.

And second, if there is only one thing I want out of GT7 it's that the AI will stop braking on the apex of every turn. I can understand in a beginner event (beginners don't know how to corner), but to label an event "expert" and have guys driving top level cars who come to nearly a full stop on the apex... It's ridiculous. At one point I was flying down to Bergwerk with about 20 meters between me and the Pescarolo in front. I trail brake, expecting to be on the throttle out faster than him and should be able to time it so I could blast up the inside on the way out. And the damn thing practically STOPPED on the apex. Hit him super hard. Killed my lap by the time my car stopped spinning. He should have been past the apex by 5-10 meters when I hit the apex and accelerated.

Add in the Delta Wing and Nissan 390 running a good mile to a mile and a half banging on each other and taking up the whole track meaning I had to go through the grass...

I finally ran under 6 minutes and got the win, but it was not enjoyable at all. I actually went back to Forza because of it. And when you prefer Forza's "bang bang" AI, something is terribly wrong.

Okay, I feel better now that I have vented.

That literally drives me insane when they're doing like half the proper apex speed, and park themselves right on the apex when you're cornering. It's the worst IMO on the Red Bull standard championship, the amount of times I've gone to corner and they're going stupidly slow right on the apex and I get spun out :banghead::banghead: :banghead: I really hate that!

Back