• Thread starter et_
  • 144 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Expert.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Period of Availability: 18/09/2014 - 02/10/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Racing Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.162,000
Silver: Cr.97,200
Bronze: Cr.81,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT JAPANESE 007-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Grand Valley Speedway
Track Length: 4,944.8 m
Time of day: 11:10
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 '00
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten TS030 and Zonda LM as the rabbit yet?

Apparently if you pick the TS030 there's a much higher chance of having an opponent using an TS030 in this event. It's extremely fun and satisfying chasing down another TS030.

:embarrassed:

Apparently if you pick the TS030 there's a much higher chance of having an opponent using an TS030 in this event. It's extremely fun and satisfying chasing down another TS030.

I got the ts030 as a rabbit on my first try. The gap was big when it was the last lap but I was able to beat it with the raybrig
Hsv. But how a ts030 get into this race anyway?

The Pagani Zonda R is faster when the Toyota TS030 is the Rabbit. with LMP Cars i feel overdressed

PHOTO_20140918_120853.jpg

Last edited:
Funfact. Expert races the leaders are mostly around 610-618pp
Lets do the london, scuderia 430 has much more pp then you have..

Anyway, i did my first account with the Honda HSV 010 base model, pumped up to 600pp.
Not easy but also not hard.
second account i tried the FT-1 Vision, bad choice, same speed as the leader so the gap stayed at 34seconds at every lap.
Tried the Audi R18, reduced pp to 600, and topspeed to 330kmh.Went better then with the HSV.

The leaders i had.
Zonda LM tracecar
Toyota Ts030
Mclaren F1 GT bmw
And the Corvette C06 racecar.
All around 618pp.
It was fun, no special tune needed.
I set the brakes on almost every car 7 front and 3 rear.
Topspeed around 330kmh

Only thing that bothers me, when i pass outside a corner, the ai wants to get the apex, and the Ai is like a tank, just pushes me of track like my car is just plastic.

Wow, this one was waay easier than the intermediate one. Golded it on the first attempt with the Raybrig HSV 👍:cheers: The rabbit was Corvette Z06 (C6) Got past him after the last tunnel on lap 4, but it was I kind of close fight to the finishline:tup:👍

That was a tough one. Won over the Pagani in the last lap and a half with the Raybrig HSV tuned for the last Laguna seasonal. I didn't change gearing so I was hitting the limit on the long straight.

Used one of my favorite cars for this one...the Subi Base model. Took 1st half way through the fifth lap with the Zonda in the lead...fun race. London was also a treat using the little GSX.....just watch the 1st turn :-)
Haven't seen many shenanigans by the AI drivers in this batch.

Haven't seen many shenanigans by the AI drivers in this batch.
I had one moment entering the second tunnel. This Camaro spun in front of me, lost it, got back on the track in front of me because I slowed down, then as I was overtaking him he swerved right into me. Luckily I was able to control it and left him.

Used the McLaren F1 GTR Stealth Model. Holy hell, I got annihilated! :crazy:

TS030 was the rabbit. I took 4th, trailing the leader by 45.659 seconds! :banghead:

My best lap was 1:53.558 while the TS030's was 1:50.257. It didn't even need the 35 second head start!

Ya know, I think there's something wrong with a roughly 10 minute race when 2nd place is 37 seconds back, and 3rd place is 40 seconds back. (Not that that's unusual for GT5 or GT6 seasonals, which never seem to feel much like real racing classes.)

So, I'm definitely going to try a different car (probably my Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12), but if I get the TS030 again, I really don't see how I'm gonna beat this. :(

EDIT: Wow. So, yeah, the car makes a huge difference! Tried it again with the Honda HSV—took the lead at the end of lap 4.

Rabbit this time was the SRT Viper GTS-R. Its best lap? 1:46.931. Mine? 1:46.647.

In fact, it looks like I could've beaten the TS030 with the HSV. (Though who knows how fast it would've been going, since I'm sure the AI is capable of much faster times in the TS030 than a.) what it got in my first attempt and b.) what it got with the Viper.)

Considering how artificial these races are, this level of inconsistency is rather inexcusable. If the AI is going to be nothing more than a series of moving chicanes, they could at least stand to be consistent ones. (Though I'd strongly prefer actual racing, with no AI head starts and 5 laps to win from dead last on the grid.)

Also, it shows how misleading PP can be. My McLaren technically had 3 PP more than my HSV, yet the HSV was 6.911 seconds a lap faster! Completely ridiculous. Those cars shouldn't be in the same class at all.

Last edited:
Easy win with TS030 using power limited Bhowe83's tune. Worked well on the Nurburgring seasonal earlier, works well here. Passed the rabbit, which was also a TS030, on lap 4.

Got it with TS030, with no rabbits (maybe the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car might be one). I won with SRF on because I wasn't fairly confident that I would win with it off.

First try with Castrol's Tom's Supra '99. Managed to pass the rabbit Corvette C06 racecar just after the start of the 4th lap! I love how smooth the Tom's Supra is on cornering!! Intermediate seasonal was by far a lot more difficult!

Used the Vision Toyota FT-1 was 1.3 some second behind the first place car. Wonder what other car i should use... suggestion or should i just experiment

hoo, i'll look into it tomorrow ^^ i thought the FT-1 was a good enough car it just my skill was lacking so i just retried like... 20 times
Could well be a situation like the one I was having with the McLaren F1 GTR (see above). Honestly, the PP rating of cars just isn't well "balanced" enough (calculated, really).

Could well be a situation like the one I was having with the McLaren F1 GTR (see above). Honestly, the PP rating of cars just isn't well "balanced" enough (calculated, really).
yeah usually it seems that the fastest cars in seasonal even have a 10+ pp advantage, which can be nice but also annoying. but really all i can do is just keep trying and wittle away to a better racer then i was tomorrow

VW GTI Roadster VGT detuned (94.5% power) to meet the regulations and the transmission brought down to 174mph(280kph). Just under one second ahead at the finish line.

VW GTI Roadster VGT detuned (94.5% power) to meet the regulations and the transmission brought down to 174mph(280kph). Just under one second ahead at the finish line.
oh nice job :D. was it difficult to keep it straight?

Back