A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Was struggling initially with the Panoz Esperante as it is readily in the garage.

Tried the Panoz Esperante. Pretty easy win. Car handles great with my own quick tune. I struggle with this bumpy & winding course, because it takes a toll on my mangled hand/wrist/fingers/elbows. The Esperante is one of only a few racing cars with racing Hard tires that I use 1.0 degree camber on the front and negative rear toe angle. Look for a good tune, because the Esperante should be pretty easy to win with. I would post my tune, but I would probably be laughed at for how ridiculous it is to help compensate for my limb disabilities! :(:lol::(

Esperante Ring Standings.jpg

I used @TRL_Andromeda tune for the TS030 and got a 2nd. This tune is one of the best tunes I've ever used on the Ring. I haven't driven the Ring in a long time so I made plenty of mistakes. I was 6 sec. behind the winning Zonda. I'm sure that with this tune I'll get the win in a few more tries. I can't say enough about how good @TRL_Andromeda tune is. Very good job 👍👍👍

20161215_203602.jpg
The mazda was a dream to drive great handling all stock just downed the power to get 600pp. Ps the sound of this car is stunning
20161215_205203.jpg
mercedes was another good car to drive added weight and put limiter to 50%
20161215_211254.jpg
This Toyota ahhhhh was so crap had it fully stock just put power down and had a few mistakes crashed into the AI and hit a wall lost a lot of time and not in any rush to drive that thing again...

View attachment 614293 The mazda was a dream to drive great handling all stock just downed the power to get 600pp. Ps the sound of this car is stunning View attachment 614295 mercedes was another good car to drive added weight and put limiter to 50%View attachment 614297 This Toyota ahhhhh was so crap had it fully stock just put power down and had a few mistakes crashed into the AI and hit a wall lost a lot of time and not in any rush to drive that thing again...
I am the same with you about the TS030 I am also in no rush to drive that car again, my 2 runs with this car I had trouble with the AI and making to many mistakes trying to get past them, I guess the TS030 is only good for TTs I think.

I will enjoy this seasonal, but one thing really irritates me about this event.

Why does PD make the 600 PP, Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car so slow? At 600 PP, It has a top speed of around 110 mph, and gets out-handled and easily passed by a 411 PP, 1948 Hornet with 208 horsepower!

Hornet Ring Standings.jpg
Hornet vs Challenger.jpg

I use the @TRL_Andromeda TS030 tune. Many thanks for a lovely handling car :cheers:.

I second this, such a fantastic tune, just impossibly forgiving. As is my custom these days with the races I like, I did 10 laps, shaving about 3 seconds per lap. I imagine this is close to my limit, I might be able to save another 6 seconds or so, but nothing crazy. I'm sure some of you guys could do a 6:30.

TS030%20Nur.jpg

Hey @McLarensFinest I use (AT) and this is my gearbox for the 787B '91 below, you can try it if you like if you use auto . I am happy with my gearbox at the moment, the good thing I won :).

Transmission

Max. Speed: 5.500

240kmh

1st Gear:

2nd Gear:

3rd Gear:

4th Gear:

5th Gear:

Final Gear:

My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-12-16 15-00-17.png

Hey @McLarensFinest I use (AT) and this is my gearbox for the 787B '91 below, you can try it if you like if you use auto . I am happy with my gearbox at the moment, the good thing I won :).

Transmission

Max. Speed: 5.500

240kmh

1st Gear:

2nd Gear:

3rd Gear:

4th Gear:

5th Gear:

Final Gear:

View attachment 614323
Hey hey nice time brother and thanks will give the setup ago I don't tune my cars I just jump in and hope for the best lol if it's to slow I will have the missus find or create a setup I'm what you call a dumb racer just give me a car and I drive :lol:

20161216_105353.jpg
Wanna say a massive thanks to @fordlaser777 for giving me his tune. He has made a great car great into a pure driving pleasure machine the car is a beast that grips to the road like it's on rails spot on brother and it gave me this time in one lap first lap of the day2nd lap 7.06.609 with mistakes defo csn get under 7min
20161216_112128.jpg

Last edited:
I second this, such a fantastic tune, just impossibly forgiving. As is my custom these days with the races I like, I did 10 laps, shaving about 3 seconds per lap. I imagine this is close to my limit, I might be able to save another 6 seconds or so, but nothing crazy. I'm sure some of you guys could do a 6:30.

TS030%20Nur.jpg
Have to agree the best TS030 tune I have used, crossed the finish line in 6'08 when the results board came up said 7'00, I don't understand this can anyone shed any light on this.

Have to agree the best TS030 tune I have used, crossed the finish line in 6'08 when the results board came up said 7'00, I don't understand this can anyone shed any light on this.
The time starts from when P1goes over the line I think mate ps nice time you have 👍

View attachment 614293 The mazda was a dream to drive great handling all stock just downed the power to get 600pp. Ps the sound of this car is stunning View attachment 614295 mercedes was another good car to drive added weight and put limiter to 50%View attachment 614297 This Toyota ahhhhh was so crap had it fully stock just put power down and had a few mistakes crashed into the AI and hit a wall lost a lot of time and not in any rush to drive that thing again...
Bravo to all your comments and wins!!! 100% agree.

I've got to say; the AI is strange. During my first attempt(s), using the Corvette C6 Z06 RM, my best lap rendered a 6:41 for 3rd place. I then decided to change the opposition by exit/enter. Did a sloppy 6:46 and won by 10s.

I've got to say; the AI is strange. During my first attempt(s), using the Corvette C6 Z06 RM, my best lap rendered a 6:41 for 3rd place. I then decided to change the opposition by exit/enter. Did a sloppy 6:46 and won by 10s.
The AI make mistakes as well mostly when they forget to break and T-Bone me off the track lol

Back