A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Made a minor change to TRL ANDROMEDA tune for TS030 ( transmission) managed to post a time of 6'56'200.

Spot on 4 seconds gain, thanks for the tip sir.

IMG_8760.jpg

Well, I've been running an old TS030 setup from an Apricot Hill seasonal from a couple of years ago, so I decided to see what all the fuss was about over the Andromeda strain setup. So I applied it and OMG immediately appreciated how quick it could fly through the corners! Being simple, I used a simple AT autoset of 186 mph and achieved an imperious 6:54.745 total time in my first race of the day. Oh, just to be different, I also lowered the ride height 5 points and put in 15 kg ballast slightly aft of center, and took off over 100 points from the rear wing.

How much TCS are you guys using? I used 2.

Last edited:
600pp Ford Falcon XR8 with my tune from the FITT V8 Supercar Challenge, reduced to 600pp and extended final gear, otherwise all settings are the same.
600pp Nurb (600pp Falcon).jpg
(click on image for larger size)
I know some of you guys love some challenges. Here's one for you:
Took the Alpha Romeo TZ2 for fun. Did two small mistakes, wasn't trying to push it all race long and finished second.
Finished 12 seconds behind the BMW McLaren. Downforce at maximum front and rear and adding engine parts were the only thing I did. Wasn't close enough to get some slipstream in the longest straight.

I believe that this car, with the right tune and drive by a good driver can win!
Good luck :)
1st run, fast time but just missed out.
600pp Nurb (568pp Giulia) 2.jpg

2nd run earlier today, had to told the Ford GT behind me on the straight but got the job done despite being 4 seconds slower than my first run, stupid AI parking it on the apex and all.
600pp Nurb (568pp Giulia) 1.jpg

Just had a fun run in the XJ13 '66. Surprisingly easy on the first try without much modification.

Also tried that TRL_Andromeda TS030 tune and it is just unfair. Absolutely destroys the field.

Many thanks to @TRL_Andromeda for the great tune on the TS030. It took me 6 attempts to finally win it. I didn't have my phone on so didn't get a picture for proof. I do remember that the F1 was on the pole and a GTR was 2nd. I had a 4 sec. lead on the F1 until the long straight and had to defend for the win. MOV was a mere 0.421 but a win none the less. I have to say one more time this is the best handling car I have ever driven at the Ring. So 👍👍👍👍👍 to @TRL_Andromeda once again for this most excellent tune.

Last edited:
Whitetail

I knew it, Fantastic drive, I'm impress, bravo!!

Took the TZ2 this afternoon and a Camaro driver push me on the grass in tree different races!
Was about to get mad so I took the Elise 111R race car for a fun ride and It won!!!

The Elise problem is the top speed but it's so good in cornering that I had about 10 seconds advantage before the long straight.

Thanks again, I really appreciate!

UltimateLurker

If you want another candy, take the old Z28 '69 from your garage, remove the dust and have some fun.

Oldie but goodie: GT40 '69 and Mark IV are winners and fun to drive too.

Fun fact, I have a different approach when entering Events. I take one of the slowest car to find out how slow
the AI can be when they are not push by us humans.

Took the Bluebird, at start I was alone on the track, could hear the song "All by myself" and after the caroussel, I kept the same gap from the leader till the long straight. I knew it was a matter of time till the fun begin.

The Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car maxes out at 579 PP, but don't let that deter you trying it. It will absolutely fly around Nordschleife. The RSC Rally Raid Car was probably one of, if not my favorite vehicle to drive in this game before I had a few surgeries which helped my gripping strength and dexterity , but absolutely messed up all my old, one-armed setups! :mad::lol::mad: I would love to see how fast it can go in the hands of an alien.

RSC Rally Raid Car Ring Standings.jpg
RSC Rally Raid Car Ring Car.jpg

I also tried and won with the DeltaWing 2012 Le Mans. I have absolutely no clue in coming up with a good tune on my own to get a good feel, so I'm pretty sure a good driver with a good tune can run a time in the low 7:00's.

DeltaWing 2012 Ring Standings.jpg

It's nice that some of the lineups in this seasonal have no rabbits, only a bunch of mobile chicanes. In post #44 @UltimateLurker lured a GT-R Concept LM into a 7:04.283 total time, and in post #43 @DisabledRacer despatched a Corvette C5-R which mustered only a 7:39.268. I think an AI McLaren F1 GTR could go under 7 minutes. Has anybody been able to discern a pattern or method by which these slower lineups can be reliably accessed?

In post #44 @UltimateLurker lured a GT-R Concept LM into a 7:04.283 total time...

To date I have run 12 different 6:51 times, and there were a few where the lead pylon was under 7 seconds. If one of these top guys would bother with this challenge I'm sure they would run 6:30 or better, and the lead pylon would beat my 6:51. Pretty fast pylon for sure.

As far as accessing a certain field, I just use whatever field is given to me. I will say that in the TS030 I'm guilty of bumping the lead car here and there in an effort to create a challenge, but no dice yet.

My latest fun car to try.

330%20ring.jpg

It's nice that some of the lineups in this seasonal have no rabbits, only a bunch of mobile chicanes. In post #44 @UltimateLurker lured a GT-R Concept LM into a 7:04.283 total time, and in post #43 @DisabledRacer despatched a Corvette C5-R which mustered only a 7:39.268. I think an AI McLaren F1 GTR could go under 7 minutes. Has anybody been able to discern a pattern or method by which these slower lineups can be reliably accessed?
@Dotini The one with the Zonda.

Last edited:
It took me a few attempts, but I was able to win with the Lister Storm V12 Race Car...

Going into the final corner, I muscled my way past the race leading BMW F1 GTR:

31595486782_3a16a4591c_k.jpg

And was then able to streak away to the finish line:

31742464435_3b9e8f5772_k.jpg

And won the race by 0.349 seconds:)

31626326951_f505b14450_k.jpg

Good fun!
The Storm V12 Race Car is a handful, but it can really move when going perfectly straight;) so you make up some time whenever you get moving in a straight line.
:cheers:

Last edited:
It took me a few attempts, but I was able to win with the Lister Storm V12 Race Car...

Going into the final corner, I muscled my way past the race leading BMW F1 GTR:

View attachment 615034

And was then able to streak away to the finish line:

View attachment 615035

And won the race by 0.349 seconds:)

View attachment 615036

Good fun!
The Storm V12 Race Car is a handful, but it can really move when going perfectly straight;) so you make up some time whenever you get moving in a straight line.
:cheers:
Super great job good buddy!!

To date I have run 12 different 6:51 times, and there were a few where the lead pylon was under 7 seconds. If one of these top guys would bother with this challenge I'm sure they would run 6:30 or better, and the lead pylon would beat my 6:51. Pretty fast pylon for sure.

As far as accessing a certain field, I just use whatever field is given to me. I will say that in the TS030 I'm guilty of bumping the lead car here and there in an effort to create a challenge, but no dice yet.

My latest fun car to try.

330%20ring.jpg
If this car was nice to drive i would hammer it but i hate how the car feels ahhhh lol

My best times so far. Didn't do many laps with the Peugeot so I know it can be improved. The funny thing about the TSO30Hybrid'12 is that I relate it to doing a drawing. To get a likeness on can miss a couple aspects but retain a likeness in the drawing. Put another way... As an artist, one continues on with a portrait inspite of the mistakes - make too many & you loose the likeness. I suppose what I'm saying is this; Not every pass or corner will be perfect, what matters is that you continue on inspite of them. I see racing as an art form & relate it to my profession.

IF the game had damage, we would see times that perhaps, wouldn't be so good. The fact that we can bounce off other cars or not have to worry about the marbles, make the game seem somewhat arcade like. Perhaps it's just me... Still, it's great fun!

Attachments

• 20161216_102135.jpg
    20161216_102135.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 40
  • 20161216_213306.jpg
    20161216_213306.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20161218_134233.jpg
    20161218_134233.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 40
My best times so far. Didn't do many laps with the Peugeot so I know it can be improved. The funny thing about the TSO30Hybrid'12 is that I relate it to doing a drawing. To get a likeness on can miss a couple aspects but retain a likeness in the drawing. Put another way... As an artist, one continues on with a portrait inspite of the mistakes - make too many & you loose the likeness. I suppose what I'm saying is this; Not every pass or corner will be perfect, what matters is that you continue on inspite of them. I see racing as an art form & relate it to my profession.

IF the game had damage, we would see times that perhaps, wouldn't be so good. The fact that we can bounce off other cars or not have to worry about the marbles, make the game seem somewhat arcade like. Perhaps it's just me... Still, it's great fun!
I am 100% with you on this!! I know the difference for sure. Well said @slackville!!

Try a stock Mitsu FTO Super Touring. 552 pp. That's a good time. 👍

I'd say they gave that car some love.

I tried this, albeit with a high-rpm turbo for 587pp, and scored a convincing win over the Vipers and Citroen in a total time of about 7:17.xxx on the 2nd try. I also used much more than stock downforce, so maybe that's what kept it down to a max speed of about 181 mph. On the other hand, the 4WD seemed to allow me to get away with TC 0.

Thanks for the tip!

Back