A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Dec 15, 2016.

1. GTsail

GTsail Premium

After many more attempts I was finally able to beat the Zonda LM Race Car with my Acura NSX LM Race Car:
    I ran a very fast time and received a ton of drafting help from the AI:)

31698310761_32108fd931_k.jpg

I've also made many more attempts to beat the McLaren F1 GTR with my NSX LM Race Car, but keep coming up short by a couple of seconds as seen here::(

30981364994_2dd54dd148_k.jpg

To win, I need to catch the McLaren as we get to the final straight so my NSX can draft down its length, but so far, I've been unable to make the connection.:(
    Well its back to the 'Ring for me!
    :cheers:

2. skeagracing

skeagracing

Ford GT LM Spec 11. Cockpit race. Fast lap 6:34.888. Winning margin 02.001. Pass for the win over the GT-R R35 at Brunnchen.

phineas777, Lilium, Retiree and 4 others like this.
  3. DisabledRacer

DisabledRacer

The Monster SX4 Base Model would not go over 165 MPH (Without the draft) with my setup in the long straight, and sometimes it was on two wheels, but still managed a win. Would have been an easy win if the Monster was more aerodynamically friendly for a higher top speed...

Monster SX4 Base Model Ring Standings.jpg Monster SX4 Base Model 2 Wheels Ring.jpg

4. Retiree

Retiree

Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you and your families embrace the festive spirit and have an awesome time and then we'll come back and do it again.:cheers:

5. skeagracing

skeagracing

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

phineas777, Retiree, Wolf68 and 4 others like this.
  6. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

Indeed, merry Christmas to you all, may Santa bring everyone full Fanatec set ups! :D

phineas777, Retiree, Wolf68 and 7 others like this.
  7. McLarensFinest

McLarensFinest

Merry Christmas to all for 2moro people hope you and the family all have a great day. I know there still will be a few of you hardcore racers still on the playstation haha have a good one people from the McLaren family

phineas777, Retiree, Wolf68 and 6 others like this.
  8. TripleE63

TripleE63

Merry Christmas to you all! May the holidays be a time of peace and joy for all. :)
    :cheers::cheers::cheers:

9. Wolf68

Wolf68

:)Merry Christmas everyone!!:)

!!:cheers:!!

10. BenMillard

BenMillard

This. Rolling roadblocks, they all slow as you approach. Bypass the unnatural gameplay creative choice. 2 wheels inside white lines and no contact if possible.

Always clean overtake the leader. That's the only car you are really racing in these 1 lap magic handicap start format.

Ferrari 330 p4 is a blast here. @shaunm80 tune with longer final drive for 315km/h no draft. :tup: Win on 2nd run against McLaren F1 rabbit.

11. skeagracing

skeagracing

Yes to all.:gtpflag:

TripleE63, Retiree and BenMillard like this.
  12. TRL_Andromeda

TRL_Andromeda (Banned)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  13. coryclifford

coryclifford

Holy moly. Nice.

Merry Christmas everyone.

14. MSZ

MSZ

The Honda HSV is amazing.

[​IMG]

Wolf68, TripleE63 and Retiree like this.
  15. purpdino

purpdino

Yes, quite easy in the HSV. It handles really well.

TripleE63 and Wolf68 like this.
  16. Retiree

Retiree

I can confirm also the Andromeda tune is fast, I can confirm as well that it's 30 seconds slower in my hands than his. After 6 false starts because the Calsonic Nissan was a :censored: I decided it was beer time. Because it has been raining the Missus had hung some clothes (presents) under the house. While the cars were rolling to the start I ran to the fridge grabbed a beer and on the way back took a short cut through the clothes and came to a dead stop choking.
    My lovely wife had hidden a bra among the shirts and I ended up with a strap wrapped around my neck and my face buried in a sizeable cup wondering what the hell had me. This game keeps coming up with new stuff.:D

17. Wolf68

Wolf68

image.jpg image.jpg Ok, so @speedster79 has been trying to help me figure out which time everyone is talking about: lap time versus total time. But I see from TRL_andromeda's post that total time of under 7 min is possible, so what I have learned is that I need to drive faster...

Retiree, phineas777, Jeje6410 and 2 others like this.
  18. TripleE63

TripleE63

Don't we all @Wolf68 , don't we all! :):cheers:

19. skeagracing

skeagracing

Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car Cockpit race on replay view. Fast lap 6:41.058. Pass for the win over the SRT VIPER GTS-R at Stefan-Bellog-S Corner. Winning margin 01.981.

20. Ian JB

Ian JB

Hope you all had a super duper time over Christmas. Fully recovered after the dreaded " lurgy " now - Phew!

6.49.xx and I can still only manage second place on this infernal track!!!! Grrrrrrrrr. :-)

Regards.

Ian.

Retiree and TripleE63 like this.
  21. MSZ

MSZ

Just a few seconds away from gold, keep trying man. If no other cars can get it done, try TS030.

Wolf68 and TripleE63 like this.
  22. DisabledRacer

DisabledRacer

Here is a surprise winning car against a slow field...... The 539 PP, Nissan 240RS '85. My driving wasn't the best, and my tune was put together in a few minutes.... So the potential for going faster than what I achieved should be somewhat easily attained with a good tune and a clean run.

Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85 Standings Scaled.jpg Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85 Car.jpg

MoparGTS, Dotini, phineas777 and 6 others like this.
  23. Retiree

Retiree

Yeehahh I'm surrounded!! Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpg

24. tmtk

tmtk

Wow, I like this car a lot.
    Never thought it could be done...
    Can you share your tune?

Polsixe likes this.
  25. skeagracing

skeagracing

Ferrari 330 P4 1967. Cockpit race on race view. Fast lap 6:34.967. Winning margin 00.701. Pass for the win at Galgenkopf corner over the Nissan GT-R R35.

26. Dotini

Dotini Premium

I notice your time is similar to that of your Ford GT LM Spec II. Best Ford versus best Ferrari, just like in the old days with no seat belts. But in 1967 sports cars struggled to break 9 minutes! Your overhead shot should be banned for so naughtily depicting dangerous activity.

phineas777, TripleE63 and skeagracing like this.
  27. skeagracing

skeagracing

@Dotini
    I had not noticed the similar lap times but like you said just like in the good old days of the Ferrari/Ford battles of the mid 1960. No seat belts and almost zero protection for the driver as I started racing in 1967 and lived through my share of bad endings for other drivers as there was not much attention for driver safety by the teams or sanctioning bodies.

phineas777, Dotini and TripleE63 like this.
  28. Polsixe

Polsixe

The old track was a different config than anything in game, but you can get closest equal laps using the VLN V track. In 1966 Phil Hill in the 2D qualified in a 8:35, Mike Parkes in the 330P did 8:31. A Ford GT-40 managed a 9:07. Those are 550-600 PP cars.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  29. skeagracing

skeagracing

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3. Cockpit race on replay view. Super clean race. Fast lap 6:49.001. Pass for the win over the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 at Schwalbenschwanz. Winning margin 01.009.

30. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I tried this car and couldn't get a win. Managed to get close, but not quite close enough!