A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Dec 15, 2016.

1. purpdino

purpdino

Tried this tune last night, but couldn't hit the same HP, or torque. I also found the top speed was only 258km/h, which really hurt me on the long straight.

Did I screw something up on the set up?

Wolf68 and Jeje6410 like this.
  2. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Hi @purpdino I don't know if you have forget something. Only 258 km/h ???? Hum weird! !!!

Retiree likes this.
  3. UltimateLurker

UltimateLurker

I always thought they were baiting me to wreck because it only seems to happen when I'm coming up on them.

4. coryclifford

coryclifford

That or it's PD trying to replicate real people that can't drive. Akin to Quick Matches.

Lilium, Retiree, GTsail290 and 3 others like this.
  5. davidt33

davidt33

Yup. This is a great Chapparal 2J '70 tune for the Nurb @Dotini .
    Just now got a chance to try it for Gold. Very zippy, excellent top speed and handling. This is a keeper. Cheers.

6. sync

sync

Stock Nomad Diablo
    Controller dualshock
    Good handling, lots of fun!!!

IMG_0597.JPG

7. purpdino

purpdino

Just re-checked...I don't see what I have entered wrong.

My car turns out to be 600PP/362HP/270lb max torque.

Regardless of the difference in top speed, I should hit the same HP and torque specs.

Retiree and Jeje6410 like this.
  8. Retiree

Retiree

Well I didn't win but had the best run with Jeje's BMW Vision. Came second by 9 seconds but did a 7.03.094 first lap and only lap, be back tomorrow, this thing is unreal. If you want to have a real race have a go at this, I enjoyed it much more than than the others I have won with. This thing sticks like glue.:cheers::gtpflag:

9. McLarensFinest

McLarensFinest

Haha now thats a great car brother. Sorry i dont have any tunes iv only been play8ng this game a couple months and i dont rune just race until someone send me one lol

Retiree likes this.
  10. Retiree

Retiree

Psychology my man, they try to suck you into the same predicament.:D

GTsail290, TripleE63 and skeagracing like this.
  11. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Thanks a lot my dear friend @Retiree :cheers:
    I have not tried this BMW on this race. But reading your comments makes me happy. I'm really glad you enjoyed this car and I thank you very much. Thanks again my dear friend :cheers: :cheers:

12. skeagracing

skeagracing

Ford GT LM Race Car. Cockpit race on replay view. Fast lap 6:41.283. Pass for the win over the Citroen at Galgenkopf Corner.Winning margin 00.888.

13. TripleE63

TripleE63

Nicely done, in true @skeagracing fashion. :cheers:

14. skeagracing

skeagracing

@TripleE63
    Thank you for the kind words. I did it on the first try and was surprised and humbled by the win. This GT6 Forum has evolved into a great supportive racing community were we learn from each other and get the help and encouragement to make a winner of all who participate in these Seasonal. I learn something new every day when I read the post from all of you.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    BenMillard, Wolf68, MoparGTS and 8 others like this.
  15. coryclifford

coryclifford

@sync
    Just barely squeaked by your time. Good car for sure. Ran it stock, too. Different field, though…

image.jpeg

16. age pi

age pi

I have been reading these threads for roughly three months and it helped me a lot as a Newbie in GT6. Now finally it is time that I think I can help others: I won this Race pretty easily with an Audi R18 and praiano's tune for it. Just to give you an alternative to the TS030 and Zytek.
    My next attempt will be the Amemiya Asparadrink RX7. Much faster than the R18 concerning Top Speed but tricky concerning Handling. Already had two promising Laps yet both ended in the Green.

davidt33, GTsail290, Dotini and 3 others like this.
  17. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I think this Peugeot 905B EVO 1 Bis LM '92 with no mistakes trying to get past the AI, you would easily get under 7 minutes in this car.
    My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-12-22 11-30-49.png

18. coryclifford

coryclifford

Just won in the 523 pp Calibra Touring Car '94 :tup:

image.jpeg

BenMillard, Lilium, MoparGTS and 6 others like this.
  19. sync

sync

Wasn't expecting much from that car, I was so wrong!

IMG_0600.JPG

Too easy, I had time to answer the phone "Hi, I'm into something, I'll call you later"
    IMG_0601.JPG

Wow, just wow!
    IMG_0602.JPG

BenMillard, Wolf68, MoparGTS and 5 others like this.
  20. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

I find that for an expert race we can win easily. But especially that it is a great pleasure to drive on this circuit. What's also fun is that we can only win with a single car. But with loads of different cars. It's cool :gtpflag:

Dietrich, MoparGTS, TripleE63 and 4 others like this.
  21. Retiree

Retiree

@purpdino I checked that out today and had the same. It's the final drive being too high and the car not changing to sixth gear. Shorten it up and you'll fix it. 3.000 is too low so I think in my last run I used about 2.850.:cheers:

I did a Cory Clifford again with the Calibra, ended up second in 7.43 because I was chasing the Corvette right to the last 3 corners but got a bit exited and had a chat to the fence. Didn't cost me much but.
    It's pretty amazing though the amount of cars you can run stock and still have a good go in this race and I spent all afternoon on it.:)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  22. coryclifford

coryclifford

Lilium, Dietrich, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  23. purpdino

purpdino

Thanks for checking for me -- I will tweak and re-try.

24. GTsail

GTsail Premium

Its a challenge, but I've been able to beat the Ford GT LM Race Car with a fully tuned Acura NSX LM Race Car '91:

The NSX LM Race Car fly's thru all of the Nurburgring corners, but its down on power so you really have to hustle to catch the race leading rabbits.:nervous:

31802350095_6ae2c1e675_k.jpg

I've also attempted to catch both the Zonda LM Race Car and the GTR Concept LM Race Car, but have come up short by a couple of seconds.:(
    Must give it a few more attempts:banghead:
    :cheers:

25. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Dietrich, TripleE63, Retiree and 2 others like this.
  26. Dotini

Dotini Premium

This morning I've had winning runs with these:
    Nissan GT-R 500 Base '08, 7:14.665, Hami tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
    Nissan GT-R 500 Stealth '08, 7:15.258, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
    Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car, 7:11.889, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 0
    Peugeot 905B, 7:03.xxx, modified Priano tune, autoset 193, -150 from rear wing, TC 1

These cars are all very stable, balanced, forgiving and fun, fun fun. Not to mention easy wins. But all these transmission settings and setups were less than ideal, as were all the runs, but do provide some rough indication of relative quickness.

Now I'm back to playing with my 2J and a whole new setup. Promising, but no cigar yet.:D

BenMillard, Wolf68, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  27. skeagracing

skeagracing

Great body of race work here!!

Wolf68, TripleE63, Retiree and 2 others like this.
  28. phineas777

phineas777

So, thought I'd give another GT300 car a go here considering the success with the RX7.

A very very nice ride the Celica. Handling isn't perfect but that is more of a reflection of my tweaking capabilities than the car itself. It can go faster.

IMG_6459.JPG

GT300 cars are fantastic to drive on the Ring :D

29. Retiree

Retiree

Yeah mate, I was reading that last night and was going to have a go today but my bro-inlaw decided to come around for some xmas drinks. He's a big dude who has two to my one but I still had a glow up and didn't make it.:cheers:

I had a run in the Peugeot 905 in which I'd already won days ago but after thinking I was doing alright I ended up 3rd in 7.43. Think it was that bloody cop who pulled me up and put me on the bag halfway down the straight. :D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    GTsail290, Wolf68, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  30. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

Yes I think :lol: :lol:

Wolf68, TripleE63 and Retiree like this.