A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
Tried this tune last night, but couldn't hit the same HP, or torque. I also found the top speed was only 258km/h, which really hurt me on the long straight.

Did I screw something up on the set up?

Hi @purpdino I don't know if you have forget something. Only 258 km/h ???? Hum weird! !!!

If anyone is interested, I am going to offer my setup of the Chaparral 2J, '70.

IMO, the 2J has great potential, but there are setups out there that are all over the map on what I consider to be its most important setting: weight distribution. You can find anything from 52:48 to 45:55 in the 2J setups available on our databases. After both A-Spec and B-Spec testing, I find the Priano setup of 2013 and the Otaliema setup of 11/21/14 to be most relevant in getting the best efficiency from all four tires. My setup combines elements of both together with my own idiosyncratic (and possibly errant) twists. There are probably several settings which are mistakes, but it got 68 year-old me under 7:00 total time easier than any other setup I tried.

This is for wheel users. Feedback gratefully accepted.

Chaparral 2J, '70
Nurburgring 600pp

No chassis reinforcement

Height 65 55
Spring 10.75 14.80
Comp 6 6
Ext 5 3
ARB 4 6
Cam 0.0 0.0
Toe 0.0 -0.16

Brakes 4 6

Transmission
Set to default
Autoset 211
Adjust 3rd slightly to .670 for even higher top speed

LSD 5 / 8 / 5

Power limiter 79.2%

Ballast 199 @ 15 for 45:55 weight distribution

Edit:
I'm now even quicker with low-rpm turbo and adjusting PL to 68.3%
6:58.745 total time with plenty more to come.

Yup. This is a great Chapparal 2J '70 tune for the Nurb @Dotini .
Just now got a chance to try it for Gold. Very zippy, excellent top speed and handling. This is a keeper. Cheers.

Stock Nomad Diablo
Controller dualshock
Good handling, lots of fun!!!

IMG_0597.JPG

Well I didn't win but had the best run with Jeje's BMW Vision. Came second by 9 seconds but did a 7.03.094 first lap and only lap, be back tomorrow, this thing is unreal. If you want to have a real race have a go at this, I enjoyed it much more than than the others I have won with. This thing sticks like glue.:cheers::gtpflag:

Does anybody have any thoughts about why sometimes the AI forgets to brake for a corner?

During this Seasonal, I sometimes see one of the AI cars completely miss their braking points and drive off into the weeds. For example the Viper:

Here is the Viper approaching the corner at 132mph and apparently has decided not to brake:
View attachment 615254

The Viper has come off the throttle but hasn't made up its mind to brake yet:
View attachment 615255
A little further along so the Viper has decided to use one-half pressure on the brakes because it should be easy to get thru the corner at 120mph:dunce:
View attachment 615256

Finally, the Viper decides to go full-hard on the brakes:
View attachment 615257

The Viper is still going 73mph and there's very little track left:nervous:
View attachment 615258
Yup! Bumper say hello to the armco!
A little air-action for the Viper's tail-end:)
View attachment 615259

See you on the track!
:cheers:
Psychology my man, they try to suck you into the same predicament.:D

Well I didn't win but had the best run with Jeje's BMW Vision. Came second by 9 seconds but did a 7.03.094 first lap and only lap, be back tomorrow, this thing is unreal. If you want to have a real race have a go at this, I enjoyed it much more than than the others I have won with. This thing sticks like glue.:cheers::gtpflag:

Thanks a lot my dear friend @Retiree :cheers:
I have not tried this BMW on this race. But reading your comments makes me happy. I'm really glad you enjoyed this car and I thank you very much. Thanks again my dear friend :cheers: :cheers:

@TripleE63
Thank you for the kind words. I did it on the first try and was surprised and humbled by the win. This GT6 Forum has evolved into a great supportive racing community were we learn from each other and get the help and encouragement to make a winner of all who participate in these Seasonal. I learn something new every day when I read the post from all of you.

Last edited:
I have been reading these threads for roughly three months and it helped me a lot as a Newbie in GT6. Now finally it is time that I think I can help others: I won this Race pretty easily with an Audi R18 and praiano's tune for it. Just to give you an alternative to the TS030 and Zytek.
My next attempt will be the Amemiya Asparadrink RX7. Much faster than the R18 concerning Top Speed but tricky concerning Handling. Already had two promising Laps yet both ended in the Green.

Just re-checked...I don't see what I have entered wrong.

My car turns out to be 600PP/362HP/270lb max torque.

Regardless of the difference in top speed, I should hit the same HP and torque specs.
@purpdino I checked that out today and had the same. It's the final drive being too high and the car not changing to sixth gear. Shorten it up and you'll fix it. 3.000 is too low so I think in my last run I used about 2.850.:cheers:

I did a Cory Clifford again with the Calibra, ended up second in 7.43 because I was chasing the Corvette right to the last 3 corners but got a bit exited and had a chat to the fence. Didn't cost me much but.
It's pretty amazing though the amount of cars you can run stock and still have a good go in this race and I spent all afternoon on it.:)

Last edited:
@purpdino I checked that out today and had the same. It's the final drive being too high and the car not changing to sixth gear. Shorten it up and you'll fix it. 3.000 is too low so I think in my last run I used about 2.850.:cheers:

I did a Cory Clifford again with the Calibra, ended up second in 7.43 because I was chasing the Corvette right to the last 3 corners but got a bit exited and had a chat to the fence. Didn't cost me much but.
It's pretty amazing though the amount of cars you can run stock and still have a good go in this race and I spent all afternoon on it.:)

Thanks for checking for me -- I will tweak and re-try.

Its a challenge, but I've been able to beat the Ford GT LM Race Car with a fully tuned Acura NSX LM Race Car '91:

The NSX LM Race Car fly's thru all of the Nurburgring corners, but its down on power so you really have to hustle to catch the race leading rabbits.:nervous:

31802350095_6ae2c1e675_k.jpg

I've also attempted to catch both the Zonda LM Race Car and the GTR Concept LM Race Car, but have come up short by a couple of seconds.:(
Must give it a few more attempts:banghead:
:cheers:

Last edited:
This morning I've had winning runs with these:
Nissan GT-R 500 Base '08, 7:14.665, Hami tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
Nissan GT-R 500 Stealth '08, 7:15.258, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car, 7:11.889, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 0
Peugeot 905B, 7:03.xxx, modified Priano tune, autoset 193, -150 from rear wing, TC 1

These cars are all very stable, balanced, forgiving and fun, fun fun. Not to mention easy wins. But all these transmission settings and setups were less than ideal, as were all the runs, but do provide some rough indication of relative quickness.

Now I'm back to playing with my 2J and a whole new setup. Promising, but no cigar yet.:D

Last edited:
This morning I've had winning runs with these:
Nissan GT-R 500 Base '08, 7:14.665, Hami tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
Nissan GT-R 500 Stealth '08, 7:15.258, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 2
Mitsubishi FTO Touring Car, 7:11.889, Priano tune, autoset 193, -100 from rear wing, TC 0
Peugeot 905B, 7:03.xxx, modified Priano tune, autoset 193, -150 from rear wing, TC 1

These cars are all very stable, balanced, forgiving and fun, fun fun. Not to mention easy wins. But all these transmission settings and setups were less than ideal, as were all the runs, but do provide some rough indication of relative quickness.

Now I'm back to playing with my 2J and a whole new setup. Promising, but no cigar yet.:D
Great body of race work here!!

@Retiree and anyone else, check out this thread if you're interested in keeping cars stock:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...8-450pp-550pp-600pp-rc-12-15-to-01-12.352131/

Yeah mate, I was reading that last night and was going to have a go today but my bro-inlaw decided to come around for some xmas drinks. He's a big dude who has two to my one but I still had a glow up and didn't make it.:cheers:

I had a run in the Peugeot 905 in which I'd already won days ago but after thinking I was doing alright I ended up 3rd in 7.43. Think it was that bloody cop who pulled me up and put me on the bag halfway down the straight. :D

Last edited:
Back