A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 216 comments
IF the game had damage, we would see times that perhaps, wouldn't be so good. The fact that we can bounce off other cars or not have to worry about the marbles, make the game seem somewhat arcade like. Perhaps it's just me... Still, it's great fun!

100% agree. Then again, it's a game, not real life.

Good enough run. Time to try the 2J now.

1. You can do much better than that, I'm betting 6:38.
2. I tried the 2J, ran a 6:55 and hated every second of it. 1 finish in 13 starts. Not trying that again.

If anyone is interested, I am going to offer my setup of the Chaparral 2J, '70.

IMO, the 2J has great potential, but there are setups out there that are all over the map on what I consider to be its most important setting: weight distribution. You can find anything from 52:48 to 45:55 in the 2J setups available on our databases. After both A-Spec and B-Spec testing, I find the Priano setup of 2013 and the Otaliema setup of 11/21/14 to be most relevant in getting the best efficiency from all four tires. My setup combines elements of both together with my own idiosyncratic (and possibly errant) twists. There are probably several settings which are mistakes, but it got 68 year-old me under 7:00 total time easier than any other setup I tried.

This is for wheel users. Feedback gratefully accepted.

Chaparral 2J, '70
Nurburgring 600pp

No chassis reinforcement

Height 65 55
Spring 10.75 14.80
Comp 6 6
Ext 5 3
ARB 4 6
Cam 0.0 0.0
Toe 0.0 -0.16

Brakes 4 6

Transmission
Set to default
Autoset 211
Adjust 3rd slightly to .670 for even higher top speed

LSD 5 / 8 / 5

Power limiter 79.2%

Ballast 199 @ 15 for 45:55 weight distribution

Edit:
I'm now even quicker with low-rpm turbo and adjusting PL to 68.3%
6:58.745 total time with plenty more to come.

Last edited:
You can try this McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95 if you want. Adjust the final gear. :cheers:

Forgive me, I only did 1 lap in this car, it felt way too heavy for my liking. It's a nice tune though :).

McLaren.jpg

If anyone is interested, I am going to offer my setup of the Chaparral 2J, '70.

IMO, the 2J has great potential, but there are setups out there that are all over the map on what I consider to be its most important setting: weight distribution. You can find anything from 52:48 to 45:55 in the 2J setups available on our databases. After both A-Spec and B-Spec testing, I find the Priano setup of 2013 and the Otaliema setup of 11/21/14 to be most relevant in getting the best efficiency from all four tires. My setup combines elements of both together with my own idiosyncratic (and possibly errant) twists. There are probably several settings which are mistakes, but it got 68 year-old me under 7:00 total time easier than any other setup I tried.

This is for wheel users. Feedback gratefully accepted.

Chaparral 2J, '70
Nurburgring 600pp

No chassis reinforcement

Height 65 55
Spring 10.75 14.80
Comp 6 6
Ext 5 3
ARB 4 6
Cam 0.0 0.0
Toe 0.0 -0.16

Brakes 4 6

Transmission
Set to default
Autoset 211
Adjust 3rd slightly to .670 for even higher top speed

LSD 5 / 8 / 5

Power limiter 79.2%

Ballast 199 @ 15 for 45:55 weight distribution

Edit:
I'm now even quicker with low-rpm turbo and adjusting PL to 68.3%
6:58.745 total time with plenty more to come.

I'll give this a shot in the next 1-2 days as already logged off. Cheers.

image.jpg

My second run with the correct car and tune...lol
image.jpg

So my mess up from this morning, I was so excited to try out @TRL-_andromeda's tune that I jumped on the game and just went to tuning up my car. Looked at the finish board and realized I was still in my 787B. Still his set up translated very well to this car!!

Just took the Alpine VGT for a spin with no modifications other than the power limiter. Great car for this race, with the exception of the long straight as it topped out around 288km/h.

Question: What would you do if you encountered what is pictured below, if you were only interested in seeing how how fast you could post a time with a particular car.

A) Restart the race.
B) Exit the race and find another field. (AI has a history of doing the same thing if you restart race)
C) Punt the AI and/or force your way through.
D) Cleanly pass the AI knowing you will lose time.

What Would You Do.jpg

Question: What would you do if you encountered what is pictured below, if you were only interested in seeing how how fast you could post a time with a particular car.

A) Restart the race.
B) Exit the race and find another field. (AI has a history of doing the same thing if you restart race)

View attachment 615198
B for me.

Ive lapped 7:02.++ and just managed 2nd place.. Been on this event all morning and haven't been able to beat it. Relatively new to playing with the wheel but it's still no excuse.

HELP. Lol.

Anyone got a proper Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car for this event? Or any car that allows the use of the H Shifter on the G27.

Thanks.

(edit: found it.. Lol. Will give it a go later.)

Last edited:

A) Restart the race.

View attachment 615198

Hmmm, not to sure how clean D would be based on that scramble there, so A....

A) Restart the race.

View attachment 615198

E) Overtake them on the side and laugh.

A) Restart the race.

View attachment 615198
D for me as I love any clean passing challenge as time is not my thing. There are many here faster than me for sure.

Last edited:

A) Restart the race.

View attachment 615198
Patience, young grasshopper. Your chance will come.

Didn't quite get into the leading pack with the WSR but had a great time driving it :D

At 551 PP (max), it is a bit under-powered. Hit top speed on the bulk of the final straight at about 150mph.

IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6416.JPG

Gold in this car is beyond my capabilities but fast guys should be able to do the job.

👍

EDIT: Tune I used was by RindtJochen

Last edited:

A) Restart the race.

View attachment 615198

Go airborne and pass the field:D:

View attachment 542821 View attachment 542820 View attachment 542818

These pictures are from @Stephen Vann 's "STORAGETRUNKS" racing series.👍

Does anybody have any thoughts about why sometimes the AI forgets to brake for a corner?

During this Seasonal, I sometimes see one of the AI cars completely miss their braking points and drive off into the weeds. For example the Viper:

Here is the Viper approaching the corner at 132mph and apparently has decided not to brake:
30912006644_9fbb5c9654_k.jpg

The Viper has come off the throttle but hasn't made up its mind to brake yet:
31637536851_56f997bc33_k.jpg

A little further along so the Viper has decided to use one-half pressure on the brakes because it should be easy to get thru the corner at 120mph:dunce:
31606843942_2fc38fa9bf_k.jpg

Finally, the Viper decides to go full-hard on the brakes:
31381238630_f6af4092db_k.jpg

The Viper is still going 73mph and there's very little track left:nervous:
31381252320_d617813be4_k.jpg

Yup! Bumper say hello to the armco!
A little air-action for the Viper's tail-end:)
31381258550_d0a2f32824_k.jpg

See you on the track!
:cheers:

Back