A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 183 comments
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. But it seems with some of these events that we have completely different races depending upon which rabbit the game randomly chooses. In this case, it seems like the TS030 version of this race is much harder than the Oreca Viper version. Personally, I'm not sure that that makes a lot of sense from a game design perspective.

There isn't a good racing series in the world where you don't have any idea whether you're going to be competing against a GTS-class car or a LM prototype. PP should address that, but it clearly doesn't work as a way to quantify the performance capabilities of cars. Given that, it seems like Polyphony needs to set up the races quite deliberately so that we, the players, know what to expect. Do I need to bring something capable of beating a Viper or a prototype?

I don't know—I just feel like I got off easy simply because I happened to be put up against that Viper rather than the TS030. The AI adapting their driving, I get. But the unpredictable field? That seems like it's something else altogether.

Take last week's Ferrari event at Ascari. The Enzo was the rabbit every time. How fast the Enzo drove might change somewhat depending on your skill, but you always knew what you were up against. I don't know why all the "races" aren't like that. Changing up the cars is fine, in principle, but the potential top cars all need to have similar performance to one another.

Super nice post!! I agree!!

If I go in and find that I'm ridiculously under matched, I'll play it out and then exit and re-enter. No big deal.
I LIKE the fact that it's not the same race every time. I can play with a lot more variety in my stable and still have it be competitive.
I'm envious if you can enjoy it. Personally, I feel like the game expects me to take first in every one of the events I play. Given that, I don't like basically not knowing what class I'm going to be racing in. I don't like wasting my time exiting and restarting if I bring a GT3 car to a GT1 race (or vice-versa, really). If the race regulations were set up well, we wouldn't have to guess.
It's certainly better than the drunken Enzo from the last Expert seasonal.
Well, the AI still drive badly in this event, too. :) I got punted by 5th or 6th place (I can't remember) on lap 2 of my first attempt.

Speaking of GT6 oddities: you won with those times and I won the same event with a total time of 10:43.366 and a best lap of 1:59.930. That's a massive difference! Either the AI adjusted to my inferior driving (which, theoretically, is good, though it's not asking me to push myself) or the driving necessary to win this event is completely unpredictable. Either way, it's certainly not a time trail masquerading as a race, even though it feels that way, given its artificiality.

I got the Team Oreca Viper as my "rabbit" and it was a cakewalk by comparison.
I have noticed that the AI cars have behaved more aggressively after I have had a couple of wins, or is it just my perception?
I ran the intermediate level in my Ferrari Dino this morning and both the other Ferraris had a go! :odd:

Used the TS030 for this event. Beat it the first try. Rabbit was the Zonda LM Race Car. Total time was 10:21.471 with 54 second laps. Plenty of time to shave off by putting the pedal down instead of cruising. This car is a blast to drive.

I just used the tune you were on about and I got gold very easily on my first attempt. Best lap time of 1.52.xxx. A nice drive the TS030. very smooth on the steering and loads of grip to drive out of the corners with no wheel spin.

Tune is here
Can i ask what you changed at your tune to get the 600pp?
Never mind, i just found your post here

I have noticed that the AI cars have behaved more aggressively after I have had a couple of wins, or is it just my perception?
I ran the intermediate level in my Ferrari Dino this morning and both the other Ferraris had a go! :odd:

With me the reason was that i got faster on the track every time i did that race again.
The faster you go around the track, the ai adapts much faster to your speed and needs the same raceline like you and tries to push you away.

What frustrates me is that the AI has weight like a tank.
When i push myself in front of a AI, the AI keeps his line and pushes me aside like i'm not there.
And that keeps me from pulling faster out of a corner, i hold back to get free space and that slows me down again.(And i can't push the AI away because then i get a 2 or 5 seconds penalty:banghead:)

Last edited:
I'm envious if you can enjoy it. Personally, I feel like the game expects me to take first in every one of the events I play. Given that, I don't like basically not knowing what class I'm going to be racing in. I don't like wasting my time exiting and restarting if I bring a GT3 car to a GT1 race (or vice-versa, really). If the race regulations were set up well, we wouldn't have to guess.

Well, the AI still drive badly in this event, too. :) I got punted by 5th or 6th place (I can't remember) on lap 2 of my first attempt.

I did not even know that you could recycle lineups to get the easy win until someone on this forum accused me of reclining lineup “deliberately to get the easy win”. Why on earth would I want to run against a lineup that is not the fastest in the game? Where is the “expert challenge” in that? I think they should have only one lineup in the expert challenge and that should be the fastest, period!

I did not even know that you could recycle lineups to get the easy win until someone on this forum accused me of reclining lineup “deliberately to get the easy win”. Why on earth would I want to run against a lineup that is not the fastest in the game? Where is the “expert challenge” in that? I think they should have only one lineup in the expert challenge and that should be the fastest, period!
I don't think variety's necessarily bad, as long as the variety all comes from equally fast cars. Swapping the '89 MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V for the '89 Sauber Mercedes C9 is certainly no big deal, IMO. But swapping one of those late '80s Group C-class cars for, I dunno, an early '00s GTS-class car would be crazy. (Though that would be obvious even from the PP alone, so it's not a great example. But you get the idea.)

And it's not like Polyphony can't take a lineup and have it run on their systems first to see what kind of lap times the cars get! They have to know the '00 Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 is a lot slower than the '12 Toyota TS030, as in this case. They're not completely beholden to whatever the PP ratings of the cars are.

2nd place with the ford GT40 Race Car 69' , pretty damn hard to stay on the road with this machine...
After a 3rd try i manage to get nice constant times focusing on smooth driving.
  • 1lap - 2:00.624 ( position 8 ) GTR @ -38.032 at 1st sector
  • 2lap - 1:59.582 ( position 5 ) GTR @ -34.494
  • 3lap - 1:59.513 ( position 4 ) GTR @ -24.801
  • 4lap - 1:59.324 ( position 3 ) GTR @ -16.415
  • 5lap - 1:59.023 ( position 2 ) GTR @ -11.328

1st car was the Nissan GT-R Concept LM who keep +10 sec on me ont the last lap despite the fact than i set my fastest lap here ...
it feel so Boring with this AI !! 🤬

This track is a pleasure to drive in the TS030 and Ford GT LM Spec II. Easy wins in those but I'm really struggling to find cars under 600pp that are capable of catching the rabbits.

Any suggestions? Ideally without having to add upgrades. I'm not very clued up on the race cars and they're expensive mistakes choosing the wrong ones.

The TS030 with the cockpit view will be a challenge :lol:

Only did one race last night and it may end up being my favorite of the seasonals so far.

I used the 67' Ferrari 330 P4 @ 590pp, ABS1 only.

Had a good fast first lap and then cautiously worked threw traffic the next two, noticed the TS030 was running a good pace so, I speed up some on the last two laps.
Caught the leader coming out of Stowe and passed to the inside coming into Vale, clean and fun race. I am not sure what other lineups are offered but this one was perfect for the 330 @ 590pp with max downforce, just fast enough to make a fun race.

Lap times.
1. 1:54.898
2. 1:55.765
3. 1:55.304
4. 1:54.385
5. 1:54.006

View attachment 255371

I also ran one race last night, first race loaded and first run on my 330 P4 '67 @598PP ABS1 only.. really love the track and the car. i did ran slow but I guess I was just lucky... damn expensive should start paying for itself haha!
P330 win.jpg

Can i ask what you changed at your tune to get the 600pp?
Never mind, i just found your post here

With me the reason was that i got faster on the track every time i did that race again.
The faster you go around the track, the ai adapts much faster to your speed and needs the same raceline like you and tries to push you away.

What frustrates me is that the AI has weight like a tank.
When i push myself in front of a AI, the AI keeps his line and pushes me aside like i'm not there.
And that keeps me from pulling faster out of a corner, i hold back to get free space and that slows me down again.(And i can't push the AI away because then i get a 2 or 5 seconds penalty:banghead:)
And they like waving about in front of you as they brake just that bit too hard going into corners as you try and go round them, frustrating but ultimately improves your driving as you adapt to deal with them. I think PD have been listening to us all moaning about it getting a bit boring, if they have I'm pleased as it's much more fun recently!👍

Used the TS030 for this event. Beat it the first try. Rabbit was the Zonda LM Race Car. Total time was 10:21.471 with 54 second laps. Plenty of time to shave off by putting the pedal down instead of cruising. This car is a blast to drive.
I had a go on this last night and the " RABBIT" was "Bugs Bunny " :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry guys just couldn't help myself :)

:cheers:

My first attempt was with the Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak version de-tuned to 600pp... got the gold but was looking pretty iffy at times due to the stock settings I used. Did make it interesting I must say :lol:.

Cheers

No, had a go earlier, need to get my tune right though as I'm struggling to keep on track. Tune directory time I think 💡
The rabbit i had was the Mclaren F1. I didn't have any problems winning it three times. Tomorrow when i pull the 330 out of the garage, may be a different story. I don't drive that one too much. I'm probably the only one on here who hasn't got gold in the last two Senna events. :/ ooops, different thread...

Used team oreca viper. All I did was decrease downforce a tad nothing else needed. Fastest was team oreca viper lol. On a side note I have noticed PD made AI able to drive the viper cause in GT5 they would be getting last place.

I chose to go with my TS030, like apparently many others did. Had it ready at 600PP with suspension and LSD tuning from @praiano63 's tune.

Whent up against another TS030 which gave a nice fight. Did 1:51 - 1:53 laps. Got first place on lap 4 and tried to run away from the competition. Only managed to gain a gap of 1,5 seconds in the end though with final time of 10:04. The AI REALLY picked up pace after being overtaken.

Nice race but sort of uneventful. Doesn't appeal to me like the previous Nurburgring or Ascari races.

Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model

Link here

The tune (above) is at 700PP. Remove the Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit, Adjust the power limiter to reach 600PP and your good to go. This car will cut through the cars as easily as a hot knife through butter. I had a Zonda LM car as lead rabbit and went into drag race on the back straight of Silverstone on lap 5. I eventually won by 1.5 seconds as this car makes up the time on the twisty parts of the circuit. It may be of help to anyone who is struggling.

audir10stealthimg2-jpg.201790

Tried it with Toyota TS030(yes cockpit view!) and it was pretty easy. Tried it with the stock R8 LMS and it was a fight. 2:01 to 1:59 laps for all 5 laps and I caught the leader(C6 Corvette Race car) on the last lap. Finishing around 10:42s.

One time though I finished 2nd because AI punted me at the end...lol

Tried this again using Oreca Viper again. This time the Corvette C6R was leader. I didn't use engine mod or turbo just adjusted DF and gears. Blew by him on the straight and won by .984. Total time was 10:37.731 and my fastest lap was 1:58.917.

I spent all morning grinding credits to buy the 330 P4 and had six 2nd places in a row with it. Rage quitted and trying again tomorrow.

Now I've got no credits left and have to grind again. I hate race car events. So expensive trying all the different cars.

All races are clean with little to no contact passing. Cars have no tunes, no aids and driven in manual mode. The rabbits I get are almost always Nissan GTR race cars.

All of the cars below are so damn fun to drive lol.
Honda Spoon @ much lower PP, 12th, laptimes: ~2:27.xxx
Lexus IS350 Wedsport @ 600 PP, 3rd, laptimes: ~2:04-2:07
BMW Mclaren F1 GTR @600 PP, 3rd, laptimes ~2:00-2:04

Can someone please try the Lexus IS350 Wedsport and report back the lap times please?? It is my favorite car because I have the regular IS350 in real life :D

I did one lap with the steath IS350 with stock no tune and no oil change. 2:03.471 it likes to spin easy. After being careful with throttle kept getting in the 2:01

Last edited:
Back