A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 183 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

GucAMnp.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 13/11/2014 - 27/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 600 or less
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Categories: Racing Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.192,000
Silver: Cr.115,200
Bronze: Cr.96,000

Gift(s):
Gold: Pearl Orange paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Silverstone GP Circuit
Track Length: 3.66 miles / 5890 m
Time of day: 17:00
Temp: 29ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca) #91 '00

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Used my Anniversary Edition HSV-010 GT '11 to dispose of this one. Overkill I know, but after doing literally thousands of miles on this track for the GT Academy competition in the past, I am quite burned out on this track as far as hotlapping goes so I just wanted to quickly be done with this one. Plus, we are using the National version of this track for this weeks WRS TT's so enough is enough. :crazy: For those reasons, I won't be coming back to this one either. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

I'm just about to start my race here on Silverstone, but I've gotta restart my game first. I'm having that problem AGAIN where I lose my login bonus. The number 5 has vanished from the little icon up on top of the screen. So, if I run the event I will only get the base payout amount of credits. Yet, I'm still connected to PSN. I can switch over to my PS3 XMB and see which of my PSN friends are connected and what they're doing on their PS3's at the moment. I just sent a PSN message to a friend asking if he's having the same problem. He's not.

This is so annoying. It happened to me over the weekend too. I can't understand why I'm losing this connection to PD's servers. This is so bizarre. :banghead:

Two different races. One the TS030 Toyota LMP car does a 10:16, you need 1:55s to beat that. But second race had a much easier rabbit, a Camaro SS, and won with an 11:03 in the BMW Vision car. That's a huge difference.

This one might be interesting. Ran it once and finished 2nd. 20 seconds behind the leader. And 21 seconds ahead of 3rd. I took 2nd place at the beginning of lap 3. The leader had a 1 minute lead.
I've never seen a gap like that in these Seasonals.
The rabbit was the Gulf blue Ford GT.

I made this replica using the touring car / RM long ago, should be good at Silverstone GP, if need more power, simply increase the power limiter, the replica is set at 72.4%, plenty of power to play with, 550HP or 600HP :P

SaReNi United / Reiter Engineering Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 GT3 500HP Blancpain version Sports Soft to Racing Hard

or if you are really good at Silverstone :

Team Kunimitsu NSX GT2 LM Replica 1995 GT2 Class Winner No 84 Keiichi Tsuchiya, Akira Iida and Kunimitsu Takahashi Sports Medium to Racing Hard

The NSX may need power increase, simply install power upgrades to get higher PP.

Last edited:
Used my Toyota TS030 for a pretty easy win. Used AT, TC1, and ABS1. Pretty sure the car was stock except for having the downforce at max, though I might've tweaked the LSD at some point.

I had to restart after the AI punted me off the track on lap 2, though. The attempt I won on was pretty clean except for the very last overtake.

Total time: 10:43.366. Best lap: 1:59.930.

Nothing impressive, I know—I don't know this track well and the TS030 was feeling a little squirrelly, so I wasn't feeling inclined to push it.

#2 was a Team Oreca Viper, which wasn't far behind (0.511 seconds). I actually didn't pass it until sector 2 of lap 5, which was actually making me a bit nervous.

Last edited:
I'm just about to start my race here on Silverstone, but I've gotta restart my game first. I'm having that problem AGAIN where I lose my login bonus. The number 5 has vanished from the little icon up on top of the screen. So, if I run the event I will only get the base payout amount of credits. Yet, I'm still connected to PSN. I can switch over to my PS3 XMB and see which of my PSN friends are connected and what they're doing on their PS3's at the moment. I just sent a PSN message to a friend asking if he's having the same problem. He's not.

This is so annoying. It happened to me over the weekend too. I can't understand why I'm losing this connection to PD's servers. This is so bizarre. :banghead:
Hey ALB123 this has happen to me as well once or twice a day since last Saturday but on Tuesday I reset my modem and it been ok since, reset your modem and see what happens over the next few days.

Hey ALB123 this has happen to me as well once or twice a day since last Saturday but on Tuesday I reset my modem and it been ok since, reset your modem and see what happens over the next few days.
Hmmm. Ok. It's certainly worth a shot! I'll let you know how it goes... 👍

I did it in the Mclaren F1 GTR - BMW which was detuned a bit so it was 600pp. It was a tough race I overtook the leader (Toyota TS030) on lap 4 and then I just defended my position till then end. Total time 10:03.728 fastest lap 1.52.160

One last thing, as I said with the nurburgring event a few weeks ago this is stupid, starting far behind a faster car by 30s+ is just plain stupid.

This one might be interesting. Ran it once and finished 2nd. 20 seconds behind the leader. And 21 seconds ahead of 3rd. I took 2nd place at the beginning of lap 3. The leader had a 1 minute lead.
I've never seen a gap like that in these Seasonals.
The rabbit was the Gulf blue Ford GT.
image.jpg

Same with TS030, feel quite bruised after that....:indiff:

Used the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 with a tune from @shaunm80
Tune is here
only things i changed
Power limiter to 88.5% ( i tried adding ballast, that was a bad choice)
and final gear from 2.920 to 3.075
Rabbit was also a Toyota TS030, overtake in lap 4 and rubberbanded me after that.
Average laptimes 1:53.xxx
Automatic gears
traction=1
Abs=1
Sliprecover=on
DS3=6
shot0006.png
shot0005.png

I tried twice with a stock Jaguar XJ13, but wasn't fast enough (30 seconds off and 4th). I found the graphics very dark and the track and other cars difficult to see in places - it said 17:00. I really dislike the track (flat, featureless old airfield) so switched to a stock 2J for a win.

I took the Honda HSV 10 for a very smooth drive but ended 3rd at 4 sec behind the Viper . I then tried the Mac Laren F1 GTR Base Model 95 ( full stock , just detuned to 600PP ) . Very easy drive too : Gold on first attempt .

In my second account i used the Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary '11
used a tune once from @hsv you find it here.
I changed a few things for this event (Brakebalance/Topspeed/LSD/Downforce/Ballast)
10 seconds slower than with the Toyota TS030, but 3 seconds win over the leader (corvette LM,forgot wich one)
EDIT: it was the Corvette Z06(C6) LM racecar with 616pp

Credits to HSV
Suspension reads stock, but settings are custom.
_Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary '11_Race_by_HSV based..jpg

edit: This tune can be applied to all HSV racecars from '12
Differences with the 15th Annivers:
Engine tune max.(stage 3)
Powerlimiter untill 600pp
With the HSV-010 Base model i have 616HP, 7 more than the anniversary.

Last edited:
I was in an NSX GT500 and the rabbit was in Gulf blue Ford GT. There was no sense in it running faster than what an LMP could do. It's time was 10:05.

This track is a pleasure to drive in the TS030 and Ford GT LM Spec II. Easy wins in those but I'm really struggling to find cars under 600pp that are capable of catching the rabbits.

Any suggestions? Ideally without having to add upgrades. I'm not very clued up on the race cars and they're expensive mistakes choosing the wrong ones.

wow, PD must really be loving me. First crack at it, I get the TS030 and the McLaren as rabbits. Did 5 sub 2min laps and was still 20 secs off 1st place. The McLaren was quite upset with me in the closing stages of last lap, bumping and ramming me several times. Once I re-entered the race sans TS030 rabbit, easy win. The TS is very hard to catch.

Only did one race last night and it may end up being my favorite of the seasonals so far.

I used the 67' Ferrari 330 P4 @ 590pp, ABS1 only.

Had a good fast first lap and then cautiously worked threw traffic the next two, noticed the TS030 was running a good pace so, I speed up some on the last two laps.
Caught the leader coming out of Stowe and passed to the inside coming into Vale, clean and fun race. I am not sure what other lineups are offered but this one was perfect for the 330 @ 590pp with max downforce, just fast enough to make a fun race.

Lap times.
1. 1:54.898
2. 1:55.765
3. 1:55.304
4. 1:54.385
5. 1:54.006

330 P4.jpg

It was a tough race I overtook the leader (Toyota TS030) on lap 4 and then I just defended my position till then end. Total time 10:03.728 fastest lap 1.52.160
Speaking of GT6 oddities: you won with those times and I won the same event with a total time of 10:43.366 and a best lap of 1:59.930. That's a massive difference! Either the AI adjusted to my inferior driving (which, theoretically, is good, though it's not asking me to push myself) or the driving necessary to win this event is completely unpredictable. Either way, it's certainly not a time trail masquerading as a race, even though it feels that way, given its artificiality.

View attachment 255231
I got the Team Oreca Viper as my "rabbit" and it was a cakewalk by comparison.

Speaking of GT6 oddities: you won with those times and I won the same event with a total time of 10:43.366 and a best lap of 1:59.930. That's a massive difference! Either the AI adjusted to my inferior driving (which, theoretically, is good, though it's not asking me to push myself) or the driving necessary to win this event is completely unpredictable. Either way, it's certainly not a time trail masquerading as a race, even though it feels that way, given its artificiality.

I got the Team Oreca Viper as my "rabbit" and it was a cakewalk by comparison.
The AI do adapt to your speed to give you a chance to catch up. Its only when you pass the lead car that they start to really push you around.

The AI do adapt to your speed to give you a chance to catch up. Its only when you pass the lead car that they start to really push you around.
Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. But it seems with some of these events that we have completely different races depending upon which rabbit the game randomly chooses. In this case, it seems like the TS030 version of this race is much harder than the Oreca Viper version. Personally, I'm not sure that that makes a lot of sense from a game design perspective.

There isn't a good racing series in the world where you don't have any idea whether you're going to be competing against a GTS-class car or a LM prototype. PP should address that, but it clearly doesn't work as a way to quantify the performance capabilities of cars. Given that, it seems like Polyphony needs to set up the races quite deliberately so that we, the players, know what to expect. Do I need to bring something capable of beating a Viper or a prototype?

I don't know—I just feel like I got off easy simply because I happened to be put up against that Viper rather than the TS030. The AI adapting their driving, I get. But the unpredictable field? That seems like it's something else altogether.

Take last week's Ferrari event at Ascari. The Enzo was the rabbit every time. How fast the Enzo drove might change somewhat depending on your skill, but you always knew what you were up against. I don't know why all the "races" aren't like that. Changing up the cars is fine, in principle, but the potential top cars all need to have similar performance to one another.

Last edited:
I'm liking this seasonal. I don't mind that there is such a huge disparity between starting line-ups. The first car I tried was my BMW GT3. It wasn't nearly fast enough to beat the McLaren that was in first but it was still a fun race. Next I tried my HSV and ended up with a GT-R LM as the lead car. This was far more evenly matched. It was close enough that I had to pay attention the whole time and not get cocky. It was a great match-up so I just kept hitting the replay button after each race.
If I go in and find that I'm ridiculously under matched, I'll play it out and then exit and re-enter. No big deal.
I LIKE the fact that it's not the same race every time. I can play with a lot more variety in my stable and still have it be competitive.
It's certainly better than the drunken Enzo from the last Expert seasonal.
OH! And I like that it's more than just the lead car that will battle you. I've had a couple races already where the 2nd and 3rd place cars battled back. I thought I had overtaken convincingly when all of a sudden they pass me back! Whoa! Didn't see that coming. But it was cool!

Did it in the TS030 and it was a breeze. Laps in the low x:50's (best was a 1:51.7) was all it took for the win and a 17 sec difference to second place (a C5-R, I got lucky with the competition).
No need to really push the car, just drove it around without any mistakes and the race was a breeze.

A lot easier than the Nordschleife seasonal with the same car, where there was a lot more aggressiveness in the driving.

The next try, with the SLS AMG GT3 (and a TS030 among the competition) did not go so well...

Latest Posts

Back