Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
quote="shaunm80, post: 9795120, member: 197477"]Its all good, This is the reason I create so many tunes. A varied selection makes a single A Spec seasonal so tedious when grinding out those precious credits. Good to know your enjoying the tunes.
I am thx...I had other tunes on my cars before,but now I have found your garage I've overwritten most of them for yours...no disrespect to them they were good but yours seem to work better for my style of driving. ..and I do look at your garage first if I'm looking for particular tune...if you don't have it...I panic...lol because I have got use to yours:) I really do appreciate you doing this...it takes alot of time and hard earned credits...but it really must be a wicked buzz too for you:) thx again[/quote]
I was the same, I use to have a garage full of 2 tuners creations before I started out doing seasonals tunes to help DS3 users. I am over writing the tunes which were other peoples originally with my own variations. Some tunes will stay as other peoples as they still feel perfect to me and I can't make them any better than perfect for me.

Shelby GT350R '65 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

500PP
395 BHP
Weight 1150kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres
Change Oil
Chassis Reinforcement

FC Sus
F/R
100/105
6.50/4.75
6/7
5/6
1/2
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.25

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.702
2nd 2.055
3rd 1.597
4th 1.288
5th 1.090
Set final gear to 4.740

FC LSD
40/45/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power Limiter 95.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Semi Racing Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 108kgs to Position 50

I am currently 17 points off gold but I have not yet strung all 4 sectors together yet in the same attempt. If i get my four best sectors on the same attempt, this car is capable of a 7500-8000 point score.

Edit: Gold achieved with 6000 points. Thats me done. I got the Chrome paint and I'm on to the next one.

View attachment 173111
View attachment 173112

Got 7500 points with this in 3 attemps (648th in this noment) but without chassis reinforcement .... anyway good work

Got 7500 points with this in 3 attemps (648th in this noment) but without chassis reinforcement .... anyway good work
Thats a good score for the Drift event. I think I just scraped the gold on the classic car drift event. I did better on the European event though. 8400 is a good score for me, I could have scored more but stringing together clean sectors in one go is quite tricky.

Thats a good score for the Drift event. I think I just scraped the gold on the classic car drift event. I did better on the European event though. 8400 is a good score for me, I could have scored more but stringing together clean sectors in one go is quite tricky.

Well in the Euro drift event i beaten the gold record of just 100 points XD

[quote="shaunm80, post: 9795249, member: ]...I had other tunes on my cars before,but now I have found your garage I've overwritten most of them for yours...no disrespect to them they were good but yours seem to work better for my style of driving. ..and I do look at your garage first if I'm looking for particular tune...if you don't have it...I panic...lol because I have got use to yours:) I really do appreciate you doing this...it takes alot of time and hard earned credits...but it really must be a wicked buzz too for you:) thx again[/quote]
I was the same, I use to have a garage full of 2 tuners creations before I started out doing seasonals tunes to help DS3 users. I am over writing the tunes which were other peoples originally with my own variations. Some tunes will stay as other peoples as they still feel perfect to me and I can't make them any better than perfect for me.[/quote]
I know what you mean I have a Mazda 787B stealth model tune i got from Jakedog i use on nurburg and its perfect and theres no need to change it:)

To be honest the Subaru works good as always with your Tunes. I don't feel something special. Yesterday i spend a lot of time with the Lexus at N24. Best Lap is still 10.11 min and all Tries to be faster ends in the Kitty Litter. Drift Events done with Gold and Silver. And Shaun by tuning the BMW Z4 GT3 try Camber setting. I use 2.5 front and 3.5 rear at my Z4 GT3 and it works i believe
How hard is the lexus on N24 Chris. 10.28 first try.. I be lucky to get 10.11...how the hell are we even going to get a silver.9.35..wish we could use your tune on it shaun..:)

How hard is the lexus on N24 Chris. 10.28 first try.. I be lucky to get 10.11...how the hell are we even going to get a silver.9.35..wish we could use your tune on it shaun..:)
Im not even going to attempt it. Even if i could use the tune on the car, it wouldn't help me get bronze, let alone gold. I can just about get round the ring in the day light with 1 off, maybe 2 depending on driver error, when its dark. I slide of the track more than I care to admit. Best of luck to you two for getting gold.

Im not even going to attempt it. Even if i could use the tune on the car, it wouldn't help me get bronze, let alone gold. I can just about get round the ring in the day light with 1 off, maybe 2 depending on driver error, when its dark. I slide of the track more than I care to admit. Best of luck to you two for getting gold.
Lol.....N24 I was a 3rd away round the circuit doing 19sec quicker thinking this is better...then crash bang wallop...disqualified:(( I'm going back to willow to have some fun with your 599 tune...don't worry not your drift tune....I gave that up for now too I could only get 3.500 points not even enough for bronze...lol

Lol.....N24 I was a 3rd away round the circuit doing 19sec quicker thinking this is better...then crash bang wallop...disqualified:(( I'm going back to willow to have some fun with your 599 tune...don't worry not your drift tune....I gave that up for now too I could only get 3.500 points not even enough for bronze...lol
Shock Horror. I attempted it for the first time and made it round without coming off in 10.14.154. Thats pretty impressive for me. Still. 1 min slower than gold time but at least I didn't go off the track!

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12

615PP
529 BHP
900kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
22.25/22.50
6/8
5/7
2/4
2.5/3.0
-0.15/0.30

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.496
2nd 2.685
3rd 2.055
4th 1.670
5th 1.407
6th 1.224
Set final gear to 2.920

FC LSD
8/10/20

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
525/700

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

ToyotaTS030Img1.jpg

ToyotaTS030Img2.jpg

Last edited:
Shock Horror. I attempted it for the first time and made it round without coming off in 10.14.154. Thats pretty impressive for me. Still. 1 min slower than gold time but at least I didn't go off the track!
Well done..that's a good first time....I think silver is do-able with loads of concentration and a bit of luck. .how can they get 8.47 that must be some drive...lol...I found the car handles a bit better once you get off the race circuit bit...if I hadn't come off when I did and kept that momentum going I might of had a silver. ..who knows! Are you going to keep trying

Well done..that's a good first time....I think silver is do-able with loads of concentration and a bit of luck. .how can they get 8.47 that must be some drive...lol...I found the car handles a bit better once you get off the race circuit bit...if I hadn't come off when I did and kept that momentum going I might of had a silver. ..who knows! Are you going to keep trying
Why is this Lexus so slow? I haven't done the update yet (I'm still on 1.07 :()
It must handle like a dog on a gymnasium floor!

Why is this Lexus so slow? I haven't done the update yet (I'm still on 1.07 :()
It must handle like a dog on a gymnasium floor!
lol you could put it like that Pete :) Its not exactly slow its just so hard to keep it on the track at full trottle:(
How come you havent done update yet?

Last edited:
quote="shaunm80, post: 9266489, member: 197477"]Ferrari 599 '06

600PP
836 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Dist 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres
Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
90/90
13.50/15.10
5/5
6/6
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.06

Racing Braking Kit
5/3 or 4/2 (driver preference)

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.184
2nd 2.447
3rd 1.903
4th 1.557
5th 1.313
6th 1.149
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
6/10/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast
Set 36kgs to position -50

View attachment 111224[/quote]
Another lovely easy win tune for willow fastest lap. .1.18.343 thx Shaun
Just changed down power:)

lol you could put it like that Pete :) Its not exactly slow its just so hard to keep it on the track at full trottle:(
Make sure you take ASM off. It doesn't understeer half as much if you do. It seems impossible to get the gold at the moment. I pushed pretty hard to get a silver and only one or two mistakes but i have no idea where i would take off the 15 seconds or so what is needed for the gold :crazy:

quote="shaunm80, post: 9266489, member: 197477"]Ferrari 599 '06

600PP
836 BHP
1300kgs

Sports Soft Tyres
Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
90/90
13.50/15.10
5/5
6/6
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.06

Racing Braking Kit
5/3 or 4/2 (driver preference)

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.184
2nd 2.447
3rd 1.903
4th 1.557
5th 1.313
6th 1.149
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
6/10/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast

View attachment 111224
Just changed down power:)[/quote]
I may do a fine tune for this car at 550PP. It should be one of the fastest at that PP if I can get the LSD and Suspension right for the new power range.

I don't think ill keep going. I am about 35-40 seconds away from silver... I am happy with Bronze at this point.

Make sure you take ASM off. It doesn't understeer half as much if you do. It seems impossible to get the gold at the moment. I pushed pretty hard to get a silver and only one or two mistakes but i have no idea where i would take off the 15 seconds or so what is needed for the gold :crazy:
Well done for getting silver though...it must of been nerve wrecking...i know..how are they getting gold and under 9mins:( thanks for the advice i will give it go...good luck with it:)

Just changed down power:)
I may do a fine tune for this car at 550PP. It should be one of the fastest at that PP if I can get the LSD and Suspension right for the new power range.

I don't think ill keep going. I am about 35-40 seconds away from silver... I am happy with Bronze at this point.[/quote]

I might give it another go with Asm off after what Diaz said..but normally i'm not to good when i turn that off..lol
Thats cool i would like to give the 599 a go with the new settings...looking forward to that...cheers:)

[quote="Thats cool i would like to give the 599 a go with the new settings...looking forward to that...cheers":)[/quote]
No problems. Fine tuning cars is something I do quite often at the moment. Isn't that right @Pete05 ? It keeps me on my toes.

Ferrari 458 Italia '09

600PP
677 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/90
9.30/13.50
5/6
4/7
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
(I have kept this the same from Praiano63 transmission setup as it was perfect for this tune) Many thanks @praiano63
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.111
2nd 2.466
3rd 1.990
4th 1.646
5th 1.396
6th 1.193
7th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.500

FC LSD
12/13/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Power limiter set to 95.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is slidey but very controllable. The back end is a little looser than most 458 tunes I have tried, but it works well on DS3. This car is not great on tyre wear (such as willow springs 20 miles) but on super car festival, tuned car festival etc it is a real blast. This car really loves to eat up the corners.

This is a Mark 1 tune for me. Once I have more time in the future to get a better tyre wear version done, ill do that as mark 2. For now, I am happy with the results of this tune.

View attachment 139352
So am i happy with this tune:) just had a fastest lap of 1.17.710 on willow...very nice tune shaun.. shes tight and loose at the same time:) i think out of the 20 odd cars ive tried on willow this i think was my fastast lap time...thx again:)
Out of the 2 Ferrari's i'm liking this one the best Shaun...another good lap on willow seasonal 1.17.733:) this tune is awesome and a pleasure to drive:)
Sorry guys you must be really bored with me keep going on about Willow:) Don't worry it finishes in 4 days..lol
Thanks shaun

Last edited:
So am i happy with this tune:) just had a fastest lap of 1.17.710 on willow...very nice tune shaun.. shes tight and loose at the same time:) i think out of the 20 odd cars ive tried on willow this i think was my fastast lap time...thx again:)
A classy italian lady thats tight and loose at the same time. Is there anything more perfect? :)

A classy italian lady thats tight and loose at the same time. Is there anything more perfect? :)

Wicked...Lol...and she goes like the clappers:) you can take her from behind...sorry meant to say overtake her from behind....lol:)

Ferrari 599 '06

550PP
555 BHP
1300kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
90/95
13.00/15.00
5/6
4/7
2/5
2.0/1.0
-0.06/0.10

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.216
2nd 2.470
3rd 1.944
4th 1.584
5th 1.336
6th 1.160
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
10/12/6
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 86.2%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast

Tested on A Spec willow springs. It is a little tight on the front but take it easy and drive this car sensibly and it will give you the win very easily. Alternatively, if you don't get on with this setup, I have been told that if you take the 600PP SS version, detune to 550PP and use the original settings, that tune is capable of 1.18s and a easy win too. Basicly, you have 2 options at 550PP with the same car to suit your driving style.

Edit: I have fine tuned this car a little more. In free mode, I had this car running 1.18.5s - 1.19.5s consistently. Its still a little tight but this stops the rear end from sliding out from underneath you on the long corners which cost me time if I used the detuned 600PP version.

Engaging stunt car mode
F599550PPImg1.jpg

F599550PPImg2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm internet poor & if it wasn't for my iPhone is be stuck in the 1990's.
As for the Lexus, I like a challenge at the Nurb. If I had a dollar for every lap I've run there, I could buy the 3D version, but you all a Lexus & we could play follow the leader.

[quote="Thats cool i would like to give the 599 a go with the new settings...looking forward to that...cheers":)
No problems. Fine tuning cars is something I do quite often at the moment. Isn't that right @Pete05 ? It keeps me on my toes.[/quote]
Tuning with you has easily been the most enjoyable thing I've done in GT6. I haven't had this much fun with any GT since playing 2 player on GT2.
I'd take a slower car than a mate & have the best races with him.
Calsonic Skylines were a fave. I'd take the R31 GTS-R and he'd have the R32 GT-R. He'd take off like a scared cat on carpet, battle to keep me behind & if I got the lead, try my best to gap him before the run to the line. Depending on what track we used, it could go either way. Great days

I'm internet poor & if it wasn't for my iPhone is be stuck in the 1990's.
As for the Lexus, I like a challenge at the Nurb. If I had a dollar for every lap I've run there, I could buy the 3D version, but you all a Lexus & we could play follow the leader.
even better than a 3D version, you could afford to have fast broadband internet installed for playing GT6 online :)

Back