A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Silverstone GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 183 comments
I just ran with the Honda HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary Edition. I forgot how much I love this car. My lap times were almost identical to the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97. That leads me to believe if I can work out the kinks in that McLaren, it should be faster, for me. Maybe they aren't kinks? Maybe I'm just not used to it? I don't know, but they both took Gold without a problem.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the tune you used @skeagracing...I just never felt comfortable entering or coming out of turns with the setup I used.

@ALB123 nice call on the HSV Anniv. Ed.! I pulled it out of the garage and conveniently I was already set for 600pp. Not sure where the tune came from but it was great, and you're right, loads of fun! Won it on the 2nd attempt after messing around getting used to the car the first time. Had a couple of 1:57.xxx laps and some sloppier ones in the win.

Now I'm eager to try the McLaren. @skeagracing is that tune above de-tuned with the power limiter?

Edit: Tried with a stock BMW McLaren '97 de-tuned to 600pp. Car handles great! Turned in laps about 0.5 sec faster than the HSV. Stock settings have a little understeer, which has the benefit of letting me throw the car around the track but maybe tinkering with this can yield faster lap times. @skeagracing, I may try experimenting with some of your settings to see if they yield some improvement

Last edited:
Just won it again with my NASCAR car.

595 PP. Won

590 PP. Won

585 PP. Missed by a few seconds but I also got a 5 second ramming penalty so pretty sure it can be won. May try some more later but right now, I need to go see if I can improve my time in the WRS event. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

With SFR? Without it, I don't see it, care to share the setup.

With SFR? Without it, I don't see it, care to share the setup.

SRF, are you kidding me? You of all people should know how much I despise that unrealistic aid so why would I use it? So no, I did not use it nor will I ever use it. (Unless its in a Seasonal TT and everyone else is using it therefore I will use it in order to keep up with the rest of the leaderboard.) As far as you not seeing it, that's perfectly fine and totally up to you. :)

Yeah, I think I had a tune on there from the last seasonal event at Laguna Seca. I had to make a couple changes, to accommodate the track differences, but otherwise it ran pretty well. I just love the sound of the Honda HSV-010... When I drove the car for the very first time I fell in love. I had no idea what it was...SuperGT racing was completely foreign to me. Quickly, I learned about the car and the race series it was in. Driving it has always been fun, even when I struggle. I can't say that about many cars in GT6... :)

SRF, are you kidding me? You of all people should know how much I despise that unrealistic aid so why would I use it? So no, I did not use it nor will I ever use it. (Unless its in a Seasonal TT and everyone else is using it therefore I will use it in order to keep up with the rest of the leaderboard.) As far as you not seeing it, that's perfectly fine and totally up to you. :)

Does that mean your going to prove that you can beat the Zonda with 82 less hp and no SFR or you don't care to prove it. I like GT6 NASCAR videos makes for good viewing.

[USER=128406]@skeagracing, I may try experimenting with some of your settings to see if they yield some improvement[/USER]

So I tried a little experiment with the BMW McLaren '97

1st try: Applied @skeagracing 's 5-5-5 LSD settings on top of the stock settings. Lap times were about the same. Understeer was gone but there was too much slipping and sliding going on

2nd try: Changed LSD to 5-12-7. Much improved. Dropped lap times by 1 second!

3rd try: Applied @skeakracing 's suspension settings. Much improved handling - dropped lap times a little more, but noticed a bit more understeer.

4th try: Changed LSD back to 5-5-5 (@skeagracing's tune minus the trans.) Not bad but still a bit slippery and a little slower

5th try: Changed LSD to 5-9-7. Bingo! This was the best combo. Was really able to push the car but still have plenty of turn-in and drift... was able to record a couple of lap times ~1:54.7xx

I'm not sure how much of this was from revising and experimenting with the tune, or from just the repetition and getting better with the track - probably a bit of both, but I'm happy with the final settings.

(Also, I couldn't make the listed transmission settings work and I was pretty happy with the stock trans. so I left it there)

Does that mean your going to prove that you can beat the Zonda with 82 less hp and no SFR or you don't care to prove it. I like GT6 NASCAR videos makes for good viewing.

I was going to say this before but I refrained because of your past history with me but since you brought it up, no, I have nothing to prove, especially to you. Kinda ironic you calling me out this way considering you were quick to jump on my ass when I did the very same thing to one of your friends. I know you're just trolling for trouble here with me so we are done here now as far as I'm concerned.

I was going to say this before but I refrained because of your past history with me but since you brought it up, no, I have nothing to prove, especially to you. Kinda ironic you calling me out this way considering you were quick to jump on my ass when I did the very same thing to one of your friends. I know you're just trolling for trouble here with me so we are done here now as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly, she is one of my friends and I'm telling you, grow up and cut out your little games. Everyone can see that you still having trouble sitting down from Bathurst, get over it. Of coarse your going to claim that your not doing anything but, everyone sees it and your looking like a fool.

Back on topic, :)

Decided to try 585pp and work on a setup, 585 is NOT easy against the Zonda. It takes 1:59 or better laps and you have to catch the Zonda before Hanger Straight on lap 5 or it pulls away and you dont have enough speed to catch him again. If you catch him and pass, there is no give up in the Zonda, the AI does everything to try to pass back.

I don't give a Ratt's a$$ if someone can do better, I can back up anything I say I did.
I play the game because it's fun and after 10 hour day it oddly relaxes me before bed.
If someone has an issue with me posting here, again I don't give a Ratt's a$$.

Here is a video showing 585pp with no SFR, I had two races within .002 so I am happy with the consistence of the setup just going to work on a little more speed now.

image.jpg image.jpg

1:59s lap minimum 💡 That means most of my GT3 replica can do it ( thinking of 458, Ford GT GT3, Viper, Camaro, McLaren MP4-12C ) :)

@Ridox2JZGTE Oh man...I didn't even think about your GT3 setups! :dunce: :crazy: I have several created in my garage. In fact, I was just out on Fuji driving a Viper GT3 Replica Tune of yours with @FSportIS a few minutes ago... I don't know why I completely forgot about your GT3 class of cars.

This is yet another reason I wish that we could edit the name of our cars. Or if that's not feasible, due to licensing issues, then we should have some type of description field. Right now I have four Lamborghini Gallardos in my Garage. I keep one completely stock. I have one setup as a GT3 Replica (it requires Chassis Reinforcement) and I have two different Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera's. The reason why I couldn't just use one car with the different Superleggera Replica's is because each Replica has multiple suspension setups. So, each of my Gallardo Superleggera's have three different suspension setups each. Yet, if you go into my garage you will have absolutely no idea what the cars are until you select one and go into Car Settings and then see a tiny description on the Tuning Label headers for A, B & C. Actually, you can tell which is the GT3 by the big back wing.

@WhoosierGirl Well done!! :D 👍

View attachment 257218

This was actually quite fun at 600PP. Got lead just before last corners on lap 5. Best lap 1:57.3. Gonna have to drive this car more often.

Respect! You are quite fast with this car! I can't beat the 2 mins mark with it yet. I can win with the BMW Mclaren in stock form with 1:58-2:01 lap times but not this Lexus yet :(

Pinky girl, skearacing, alb_123, MTM79, and many others, can you guys try this Lexus Wedsport IS350 and share your tune with me? I will keep this car forever with a good tune on it. I don't like driving tuned cars except a few favorite like this :)

Respect! You are quite fast with this car! I can't beat the 2 mins mark with it yet. I can win with the BMW Mclaren in stock form with 1:58-2:01 lap times but not this Lexus yet :(

Pinky girl, skearacing, alb_123, MTM79, and many others, can you guys try this Lexus Wedsport IS350 and share your tune with me? I will keep this car forever with a good tune on it. I don't like driving tuned cars except a few favorite like this :)

Actually I didn't have any special tune. Just bought the power upgrades and adjusted to 600PP with power limiter.

I was thinking of giving it yet another go with @shaunm80 's tune. Previously I've been able to do a couple of seconds faster lap times with his tunes compared to stock settings.

I think that some people are using the Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 but I might be wrong. If no one can share a tune Praiano got a Lexus Wedsport IS350 tune, Is that what you want.

Yeah, I definitely want to test out various tunes for the Lexus IS350. The tune should be for a wheel user, not DS3. Thanks.
I am using a G27 and I did try the Lexus Wedsport IS350 with the Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 tune and the two cars handled the same to me but, I like the base model because you can paint it to what colour you like and you can put a number on the car.

Last edited:
@ALB123 nice call on the HSV Anniv. Ed.! I pulled it out of the garage and conveniently I was already set for 600pp. Not sure where the tune came from but it was great, and you're right, loads of fun! Won it on the 2nd attempt after messing around getting used to the car the first time. Had a couple of 1:57.xxx laps and some sloppier ones in the win.

Now I'm eager to try the McLaren. @skeagracing is that tune above de-tuned with the power limiter?

Edit: Tried with a stock BMW McLaren '97 de-tuned to 600pp. Car handles great! Turned in laps about 0.5 sec faster than the HSV. Stock settings have a little understeer, which has the benefit of letting me throw the car around the track but maybe tinkering with this can yield faster lap times. @skeagracing, I may try experimenting with some of your settings to see if they yield some improvement

Yes it was at PP630 when I got it and just de-tuned it to PP600. Have you seen by video of the race as there are two one is replay view and there is another that I did not post here but is on youtube from the cockpit.

So I tried a little experiment with the BMW McLaren '97

1st try: Applied @skeagracing 's 5-5-5 LSD settings on top of the stock settings. Lap times were about the same. Understeer was gone but there was too much slipping and sliding going on

2nd try: Changed LSD to 5-12-7. Much improved. Dropped lap times by 1 second!

3rd try: Applied @skeakracing 's suspension settings. Much improved handling - dropped lap times a little more, but noticed a bit more understeer.

4th try: Changed LSD back to 5-5-5 (@skeagracing's tune minus the trans.) Not bad but still a bit slippery and a little slower

5th try: Changed LSD to 5-9-7. Bingo! This was the best combo. Was really able to push the car but still have plenty of turn-in and drift... was able to record a couple of lap times ~1:54.7xx

I'm not sure how much of this was from revising and experimenting with the tune, or from just the repetition and getting better with the track - probably a bit of both, but I'm happy with the final settings.

(Also, I couldn't make the listed transmission settings work and I was pretty happy with the stock trans. so I left it there)

I like the slipping and sliding as I have a lot of seat time with the Porsche where the engine is behind the rear wheels and I can turn on a dime with just the pedals with very little input from the steering wheel. I would recommend setting the transmission so it red lines on the long
straights that way you can pass in the corners where the AI cars are over braking and you can pass them easy by out braking them.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the setup sharing, I've not had people try anything I run before...might as well try sharing one. My current setup for the Audi R8 LMS Ultra:

14%2B-%2B3

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B2

14%2B-%2B4

This is driven normally with T500RS with paddle shifting, ABS = 1, TCS = 0. No other aids. I still don't use camber as I still don't think its working properly(I've tried back to back with a setup tuned with camber and still goes faster without it). Should be able to do 1:58s in this. The car should be pretty balanced in the fast corners, slightly twitchy on really slow corners.

Would be curious to know the feedback.

On the setup sharing, I've not had people try anything I run before...might as well try sharing one. My current setup for the Audi R8 LMS Ultra:

14%2B-%2B3

14%2B-%2B1

14%2B-%2B2

14%2B-%2B4

This is driven normally with T500RS with paddle shifting, ABS = 1, TCS = 0. No other aids. I still don't use camber as I still don't think its working properly(I've tried back to back with a setup tuned with camber and still goes faster without it). Should be able to do 1:58s in this. The car should be pretty balanced in the fast corners, slightly twitchy on really slow corners.

Would be curious to know the feedback.
I will give it a go and get back with you. Thank you for the tune!! Did you win the expert race with this tune??

Last edited:
1:59s lap minimum 💡 That means most of my GT3 replica can do it ( thinking of 458, Ford GT GT3, Viper, Camaro, McLaren MP4-12C ) :)

If only those cars could be reclassified as "Race" cars.
I don't think any of these can enter this seasonal. :/

HSV was a little darling for this one.

First time on the old Laguna seca tune. Running 1:52 laps.
Not for me. I could only get 2:00 minute laps out of that car stock. Couldn't catch the Ford GT. Same thing with the Mclaren BMW race car... :/ They don't seem to accelerate very fast. I don't reallu get into tuning much. I guess I'm missing out. :)

I only have the Base model, High 1:53's, low 1:54 lap times, no SFR.
I'm posting it as long as you stop calling me Pinky Girl :)
:)^^I just kidding about this part^^:)

IS350 GT300 600pp

616hp, Stage 3 tuning, High RPM Turbo, 97.3% power
No oil change or improved body rigidity, paint it pink.

45/35
12.60/13.95
2/2
1/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
4/6 Brakes

5/9/7

112/4.725
Final 2.750

350/550 Downforce

image.jpg

Last edited:
I only have the Base model, High 1:53's, low 1:54 lap times, no SFR.
I'm posting it as long as you stop calling me Pinky Girl :)

IS350 GT300 600pp

616hp, Stage 3 tuning, High RPM Turbo, 97.3% power
No oil change or improved body rigidity, paint it pink.

45/35
12.60/13.95
2/2
1/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
4/6 Brakes

5/9/7

112/4.725
Final 2.750

350/550 Downforce

View attachment 258330
Very nice! I'm going to have to give this tune a try...I just haven't been able to beat that darn TS030 with my IS350 GT300 Base Model. :( I seriously doubt that it's because of my tune, but stranger things have happened... :lol: Now that I think of it...I never painted mine pink! I did put a racing number on, which is usually good for another couple of mph, but perhaps if I go pink I will gain a few extra tenths per lap!! ;) 👍

Back