A-spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 197 comments
image.jpg
Pulled gt6 out after a long time hooked again ! This is a great event and thanks to praiano for the tune !
Funny thing after probably ten go's at it to win it ! Ever since winning it it's easy to repeat ! Must be course knowledge

You are free to have all the above opinions...but that's all they are - opinions. I wouldn't take any of the concepts outlined in the sentences above as facts nor have I come across any evidence whatsoever to support such concepts as facts.

Or to put it another way - reality. You're familiar with that, right? ;)

That pretty much sums up everything you've spewed on this site. Do you have any "reality" that refutes my view?

Of course not. Your spewage, on the other hand, is refuted daily--with actual facts!

WTF!!!! :boggled:

>get pescarolo
>praiano's tune... but the PP is different for me, i could do medium rpm & it results in 700pp so no need to limit or weight
>i just lowered trasmission to 230mph (one tick) instead of fiddling with individual gears
>ABS 1, TC 5, automatic transmission, DS3 controller
>start race, oh i can see this handles better than my previous attempts with minolta & other $2k+ cars (7th place), able to pass first opponent during the forest area, able to corner that at 140-150 instead of 130 before
>mistake in lap2, retry, forgot to see what my top speed on the front straight was previously, so i turn around the wrong way for a few turns then go back to normal to see my top speed without any drafting, looks like up to 220 & i'm thinking maybe i'll try lowering downforce to get more speed if my next attempt doesnt go well
>retry race second time to drive seriously, first lap 1:25, i expect i'll have to retry later based on early replies in this thread... i thought you had to finish for the AI to slow down next time
>a few good passes, tried the wall ride technique mentioned on page2 or 3, potentially helpful
>at one point, i bump into AI, see his mystery boost, but that in turn lets me draft more often & we catch up to more opponents so you can use it to your advantage
>i lightly tap him again while he's behind 2 others, he passes the first while i'm drafting, so i pass all 3, we come into the long turn 3 & i guess he still has that cheating boost so he bumps me from behind, still mid turn!
>oh look it's the toyota 7 '70, i think i tried on a previous day with disastrous results (maybe it was 2J, severe understeer & i couldnt pass anyone)
>front straight gives me time to look around, gee 1st is far, this is going to be a 2nd but i'm happy cuz old attempts were 7th
>WAT, 1ST HAS CRASHED INTO TURN 1 TIRES, IT'S THE MINOLTA, LUCKY ME
>rest of lap 5... where is everyone!? i hope i dont make a mistake
>i guess i'm winning this on my near first attempt with the pescarolo with almost praiano's tune
>check standings... that killer minolta fell back even more for some reason!
>saved replay :dopey: (wish i could describe some of the passes better, dont have capture equipment or a good camera right now)

kn-gt6-seasonal-luckytokyo-1.jpg

kn-gt6-seasonal-luckytokyo-2.jpg

i'm thinking part of that 7:24.660 comes from the drafting, i thought controller+TC limits your potential records depending on how skilled you are? regardless, i suppose if the minolta didnt crash, maybe i would be ~7:26-29 in second

Last edited:
WTF!!!! :boggled:

>get pescarolo
>praiano's tune... but the PP is different for me, i could do medium rpm & it results in 700pp so no need to limit or weight
>i just lowered trasmission to 230mph (one tick) instead of fiddling with individual gears
>ABS 1, TC 5, automatic transmission, DS3 controller
>start race, oh i can see this handles better than my previous attempts with minolta & other $2k+ cars (7th place), able to pass first opponent during the forest area, able to corner that at 140-150 instead of 130 before
>mistake in lap2, retry, forgot to see what my top speed on the front straight was previously, so i turn around the wrong way for a few turns then go back to normal to see my top speed without any drafting, looks like up to 220 & i'm thinking maybe i'll try lowering downforce to get more speed if my next attempt doesnt go well
>retry race second time to drive seriously, first lap 1:25, i expect i'll have to retry later based on early replies in this thread... i thought you had to finish for the AI to slow down next time
>a few good passes, tried the wall ride technique mentioned on page2 or 3, potentially helpful
>at one point, i bump into AI, see his mystery boost, but that in turn lets me draft more often & we catch up to more opponents so you can use it to your advantage
>i lightly tap him again while he's behind 2 others, he passes the first while i'm drafting, so i pass all 3, we come into the long turn 3 & i guess he still has that cheating boost so he bumps me from behind, still mid turn!
>oh look it's the toyota 7 '70, i think i tried on a previous day with disastrous results (maybe it was 2J, severe understeer & i couldnt pass anyone)
>front straight gives me time to look around, gee 1st is far, this is going to be a 2nd but i'm happy cuz old attempts were 7th
>WAT, 1ST HAS CRASHED INTO TURN 1 TIRES, IT'S THE MINOLTA, LUCKY ME
>rest of lap 5... where is everyone!? i hope i dont make a mistake
>i guess i'm winning this on my near first attempt with the pescarolo with almost praiano's tune
>check standings... that killer minolta fell back even more for some reason!
>saved replay :dopey: (wish i could describe some of the passes better, dont have capture equipment or a good camera right now)

kn-gt6-seasonal-luckytokyo-1.jpg

kn-gt6-seasonal-luckytokyo-2.jpg

i'm thinking part of that 7:24.660 comes from the drafting, i thought controller+TC limits your potential records depending on how skilled you are? regardless, i suppose if the minolta didnt crash, maybe i would be ~7:26-29 in second

If the pescarolo c60 starts in 1-4 place, you have to drive under 7min 22 sek;p often faster than that

Praiano rocks. And thanks to all of you with positive encouraging comments and tips.

I figure hitting the back of an AI car is equivalent to a time penalty - seems that either that car or the field up their pace. Know the course, hit your braking points, throttle control and smart passing - all the things that ought to make for a challenging test in a race car with race tires. Took 10-12 tries to get all that right, had several 2nd places about 1.5 seconds back, and then finally put it all together to get 1st by 5 seconds. I appreciated the challenge.

Praiano rocks. And thanks to all of you with positive encouraging comments and tips.

I figure hitting the back of an AI car is equivalent to a time penalty - seems that either that car or the field up their pace. Know the course, hit your braking points, throttle control and smart passing - all the things that ought to make for a challenging test in a race car with race tires. Took 10-12 tries to get all that right, had several 2nd places about 1.5 seconds back, and then finally put it all together to get 1st by 5 seconds. I appreciated the challenge.
100 percent a time penalty!!! Stay away from then and they will slow down for you!!

Apologies for the double post (my phone wasn't co-operating).

I finally got the gold trophy tonight, after plenty of perseverance in the Pescarolo.
For a long time I thought I was going to get no better than fifth, then fourth. Eventually I came in second by only .065 and I knew I had a chance.
The very next race I made a pass on the last lap out of the last corner and started wondering why I couldn't see the leader, it was only after I crossed the finish line that I realised I was the leader! lol

This is the hardest Seasonal I've ever attempted, so it felt great to finally take the win.

Last edited:
I have gotten some decent 1:23.xxx laps and a final time in the 7:25's with a best of third. About 10 tries in and just about done. Anther crack at it tomorrow night will be it, regardless of the outcome.

Not sure if an easy win on the first try or countless hours of testing and attempts is worse. lol

That pretty much sums up everything you've spewed on this site. Do you have any "reality" that refutes my view?

We already went through that 'back & forth', Jbaffoh. Please reread the previous page. I would like to engage you in continuous conversation but it would be a dead end (you have already told us you, both, drink and drive as well as drink and write.)

Of course not. Your spewage, on the other hand, is refuted daily--with actual facts!

This response then is a lie.
I'll leave you with that truth. 👍

AND Final Gear: 2.000

Easy Win!!!

Amazing that you could win with that time - I've seen the AI do much faster than that. :cheers:
Good gamesmanship. :)

Finally golded this on the last day with a 7.24 without SRF. Pesky Hybride with Prianao tune (modified a bit). Man that was hard. After many hours trying without SRF, turning it on suddenly there is much more grip, better turn in, much better braking, and the AI goes slower when being passed.

Finally golded this on the last day with a 7.24 without SRF. Pesky Hybride with Prianao tune (modified a bit). Man that was hard. After many hours trying without SRF, turning it on suddenly there is much more grip, better turn in, much better braking, and the AI goes slower when being passed.
Yes they do they go slower

Back