A-spec Expert Level Rain Master: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 459 comments
Man, if your getting times in the 7:20's then noone is going to doubt your methods, lol.👍

The problem is;
1. Get the right suspension tune, time gets better with enough practices; need more power
2. Adjust Transmission, suspension need re-tune
3. Get the right suspension tune, time gets better with enough practices; need more power
4. Adjust Transmission, suspension need re-tune
5. Get the right suspension tune, time gets better with enough practices; need more power
6. Adjust Transmission, suspension need re-tune

You can adjust TCS, ABS and brake balance and center diff action while driving with the RA menu. The DFGT and G29 wheel have those knobs and you can set up the DS3 to use the RA menu also. I used to use pushing down (to click) on a stick to bring up the menu then the D Pad to adjust whatever.

At the Nurbergring I never set my transmission for Dottinger Hohe as I want to pass all the race cars way before I get to that point.

I do this on my G29 in this long race.
You can adjust TCS, ABS and brake balance and center diff action while driving with the RA menu. The DFGT and G29 wheel have those knobs and you can set up the DS3 to use the RA menu also. I used to use pushing down (to click) on a stick to bring up the menu then the D Pad to adjust whatever.

I bring up the menu using R2 (R1/L1 for gears). Mainly use it for adjusting brake balance. Nice and quick.

Oh come on! can change TC1 and TC0 just in matter of button?
can just change TC1 before corner, then TCO after corner..

That's so much like a "Scrambler" button in E-Manage that change the Turbo Boost at fingertip :crazy:

Ford GT40. Cockpit race in race view. Tune by me. Clean race. No aids. Racing Heavy Wet Rubber. Differential Gear 7-7-7. Fast lap 7:50.926. Pass for the win at Karussell. Winning margin 28.361. If you want to try the GT40 use the brake, gas pedal and transmission to turn the car as much as possible along with steering wheel. When you are turning the car right or left the less steering input the better and prepare for counter steering opposite of the corner. The race car rear end can go to power oversteer at any moment at any corner. The picture below is the pass for the win at the first Karussell.

Like the fact that in real cars you can change the traction control on the fly, but you can't in a game? Weird.

Perhaps, they consider if u adjust the shaft at Fly Input = to the Final Output.. it's still 1;1 regardless of whatever size the OEM Engine Input, maybe..

Just spent around 2 and 1/2 hours tuning the Ford Shelby GT500 '13 for 500pp wet Nuremberg.
I am very happy how this turned out.

I go to test it out, . . . Not considered a race car.
Um, its a GT500. Less the pleased right now.

You can blame Ford for that. The Shelby GT500 was just the name given to a high performance variant of the car that was sold to the general public. It is entirely street legal. I suspect that the 500 refers to the 500HP engine. According to Wikipedia, about 10,000 of these were made per year.

I've owned 2 fords in my life, 1st was an 85 mustang. Rust everywhere, bought from a college kid for 800$. Engine was good, played with it for a week and resold it for 1,700$ to another college kid with nothing more done then vacuuming the interior, lol. Wouldn't pass inspection with the amount of rust, I told him that, he grabbed it anyway. Probably could have sold the engine alone for double that but didn't have the time.
2nd, grabbed a Taurus for a girlfriend (now my wife), 92? 93? It was the 2nd year of production I think. Spent more time in the shop on recalls then it did on the road. When we DID get it back, it blew 3 Transmissions in a years time, 2 rebuilt. 1st was not warranty, other 2 had to drop 500$ partial price each. I can't even look at a Ford now without getting a bad taste in my mouth.
So yeah, I blame Ford for lots of things, lol.
I've owned plenty of Chevys/GMC, and Dodge, and have nothing but great memories from them all.

I've got about 30 cars now, fully tuned that can't enter 'normal car' races OR 'race car' races. I really don't like this 3 classes thing. Should just be Race Car and non-race car.

2nd, grabbed a Taurus for a girlfriend (now my wife), 92? 93? It was the 2nd year of production I think. Spent more time in the shop on recalls then it did on the road. When we DID get it back, it blew 3 Transmissions in a years time, 2 rebuilt. 1st was not warranty, other 2 had to drop 500$ partial price each. I can't even look at a Ford now without getting a bad taste in my mouth.
So yeah, I blame Ford for lots of things, lol.

Oh Jeez not the Taurus. My wife and I had a Mercury Sable station wagon from that time period and had to have the transmission rebuilt after just over 60k miles. I found out several years later from a car guy that Ford under specced the radiator for the transmission so they tended to have a short lifetime.

My first car was a '75 Dodge Dart (V8) so I have a soft spot for them.

Currently I've got a '94 Impreza that I just can't seem to kill (> 200k miles on it). As a result, I've got 2 other Subaru's.

One thing I've found for snow and wet tuning over the last year, is that naturally front biased seem to perform better. By that I mean 52/48 @ 51/49 from stock without weight added. Too much front bias obviously stops helping and starts hurting, but just that tiny bit is great.
Anyway, just throwing that out there.

New tune, great speed and agility for this race;
Got 8:18:200 on test lap. Less every lap after. Only tops out around 145mph at straight, but burns on toge first 3/4 of race.
Bought new, no oil change.
Top to bottom as in game;
68/57
13.50/14.40
3/3
6/6
3/5
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00
B= 7/6 (or 6/5)

7/11/19

Power= 60%
Aero= 350/450
Weight= 2kg @ +50 (yes that says 2, lol)

Transmission
Max final gear.
Auto set 124mph
Final to 3.500

I used Racing Soft tires.

I actually think this is faster then the HSV's, which goes against everything I know for normal gt500 racing. But, wet/rain does change the rules, so se-la-vi.
Was also coming close to the Camaro in times now.

Last edited:
Took the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37 for a spin in the rain
DSC_0097.JPG

I'm a little late to the party, but I finally won this thing. I kept getting 2nd with the Focus RS WRC 07 '08. Then I tried the Lancer Evo IX GSR Tourer with soft tires and aced it on the first try. Had to dial the power down to get to 500pp.

Later, I realized that every time I used the WRC, even though I had soft equipped, the heavy-wets were automatically being equipped because of the weather. I'll have to try the WRC again with soft equipped AFTER entering.

I finally got around to the fun of getting this one done, so much so I did it twice because I could not refuse either of my two favourite cars a chance to be Rain Masters, first outing was with the TVR Tuscan Touring Car for some twitchy FR amusement [I also did the beginner event with the TVR] then I swapped for a more aggressive 4WD approach into the FTO Super Touring Car. I went with the Intermediate tyres for both cars and smoked the opposition. :D

Good find and a nice video :cheers:, I will try this car in a minute and thank you 👍.
I wish it was but It was not my idea. My local Mercedes-Benz sponsor suggested it to show in their waiting room at the dealership. If you want the tune I can give it to you as the car is a handful and it took me a good amount of time before I got it working right:gtpflag:

I finally got around to the fun of getting this one done, so much so I did it twice because I could not refuse either of my two favourite cars a chance to be Rain Masters, first outing was with the TVR Tuscan Touring Car for some twitchy FR amusement [I also did the beginner event with the TVR] then I swapped for a more aggressive 4WD approach into the FTO Super Touring Car. I went with the Intermediate tyres for both cars and smoked the opposition. :D
Great choice as Intermediates are the best for this race.

I wish it was but It was not my idea. My local Mercedes-Benz sponsor suggested it to show in their waiting room at the dealership. If you want the tune I can give it to you as the car is a handful and it took me a good amount of time before I got it working right:gtpflag:
Yes please if you would, thanks.

Yes please if you would, thanks.

SLS AMG Stealth Model

Racing Intermediate
Suspension
80-85
20.50-24.00
6-6
5-7
2-5
00-00
BB
8-7

Transmission 4.400 then Final Gear at 155
1. 3.418
2. 2.475
3. 1.895
4. 1.502
5. 1.232
6. 1.046
7. 0.920
Differential Gear
8-10-22
Power Limiter
Downforce
300-550
At the corners you will have to turn hard on the steering wheel as it understeers to some extent. Also be carefull on off camber corners as you can go into power oversteer and will have to very quick go into countersteering correction. At most of the corners you will be in a higher gear than the one recommended. And last you must pass all the other race cars before Dottinger Hohe.

Thank you @coryclifford for the corrections.

Last edited:
Back