A-spec Expert Level Rain Master: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 459 comments
That damn Camaro was so easy that when I got back in the Elise my driving went to crap lol. I tried the S2000 again for fun, couldn't even complete a lap (hate that damn car). Tried the Furai, what a terrible car as well. The Opel Calibra was great, heavy, but great, too bad I can't find a decent tune for it, that car would really sing. I suppose I should try the Alfa next, I remember that car from like GT3, great sound.
as promised

my Calibra Touring car

Tyres IM
TCS 0
ABS 1

rigidity dont know ;)

chassis:
60 58
15.85 15.05
2 3
4 4
6 7
0 0
-0.07 + 0.15

brakes:
7 6

gearbox:
280 kmh autosetup

lsd:
7 9
8 10
10 20
ratio 37:63 (39:61 is more safe)

power:
limiter 83.5%

downforce
260 450

comes to
500PP
261kw
1040 kg
weight ratio 52:48

my best Laptime so far is 7.23.332 against a Elise 111R pack :)
best time for me so far. Race winning overtake on km 12 in Kesselchen

ENJOY!

my Calibra Touring car
chassis:
60 58
15.85 15.05
2 3
4 4
6 7
0 0
-0.07 + 0.15
brakes:
7 6
gearbox:
280 kmh autosetup
lsd:
7 9
8 10
10 20
power:
limiter 83.5%
downforce
260 450
comes to
500PP
261kw
1040 kg
Don't get me wrong now, I tried this tune out and got my personal best time from it out of all the hundred cars I tried so far for this ^^ however, lol.... I have tuned this car before for another set of races and found out a few things;
(All opinion based on my experiences tuning and testing it)
1- The car WANTS high turbo if it can get it, it helps a ton, as long as its only a few hp your sacrificing to get it that is.
2- It's 'sweet spot' for weight seems to be around 1,180kg (just make sure you keep it front biased, 52/48 stock or even go 1 more to 53/47)
I tried a combo of these and your settings as a preset. Changed a few numbers a little just to adjust for the handling difference from old weight/power to new, and dropped another 6 seconds off.
Again, your settings are killer and fast as hell. The only reason I had anything to add is because I literally spent like a week straight screwing with this car with every extreme it could pull off. A week, I will never repeat, lol.

It's a great challenge. It's the lowest PP car I can win in, so I offered the challenge to you guys. I'm a big Honda fan.

Motul Civic
Civic Touring
Integra Touring
Other Integra Touring
Opera S2000
Spoon S2000
S2000 LM car

All stock. 👍

Did you run these with RH tires or did you change them to RS or IM?

as promised

my Calibra Touring car

Tyres IM
TCS 0
ABS 1

rigidity dont know ;)

chassis:
60 58
15.85 15.05
2 3
4 4
6 7
0 0
-0.07 + 0.15

brakes:
7 6

gearbox:
280 kmh autosetup

lsd:
7 9
8 10
10 20

power:
limiter 83.5%

downforce
260 450

comes to
500PP
261kw
1040 kg

ENJOY!

Wow. That car and tuned worked out really well Nihamavasa72. Great handling and speed. Possibly the best Gold so far. I used the LSD ratio at 37:63.
Cheers for a great tune.

as promised

my Calibra Touring car

Tyres IM
TCS 0
ABS 1

rigidity dont know ;)

chassis:
60 58
15.85 15.05
2 3
4 4
6 7
0 0
-0.07 + 0.15

brakes:
7 6

gearbox:
280 kmh autosetup

lsd:
7 9
8 10
10 20

power:
limiter 83.5%

downforce
260 450

comes to
500PP
261kw
1040 kg

ENJOY!
Very nice handling car Sir :cheers:, with your setup and my own transmission I did this lap time below and I made only 2 mistakes.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-05-19 12-14-07.png

I'm very happy that so many of you liked my setup. And I'm glad about all your feedbacks :)
So one by one...
Don't get me wrong now, I tried this tune out and got my personal best time from it out of all the hundred cars I tried so far for this ^^ however, lol.... I have tuned this car before for another set of races and found out a few things;
(All opinion based on my experiences tuning and testing it)
1- The car WANTS high turbo if it can get it, it helps a ton, as long as its only a few hp your sacrificing to get it that is.
2- It's 'sweet spot' for weight seems to be around 1,180kg (just make sure you keep it front biased, 52/48 stock or even go 1 more to 53/47)
I tried a combo of these and your settings as a preset. Changed a few numbers a little just to adjust for the handling difference from old weight/power to new, and dropped another 6 seconds off.
Again, your settings are killer and fast as hell. The only reason I had anything to add is because I literally spent like a week straight screwing with this car with every extreme it could pull off. A week, I will never repeat, lol.
For sure i will NOT get you wrong. I learn the most of the feedbacks and hints and suggestions given here to each track, car or setup.
To my shame I have to admid that for this track i placed a specific focus on the driveability of the car and on a neutral behaviour in all of those different curves. Therefore i did not spend much time in optimizing the engine setup or gearbox settings.
Indeed i often play around with some extra weight and a bit more power to influence the weight ratio
to my personal preference. This time the balance to me allready was that good that i didnt not even think about changing it ;)
For me i found out (with a couple of other cars) that more weight here in wet conditions is less helpfull in general. Thats why i didnt change power and weight aswell.

maybe i give it a try but this one to me allready is the fastes car on the straight. So no need of more power. Maybe the development of power makes the different... i'll think about it ;)

Wow. That car and tuned worked out really well Nihamavasa72. Great handling and speed. Possibly the best Gold so far. I used the LSD ratio at 37:63.
Cheers for a great tune.
Glad to hear you liked it. You even took the more "agressive" setting, but you use a wheel right? So thats good to know because this setup originally was made for DS3 and it seems to work with a wheel also.

Told you guys! It's a great car, just needed a great tune.
Not the question :)
I liked it since the quickmatch event some weeks ago

Very nice handling car Sir :cheers:, with your setup and my own transmission I did this lap time below and I made only 2 mistakes. View attachment 547466
you're wellcome "Sir" :)
My best lap so far was the 7.23.332 as mentioned above thats a total of 8.01.something ... also with one or another mistake (is overtaking over the green at 240kmh a mistake ?? ;) )
So again you found a the couple seconds i lost somewhere ;) i have to be more carefull i think :D

Maybe you like to share your transmission so i can come down to 8.00 aswell ?

Last edited:
Nihamavasa72, completely agree.
What works for me might work for 1/2 of everyone, but might not work with everyone else anyway.
And almost every car I used/tuned in this race ended up with 0 weight added, because normally in snow/dirt/rain/wet conditions adding weight is very bad.

Most of the cars I have, i bought with a specific race and PP in mind. But once in awhile I buy a car just to play with it.
I test it stock, test it at max power, test it at minimum power, max weight, test again, middle weight, test again.
I wish I did this with every car.

Nihamavasa72, completely agree.
What works for me might work for 1/2 of everyone, but might not work with everyone else anyway.
And almost every car I used/tuned in this race ended up with 0 weight added, because normally in snow/dirt/rain/wet conditions adding weight is very bad.

Most of the cars I have, i bought with a specific race and PP in mind. But once in awhile I buy a car just to play with it.
I test it stock, test it at max power, test it at minimum power, max weight, test again, middle weight, test again.
I wish I did this with every car.
For me i just start fidling around with weight if i don't get a PP-limit without or if the balance does not fit to my driving.
especially for long fast corners i adjust understeering and oversteering both successfully by changing the balance.

Therefore i did not spend much time in optimizing the engine setup or gearbox settings.

Gearbox settings are something I really need to learn how to do, as I've seen them make ALL the difference. I can usually overcome a bad handling car, but I can't overcome how the power is put to the pavement, or the top speed. All I normally do with the gearbox is make sure that I'm redlining at the very end of the longest straight with the FDR.

I fully suspect that some of our "alien's" are just guys that really know how to tune a car to a track, especially the gearbox, but I'm sure they won't help me with it (for obvious reasons).

Gearbox settings are something I really need to learn how to do, as I've seen them make ALL the difference. I can usually overcome a bad handling car, but I can't overcome how the power is put to the pavement, or the top speed. All I normally do with the gearbox is make sure that I'm redlining at the very end of the longest straight with the FDR.

I fully suspect that some of our "alien's" are just guys that really know how to tune a car to a track, especially the gearbox, but I'm sure they won't help me with it (for obvious reasons).
your right considering the importance of transmission setting.
For me it is still mor effort to stay on the track and hit the right or at least the wanted line than to setup the transmission :D

To do so i also miss a graph which says something like "your max speed with this setting will be" as it was in older Versions of GT.
The graph in the transmission setting is totally useless without any absolut values.
I would have to setup the hole thing drive 3/4 of the Nordschleife to find out that its too short or too long at the Döttinger Höhe ... That would be extremly anoying i think :)

your right considering the importance of transmission setting.
For me it is still mor effort to stay on the track and hit the right or at least the wanted line than to setup the transmission :D

To do so i also miss a graph which says something like "your max speed with this setting will be" as it was in older Versions of GT.
The graph in the transmission setting is totally useless without any absolut values.
I would have to setup the hole thing drive 3/4 of the Nordschleife to find out that its too short or too long at the Döttinger Höhe ... That would be extremly anoying i think :)

Man, if your getting times in the 7:20's then noone is going to doubt your methods, lol.👍

Back