Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
This race was fun. I'm sure I will be running this race several times over the next week. I used my Shelby Cobra 427 for my first run. I've been working on tuning this car myself, off and on over the past couple of months, and I thought I had a pretty good setup...until running Big Willow. :lol: :D Sure, I won the race over the Chrome Line Shelby Cobra 427, but there were some white knuckled moments out there. My rear almost came around on me a few times at VERY high speed. Braking into Turn 9 was an adventure every lap. The rear would get so unsettled. Oh well... Looks like my first ever tune still isn't finished... :D :lol: :banghead:

Stock 15th Anniv. GT40 MK1. Spun out three times on the SH tires, and came in third behind two Cobras. I'll try this again before I consider spending credits on tires or tuning.

Edit: I only tried it on my alternate account where I only run stock prize cars. Tomorrow I'll keep my GT40 on the tarmac, and then use my tuned cars on the main account.

Last edited:
Firebird Trans Am won on first try. Tbh, it's got no business beating a GT40. PD broke out the rubber bands for this one.

Re-ran in the GT40, same gold result but that interior. So good.

Last edited:
350 GT @ 510 PP took lead early in lap 3, then rabbit Blue Chrome line 427 stayed 1 sec behind until finish. First try used a '66 Cobra too but was so far ahead got sloppy and hit the sand and ended up silver. Dipping into 1:25 laps should be enough for win.

Used the first car I come across in my garage which was my GT40 MK1. Turns out, that car was also overkill as I took the win easily.

This race, besides giving me much needed practice on Big Willow, has also given me the best excuse to go out and buy all the American Muscle I hadn't purchased yet. :D I just purchased a 1969 Camaro Z28 and slapped on a tune by @Bowtie-muscle (I skipped the ballast and increased power to hit 550PP). Wow... What a great car. Fast, but also very well planted. Bowtie-Muscle did an incredible job with the suspension setup and LSD tuning for this ride... I believe he said he was using Big Willow as a test track for this car and it shows...

You can find the tune here: LINK

Just like @ALB123 I used the Chevy Camaro Z28 '69 but with simple settings (soft suspension and topspeed to 290kmh and up to 550pp), Got 1st in lap 2 and lapped two cars in the last lap.
O, btw, same story with the leaders, slow at first and after the overtake, they wake up..
So this one i'm doing again with stock cars.

I just went and used all eligible cars from the Chevy and Dodge dealerships so far, keeping them stock with no tune whatsoever, only changing the tires to match the regs. No oil change either. Won with all of them first try. The only car that I couldn't win with was the '54 Vette. Simply not enough power and basically 1 gear as 1st is useless here. I will continue to test other cars in this manner. So, no tune or upgraded parts necessary on these cars, just purchase them, buy the tires and go race. A lot of these cars could probably win with the stock tires, which I will also test out later. Good luck everyone, stay fast. :cheers:

Used the first car I come across in my garage which was my GT40 MK1. Turns out, that car was also overkill as I took the win easily.
Same here 👍
First try, I came in second after a massive roll after going off track while passing a car.
Next races I took my time to admire the other cars, stayed with my sibling and the Cobra for two laps (just enjoying) and blasted past them in the last corner.

Must say that the GT40 Mk1 was resting in the stockyard for some 8 months, while I could not really push it in stock settings and failed to win the Nürburg 24' races.
Moved it to my garage last week, used @praiano63 tune and now I'm in love with the red devil :)
Just lowered to power and left everything else as it was.
I did not even mind being on Willow this time :lol:

Found this out myself. Won the race first try in a 525-530pp Super Bee so I decided to take the GT40 out. Finished at 7:17.5xx with over a 12 sec lead on the Chrome Line Cobra. Gonna try the Mark I bone stock on SH just for another excuse to run this car

Firebird Trans Am won on first try. Tbh, it's got no business beating a GT40. PD broke out the rubber bands for this one.

Yeah, back to the ridiculously easy "races". I've now won with every car entered, including Charger 440, AAR Cuda, GTO '64, '71 'stang, Chevelle... All against GT40's & Cobra's. I'm sure those bloated, 1800kg boats could keep up with a couple historic track monsters in real life...

The first attempt I used stock Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and came third by 13 seconds. The second attempt I used a Pymouth XNR Ghia - increase the power and fit a custom gearbox - that car handles like a dream - also lapped the 1963 Corvette Coupe. It was well under the PP limit, but won easily despite the fact I had undergeared it and was slower than the AI Cobras on the straights. I used cockpit view to increase the difficulty and immersion (I'm a couple of seconds a lap slower with that view). I think next I'll switch off the HUD to make it more like a track day.

I can't remember the rabbit cars in both races, but I think the first one had a GT40, but the second which was easier to win had a chromeline cobra and normal cobra.

Third go - used my Fraissinet Mortemart Cobra replica (Blue, number 64 with wire wheels, Priaino suspension tune with power limited to a 289 motor realistic 350bhp), switched off the HUD and used the beautiful Cobra in car view - a few photos - had an enjoyable drive and won the 1st place credits.

Seasonal Cobra GT6.jpg

If you are a fan of muscle car racing check out these links:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...7-00-19-00-gmt-online-virgins-welcome.312797/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...day-jan-16th-6-30-pm-est-11-30-pm-utc.322551/

Last edited:
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78 with all weight reduction & all power parts except Intake & Supercharger. Power limiter at 91.4%. I was drafting the car in last place when I finished, with another attempt I think I would lap one car. The GT40 was only a few seconds behind me in 2nd position & 3rd place was nowhere to be seen.

I don't think much of this race. I like replayability with stock cars. This race doesn't have that. With the GT 40 and Cobra as rabbits you won't catch them with any other stock qualified cars. For example, I ran a stock XNR Ghia and made it to 3rd place. There was a 32 second gap between myself and 1st and another 38 second gap between myself and 4th. That is RIDICULOUS! I won it with a stock Cobra. My only other option stock is a GT 40. Otherwise it's mods away...

I don't think much of this race. I like replayability with stock cars. This race doesn't have that. With the GT 40 and Cobra as rabbits you won't catch them with any other stock qualified cars. For example, I ran a stock XNR Ghia and made it to 3rd place. There was a 32 second gap between myself and 1st and another 38 second gap between myself and 4th. That is RIDICULOUS! I won it with a stock Cobra. My only other option stock is a GT 40. Otherwise it's mods away...

I have to totally disagree with you on this. My post from earlier:

"I just went and used all eligible cars from the Chevy and Dodge dealerships so far, keeping them stock with no tune whatsoever, only changing the tires to match the regs. No oil change either. Won with all of them first try. The only car that I couldn't win with was the '54 Vette. Simply not enough power and basically 1 gear as 1st is useless here. I will continue to test other cars in this manner. So, no tune or upgraded parts necessary on these cars, just purchase them, buy the tires and go race. A lot of these cars could probably win with the stock tires, which I will also test out later. Good luck everyone, stay fast"

All won with either the GT40 or Cobra as rabbits. I am currently trying the Trans Am right now, also against the GT40, which has proven a bit of a challenge as the closest I can get is 1.5 seconds behind but I will win that one as well. In my opinion, this has great replay value as I am currently going through all eligible cars and winning a boatload of cash in the process. I still have a bunch of cars yet to go even, so I am pretty sure I will reach the 50 million mark just off of this event. I think I started around 30 million when I started. So again, all cars have been stock, nothing added except for tires to match the regs. Only aid I'm using is ABS 1.

In looking at my notes as I type this, I do have a correction to make. My win with the Chevelle and the Charger came with the Corvette Stingray '69 as the fast cars. All the rest though did come with the GT40 or Cobra, sometimes both, as the rocket cars. So, your statement of "With the GT 40 and Cobra as rabbits you won't catch them with any other stock qualified cars." is completely false. It can be done, keep trying. 👍

EDIT: Just got the job done with the Trans Am against the GT40...mission accomplished, on to the next one.

EDIT: Just tried the XNR Ghia with the rabbits being the GT40, Cobra 427 Chromeline, and regular Cobra 427 and finished 4th, only 2 seconds behind the leader. I even had an off track excursion and a slight disagreement with the Superbird so I'm pretty sure I can win with this car as stock with the above lineup. Got things to do now but I will be back to try again later.

Last edited:
Just tuck out my tuned Nova SS 500+ BHP at 550PP and came second but only 1.1 second behind the Cobra Chrome Line. think i could of won, tried to be cleaver and waited to pass the GT40 and the 2 Cobras on the final stretch on the final lap but the chrome cobra got away.

Take 2:
Tried again with the Nova SS but oddly only managed 3rd vs the GT40 and Cobra and was 15.6 second behind :boggled:

Take3
Used my GT40 as the Nova just wasn't going to get the job done and won by 4.4 second and was leading by lap 2. 408BHp and stock i really didn't think it would win me the race never mind winning by 4.4 seconds

vpzuc0.jpg

Last edited:

I agree. I think CargoRatt has misunderstood you. I assume by stock you mean stock tyres too. I've been trying out stock cars and can't get near the GT40 and Cobras. Second place in the Firebird on CS but by about 30s.

Wow, it took me three tries with a stock GT40 Anniv. Edition and stock SH tires. It just didn't want to stay on the road during the long sweepers.

But with @praiano63 tuned GT40 and GT350R, both at 500pp and SM tires, it was way too easy.

I agree. I think CargoRatt has misunderstood you. I assume by stock you mean stock tyres too. I've been trying out stock cars and can't get near the GT40 and Cobras. Second place in the Firebird on CS but by about 30s.

Well, if that is indeed what he meant, then I do apologize. The thing that threw me I guess is if he was talking completely stock including tires, then his post would have been better suited for the "stock" thread, same reason why I didn't post there in that thread, because my cars weren't completely stock because I did change the tires to meet the specs. Again, if I was wrong, then I apologize.

Easy and fun event. Got to try the Firebird. Great car, handles nice and has plenty of power.

Might run this again for fun with several other cars.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ynl2dJSpEYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just thought I'd drop this in as it's all about Shelby and Willow. You even get driving lessons from Pete Brock.

Edit: First time I've tried to post a vid. Clearly I suck at that... :(
incorrect code to post. use the
[MEDIA=youtube]hfo1xcnLV7E[/MEDIA] to post a you tube video.

I dug out my OLD FITT tune from last year for my Ford GT40 Mark I '66 and updated it to 1.15 handling. it's only 500PP but I've never had an issue winning unless I got over zelious and ditched it. The rabbits find some speed when you close up on them so you wont pull away but you wont get passed by them. *Note this is my FIRST wheel updated tune so if it's a little off PLEASE let me know so I can work on it. Thanks :Cheers: enjoy the drive.

incorrect code to post. use the
[MEDIA=youtube]hfo1xcnLV7E[/MEDIA] to post a you tube video.

I dug out my OLD FITT tune from last year for my Ford GT40 Mark I '66 and updated it to 1.15 handling. it's only 500PP but I've never had an issue winning unless I got over zelious and ditched it. The rabbits find some speed when you close up on them so you wont pull away but you wont get passed by them. *Note this is my FIRST wheel updated tune so if it's a little off PLEASE let me know so I can work on it. Thanks :Cheers: enjoy the drive.

Thanks, I'm gonna try that tune after I've painted my GT white and stuck some wires on it.

Back