A-spec Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car Race: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 54 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car Race: Big Willow

A-spec #58 Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car Race @ Big Willow.png

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - by xande1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

Jeje6410 GT6 Tune Garage - by Jeje6410

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
My Big Willow Muscle Car '69 Z/28 does it again. The reason I call this car by the name is due to using since the game was new and there were lots of Willow events. The base tune was @praiano63 , but it developed over a period of time just like learning the track. Looks like if I want to race this is the event I'll stick with. I have plenty of Muscle Cars to choose from. I just picked the sure thing car for my first attempt.

Attachments

• 20170921_123042[1].jpg
    20170921_123042[1].jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 49
Only had time for 1 run this morning. Went in with my birthday car; Shelby GT350.
Caught up with the GT40 with a lap and half to go, only to find it now drives like it should have in the qualifiers (it was 3rd on the grid).
Ended up in the gravel after trying too hard to catch up.
:dunce:

Used the 1978 Pontiac Firebird chicken on the hood special.

Wasnt too hard but you get walked by the 1, 2 or maybe even 3 Shelby Cobras on the straight.

I need to find a tune for the gt40 so the rear doesn't step out of line all the time. But an easy 6 minute race when I get it right.

It was a MOPAR kind of day. Loving this event almost as much as the Ascari a few months before. All of these cars have a base tune from @GhostRider65 with my own tweaks. As far as I could find @GhostRider65 has the most tunes for Muscle Cars. Isay that because if you use the Advanced Tune Finder, @GhostRider65 shows more than any other tuner. I know there are other tuners that have tunes but they are hard to find.

Attachments

• Charger.jpg
    Charger.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Cuda 440.jpg
    Cuda 440.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Super Bee.jpg
    Super Bee.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Superbird.jpg
    Superbird.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 25
  • XNR.jpg
    XNR.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 27
Thought of relaxing :cool: after being 'corkscrewed' all day at Laguna Seca ... just to find out that Willow's got a screw of its own ;) ...

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

But after that ...

A relaxing nice and easy clean run for gold in my trusty GO FURTHER Fordie GT '66, cute wing, rough tune, big fun.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

:cheers:

Last edited:
Today was Ford Day. @ROCKET JOE I rolled my GT40 today as well. :lol:As soon as I can get time to sit through the replay I'll post my upside down excursion. Thanks again to @GhostRider65 for his great base tunes. I haven't seen as many posts for this event yet. To each their own. I'm having a blast.:cheers:

Attachments

• Cougar.jpg
    Cougar.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Mach 1.jpg
    Mach 1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Shelby GT350R.jpg
    Shelby GT350R.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 66 GT40 (1).jpg
    66 GT40 (1).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 65 GT350.jpg
    65 GT350.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170926_164223.jpg
    20170926_164223.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170926_164247.jpg
    20170926_164247.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170926_164302.jpg
    20170926_164302.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
Wait. Are you telling me that the Cobras are the real bunnies here and not the GT40? After all the time I invested in my Vette and pushing it down to 419pp?? Come on! 🤬
Corvette54_419pp.jpg

So, I had to try 3 times before I get a Cobra in the roster. With 425pp and 55 on the LSD acceleration. (I think This is the first time I do a setting beyond 40 on that)
Corvette54_425pp.jpg

Last edited:
Today was Ford Day. @ROCKET JOE I rolled my GT40 today as well. :lol:As soon as I can get time to sit through the replay I'll post my upside down excursion. Thanks again to @GhostRider65 for his great base tunes. I haven't seen as many posts for this event yet. To each their own. I'm having a blast.:cheers:

I am very happy that you find your happiness with my dear friend @GhostRider65 tune :cheers::cheers:. They are beautiful tunes as my dear friend @GhostRider65 knows how to do. :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

Today was GM day. I ran the 64 GTO and a bunch of Chevies. Thanks to @GhostRider65 for those good base tunes. I'm having loads of fun. I haven't run my Chrome Line Cobra and my Pontiac Firebird. I'll add those to this post tomorrow. I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. :cheers:

Attachments

• 64 GTO.jpg
    64 GTO.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 54 Corvette.jpg
    54 Corvette.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 63 Corvette.jpg
    63 Corvette.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Nova.jpg
    Nova.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Camaro SS.jpg
    Camaro SS.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Stingray.jpg
    Stingray.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 454 Chevelle.jpg
    454 Chevelle.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 20
C'mon, who wouldn't want a Chrome Gold Superbird! :lol:
View attachment 675633
Coming from someone who had painted a Karmann ghia with a chrome chip just for kicks, it may look to some as "tacky", but considering the "look at me" style and the choice of factory colors available to the superbird, it looks nice IMHO
I didnt had enough time, but this is a entertaining race and not as bothersome as the recent italian only race. If anything The cobras doesnt add as much challenge and difference in performance as the Dino or the Lancia did

My camera was stuck in selfie mode, don't know how but that's Murphy's Law for you. The second issue was I couldn't enter my Chrome Line Cobra so I had to buy another one, yet there is a Chrome Line Cobra that is one of the AI. Typical issue of PD. The Trans Am was ok but the Cobra was when my phone decided to go into selfie mode. I got the best shot I could from the replay. Well ran the last 2 eligible cars left in my garage. Once again the tunes were a combo of @GhostRider65 and myself. Both cars I did not have to change anything. I guess now I'm going to start lowering my PP, which the majority of the cars I ran were at 500 PP instead of 550 PP. I could try them completely stock from the dealership with only an oil change and tires.

Attachments

• Trans Am.jpg
    Trans Am.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170927_130257.jpg
    20170927_130257.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 13
My camera was stuck in selfie mode, don't know how but that's Murphy's Law for you. The second issue was I couldn't enter my Chrome Line Cobra so I had to buy another one, yet there is a Chrome Line Cobra that is one of the AI. Typical issue of PD. The Trans Am was ok but the Cobra was when my phone decided to go into selfie mode. I got the best shot I could from the replay. Well ran the last 2 eligible cars left in my garage. Once again the tunes were a combo of @GhostRider65 and myself. Both cars I did not have to change anything. I guess now I'm going to start lowering my PP, which the majority of the cars I ran were at 500 PP instead of 550 PP. I could try them completely stock from the dealership with only an oil change and tires.

Chrome Lines don't have a year indicated, that's why ( in case you didn't already know ).

A GT40 can easily get a time of 6:45 something and with no wing 👍.

Hey @fordlaser, my bad, I'm a guy who gets ambitious reading such statements :rolleyes:, if you want me to lose my mind you might mention a runtime of 6.30 in your next post :scared:.

Possible times depend a bit on the race and the opponents and where you meet them on track.
If you're at a sub 6.50 pace you gotta lap about 6 cars on the final two laps and you can easily lose a couple of seconds if you do it defensive and with care.
Btw I did these seasonal A spec races only once the past years, just to be done with it.
It's fun though atm, thanks guys :cheers:.

Back