• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 58 comments

JogoAsobi

Premium
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

LagunaSeca.jpg

Period of Availability:
07/10/2014 - 07/24/2014, 3:00 GMT
(Click here to convert to your local time).

Single Race:
Duration, 5 Laps.
PP: 550 , Tires: SM or less.
Nitrous cannot be installed.
Eligible Cars, Normal Car.

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari GTO '84
Aston Marton V12 Vantage '10
BMW M5 '05

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.44,000
Silver: Cr.52,000
Gold Cr.88,000 + Matte Gray paint chip.

SRF is optional.

Course Conditions:

Time, 13:30.
Precipitation, 0%.
Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, rolling start.

LagunaSecaTrack5L.jpg

Tunes:

Ferrari California '08 - @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 - @GTP_CargoRatt - Cargo's "Rattsnest" Hot Lap Speed Shop

Jaguar XKR-S '11 - @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

KTM X-BOW R '12 - @praiano63 - Praiano GT6 Tunes

Maserati GranTurismo S '08 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

NSX Type R '02 - @Acan - AVRG. (Acan's Virtual Racing Garage)

Toyota 86 GT '12 - @GTP_CargoRatt - Cargo's "Rattsnest" Hot Lap Speed Shop

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP may not be updated daily between 7:00 and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone.

-----------------------------------------

BMW M5 @ Laguna Seca Onboard

-----------------------------------------
When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.
-Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
1:35 to 1:36 laps were enough here. Some AI nuttiness running into the sand but not too bad. Stingray GT Concept '13 with a computer chip upgrade was more than capable.

Easy win in the Honda nsx type-r in this one. The driver's artificial intelligences in this game Is still messed up but not as bad as it was in the lmp race.

A piece of cake with my optimized Evora...

A walk in the park as usual... pass the leader by the end of lap 2/ beginning of lap 3...

Won this with the AE X-Bow R that I used for the last Intermediate Event. I used Praiano's standard X-Bow R tune. You can't get the gearbox to get the same ratios in 1st gear, 2nd gear, but the others are close. This is the same car that I used to take my alternate account from 10 mil credits to almost 20 mil credits grinding 160,000 credits every 7 minutes. The car handles like it's on rails and as usual Praiano's suspension, gearbox and LSD settings have never failed me yet.

On another note please take advantage of GTP_CargoRatt's offer to tune for you. He has helped me a lot and is almost always the fastest in the Time Trials events of my friends list. I'm sure his talents at tuning are as good as he is a driver. I'm going to take him up on his offer for Mount Panorama.

Won this with the AE X-Bow R that I used for the last Intermediate Event. I used Praiano's standard X-Bow R tune. You can't get the gearbox to get the same ratios in 1st gear, 2nd gear, but the others are close. This is the same car that I used to take my alternate account from 10 mil credits to almost 20 mil credits grinding 160,000 credits every 7 minutes. The car handles like it's on rails and as usual Praiano's suspension, gearbox and LSD settings have never failed me yet.

On another note please take advantage of GTP_CargoRatt's offer to tune for you. He has helped me a lot and is almost always the fastest in the Time Trials events of my friends list. I'm sure his talents at tuning are as good as he is a driver. I'm going to take him up on his offer for Mount Panorama.

Thank you for the endorsement my good friend, appreciate it. I've just went ahead and created my own thread for this in this sub-forum, so go ahead and make your requests there. I just thought having one thread for this would make it a little easier for everyone and me also, that way I'll only have one thread to check ensuring I don't miss anyone's request. :cheers:

Disregard.

GTP_CargoRatt please do a tune for me on the '09 ZR1 Corvette for the Mount Panorama event. I already have the car and have tried a few other tuners but nothing to fit my driving style. I prefer to out brake the AI into the corners but also have the ability to pass on the outside if necessary. I have a DFGT and a Wheel Stand Pro V2 that I got for Father's Day. Thanks in advance.

GTP_CargoRatt please do a tune for me on the '09 ZR1 Corvette for the Mount Panorama event. I already have the car and have tried a few other tuners but nothing to fit my driving style. I prefer to out brake the AI into the corners but also have the ability to pass on the outside if necessary. I have a DFGT and a Wheel Stand Pro V2 that I got for Father's Day. Thanks in advance.

I can and I will. 👍 Tune will be posted in my thread I have just created in this sub-forum.

For the Intermediate level non race car challenge, i used the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 15th anniversary edition.

Might come back with a race report but for now, I'll just say it was a very easy race with my NSX Type R '02.

I used the same car in the last intermediate race, but in that post I misattributed the source of my tune. Praiano does amazing tunes, but the tune I used actually came from AVRG. (Acan's Virtual Racing Garage) @Acan did an amazing job on this car. It was a favorite of mine back in GT5 (to the point where I gave it a name), and it continues to serve me well in GT6.

If write in on here then somethings WAY to hard or kind of a why am I getting Gold so so easy because I am not that fast by any stretch of the imagination.. I used @GTP_CargoRatt trusty 86 GT '12 and got gold on my first attempt(never happens).. So I said lets see how the second round is? Plucked my Jaguar XKR-S '11 which had @praiano63 tune already at 550 and I'll be damned if I didn't get Gold with ease on the first shot! SO.. to the rest of you who I read everyday getting golds with ease (I know who you are!) and I cant even get a clean lap, Is this one a fluke and just a waste of time easy? I have not gone to Mount Panorama yet so I could be there for days! lol Just wanted to know the general consensuses of these events?
Thanks...

If write in on here then somethings WAY to hard or kind of a why am I getting Gold so so easy because I am not that fast by any stretch of the imagination.. I used @GTP_CargoRatt trusty 86 GT '12 and got gold on my first attempt(never happens).. So I said lets see how the second round is? Plucked my Jaguar XKR-S '11 which had @praiano63 tune already at 550 and I'll be damned if I didn't get Gold with ease on the first shot! SO.. to the rest of you who I read everyday getting golds with ease (I know who you are!) and I cant even get a clean lap, Is this one a fluke and just a waste of time easy? I have not gone to Mount Panorama yet so I could be there for days! lol Just wanted to know the general consensuses of these events?
Thanks...
Hi Adubs, try it in an un tuned , stock standard car with about 400 /450 pp for a more difficult challenge, you will be surprised. :)
I try each of these A specs with as many stock cars as possible and start from the lowest PP and work my up , its lots of fun ;)

:cheers:

Hi Adubs, try it in an un tuned , stock standard car with about 400 /450 pp for a more difficult challenge, you will be surprised. :)
I try each of these A specs with as many stock cars as possible and start from the lowest PP and work my up , its lots of fun ;)

Thats a great idea.. NOW! lol before I would of said you nuts cause i need every PP or HP I can get.. To be honest.. GTP_CargoRats tune is at 480 on the 86 GT and I didn't touch it so I kinda of did that? lol Just because that car is my go to car and I don't want to F-anything up! But I am going to take that challenge on the last round (not go all the way to 600pp) and see how bad I get my doors blown off! ahah Shoot me back down to earth real quick right? I am going to go back to the first couple and do that though so thanks for another way to approach it!! Cheers!! :cheers:

Hey @joeledward .. I used @shaunm80 tune of the BMW M3 Coupe '07 i got from him at the second round so it was 50pp under what I used the first time. He makes really great tunes(They suit my driving style well) so 80% of the credit goes to him and the rest to myself even though I did not gold it! I had an AI that was smoking Crank or something and I could not get by him coming down the hill to the final hairpin. I took a respectable 2nd, learned a little bit more on how to drive the track and drive a beautifully tuned BMW which made it that much more enjoyable!! I'm going to eat something, take a break and come back in a bit to make it a clean sweep for the first time in my 7 month experience with Gran Turismo!! :lol: Hopefully when I get a couple years in It will be fun to be able to contend with everyone on here that are so much faster! Have to crawl before you walk so wheel time is what i need. Patience is a virtue!! (except when you need to go fast and pass AI to achieve your goal) lol Thank you @shaunm80 again for the tunes!! They are SOLID!!!

Good on you @Adubs5 👍
@shaunm80 tunes are solid and are always good for Gold. I have used them on many events .
The game and seasonals are so much more enjoyable when you challenge yourself and go for the harder win rather than the easy win. You also learn more about correct lines and techniques and this will serve you better in TTs.

You will keep on improving and hopefully work your way up the TT leaderboard soon.
Keep at it :)

This event is easy, and i'm a bad driver.
Used the Audi R8 5.2 FSI, soft suspension ( no change)
all of the drivetrain stuff.Changed Diff settings.
No engine tuning at all, just power reduce to 93.3%
weight reduction Fase 3.

And i use the gamepad with D-pad and Buttons, somehow i can't handle the analog sticks ( guess i'm to old for that ;-) )

Uploaded on my youtube channel, and no this is not an attempd to get subscribers..
greetz

Good on you @Adubs5 👍
@shaunm80 tunes are solid and are always good for Gold. I have used them on many events .
The game and seasonals are so much more enjoyable when you challenge yourself and go for the harder win rather than the easy win. You also learn more about correct lines and techniques and this will serve you better in TTs.

You will keep on improving and hopefully work your way up the TT leaderboard soon.

Thank you for those kind remarks. Happy to help out :)

Good on you @Adubs5 👍

Thanks Joel.. I like your method.. It can do nothing but help in this game. Heck, It goes the same way in life!! I have always concentrated on driving line, breaking points, how a FF and a FR or MR handle.? I'm def. on the same page with you! Its not as easy as getting 10 million credits, buying the most expensive fastest cars, stomping on the gas and expect to win or even finish a race! lol I have no where to go but up!! No expectations. Its slowly coming naturally easier.. Well...Easier for someone who has played the game for 7 months!! Sad I get excited about gaining a 10th or learning a certain track so I am not in gravel trap every other corner!! Its the little things!! ahaah:lol: AND... That is what makes this damn game so addicting!!

Ok.. what is with the corvette that is sideways at the end of the long straight on the first lap EVERY TIME now! This happening to anyone else.. I heard someone else say something about it earlier but its there every time and I get a 10 sec. penalty for it.. haha I'm not hitting the brakes next time!! I'm going W.F.O (Wide F-ing Open) and maybe the game cant fix it fast enough? I restart it real quick and go!! haha

Easy win with my 520PP FTO. AI did divebomb me at the Corkscrew in an LFA but I saw it coming and left some room, overtook back on the next corner and pulled away without any real issues. Didn't use SM tyres, only had SH for that car so I just went with it.

I used my Light Car Company Rocket to win this. All I did was add 15kg of weight to reach 550pp. Won the race by about 3 1/2 seconds over a GT-R Black Edition.

Won it with my mildly tuned LFA. Battled for first on the 4th lap with an LFA Nurburgring edition. What seemed weird to me was how slow a new GTR was. I overtook it like it was just standing still. I think it's an AI glitch.

yes - Laguna one of my favorite tracks - Mazda F-1 or whatever it is called, fairly easy victory.

Might do this one and Silverstone more even though the other one has a bigger pay out for gold.

Nice Job - PD - now lets get a whole series of different race events going like GT5

Back