A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 54 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Daytona Road Course

coCOKDM.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Period of Availability: 13/11/2014 - 27/11/2014, 03:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Categories: Normal Car
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.130,000
Silver: Cr.78,000
Bronze: Cr.65,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT FLUORESCENCE 006-W paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: Daytona Road Course
Track Length: 3.56 miles / 5729 m
Time of day: 13:00
Temp: 28-29ºc
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Won this one easily also with my Celica XX 2800GT '81. Probably won't return to this one as I don't really care for the road course part of this track. Off to the final challenge. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Last edited:
Effortless victory in my 'Stingray L46 350' here.... tho the Gallardo seemed to be half asleep as he followed me around for the last three laps.

At first I wasn't too sure, but I actually NEED to do this event a lot over the next couple of weeks. I am not good on this track. Over the weekend I had the pleasure of racing with @t_wilson01 and some other nice GT6'ers and just like I was in this first attempt at the event, I was all over the place with my turns. Just missed apex after missed apex. There aren't many turns -- this is a fast track! So, it's important to run the infield section smoothly and I just...don't. I either end up running wide or I turn in too early and have to correct my steering -- either way I'm losing valuable time.

Hopefully I will have the discipline to put the work in on this track. The event is easy enough to win. My BMW M3 '07 did just fine against the Ferrari's and LFA's. Why not take advantage of this track practice and earn a few credits in the mean time? :D

BTR'86 eventful win first time, the AI started getting real pushy at turn 1, or was I too cautious? and then I got sloppy at the two hairpins. The Cobra rubberbanded away but the Ruf was much faster on the fast parts so pin that one.

I guess in Japan they haven't changed clocks as these came out at 10 pm Eastern time, was always 11 before.

Used my trusty RUF RGT. I was feeling a little adventurous, so I used a manual transmission, which I never do, but I wanted an excuse to play with my G27's shifter paddles. :) Anyway, an easy race in my 500 PP tune of the RGT. I probably could've done it stock, but I didn't try it.

Wooooooo!

*rubs palms together

I like it when Kaz gets busy and starts throwing driving chores my way. Now . . . to start looking at my weapons on wheels.

Good luck, everybody. Enjoy!

only 2nd or 3rd post here. these seasonals look like there gunna be enjoyable, i wanna use a ruf for this one im thinking, is there any good tunes floating around lads?

only 2nd or 3rd post here. these seasonals look like there gunna be enjoyable, i wanna use a ruf for this one im thinking, is there any good tunes floating around lads?

Welcome to :gtpflag: Some advice, watch your grammar, punctuation & use of caps. (Read the AUP) The mods will rip your fingernails out... :lol:

For all the tunes you want, try here.

At first I wasn't too sure, but I actually NEED to do this event a lot over the next couple of weeks. I am not good on this track. Over the weekend I had the pleasure of racing with @t_wilson01 and some other nice GT6'ers and just like I was in this first attempt at the event, I was all over the place with my turns. Just missed apex after missed apex. There aren't many turns -- this is a fast track! So, it's important to run the infield section smoothly and I just...don't. I either end up running wide or I turn in too early and have to correct my steering -- either way I'm losing valuable time.

Hopefully I will have the discipline to put the work in on this track. The event is easy enough to win. My BMW M3 '07 did just fine against the Ferrari's and LFA's. Why not take advantage of this track practice and earn a few credits in the mean time? :D
That's the spirit. 👍

I used a stock Aston Martin V8 Vantage with the power limited and on sports hard tyres. It took two goes to win against a Lexus LFA which was much better on the brakes. The Aston weighs nearly 2 tons and for once I had to start braking before the AI, which made it an enjoyable and challenging race. The huge weight of the car and SH tyres really punished any mistakes on the infield. I passed the other cars on lap 3, but it was to and fro with the Lexus LFA for the last part of the race.

Try the Aston - I think you'll enjoy it!

What the....?
I enter with a Corvette C7 500pp
And i get two LFA's with both more than 540pp? (the normal and the nurburg version)
I did win, but it was tricky.
Fun race..
So the gallardo is also as leader possible, hmmm 546pp, 1pp less than the LFA Nurburg.
I'm going to have fun with this race in my other accounts.

Finally managed this in my GT-R SpecV. It was rough though, I spent the better part of two laps looking in my rear view mirror blocking them. Super BM, but it got the job done.

Was feeling lazy and used the Scirocco R '10 I tried in the recent FWD event at Bathurst... it worked like a charm so no complaints here!

Cheers

I used the Shelby Series 1 with @shaunm80 tune from the Sierra TT. Just adjusted the final gear to 3.550. It tops out at 162 mph which was fast enough to outrun the Ferrari 430 that was the rabbit in this race. I've only run it once. I only bought the car for the Sierra TT, but Shaun's tune was so good that the car is a blast to drive.

:confused: I do have a question for those who have run against the Nürb LFA. What top speed does this car run? I easily trounced the Ferrari through the road course but on the last lap it was like he got a burst of nitrous on the straight at the finish line. I still beat him by 1 sec., but my car was bouncing the rev limiter @ 162.

This was good fun in silvia s13 K's. I used a nice tune by RIDOX here. NISSAN Silvia S13 K's Bee Racing Replica.
Once I caught up to the 430 it was a fairly even race with my driving skill. My lap times were around the 1.59-2.00 area but theres room for improvement with cleaner driving. Fastest lap in the race i just did was by the CTR yellow bird in 9th wih a 1.57.

Thought i would add that i just used default transmission ratios and changed the top speed to 280kph. Also kept the medium tyres on :)

Last edited:
won in my trusty blue 288 GTO but final lap was touch and as i made a little mistake on the final section.

BMW M4

obviously no tuning

fine on corners but the 540+ gallardos and f430 scuderias eat you on the straight and it becomes the 'real ramming simulator'

did it fine but heaps of unsportsmanlike driving due to the PP discrepancy

Back