A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand G Trail

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 42 comments
427 Cobra is surprisingly good on dirt. I put 200kg on the rear, set the differential real tight and raised it up to max height. Doesn't dominate, but it can win consistently.

GOLF IV R32 was a blast. Went back for seconds. Great track, Great fun. Love the odd selectoins of oppos. Still working on getting 1st in rwd car. Closest I was in a Boxer. Any tune suggestions for fun rwd?

Schwimwaggen - Just jumped in and set off without checking the tune. I didn't realise that if your car is so slow that your AI driver can't keep up with the parade lap pace, you start even further behind than normal. By the time we reached the start line and I was handed control, the P11 car was already half way up the hill. It pretty soon became apparent that the gears were less than ideal (later remembered it had last been used at Apricot Hill), but I pressed on and had passed a couple of cars when I got to the very tight left-hander before the steep slippery bit. Floored it in first and came to a standstill, then started rolling back down the hill.
With shorter gears and the turbo changed from high to mid-range it was a different matter. With loads of torque and loads of grip it was pretty competitive. I got narrowly beaten a couple of times by a Subaru then tried a different line up and won against the RGT.

Floored it in first and came to a standstill, then started rolling back down the hill.

:lol: Not having to actually imagine that experience I couldn't help laughing out aloud. I've had that happen a couple of times - and not just in the Schwimmwagen. Awesome win against the RGT in that! 👍

The Ram is a lot of fun here. Go with semi racing exhaust, and outside mic for best experience. Nice V8 sounds without all the gear whine.

Floored it in first and came to a standstill, then started rolling back down the hill.
He he. I had the same probs as you did by just grabbing it with whatever tune I'd used last. And like you said no11 is gone by the time you get to the Starting line.

This race is kind of a joke when you can just wall ride every corner and win easily. It's kinda fun if you race clean though.

It is pretty easy, but really fun. I killed it a couple of times with my 99 Subaru that was last set up for tsukuba. Raised it up about 10 in front and 20 in the back and it was golden. Even the gearing was fine. The first right hander on the downhill is the only place I smack the fence and it's not on purpose and not every time.

I still had a Mitsubishi Airtrek at 500 PP on dirt tires somewhere. It's like a Lancer Evo minivan, pretty cool.
Not exactly a clean race, but still an easy win.

Eiger Nordwand G Trail .jpg Eiger Nordwand G Trail _1.jpg

Back