A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand G Trail

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 42 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand G Trail

A-spec #38 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand G Trail.png

A-spec [#38] Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Eiger Nordwand G Trail.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Yeah my race had heaps of wholy inappropriate cars like the 350z s14 s15 TVRs Camaros the new Dodge Charger sedan and even the Boxster (!) and Tesla (!!).... ironically I used the prize car... short gears, 185mm jacked up SUV suspension, 40/60 power split. The car is a monster out of corners.

I used a Range Rover for this race, an old CargoRat tune from waaaaaaaay back, and it still did the job well, easy gold.

But I want to use a Subaru 22B here, wonder if ShaunM80 has one...

I used a Range Rover for this race, an old CargoRat tune from waaaaaaaay back, and it still did the job well, easy gold.

But I want to use a Subaru 22B here, wonder if ShaunM80 has one...
Not on Dirt tyres I'm afraid. Only the STI '10 version.

Absolute delight in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition! Thank you PD.

The track is very extreme but the opponents are very slow. Brake early and gentle, turn in early and gentle. Tickle the throttle to reduce wheelspin.

Avoid counter-steering because 4WD will snap back the other way. Straight steering will usually be enough to bring the nose in line. Or very delicate counter-steering if you have an extreme slide.

Try to brake in straight lines. Do counter-steer if it starts to spin during braking. Try to straight before that situation, though.

Fun challenge: win the race 100% clean. No wall touches, no car touches. 3rd try I managed it and saved the replay - the camera angles are really creative/hilarious/authentic in equal measure.

the red Evo VI price car won it with three awfull 2.07 rounds ... but the track is real fun ... and a lot potential for me to improve :)

EDIT: just improved to a 2.04
very nice race

And the Sedan WRX STI '10 is even better to controle.
as fast with a bread and butter setup ... fantastic

Last edited:
First time I ever won a dirt race. It was all possible with the awesome tune by shaunm80 on the '10 WRX STI. The track is really fun to drive once you get out from behind all the dust. I ran back to back 2:15's with a last lap of 2:12. I'm sure this car and tune are under 2 minute laps in better hands. Already have the prize car so another one for the Stockyard.

Attachments

• 20160310_170033.jpg
    20160310_170033.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 42
It wasn't clean but I managed this in a lightened and power reduced TVR Tamora just now. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 was the rabbit.

I was using TCS: 2 to have some chance of getting the power down. Had to feather the throttle a lot as well. That 8C overtook me during the final steep uphill! The AI have superhuman throttle control. They drive like machines...

Fiat 500 (modern 'Lounge' version) got me within 4 seconds of the leader. Until that steep uphill towards the end. Finished 8 seconds behind. It was the ultra fast Camaro 2010. Maybe big power and heavy weight actually works better here?

EDIT: Abarth 500 got me 4.7 seconds behind the 8C this time. Wasn't a clean run but I would've taken it!

Peugeot 106 Rallye had great looking stats but had the worst wheelspin of anything I've tried. Apart from the Stratos. But the least said about that the better.

Last edited:
I wouldnt imagine the FWD cars would have much of a chance around here? Problem is there's a lot of uphill-ish and sharp-ish corners that would obviously favour 4wd cars.

I tried and failed with Stratos, not enough traction to get up the hills. I think I will stick with 4wd cars for now. The Peugeot 205 is a great car to use here. Ran the Honda Dual Note and it was pretty neat with the hybrid power kicking in.

Weird event with a load of RWD cars, but at least it was something different. Used a Celica GT-Four, easily won and had quite a bit of fun sliding about.

Back