A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 77 comments
Tried the Elise 111R '04 first, and no problem against the rabbit '84 GTO Ferrari. Then I tried the Caterham?!?! I just barely passed the Ferrari in the twisties coming up the hill on lap5, but then he caught up to me after the jump and before the last corner. I hugged the inside for the first apex, drifted wide for the last cut in to the second apex and he nailed me so that I went sideways and he took the win while I fishtailed for second.

That ticked me off, so, I fired up the race again and this time I passed him on lap 4. He seemed to suddenly find the nitrous button because he kept bugging me all the way through lap 5 to the tunnel where I was able to corner way faster. I then kept the narrow lead all the way to the finish. Pretty cool for 150 some HP methinks. And fun racing!! Give it a shot if you get bored.
Cheers, Pete

I suggest the S2000 (EU) '03 for this one.

Managed laps of 1:13 to 1:16.

Because of the reverse race happening on an uphill, while going through the S turns towards the end of the lap, it felt more like a drift trial than a race. This car was so much fun drifting around & finishing 1st with ease. I even watched the replay to my heart's content. Initially I had my doubts as the Viper GTS '02 was the lead car but my car beat it quite comfortably.

This reverse track should be have a time trial even.

Use a 'school bus' to get the gold, ka..ka..ka. Very challenging. Those AI car will bully the Sambabus if too near to them. Really fun. Try it yourself.:cheers:

Eiger Nordwand - Short Track.jpg
Eiger Nordwand - Short Track.jpg
20150327_165421.jpg

I tried a stock Chevrolet El Camino first and got 9th, then a Merc C63, but still wasn't fast enough - the speed of the rabbit car / driver seems to vary a lot. Eventually did it in the Suzuki GSXR.

I just had a fun run at this in the 'Lamborghini Miura' on CS tyres... total time 6.58... beating the 'Viper GTS' by almost 2 seconds. :D

Tree'd. I was just about to post something about the Miura. Very fun on this course though I cringed every time the AI swerved in my way scratching up my new paint job.

I tried this last night with a Suzuki Swift bad choice for me. Then I switched the Suzuki got half through and I got booted off PSN so I took that as a sign to go to bed. :lol:

I also use the Suzuki GSX-R/4 for this event. Of course this guarantees a nice and easy win, but try this:

On lap one, when it comes to the first hairpin uphills, turn right into the pit lane!!! :lol:
This is almost a looong track of it's own and you have no control - you are driven. :eek:
At the end of the pit lane there's nearly a minute to the leader (rabbit was a BMW M5).:nervous:

And yes - you can still win it! Made it in the very last lefthander for glory...:)

chalk up another one that i like better in reverse

funnily even in reverse you get some big air on that jump

also 519pp Nissan r390 is the rabbit

I gave drifting several hours a try but I couldn't get it done even once. So I decided unless someone comes here into my living room showing me how it's done I will just ignore it all together. :)

I like this one in reverse more than normal as well. Same with autumn ring, that one in reverse is soooooooo much better than normal as well. :) PD just designs their tracks in the wrong direction!

i disagree,i prefer the normal direction on both mentioned tracks.
personal taste i guess ;)

I gave drifting several hours a try but I couldn't get it done even once. So I decided unless someone comes here into my living room showing me how it's done I will just ignore it all together. :)
I don't even look at the drifting events anymore. It's been months since I've attempted one. Heck, it might be almost a year! :rolleyes:

After running this particular event several times, I've stopped hating the layout as much as I did when I first ran the seasonal event. Still, I prefer the layout in it's regular configuration.

i disagree,i prefer the normal direction on both mentioned tracks.
personal taste i guess ;)

Yeah personal taste probably, for me it mainly depends how corners flow into each other. For this particular track I really like the zig-zag hairpin uphill climb now but it took me a while to get it right. I also really like the 180 degree turn just before the finish line (reverse), it goes so much faster and smoother in reverse than in normal. For autumn ring reverse the difference in fun between both directions is HUGE for me, in normal mode I don't even like the track, in reverse I love it! :)

Wanting something different, I bought and set up a couple of RUF cars this week and decided to try them on this event. I'm just an average driver with little experience in these cars. The 3400S was fun and made it easy, the RGT was very quick and a blast to drive here. Praiano tunes, no oil changes, cut the power back.

Wanting something different, I bought and set up a couple of RUF cars this week and decided to try them on this event. I'm just an average driver with little experience in these cars. The 3400S was fun and made it easy, the RGT was very quick and a blast to drive here. Praiano tunes, no oil changes, cut the power back.

Done it and won with the BTR, Yellowbird and the RGT, all on CS and only aided by ABS. Just love fighting the BTR. Using SH makes it too easy laping all cars by the end of round 3 or early lap 4.

Reverse direction is a nice twist. Need to run 1:14s to beat a GTO that must have well over 500pp. Used a V-Spec R33 '97 to overtake coming out of the tunnel on the last lap.

What are the chances no one will pipe in to use the GSX...?

Okay. Plant the seed. Thanks. Thanks a lot. I did give the GSXR a whirl. The Shelby 350 Mustang was lot more fun. As were...heck, just about anything else. Guess it's not always about the gold.

Tried this for the first time last night and used my untuned S2000 .... I haven't had as much fun on GT6 in ages .... it took me over an hour to get the win over the Zonda, but that whole time I had a massive grin on my face ..... so much sideways :D:tup:👍👍

This event was fun with the Elise Sport 190. What it lacks in power is certainly made up in the corners. Managed to squeak past the leading R8 in the last corner for the win.

I also prefer the reverse layout of this track. It's fun screaming down the hill through the tunnel and careening around the first left hand bend, especially with the Elise.

Okay. Plant the seed. Thanks. Thanks a lot. I did give the GSXR a whirl. The Shelby 350 Mustang was lot more fun. As were...heck, just about anything else. Guess it's not always about the gold.
Impreza '10, Integra DC5 good winners too. That long left sweeper after the tunnel is a fun curve as is timing/braking just right the next sharp right uphill after the wooden bridge,

Back