A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Eiger Nordwand Short Track / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 77 comments
I really like the reverse version of this track.
Much better than the normal version, and had loads of fun with my tuned RX-7 Spirit R Type A(FD) '02. (I think Shaunm80/exeter made the tune for 550pp and i just got it to 500pp.)

Having tons of fun here with fast 4WD cars. Driving them like rally cars through the esses, handbrake and all. Seems to be working quite well:

Ford RS200 '84 - 6:21.817 - BL, 1:09
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V GSR '98 - 6:21.650 - BL, 1:09
Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B-STi... - 6:18.673 - BL, 1:08
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 - 6:18.151 - BL, 1:09

Closest thing to rally on tarmac that GT6 has offered so far. I knew it would pay off sooner or later when I decided to learn how to drift in GT6. :D

Decided to give the Elise a bit of a workout this morning. Average lap time 1:08, and got a couple of 1:07's. Exiter suspension and diff, just lowered the top speed to 130 and tuned the power for more torque because of so much uphill.

Eiger%20Final.jpg

Last edited:
Impreza '10, Integra DC5 good winners too. That long left sweeper after the tunnel is a fun curve as is timing/braking just right the next sharp right uphill after the wooden bridge,

Can I get an "Amen" on that? Love those two. Of course I also love the left turn set up before the tunnel...crap, guess I like that whole thing.

Did this in my now blinged-out Fit RS and beat the Zonda C12. Suck it, Pagani. :D

The track is def. better in reverse, very likely because it's more fun to take long straights downhill and curves upward for easier braking.

Yeeee-haaaa! :)

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track.jpg

Arm-wrestling my wheel in the hairpins is quite an effort but other than that it's easy gold in a bare bone stock Ferrari 365 GBT4 '71. After the intermediate seasonal @ Spa Francorchamps a few weeks ago, the ugliest but most fun-to-drive Ferrari strikes again... and how! This is f:censored:in' insane!!! Seriously, try it out for yourself, it's one of the most fun rides I had in the game so far.
Wow you just introduced me to an unknown gem

Turned up the Honda City to around 470pp, with the SH tyres. Once I'd got the measure of the rising hairpins, I managed a win at around 6:55 total.

Tried a few runs in Isuzu Piazza, at 450 then 480ish pp. many tweaks improved the times, and loose rear end but I couldn't best third place at 7 mins, 7 secs behind an R8.

Entered an Impreza '09 STI, used to own a '10 WRX, close enough ;) Kept it stock save for CS tyres, tcs & abs off.

Like many others I enjoyed the reverse version of the track, loved being able to be brutal on the car and slam it into the corners - had great fun trying to float it flat-out through that kink leading to the tunnel :) Gave the gearbox hell coming up the hairpins, have to watch it washing out on the big first one but you can still brake plenty late. I wasn't quite able to beat the two rabbits with the car stock, but as with the beginner challenge just adding a sports cat was enough to make the few seconds I needed to win. Good fun, I might go back and have another go without the cat if it's still up.

Gotta make sure the 'ole XKE is recorded as one of the winners, too.

Attachments

• 0405151118.jpg
    0405151118.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 12
Had a go in a Lotus Esprit V8 SE from 1998 - No driver aids and I am not sure what tyres I had (I guess they were Sporty Hard, but I want to think they were actually Comfy Softs.) but The tyres felt like the weak link as I badly mucked up the first Big corner (After the avalanche proof tunnel) - After I mucked about for the first two laps, I got my focus and reeled in the leader to get an improbable win after my first lap troubles.

- A Simple tip if you want to use an overpowered car - just hold formation for a lap or two. Then, Cry 'Havoc', and let slip the dogs of war!

Is this track really 10 years old?

Last edited:
Had another go (3!) in a RS-R RX7 Mazda 1997 or so
Top fun 441PP - but still an easy win but the car handles so well.
But don't try a round the outside pass into the Avalanche Tunnel as the AI will squidge you into the side of it.

Final Right handed Hairpin gets longer every time!

Back