A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Indianapolis Road Course

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 33 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Indianapolis Road Course

A-spec #31 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Indianapolis Road Course.jpg
A-spec [#31] Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Indianapolis Road Course.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
WRX STI Ring edition does it easy.

This track I'm ambivalent about. Forza drivers will hate it since its always in rotation but it never seems to be used in GT6.

Stock TVR Griffith - V8 Roadster. bit of a throwback to the old Offenhauser days.

Very easy win - watch out for the AI brake testing you into the penultimate corner.

I have two great cars which are great fun around this track. The first one (Mazda RX500) is a tune I created for CoTM so if you use it and like it, feel free to review it. The second car is just perfect for this track in every way. :)

Mazda RX500 '70

Link here

mid-field-raceway-jpg.424528

The second car - What could be more perfect than a high powered american muscle car?

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03

Link here

series1img1500sh-jpg.213149

Won with the Hyundai Genesis. Didn't do so great because i don't drive in Indianapolis that much (never actually) so i had to be cautious.
I'll use a American car now, because America

View attachment 429779

Lotus Europa Special '72.
404 PP, all stock except from a limited slip differential.
SH tyres, no driving aids, no ABS.

Had to drive on the edge from start to finish, lots of fun :D

I may have blocked that Aston a little right before the finish line though...

Hmmm I think you might have the right idea. I've been taking cars and lowering their PP and/or dropping a grade or two with the tires. Maybe what I need to start doing is use the cars that are a real handful to drive near the limit. Your Lotus would be a good example. I can think of a few more... 👍

Knocked this out first time drifting in bright yellow Spoon S2000, gearbox was a bit short and it hit the limiter a third into the straight but it was a piece of sideways action action cake otherwise :drool: Sports Hard

I've been running this race with quite a few different cars. I've neglected this course for the last 18+ months I've owned GT6. I don't know it well, at all, so I might as well try to learn it a bit... This is twice now that I'm coming up on a car just ahead of me, probably a good 6-8 car lengths ahead, and he hits the brakes with no one in front of him just as he is getting back onto the oval part of the track. WTF is the AI doing braking with no one in front and a wide open section of track that also happens to be the fastest section of track?! This second time that I noticed was the white Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary who just happened to also be leading the race at the time. Ugh...The AI makes me want to cry sometimes. :mad: :banghead:

Easy gold on 2nd attempt with powered down FT-1.
Gonna try American Auto next time to keep it authentic

I've been running this race with quite a few different cars. I've neglected this course for the last 18+ months I've owned GT6. I don't know it well, at all, so I might as well try to learn it a bit... This is twice now that I'm coming up on a car just ahead of me, probably a good 6-8 car lengths ahead, and he hits the brakes with no one in front of him just as he is getting back onto the oval part of the track. WTF is the AI doing braking with no one in front and a wide open section of track that also happens to be the fastest section of track?! This second time that I noticed was the white Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary who just happened to also be leading the race at the time. Ugh...The AI makes me want to cry sometimes. :mad: :banghead:

Maybe he was braking for a gopher or "rabbit" that ran across the track.

0813150757.jpg

XKE used the Duckpond tune

Used many cars, the nicest being the Isuzu 4200R (it seems no one uses this car; it's nice and has an AWESOME interior, especially for a '89 car).
The hardest was with a Daihatsu Mira TR-XX, and also the nicest race i had. It has an awesome sound IMO.

Used many cars, the nicest being the Isuzu 4200R (it seems no one uses this car; it's nice and has an AWESOME interior, especially for a '89 car).

And if you look closely, it has a built-in fax. And the exhaust sounds weirdly like a church organ.

"Out of my way, little man!"

View attachment 430039
You rammed your way through....

The hardest was with a Daihatsu Mira TR-XX, and also the nicest race i had. It has an awesome sound IMO.

The Isuzu is one of my favorite cars in GT! Totally under estimated...

For this seasonal, i used the E46 M3 tuned to 488PP with LSD, and rear toe reduced to .10 from .60.

You could actually remove all the toe, because this car is so well balanced, the understeer due to any toe feels so unatural...

Remove all the toe and you wont have any trouble leading by 3 seconds or more depending on your skills... And thats driving without pushing too hard...

You could lower the PP below 470 and have a nice challenge ;)

Last edited:
First time back in a while. When did the Intermediate Races go to 3 laps? Not that I needed more laps. Took my Elise 111R with a @shaunm80 tune from way back and had a very easy race. I just need to log in for 5 days to get back to 200%. Doesn't look like PD has done much since I've been gone. I had hoped there would be some new things.

Back