• Thread starter et_
  • 120 comments

et_

(Banned)
Sweden
erazer13
elias_johansson
Intermediate.jpg

*thanks to GRANKUSTOM for the picture.:)

Period of Availability: 18/09/2014 - 02/10/2014, 3:00 GMT/UTC

Event Conditions:
Type: Single Race
Start Procedure: Rolling Start
Duration: 5 Laps

Eligible Cars:
Categories: Normal Car

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Soft or less
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr.87,000
Silver: Cr.52,200
Bronze: Cr.43,500

Gift(s):
Gold: Matte Light Silver paint chip.

Track Conditions:
Track: London
Track Length: 1,921 m
Time of day: 14:15
Precipitation: 0%

Typical Opponents:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Closest I've come is with the Rocket, a mere second behind the winner. But the fastest laps I've had so far are with the Shelby One. Still haven't won, though.

Used a fully modified Alfa 147, overtook the Ferrari SP1 that was leading 4 corners before the end, not as difficult as I thought it would be.

In this 500PP challenges we are racing against cars that previously have been used as opponents in several 550pp challenges. Is there any of the opponents cars that are under 500PP stock? Has PDI got something mixed up? Or is it ment to be like that?

I use a Elise 111R and beat a GT-R Black Edition with about 1.5 seconds.
I added a lot of power to my car and lowered the top speed.

Avoiding cars like the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and Lexus LFA Nürburgring edition in good starting positions might help those who struggle with this challenge. Those cars tend to get quite far ahead.

Detuned Zonda C12 did it for me. I'm pretty sure half the lineup exceeds the 500PP mark. These races might as well be time trials.

I got to be missing here something, I can't win this. I tried the Elise 111R and a fully tuned Swift Sport (Both 500 PP) What am I missing here

EDIT: Never mind, 500 PP Mini Cooper got the job done.

Last edited:
Wow, how cool is this. My favourite track, with cars in a great pp range. WR-X and the Maseratti are very good for easy wins on this track. The Maseratti especially is a beast on this track, beautiful to drive. Now to try a few less obvious candidates.

500pp on london reverse, brought back memories from GT5.
Audi TTS coupe '09, made mistakes the first race, not the second, got 1st in lap 5 just before the last corner.
leaders, Lfa nurburg and 430Scuderia with how much pp? look it up, much more difference then in the expert challenge.

Anyway, also tried it with the GSXR/4, 1st race, went good but overtook also just before the last corner.
2nd race, got 1st at the 3rd last corner, just had to know the car again.

Nice one, very nice.Only hard corner is the first after the start/finish line.

Well that was fun. Won it with a Honda Odyssey that was tuned (sorry, forgot who's tune it was) for the last Seasonal at Willow Springs. This van was running like a compact car.

Avoiding cars like the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and Lexus LFA Nürburgring edition in good starting positions might help those who struggle with this challenge. Those cars tend to get quite far ahead.

Very good advice. I had both in first and second place they get about 7 seconds in front of third. Found this hard before eventually giving up and used @praiano63's rx500 tune.

This also reminds me of the GT5 NASCAR london seasonal... use the AI as shields on the corners.. ahaha

Won this using TK ZZII first try using the last Tokyo seasonal setup.

I got Gold with a Rocket Car 👍 and caught the lead car a GT-R :crazy: on the back curve before the final 3 turns on the last lap and at the start he had a 40 sec lead. :cheers: Using a DS3, no wheel yet. :D

Yeah, the lineup seems to be really important. I got close with my M3, but got annihilated my first go 'round with my Ruf RGT (which is normally more than good enough for 500 PP races, especially these "intermediate" ones).

I'll say this, though: this race does seem especially difficult for an intermediate race! :irked:

Using a second-gen NSX Type R, I struggled with this event until I realized I could use sport softs. From there, I had to take a couple tries with different setups.

Ultimately, it was stage 3 weight and reduced windows, but stock hood, front weight ballast and a detuned stock engine that got me a win. I passed a 430 Scuderia on the last chicane before the finish line.

This track favors light, nimble track cars. The exotic supercars will fall if you persist.

Since I'm using a single make - Toyota this time - this is really tough. The Supra RZ I have chosen for this event will need some tuning. Could only get fifth with 478PP (oilchange) and SS tires. I'll try first with less weight, since lightness is probably crucial on this track.

WOW!! Now this was a proper Seasonal A-Spec Race... It wasn't the cleanest race I've ever run, but that has more to do with my lack of knowledge regarding the track layout. I didn't win my first attempt -- came in 3rd place. Eek! That's alright. I want these things to be challenging, even though I'm just chasing down a rabbit that had a 40+ second head start on me, I don't want to pass him on the 2nd or 3rd lap like I usually can in these type of Seasonal Events.

Anyway, I used my trusty Lotus Elise 111R. You can just throw that lil fella around the track. I had two F430's in my race! One was a Scuderia...and I also had a Gallardo and LFA to contend with. I was able to grab the lead just at the last quick right-hander just before the straight to finish line run. That run got me the 1st Place win I needed.

So, I decided to back out and reset my opponents. This next race actually proved to be a little more difficult which surprised me based on the Top 3 cars I had to chase down. The F430 in 3rd place, a Corvette Z06 in 2nd place and the Buick Special in 1st place! Wow that Buick has some incredible acceleration... Fortunately, I was able to overtake him and sort of block him through the last couple of turns - if there was a long straight away he would have shot past me. That was a nice victory.

It's funny. In that race where the Buick Special was the fastest AI car, my best lap time was 57.091 (final lap was 57.368) and his laps were steady 1:07's... For that final lap he was able to drop to a 1:03 even though I didn't catch him until like 10 seconds before the finish line. How does a car suddenly drop almost 5 seconds off his average lap time? Ahh well...We know the answer to that one! ;)

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02 was an easy win for me on this track. Aston Martin DB9 '03 is capable of winning but a bit more difficult than the Nissan.

Back