A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Matterhorn Dristelen

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 39 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Matterhorn Dristelen

A-spec #27 Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Matterhorn Dristelen.jpg

A-spec [#27] Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge @ Matterhorn Dristelen.jpg

Tunes:
Tunes for the events can be found at one of these links:

GTPlanet Tuning Database - maintained by Jordan

GT6 Tune Directory - maintained by XS

Praiano GT6 Tunes - by praiano63

Motor City Tunes GT6 - by Motor City Hami

Team-Shmo GT6 tuning - by shmogt

Exeter GT Tuning - by shaunm80

Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws - by CyKosis1973

Little Duckpond Under The Mountain - by Thorin Cain

TUNERXANDE1959 & GT6/STREET CAR/RACE CAR - @TUNERXANDE1959

Dante's gt6 tuning garage - by lldantell

Bowtie's Speed Shop - by Bowtie-muscle

The Devil's Playground - by demonchilde

Brewguy Tunes & Brews Garage - by Brewguy44

MGO Seasonal Tuning - by mgo

If you would like your garage to be added to this list, please message me with details.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I never thought I'd see a Countach as the rabbit for this race. Especially considering I chose MY Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition for this event. :D I'll never refuse a free BMW M3 '07, even considering this is now my 4th!

NOTE: You'll have to lower the power from that Ridox Replica Countach...It's slightly above 500PP.

This was a fun race. I managed it in a car set to 450pp and I didn't think if i'd get the win with the little Honda. Thought i may have bitten off more then i could handle but
IMG_4394.JPG
to my surprise it did get the win.

Last edited:
Took a few goes (more due to my ineptitude than the car’s abilities), but I did this with the ’71 Mustang Mach 1 with a few upgrades to get it to about 480pp. That was without the Countach rabbit – earlier on when I tried a different line-up that finished about 12secs ahead of everything else and even with more upgrades I doubt I could’ve caught it. Might be worth a try though….

Not really sure why I chose this car, but the metallic blue paintwork looked great in the mountain sunlight and it was an accidental coincidence with my use of a ’71 240ZG in the Beginners event.

I did this one with the beginner level prize car and really enjoyed it - took a couple of attempts to learn the track and get the gearing right - I set it low so it hit the limiter downhill, but gave better acceleration up the hills. I wish the Intermediate level challenge gave a prize car capable of winning the expert event.

Took a win in a stock TVR Griffith, lots of black lines on the track locking up into the meaty corners.
Had two Finnish drivers in the same car in the same race -
Subaru Impreza WRX STi spec C '09
A.Holopainen and H.Hynninen

They even had the very same paint chip shade, Baby Vomit Yellow Mica.

Last edited:
Boring track and boring car choice. Always the same 500 PP non-racing cars. I guess they must be really proud of the Dristelen track since it's featured so much in both the main game and the seasonals.

@nowcontrol thanks again for all you do with these thread and for linking my garage:tup:

I have more than enough of a variety in my garage to make this one interesting. Want easy, try my 2010 Camaro or Solstice.
Want a challenge, try my 97 Z28 or IROC-Z.
Many others to try also, and there are a few 500pp cars in this month's Car of The Month that would be a change of pace as well:tup:.

Link in sig, not working with my phone :grumpy:

Last edited:
I wanted to do something different (and challenging-ish) here, so I ran an F40 detuned to 500PP, no driver aids. WOW that thing likes to slide just as much as it did in the earlier GT games :lol: Anyway it made this one pretty fun, got it on the second go.

I wanted to do something different (and challenging-ish) here, so I ran an F40 detuned to 500PP, no driver aids. WOW that thing likes to slide just as much as it did in the earlier GT games :lol: Anyway it made this one pretty fun, got it on the second go.

There are quite a few decent F-40 tunes going around because there was a seasonal featuring it a couple months ago.

My turn to say thank You to nowcontrol for keeping those treads. Nice of You good Sir 👍

Yes it`s only been a little more than a month since the last intermedia A spec "race" here on Dristelen.
- That was 500pp race cars and it was way to easy and not funny...

This one however, is much better. I used my Ferrari Dino with 460pp, Sixaxis controller and no aids; except ABS. Did the race many times untill I was satisfied with my driving. Actually a good intermedia challenge.
Think I`ll try some other cars as well...See You guys`n`girls :)

Don't feel out of place. I just said the heck with the garbage and rolled a detuned MP412C. No nannies or abs also. Using the car did give me the option of stopping for tea at the midpoint.

I went with @Bowtie-muscle suggestion and broke out the 88 Iroc concept. I didn't win on the first try, but after a little on the fly tuning for the specific track, I managed to get down to 1:14.286 and got a fairly easy win. I recommend anyone give it a try. With a proper tune, this car loves this track.

Somehow won this in a 500pp Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V. on CH's... Then switched to SH's and blitzed the field. I'll try out a Rear-Drive car at some point for a comparison, because the EVO could really pull itself out of the tighter corners and uphill.

I've kept the 450PP Suzuki, won the 500PP event with it. One of the easiest ever. You don't need any of those tunes unless you like to try different cars around this interesting (because elevation difference) configuration. It was amazing how that Suzuki reaped thru the 500PP cars field.

Always easy wins with my trusty GSX-R/4, taking the lead at the end of lap three. Tried it with a stock Tesla Model S with almost the same PP's - impossible for me... :dunce:

Yep, the F40 is a fun car around this track. For the win, I added 200kg ballast and pushed all towards the front to make the back less heavy, and less tail happy. Calms the handling down somewhat, but then I removed it because powersliding through that big first left hander is more entertaining!

Back