A-Spec point superstar!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbush83
  • 80 comments
  • 7,143 views
Messages
53
Quick - Anyone who wants to rack up a lot of A-Spec points trick out a Dodge Ram and enter it in every race you can. For whatever reason the A-Spec formula does not give a 568HP (can go higher) ram a snowball's chance in any race I've done with it so far. Even in a beginner hall sport truck race that I got 18 points for with a bone-stock lightning, the Ram was awarded 175 points. In the begginer league 4WD races, I could trounce an Audi RS6 by 12 seconds in a 2 lap race and BAM 200 points.

A-Spec points were a good idea, but they may have been poorly executed.

ps - Here are the the specs of the ram as I ran it:

568HP
Stage 2 NA Tune
Racing Rom
Stage 2? Exhaust
Oil Change
VCD set to 10/90 F/R
On stock S2 tires (ya right, how many Rams are wearing AO48s in the showroom right now?)
Stage 2 weight reduction
Stock Suspension
Racing Brakes
A set of sweet black w/ yellow lettering wheels from OZ Racing

Here's the high flying A-Spec points wonder in action

 
doh, i made a new thread about what A\B Spec points were used for, and i missed this thread. so what are the A and B Spec points used for?
 
Ok then u have a lot of a spec points, .... well ok.... :rolleyes:
Oh and u have to drive that truck... no.....thanks :yuck: ;)
 
;):lol::lol: thats too funny the bad ass Ram is the A-Spec king of GT4. Who needs Escudo I know what I'm using for the Enduros and F1 championship. :) :yuck: 👍
 
👍
Max_DC
Ok then u have a lot of a spec points, .... well ok.... :rolleyes:
Oh and u have to drive that truck... no.....thanks :yuck: ;)

hater...... :dopey: :dopey:
 
How much weight can you shave off with the weight reduction? Stock it should weigh 5200 to 5400 lbs is it around 4800 or less with weight reduction?
 
Hmmm I dont know I think I'm having too much fun with my tricked out M3... can't get any better but I will try the Ram I'm planning to get all the trucks and hook them up.. :sly: just not now..
 
I for one am glad that this thread surfaced. It just shot holes in the theory of A-spec points being a sign of competitive racing.

So much for out-driving the AI in a weaker car to earn the points...

Fun though.
 
Max_DC
Ok then u have a lot of a spec points, .... well ok.... :rolleyes:
Oh and u have to drive that truck... no.....thanks :yuck: ;)

I guess i didn't make it clear enough that I think A-Spec points as they work in this game are a joke, and that I could care less about them. Carry on.
 
GILLET
Hmmm I dont know I think I'm having too much fun with my tricked out M3... can't get any better but I will try the Ram I'm planning to get all the trucks and hook them up.. :sly: just not now..


I have a ~450Hp M3 CSL right now, and it is fun. I'm just sampling a few cars right now. The Ram is kind of fun to drive right now with its weight and stock suspension and understeering madness. I have no aids on and it's hard to get it bent out of shape, but a couple of times I got a rear tire in the grass on FUJI and it went around faster than you can say "That thang got a...?"
 
cjrciadt
How much weight can you shave off with the weight reduction? Stock it should weigh 5200 to 5400 lbs is it around 4800 or less with weight reduction?

With stage 2 reduction it says it's at 4468lbs. Stage 3 would make it 4362lbs.

That's 2031 and 1983kg.

I forget what stock was, the first stage shaved quite a bit off. Seems kind of light to me.
 
rbush83
With stage 2 reduction it says it's at 4468lbs. Stage 3 would make it 4362lbs.

That's 2031 and 1983kg.

I forget what stock was, the first stage shaved quite a bit off. Seems kind of light to me.
Impressive for a AWD fullsize truck with a 350cid V8. Tuning the trucks will be a new and exciting part of the GT series. :)
 
well, they left a loophole i guess. but what are the points good for anyways??
 
rbush83
I have a ~450Hp M3 CSL right now, and it is fun. I'm just sampling a few cars right now. The Ram is kind of fun to drive right now with its weight and stock suspension and understeering madness. I have no aids on and it's hard to get it bent out of shape, but a couple of times I got a rear tire in the grass on FUJI and it went around faster than you can say "That thang got a...?"

Congratulations! On the BMW M3 CSL ride.. I'm currently playing with my BMW M3 the "cheap one", but I'm planning to get all 3 M3, what can I say I love them rides.. you know now that I think about it they are missing the '99 or '98 BMW M5.. hmm.. sad.. my M3 is on some 395HP... just earning some money for the tires right now.. :(
 
GILLET
you know now that I think about it they are missing the '99 or '98 BMW M5.. hmm.. sad..

I thought I saw on one of the car lists that the '94 1st gen M5 and the '01 M5 are unlockables... Can't wait to get my hands on that '01! 👍
 
MCX
I thought I saw on one of the car lists that the '94 1st gen M5 and the '01 M5 are unlockables... Can't wait to get my hands on that '01! 👍

Are you serious?!?!?! :drool: :drool: :dopey:

Edit: Can someone post the link to the thread that talks about the A-Spec points & what do you get when you accumulate a certain amount of them.
 
GILLET
Are you serious?!?!?! :drool: :drool: :dopey:

Edit: Can someone post the link to the thread that talks about the A-Spec points & what do you get when you accumulate a certain amount of them.

Yes I am serious... Here's where I got the info on the M5's, cross your fingers!

1. BMW 2002 Race Car
2. BMW 2002 Turbo 74
3. BMW 320 Turbo Race Car 78
4. BMW 323i Coupe
5. BMW 330i 03
6. BMW 507 56
7. BMW 540
8. BMW 700 RS Race Car 60
9. BMW 750iL
10. BMW 840Ci Sports
11. BMW LMR Race Car
12. BMW M Coupe 01
13. BMW M1 80
14. BMW M1 Race Car 80
15. BMW M3 01
16. BMW M3 Evo III 90
17. BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01
18. BMW M3 GTR Strassenversion 02
19. BMW M5 01
20. BMW M5 94

21. BMW M6 635 CSi 84
22. BMW X Coupe Concept
23. BMW X5 Le Mans Concept 00
24. BMW Z1 86
25. BMW Z3 M Roadster 01
26. BMW Z4 3.0i 03
27. BMW Z8 00
28. BMW Z9 Concept 99
 
MCX
Yes I am serious... Here's where I got the info on the M5's, cross your fingers!

1. BMW 2002 Race Car
2. BMW 2002 Turbo 74
3. BMW 320 Turbo Race Car 78
4. BMW 323i Coupe
5. BMW 330i 03
6. BMW 507 56
7. BMW 540
8. BMW 700 RS Race Car 60
9. BMW 750iL
10. BMW 840Ci Sports
11. BMW LMR Race Car
12. BMW M Coupe 01
13. BMW M1 80
14. BMW M1 Race Car 80
15. BMW M3 01
16. BMW M3 Evo III 90
17. BMW M3 GTR Race Car 01
18. BMW M3 GTR Strassenversion 02
19. BMW M5 01
20. BMW M5 94

21. BMW M6 635 CSi 84
22. BMW X Coupe Concept
23. BMW X5 Le Mans Concept 00
24. BMW Z1 86
25. BMW Z3 M Roadster 01
26. BMW Z4 3.0i 03
27. BMW Z8 00
28. BMW Z9 Concept 99


Hmm.. now that you showed me that enormous list I'm starting to think that was just another fake list.. all those BMW's cannot be in the game.. well of course I would love to have them Z9... Z8...Z's in general sound good.. :drool: ...M6.. I only wish.. but thoughtful.. sorry MCX.. I think we've been fooled.. :(
 
Max_DC
Ok then u have a lot of a spec points, .... well ok.... :rolleyes:
Oh and u have to drive that truck... no.....thanks :yuck: ;)
It's safe to say you've never driven one in real life then.
Yes I have - the owner of the chssis dyno I use to tune my car has one. Stock it put down 465hp to the back tires. That's over 500 crank hp stock, so yes, Dodge is sandbanging with the specs. It's a blast to drive.
 
Hi guys, im new GTP but not the GT series. Im not sure why you are talking about BMW's but could somebody answer the already asked question as to what the A-spec/B-spec point are used for or do, Thanks.
 
GILLET
Hmm.. now that you showed me that enormous list I'm starting to think that was just another fake list.. all those BMW's cannot be in the game.. well of course I would love to have them Z9... Z8...Z's in general sound good.. :drool: ...M6.. I only wish.. but thoughtful.. sorry MCX.. I think we've been fooled.. :(

Yeah, I've read that it might be a hoax... However that is a fairly short list with around 680 cars... Thats why I said "cross your fingers" :D I'll still hold out hope for the '01 :grumpy:
 
hacker-pschorr
It's safe to say you've never driven one in real life then.
Yes I have - the owner of the chssis dyno I use to tune my car has one. Stock it put down 465hp to the back tires. That's over 500 crank hp stock, so yes, Dodge is sandbanging with the specs. It's a blast to drive.

okay that is true, but it remains a truck, a Porsche cheyenne turbo is also very powerful, but it is a SUV... there cars are bad on the streets as well as in dirt ( although the Porsche is a bad example here, because it is not really a bad dirt car).

And how should they be good in both areas, that is impossible, and I really don't understand why SUV's are hyped...
I believe you that it is fun to drive this dodge, I mean it is powerful, but I tell you something, my car has about 290 to 300 hp (Subaru Impreza WRX STi 2002)... let's meet on the touge and I show you why I don't want to drive trucks in a racing game like GT, trucks are no race cars or sports cars, they are too heavy and the whole concept is just not meant for racing...
 
aspec points unlock tracks for free runs 'world circuits' 'originals' ect.

I haven't even tried bspec mode yet.
 
I agree they are not meant for racing, didn't mean to give the impression that they were (and I was suprised to see them in this game).
On the other hand, they are the closest thing to a modern day 70's muscle car, so maybe that is why I like them. I'm a sports car guy with what I drive, but I still love the old muscle cars.
I'm sure the feeling of driving the Dodge Ram SRT is very similar to a Hemi Cuda from the 70's. They both probabaly weigh about the same.
I do like the idea of being able to haul a load of lumber and still being able to out run most cars out there at the next red light.
 
Just tried the ram with the above settings, and I got 175 a-spec points for the first beginner series truck race :P
 
Flo_Evans
aspec points unlock tracks for free runs 'world circuits' 'originals' ect.

I haven't even tried bspec mode yet.

I'm pretty sure that tracks are unlocked solely by the passage of time. There was a thread titled when tracks are available.

The Ram is still getting 200 points in virtually every race it enters. In a race where I got 1 point with a 450HP M3 CSL - Dodge Ram 568HP + NOS ;) 200 points!
 
Thirdeye
Just tried the ram with the above settings, and I got 175 a-spec points for the first beginner series truck race :P


Ya, i got 175 for the truck series, any other race so far has been 200 each.
 
Flo_Evans
aspec points unlock tracks for free runs 'world circuits' 'originals' ect.

Incorrect, the tracks are unlocked as the days pass. Unless they have suddenly changed the system from the JP version.
 
Race Idiot
Incorrect, the tracks are unlocked as the days pass. Unless they have suddenly changed the system from the JP version.


See post #27 ;)
 
Back