A-Spec point superstar!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbush83
  • 80 comments
  • 7,142 views
rbush83
I don't know that anyone has exploited it yet, but ya I guess they could. I think the point is that the A-Spec system is flawed, and really doesn't deserve any credit. Who really cares how many A-Spec points someone has now? I found this thing with the Ram by accident. I never cared about A-Spec points to begin with. I think it was partly due to earlier threads about the merits of the system that people with the Asian copies posted. It only took me a day to find this, it's quite possible there are other flukes to be found, as in other cars who give outrageous points, who knows. A-Spec points was a good idea, and would have been cool if it was a solid system. Because it lacks in consistency, I believe it's pretty much useless. Somehow all of the variables involved in the matchup between vehicles that decide the level of difficulty were not taken into account. Something is missing. As goofy as it sounds a 568 or 726HP Ram is too fast to warrant the number of points it was being awarded. I should do some kind of comparison between the Ram and the Ford GT or M3 CSL on amalfi. I've been racing that to get the 265,000 a lot, and it's a tight track. You would think the Ram would really suck but it doesn't feel that far behind those 2 cars. They both would beat it easily, but in a 2 lap race, it's really not that big of a difference.

I'm not going to burn you, but I'm going to explain something.

A-Spec points are not bragging rights. They are a benchmark. There is a loop hole.

It is there for players that want to challenge themselves truthfully, not so you can go on the internet and brag. Yes it keeps track of how many you have earned, but it's used as a system so you can continue to play with weaker cars, and get more of a challenge.

It's a benchmark, as I said.
 
tha_con
So much for knowing what you are talking about ...

A-Spec points are calculated by:

Weight
Suspension
Power
Tires

That's all I can think of that effects the A-Spec points. Basically since the truck is so much heavier than the other cars, etc, therefore it throws off the calculation and the game gets confused.

Yes it has holes, but it's not broken. All this is, is a workaround, but it still serves it's purpose...

Well you could compare the Aspec point system to communism : nice idea on paper, but it just doesn't work... it is not motivating...strict PS classes like it GT2, that is motivating....that's only my personal opinion and don't go too deep into my
comparison by the way... don't want to get political here, just thought it matches in certain ways
 
what are aspec points...i just got the game an hour ago and im wondering what they do?
 
sp.ny
what are aspec points...i just got the game an hour ago and im wondering what they do?

Well I could tell you know to search in the forum, it has been discussed over and over, but I save your time .... for nothing... forget them....
 
Max_DC
Well I could tell you know to search in the forum, it has been discussed over and over, but I save your time .... for nothing... forget them....

LOL! At least you didn't make him search the forums just to find out that they are worthless... besides being a benchmark.

I agree that I liked the PS limit on GT2. Kept people from just going through the game, you actually had to race each time.
 
Max_DC
Well you could compare the Aspec point system to communism : nice idea on paper, but it just doesn't work... it is not motivating...strict PS classes like it GT2, that is motivating....that's only my personal opinion and don't go too deep into my
comparison by the way... don't want to get political here, just thought it matches in certain ways

I respect your opinion :)

But understand that it's not a "motivator" by any means, it's more or less a benchmark for difficulty.

It was implemented so players could judge how difficult a race was going to be.
 
Thats interesting...

Anyways to be a bit off topic what truck is the best performance wise? I need to do that truck race, And I'm not sure what truck to buy....
 
tha_con
I respect your opinion :)

But understand that it's not a "motivator" by any means, it's more or less a benchmark for difficulty.

It was implemented so players could judge how difficult a race was going to be.

I think that the word "benchmark" is a good description, but I never the less would like to have a "motivator" in the game, but I haven't... and why? beacause of the way that benchmark tries to be, what the PS class system I mentioned before, has been in GT2 : the reason to play the game >> wanting to win races against competitive rivals
 
tha_con
I'm not going to burn you, but I'm going to explain something.

A-Spec points are not bragging rights. They are a benchmark. There is a loop hole.

It is there for players that want to challenge themselves truthfully, not so you can go on the internet and brag. Yes it keeps track of how many you have earned, but it's used as a system so you can continue to play with weaker cars, and get more of a challenge.

It's a benchmark, as I said.

When I said things like who really cares about the points now, it was really in response to the post above where someone said oh crap now noobs can have high a-spec points. I personally am not the kind that would mention my A-Spec point total on the forum. I never cared about them. I guess my point for starting this thread was to post my observations. I'm dissapointed about this loophole or whatever you want to call. I too would like a way to judge the challenge level of a race, and be able to match my car accordingly. It's just that after seeing this, I don't have as much trust in the system. I can always just enter a race and gauge the competition and come back later with a better matched car, if that's what I want. That doesn't bother me.
 
MCX
I thought I saw on one of the car lists that the '94 1st gen M5 and the '01 M5 are unlockables... Can't wait to get my hands on that '01! 👍

'94 is a "2nd gen." M5 (E34). The E28 was the first gen M5 (circa 1984-85).
 
The A-Spec points unlock cars you can buy, is that right?
 
if you had read the thread, you'd see that A-Spec points are nothing except a benchmark for the difficulty level of the race you're about to enter.
 
Trucks and racing.
ok, so trucks are cool, they are neat for racing.right? ummmmm you call those things kids are souping up trucks?

When someone builds a truck seriously for racing, what do they do? Stiffen the suspension, drop it about a foot and a half or more, and close off the bed.

How is this a truck? It's not. It's a car............that looks like a truck.
There's a reason why the Subaru Brat was hated by many. There's a reason why the Subaru Baha does not in fact, dispite what Subaru says, sell well.
If I wanted a truck, the last thing I would buy is a truck with less ground clearance than my dad's station wagon........................





A-spec points
Don't bash them too hard guys. The concept behind them was that not everyone is a good racer. A-spec points is a way of allowing those who suck use a overpowered car so they can still progress through the game while still providing "bragging rights" that offer an incentive to NOT use an overpowered car.
The Ram pickup points glitch is just that............a glitch. Or in this case just a programming error. When a programmer who had been sipping java for 18 hours straight at his computer went through and entered the points variable for the vehicles, typo'd and no-one caught it later. Give the guy some slack.
 
While it may be true, I think it is to early to conclude the Ram is a glitch, as opposed to just exposing an inherent flaw in the formula. We will have a better picture over time. The scale just seems too weird, not proportional, I dunno, I'm not a mathmetician. On Amalfi, I get 1 point with a 453HP M3 CSL. Ok. I get 18 points with a 258HP Volvo 240, was it 18 times harder? No. And it doesn't neccessarily mean it is of course. I just can't see the corrolation.

edit: It is just slightly irritating to wade through the off-topic posts about enthusia gameplay and graphics and bmw lists. Thread hijacking is fairly rude and annoying. I just had to vent that. I think it's a side effect of mods requiring approval of every thread. People get inpatient, or their threads never get posted. Kind of annnoying. I've noticed many other threads that are suffering the same way. They are just all over the place.
 
S31Ender
A-spec points
Don't bash them too hard guys. The concept behind them was that not everyone is a good racer. A-spec points is a way of allowing those who suck use a overpowered car so they can still progress through the game while still providing "bragging rights" that offer an incentive to NOT use an overpowered car.

Yes I guess that was the idea. However, they forgot a REAL challenge for all the others... with the coice of a "Easy" and a "Normal" mode, each with strict PS limits in every cup, everybody gets his fun...
 
I forgot to mention that I was using the Ram with the "stock" tyres. I suppose that helped get the extra points.

I am still not entirely sure of the purpose of the A-spec points as there is nothing you can actually do with them. As an indicator of the difficulty of a race they are OK, other than the fact that you only get to see them when you actually start the race.
 
M5_dude
'94 is a "2nd gen." M5 (E34). The E28 was the first gen M5 (circa 1984-85).

Yes you're right. Set with the same engine as the M1, but 286PS instead of 278. The first 4 doors 5 real seats car able to kill a Porsche on a 0-1000m.
 
rbush83
^^Like I was saying...^^

well in this case the thread is " a Spec point superstar" concerning the Dodge truck, everything has been said about it, conclusion : that truck makes you earn a lot of useless aspec points.... let them redirect the discussuion towards other topics ... ok I see your point, it is of course sometimes annoying if the thread is about subject "X" and when you read through the pages they only talk about subjects "Y" and "Z" but this example here is not the worst I think....
 
M5_dude
'94 is a "2nd gen." M5 (E34). The E28 was the first gen M5 (circa 1984-85).

:dunce:
Touché. Guess thats why I'm not an M5_dude... heh. Thanks for the correction, though I doubt I'll do my research in any further posts, I'll just refrain from referring to "gen"s and stick to years... :dopey:
 
rbush83
It is just slightly irritating to wade through the off-topic posts about enthusia gameplay and graphics and bmw lists. Thread hijacking is fairly rude and annoying. I just had to vent that. I think it's a side effect of mods requiring approval of every thread. People get inpatient, or their threads never get posted. Kind of annnoying. I've noticed many other threads that are suffering the same way. They are just all over the place.

Ok, I see your point, I'm just sorry :guilty:
The fact is that, not having too much time to read and check all the threads, I just answer when I find something interesting. It's also a way to continue talking, after all has been sais about a specific topic.
But I will try to keep a bit more focused on the main subject. ;)
 
Back