A-Spec point superstar!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbush83
  • 80 comments
  • 7,143 views
from the posts above....is there a group five bmw?
3.5 csl??? l love that car :) as for the aspec points, it add alttle to the game
 
If you want a shiz load of Aspec points just do the driving missions.. You get 250 A-Spec points per mission
 
mustang_4_ever
from the posts above....is there a group five bmw?
3.5 csl??? l love that car :) as for the aspec points, it add alttle to the game

If group five is the same thing as 5-Series, then yes... they do have one. They have the new M5, but I think its about $115,000.
 
MCX
Yeah, I've read that it might be a hoax... However that is a fairly short list with around 680 cars... Thats why I said "cross your fingers" :D I'll still hold out hope for the '01 :grumpy:

I'm with you on that one then.. :dopey: Hopefully cause I wouldnt mind driving a BMW M5 '01... I just like that models looks and the horses.. hehe.. :drool: ... and yea those 680 cars is also including used cars, so just keep your poise.. hehe.. whatever that means.. just sounds good..hehe.. j.k
 
GILLET
I'm with you on that one then.. :dopey: Hopefully cause I wouldnt mind driving a BMW M5 '01... I just like that models looks and the horses.. hehe.. :drool: ... and yea those 680 cars is also including used cars, so just keep your poise.. hehe.. whatever that means.. just sounds good..hehe.. j.k

An old man on my street has an '01 M5 light blue and he never breaks 45 MPH with it. Only drives it around town on the sunniest of days and has another car that he takes out of town. :crazy: He should let me break it in for him! :dopey:
 
rbush83
I'm pretty sure that tracks are unlocked solely by the passage of time. There was a thread titled when tracks are available.

The Ram is still getting 200 points in virtually every race it enters. In a race where I got 1 point with a 450HP M3 CSL - Dodge Ram 568HP + NOS ;) 200 points!


this really sucks, i hope this bug won't be in PAL. btw, in how many races can you enter the RAM?
 
GILLET
Hmm.. now that you showed me that enormous list I'm starting to think that was just another fake list.. all those BMW's cannot be in the game.. well of course I would love to have them Z9... Z8...Z's in general sound good.. :drool: ...M6.. I only wish.. but thoughtful.. sorry MCX.. I think we've been fooled.. :(

Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're right. I Don't have the game for now, but from what I've seen of pictures, photos videos or threads, there are many BMW cars in MCX list that don't seem to be in the game......yes I know it's a shame, would love like you all to drive the M3 E30 evo III or a 2001 M5.......but i'm afraid we won't be able to.
 
snypa
Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're right. I Don't have the game for now, but from what I've seen of pictures, photos videos or threads, there are many BMW cars in MCX list that don't seem to be in the game......yes I know it's a shame, would love like you all to drive the M3 E30 evo III or a 2001 M5.......but i'm afraid we won't be able to.

Pehaps you saw ENTHUSIA pics... that game has a lot of bmw's (also old ones)....
 
lnasphinx
this really sucks, i hope this bug won't be in PAL. btw, in how many races can you enter the RAM?


the problem is that the programmers know little about mathematics.

if, like, on car is 2 times heavier, it shouldn't get 2x aspec points but maybe 1,4x
(root square or i don't know how it's called in english....)

it seems that the aspec points system wasn't 100% finished
 
interesting thread, Ive got a 740 hp nissian skyline '96 but Ive got a buncha money so I might try out that M3, its hawt too!

The ram trick seems interesting Ill have to check it out.








thanks fo the tip! :)
 
Johnhannibal
Ah damn that car is ugly, but you americans probably love it


What car? Or are you referring the big bloated ugly truck that eats gas like nothing else on earth with horrible reliability problems!
 
Max_DC
Pehaps you saw ENTHUSIA pics... that game has a lot of bmw's (also old ones)....

You must be right. That's why I'm also considering buying Enthusia when it comes (and if it seems to be good) , it even provides the 3.0 CSL. (see my avatar).
 
snypa
You must be right. That's why I'm also considering buying Enthusia when it comes (and if it seems to be good) , it even provides the 3.0 CSL. (see my avatar).

I played it on the Leipzig Games Convention last year for about 1 hour and it is a great game so far, comes pretty close to GT in terms of gameplay, especially if you compare it with other racing games. It was even more realistic (or just harder ?) and I ordered my japanese copy of it, so I'll post my impressions by the end of march, well only, if there is no delay of course....
 
Max_DC
I played it on the Leipzig Games Convention last year for about 1 hour and it is a great game so far, comes pretty close to GT in terms of gameplay, especially if you compare it with other racing games. It was even more realistic (or just harder ?) and I ordered my japanese copy of it, so I'll post my impressions by the end of march, well only, if there is no delay of course....

Ok, thanks, that's a good point.
It will be interesting to have your opinion once you get it....and I hope they 're not so keen on reporting delays everytime !
It could be fine to have a serious competitor, that would pusch PD and force them to do even better. How did you find the graphics were ?
 
Yes, the BMW list is a fake. The only cars in the game are:

BMW 120d ('04)
BMW 120i ('04)
BMW 2002 Turbo ('73)
BMW 320i Touring Car ('03)
BMW 330i ('05)
BMW M Coupe ('98)
BMW M3 ('04)
BMW M3 CSL ('03)
BMW M3 GTR ('03)
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ('01)
BMW M5 ('05)
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ('97)
BMW V12 LMR Race Car ('99)
BMW Z4 ('03)

I really like the M5. Tuned up it leaves the M3's for dead.
 
lnasphinx
the problem is that the programmers know little about mathematics.

if, like, on car is 2 times heavier, it shouldn't get 2x aspec points but maybe 1,4x
(root square or i don't know how it's called in english....)

it seems that the aspec points system wasn't 100% finished

i think you don't know how programming works. the biggest part of proramming is pure mathematics (logarythms etc.). but in one point you're right, the aspec points system really seems not finished.
 
I hate this trick. Newbs can say that they have 50million A spec points because they always use the RAM. Lousy exploiters. :grumpy:
 
RogsR34UK
I really like the M5. Tuned up it leaves the M3's for dead.

Rogs, Can you tell me if the M5 is different from the M5 concept that was in GT4P ? I did'n enjoy it too much in GT4P, I found it was too heavy, with lot of understeer . But I couldn't change anything about the set up in GT4P.

To confirm what you said, I saw some lap times posted by Kensei on the Nurburgring, and yes, the M5 seems to be very fast, by far faster than than the M3. (which surpised me a bit, If my memories are correct, the M3 CSL, in real life putted on this circuit one of the fastest times ever )
 
Nemo
interesting thread, Ive got a 740 hp nissian skyline '96 but Ive got a buncha money so I might try out that M3, its hawt too!

The ram trick seems interesting Ill have to check it out.








thanks fo the tip! :)


Get it. The CSL is very good. Fully tuned, I used it to win the supercar series 👍

Or use it to enter the M races and win the M3 GTR road car. Even better.
 
Event Horizon
I hate this trick. Newbs can say that they have 50million A spec points because they always use the RAM. Lousy exploiters. :grumpy:

I don't know that anyone has exploited it yet, but ya I guess they could. I think the point is that the A-Spec system is flawed, and really doesn't deserve any credit. Who really cares how many A-Spec points someone has now? I found this thing with the Ram by accident. I never cared about A-Spec points to begin with. I think it was partly due to earlier threads about the merits of the system that people with the Asian copies posted. It only took me a day to find this, it's quite possible there are other flukes to be found, as in other cars who give outrageous points, who knows. A-Spec points was a good idea, and would have been cool if it was a solid system. Because it lacks in consistency, I believe it's pretty much useless. Somehow all of the variables involved in the matchup between vehicles that decide the level of difficulty were not taken into account. Something is missing. As goofy as it sounds a 568 or 726HP Ram is too fast to warrant the number of points it was being awarded. I should do some kind of comparison between the Ram and the Ford GT or M3 CSL on amalfi. I've been racing that to get the 265,000 a lot, and it's a tight track. You would think the Ram would really suck but it doesn't feel that far behind those 2 cars. They both would beat it easily, but in a 2 lap race, it's really not that big of a difference.
 
I wonder if the Tacoma and Lightning score as well as the Ram Gotta try these trucks out.
 
cjrciadt
I wonder if the Tacoma and Lightning score as well as the Ram Gotta try these trucks out.

In the one sport truck race I did with the lightning, it got 18 points, stock, not even an oil change. THe 568HP Ram turned around and got 200 points. Go figure.
 
snypa
Ok, thanks, that's a good point.
It will be interesting to have your opinion once you get it....and I hope they 're not so keen on reporting delays everytime !
It could be fine to have a serious competitor, that would pusch PD and force them to do even better. How did you find the graphics were ?

Well, I stood 50 cm in front of a small middleclass TV, but I liked the grafics, and if you look at the latest videos on www.konami.com you see that there is not a huge difference to Gran Turismo 4. I think that it will be a great game...
 
snypa
Yeah, unfortunately, I think you're right. I Don't have the game for now, but from what I've seen of pictures, photos videos or threads, there are many BMW cars in MCX list that don't seem to be in the game...

Not MY list mind you :D .... Just something I found on the 'net... Which we all know that if it's on the net, it must be true!!!! weeee :dopey:
 
MCX
Not MY list mind you :D .... :
Ok, I correct it, the list you posted. Anyway that was not a criticism, just my point of view.....don't want you to have a heart attack when you realize after a few hours of play that there aren't 50% of the BMW you expected to find.... :crazy:

MCX
Just something I found on the 'net... Which we all know that if it's on the net, it must be true!!!! weeee :dopey:
Eternal optimistic ! :) Hope you was joking.... :sly:
 
snypa
Ok, I correct it, the list you posted. Anyway that was not a criticism, just my point of view.....don't want you to have a heart attack when you realize after a few hours of play that there aren't 50% of the BMW you expected to find.... :crazy:


Eternal optimistic ! :) Hope you was joking.... :sly:

Heh... Nothing wrong with a little optimism. I wonder if the Skyline guys will have a heart attack when they realize after a few seconds of car shopping that they have 400% of the GT-R's they expected to find... :dopey:
 
The M5 is fully modifiable (over 750 HP) and can get some decent weight reduction. I also fitted a wing for some downforce.

I tried the Tacoma the other day, tuned (but not fully) and scored 2 points a race at the truck Series. My fully tuned Ram gave a minimum of 113 points on the series.

Using it at the Clubman Cup (no gearbox swap but the rest of the upgrades) and scored 200 points a race and was winning by between 20 and 30 seconds. At this point I did the Costa di Amalfi race series with it for a cash boost (and 200 A-spec per race). It did not turn that well on some of the corners but still won comfortably.

Did the gearbox swap to improve the accelleration (400 metre time was 11.289!) and did the NA series scoring 200 points a race. Also got a few 200 scores (lowest of 177) on the Beginner's 4WD series. Ridiculous as the thing goes pretty well and is not too much of a handful.
 
200 points for the Ram in almost any race and only 2 for a non fully tuned Tacoma "Where is the Love".:crazy:
 
MCX
I for one am glad that this thread surfaced. It just shot holes in the theory of A-spec points being a sign of competitive racing.

So much for out-driving the AI in a weaker car to earn the points...

Fun though.

So much for knowing what you are talking about ...

A-Spec points are calculated by:

Weight
Suspension
Power
Tires

That's all I can think of that effects the A-Spec points. Basically since the truck is so much heavier than the other cars, etc, therefore it throws off the calculation and the game gets confused.

Yes it has holes, but it's not broken. All this is, is a workaround, but it still serves it's purpose...
 
Back