A-spec Race Challenges #5: 07/08/2014 - 21/08/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 267 comments
I am not at my PS3 right now but I have been told that most of my 550pp tunes are capable of getting gold. for the nurburgring, my Toyota hybrid TS030 is a gold tune and my ford gt lmp II is also a gold tune.

Tsukuba was easy, used my CRX with a few mods - AI is only quick once you're in the lead.
Silverstone I used a stock GT-R Spec-V and stomped it, got into the lead on T1 of lap 2.
Nurburgring was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Had to run a 6:31 lap to beat the Zonda in my Nissan Z GT500 Base Model.

I am not at my PS3 right now but I have been told that most of my 550pp tunes are capable of getting gold. for the nurburgring, my Toyota hybrid TS030 is a gold tune and my ford gt lmp II is also a gold tune.
I'll add all to OP when I get the time (tomorrow)

I tried the Nordschleife with the TS030 and Bhowe83's tune for the Red Bull Ring seasonal (though I needed a lot more engine restriction to get to 600PP, probably because mine had had an oil change). After a couple of failed tries due to crashing while attempting high speed overtakes, I got past the leading Ford GT before the long straight but it drafted up along side me at the end of the straight. Going through the fast kink under the bridge he hit me from the side and spun me, ended up third.

So I changed the final gear from 4.000 to 3.700 for more top speed on the straight. It was also easier to drive through the entire lap with less torque, easier to manage wheelspin out of turns. Got past the GT before the straight, and he wasn't able to draft up to me, so it was a comfortable win.

I was able to win a few times with the TS030 bone stock. Great chance to grind a bit and learn the track better!

Really, REALLY disappointed in these races!!! :(

My 7 year old son did the first two (a Rocket for the first, and a GTR Anniversary issue for the second) without any problems!

I did the last one with a tuned down 2J.

In comparison with some of the TT's, just a joke, really.

Very, very disappointed...but the paint chips are welcome, I guess. Just..really expected more.

Really, REALLY disappointed in these races!!! :(

My 7 year old son did the first two (a Rocket for the first, and a GTR Anniversary issue for the second) without any problems!

I did the last one with a tuned down 2J.

In comparison with some of the TT's, just a joke, really.

Very, very disappointed...but the paint chips are welcome, I guess. Just..really expected more.

I haven't had a chance to even try the events yet - I'm sure I will probably struggle with the Nordschleife event - but if you think the event is "just a joke" why not try it with a less insane car than the 2J? That should certainly make it more of a challenge, don't ya think?

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten gold on the Expert level event. Based on the times I see you guys posting, I'm a little nervous. I can't wait to give it a go!!
Me too!!!!

Hey WhoosierGirl...Some people here led me to believe that you had left GTPlanet! I'm glad to see that they were wrong... 👍

Hi, this is my first post on gtplanet and I wanted to share my Nordschleife races with you.
Finally did it on my 4th try..

Audi R8 LMS ultra Phoenix '12
7:07,515
3rd
+ 0:21,628

Winner: Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
7:36,603

Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
6:53,490
4th
+0:05,535

Winner: Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car
7:38,921

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
6:44,441
2nd
+0:00,863

Winner: SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca)
7:34,494

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12
6:34,314
1st
-0:01,665

Second: SRT Viper GTS-R (Team Oreca)
7:26,985

OP updated with links to tuning garages and tune directories instead of single tunes.

If you find a good tuning garage that is not listed, please link it so I can update OP:)

Well, I finally got a chance to run the Expert Level Seasonal Event at Nordschleife. I had a feeling I wasn't going to have a chance by using the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car detuned to 600PP and I was right. :-(

The Pagani Zonda LM Race Car won with a lap time of 7:31.236 while I came in 2nd Place with a lap time of 7:00.566... I believe I was 20.013 seconds "behind" the winner. Damn rolling starts... LOL! I should mention that I barely came in 2nd place...I overtook the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo Race Car right at the finish line... I beat the NOMAD Diabo across the finish line by 0.072 seconds. Can you say close?

I knew this was going to be a VERY difficult Seasonal Event for me. I'll have to give it a try with my Toyota T030 and see how I do. God, I hope I don't end up buying the 2J for 2,000,000CR because who knows if I'll even be able to win with that car...

I'll have to give it a try with my Toyota T030 and see how I do. God, I hope I don't end up buying the 2J for 2,000,000CR because who knows if I'll even be able to win with that car...

Haha.

I loved Nurburgring so I actually bought three different Le Mans prototypes just to test them out in this race. Just max out the downforce on one of those TS030 tunes and you should be good to go.

If you're not sure, you can always backup your save game first before you buy the car. However, 2J is definitely a must-have IMO. It is the best car for any 600-650PP race car event.

Hello everyone. In this event, I achieve gold with Honda HSV 15 Anniv (fantastic car to handle for me). (I did not tune the car just adjust PR to 600). My time was 6:35. I tried several times (like 7), until I was able to avoid other cars that forces me to reduce the speed in the curves. This is the real target to achieve in this event. Regards.

Hybrid racecars do have some good points on the expert event.
i did it with the pescarolo hybrid.
Other people used the Toyota hybrid racecar.
I had the pescarolo already, but buying a racecar for more than 1.000.000 credits for this race??
Thank god PD did not add penalties in this event!!!!

For the 550pp i used the audi tt coupe '09.
For the 450pp i used the mazda roadster RS NC '07
The beginner and intermediate are simple if you always play GT6.
and using the GSX/R is too easy.

The hardest lately are the a-spec expert races.
I must say, it is frustrating, but i like it.
I did not use any info from gtplanet and messed around with my own simple settings.
Feels nice that i can do this myself.

Hello everyone. In this event, I achieve gold with Honda HSV 15 Anniv (fantastic car to handle for me). (I did not tune the car just adjust PR to 600). My time was 6:35. I tried several times (like 7), until I was able to avoid other cars that forces me to reduce the speed in the curves. This is the real target to achieve in this event. Regards.

Yes, the key here is to do a clean race and be able to pass other cars without slowing down too much.

Basically, you should try to pass the leading car before the final long straight; usually around galgenkopf and just block it until the finish line.

It would be nice if they could spruce up the seasonal track roster and PP limits. Seems to be going through the same phase GT5 did for a long time with going over the same few tracks at the same PP. Don't forget that you have plenty more options available PD.

When i first saw the Intermediate event, i was like '550PP/street on SH tires?' HELL YES. The official GT events say that SH tires are perfect for 550. I love it. Then i saw the 450 race, with the same tires. Slight facepalm.

How did you get Praianio's 2J tune down to 600pp? On his page he has it tuned for 650pp. I'd love some help on this race. Thank you!
Use 79 kg ballast instead of 49 kg, and change engine output with the Power Limiter.
If you have not done oilchange, then set engine limiter to 71.7%
If you hve already changed the oil, set the limiter to 67.6%

Everything else is the same as Praianos tune;)

And if you want a really fast tune, You'll set it up as this instead: (however it might not be as drivable as praianos tune, it will certainly be faster if you can take advantage of it.)

Suspension
65/45
11.85/14.30
4/6
4/7
7/7
0.0/1.0
0.10/0.30

Brakes
6/5

Gearbox
Max speed: 270 kmh
1'st: 1.720
2'nd: 1.270
3'rd: 0.980
Final gear: 2.830

LSD
5/35/5

Last edited:
Hey WhoosierGirl...Some people here led me to believe that you had left GTPlanet! I'm glad to see that they were wrong... 👍

I know I heard the same thing, repeatedly, lol. Not true though.

I really enjoy the expert race, used a few different cars so far.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Well these were fun....... until the Nurburgring. Lots of swearing and other shenannigins went on. Took 10 tries (made 2.2million :D ) but on the 11th finally did it.

Grid was: SLS AMG GT3, Corvette C5 Race Car, R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix, IS-F Touring car, Falcon V8 Supercar, Nomad Diablo, R8 LMS Team Playstation, 350Z Concept Race Car, Calsonic GT-R GT500, Autech Motul GT-R GT500, Keihin HSV-010 and my R34 Skyline Touring Car.

Kept the same grid the whole time as I didn't want the Zonda for a rabbit. Also I was usually within a second at the line. Kept getting held up by the Z for a few attempts, got spun out at the Karoussel in a few attempts and generally poor driving the other attempts.

Finally won it with a 6.43.3 over the Corverre 7.40.4 Difference at line was 1.2 seconds. Got him on the loooooong straight going into the kink.

So happy thats over. So is the car. The left side is a wreck. It was making cars move out of the way when frustration kicked in :D

Wow... @WhoosierGirl is killing it with a nice variety of cars. Again, congratulations to everyone who has gotten Gold on the Expert Level so far. For those still trying...Keep at it! I'm just about to start my second attempt at the Nordschleife and I'm trying to decide which car to attempt it with...I see such a variety of cars mentioned. I don't want to buy a Chaparral 2J even though I know it's an awesome car, but if I can't make it with something cheaper, I'll have no choice. I will be so bummed if I still don't get Gold even with a 2J. LOL I will be in tears...

I did it with the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model, I think it's about 1.1m to buy, so cheaper than the Chaparral but still not cheap. I ran it stock, so with some tweaks it should be even easier to drive. The other thing to keep in mind is the lineup...there are some cars that make it difficult to win and some that make it a bit more manageable, I can't remember the lineup I had but I know it didn't have as many LM cars at the top. Good luck 👍

The wierd thing I just notice is when I do the expert races, I gold it a lot easier then when I do the trials. I guess I been racing with the guys online way too many times.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned using a Mazda RX-7 Touring Car and getting Gold. That sounded interesting and I didn't own the car yet, so I plunked down $220,000 and dropped a few more bucks on tuning it to my satisfaction. Sadly, I came in 3rd place this time. I drove terribly. I was going into corners too hot, jumping curbs and landing on the grass like a maniac and I had a LOT of trouble passing a few cars. My practice run was very encouraging, but my race run was just awful.

I've attempted this event twice now. My first run was a 7:00 lap. This time I dropped a 6:57.430 to the winner's lap time of 7:36.676...I was 11.887s too late. :( I think I'm going to have to try either my TS030 or my C60 Hybride tomorrow...I really want to get Gold on this track!!

TS030 made it on the third race. Had the same line up in all, chasing the Kokusai McLaren.

First round, changed top speed to 350 and limited power for 600pp, came up 2nd at about +13sec with 6:48.

Second round, changed top speed to 320, came up 2nd at +2sec with 6:36.

Final round, applied suspension, brakes, lsd and downforce from Bhowe83's tune, ended up 1st with 6:30, four seconds ahead of the McLaren. Passed the Kokusai before the long straight and he wasn't able to catch me on the straight.

Just a brilliant setting for this car. All the understeer was gone and you could really push the car like maniac in virtually every corner.

Edit, funny thing though while watching the replay you could see the headlights of the car reflecting from track boundaries and trees like it was night although it actually was daytime.

Last edited:
I'm going to go through these with a bunch of different cars, listing the ones I won with. I will only adding and tuning the custom transmission, racing brakes, custom suspension, and LSD. No power parts, aero, or weight reduction will be added.

First up in the Beginner Challenge at Tsukuba I used and won with the Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70
PP 351
HP 123

I'll post the link here to the tune tomorrow.

Back