A-spec Race Challenges #5: 07/08/2014 - 21/08/2014

• Thread starter et_
  • 267 comments
Gold 2nd attempt with a detuned 2J. I was to lazy to be bothered running anything else.
Actually of all the tracks in the game the Nurb really disagrees with the 2j. I guess cause of the undulating nature and high curbstones really unsettles the sucking force generated by the car.

The Nurburgring event is so insanely hard for me, I spent four hours with tuned Nissan gt500 stealth with no gold, most I got is second place, I noticed that the IA difficulty and behavior is not consistent, I'm just pissed off from PD, I don't know what the point for them to make expert events tough like this, it's hard even for some experienced players .

Second car used in the Beginner Challenge at Tsukuba that I used and won with is the Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68.
PP 356
HP 126

I'll post the link here to the tune tomorrow.

I had a go at thhe Nurburgring event with the Ayrton Senna WSR 1983 F3.

I was nowhere near the leaders. (I finished 8th after a couple of runs and a couple of spins at Ex-Muhle) But, by golly it was the most fun I've had on this game in a while.

I implore you to at least give it a go.

I've got to 2nd with a stock Weider Honda HSV.

Gotta love a bit of the 'Ring. (Please insert your own jokes here) :lol:

I personally love racing on the 'Ring.

I will have to see what other cars I can win with - other than the 2J (which really is too easy).

I find the Nissan TT much harder - still haven't golded it yet! (.207 too slow, and the one time I beat the time was with a wall collision :/ )

@ALB123 -

I said that compared to some of the TT events, that it was a joke. I always expect the expert races to be difficult (at least requiring a tune to win) - and when that is not the case, then it is too easy.

The Nurburgring event is so insanely hard for me, I spent four hours with tuned Nissan gt500 stealth with no gold, most I got is second place, I noticed that the IA difficulty and behavior is not consistent, I'm just pissed off from PD, I don't know what the point for them to make expert events tough like this, it's hard even for some experienced players .

Man 4hrs is to long to spend on this event. I think every time you don't make a clean pass on an AI car it costs you 1-2sec of your overall time.
Ill also point out there are no time penalty's in this event for collisions.(I should know that. My 2J looked like a refrigerator that had been thrown off a cliff by the end of the lap!).
Use the 2J nab gold, get the monkey off your back. Then re-enter with a lesser car and Ill bet you win . Good luck.

@ALB123 The Rx7 TC can bring 6:30 laps , also the Rx7 Race car is pretty good. I did it with stage 2 eng and high turbo. Btw the faster you go the faster the Rabbit goes. You should probably try a faster car, others have posted many here.

I have a question to you guys and girls.

I feel like the rabbit is going faster whenever I can't get a clean pass or race in a way that would probably give you a penalty irl.
Do you feel the same?

eg I can win in the same car, settings etc and same lineup at a slower overall time doing a clean lap wile finish 2nd in an overall faster not so clean lap.

I feel like the rabbit is going faster whenever I can't get a clean pass or race in a way that would probably give you a penalty irl.
Do you feel the same?

eg I can win in the same car, settings etc and same lineup at a slower overall time doing a clean lap wile finish 2nd in an overall faster not so clean lap.

Cannot confirm that. Did 2 races with the same line-up and me in the TS030.
First one: two bumps for the opponents (only in the rear because of their terrible breaking strategy), Viper won with a 7:34,494.
Second: one bump into the side of I think a GT-R, I was 10 seconds faster, won and the Viper did a 7:26,985.

I think he was 8 seconds faster only because of me going faster, too. And because he could draft at the long straight at the end (passed him right before this mini-carousel).

Really, REALLY disappointed in these races!!! :(

My 7 year old son did the first two (a Rocket for the first, and a GTR Anniversary issue for the second) without any problems!

I did the last one with a tuned down 2J.

In comparison with some of the TT's, just a joke, really.

Very, very disappointed...but the paint chips are welcome, I guess. Just..really expected more.
The races are clearly indicated and setup as Beginner and Intermediate so yes they are easy for anyone experienced in GT. May as well slag the Sunday Cup races too. Just use lower PP cars and tires if too easy for your level.

Gold 2nd attempt with a detuned 2J. I was to lazy to be bothered running anything else.
Actually of all the tracks in the game the Nurb really disagrees with the 2j. I guess cause of the undulating nature and high curbstones really unsettles the sucking force generated by the car.
I also used the 2J, but find it a solid tracker at the N'Ring. Couple of air time jumps in unexpected places but the car motors through grass and generally goes where it is pointed. A 600 pp GT500 car felt fast but was much slower, the BMW Vision car also felt fast and was a fun drive but much slower also.

Good thing this race seems to have no penalties for off road or ramming, caught and passed the Ford GT LM Car at the start of Dottinger.

Just going through my garage on the expert level challenge. :)

have won with the following so far - Imprezza Super Touring Car
- BMW Vision Gran Turismo
- TS030 Hybrid '12
- Ford Falcon XR8
- GT-R GT500 Stealth Model ( Awesome Car )
I am going to try most of my Touring cars, GT 3 , GT300, and GT500 on this , happy days :D Will also Down - tune some of my Le Mans and higher PP race cars as well.

This is " FUN " Nordschleife is such a great track to race on 👍

Can't wait for the up coming TT on this Iconic track :drool:

Last edited:
The Expert race was a bit frustrating , but after 7 or 8 different cars to attempt it with , I finally bit the bullet and used the TS030 Hybrid and won by 0.328 seconds .

My other half had to leave the room as I swearing a lot during the overtakes as just about every A1 driver tried there best to punt me off the track .

Did enjoy it eventually and now have earned about 3 million more credits after so many attempts

After winning with TS030 i tried and won with with:
- Toyota Supra Castrol 97
- Nissan Skyline R34 Touring Car
- Nissan Skyline R33 Touring Car

Will try R32 TC when i have the time. Nissans are quite cheap (~200k range).

Thats not really true mate.

Do you feel the same?

No, but if you spin, go off the track, or in other way loose alot of time, the rabbit will slow down to allow you to catch up. Once I was 46 seconds behind the rabbit at Kallenhard, and I still caught him at Pflanzgarten:P

Nurburgring 600PP Race Car:

I reckon this is the first I've driven the Nurburgring since 1.09 update that changed the curbs. I'm really struggling at the karussells. It seems as though I'm diving in and digging the nose in the pavement and flipping the end around every time at both of them. I never had an issue at either one before. Previously the danger seemed to be at exit getting onto the gas too soon causing a spin. Now I'm spinning on entry even when taking them very cautiously. Is this part of the updated track physics? Is it bad tune (I'm using stock race cars)?

Nurburgring 600PP Race Car:

I reckon this is the first I've driven the Nurburgring since 1.09 update that changed the curbs. I'm really struggling at the karussells. It seems as though I'm diving in and digging the nose in the pavement and flipping the end around every time at both of them. I never had an issue at either one before. Previously the danger seemed to be at exit getting onto the gas too soon causing a spin. Now I'm spinning on entry even when taking them very cautiously. Is this part of the updated track physics? Is it bad tune (I'm using stock race cars)?
Yeah I have that issue too, first happend to me in the Lexus CCS-R time trial, and now it happens in every high-grip car regardless of tune. I'm not sure if it came with the 1.09 update or if it was there before, but it certainly was'nt like that in GT5. Now I just go a tad bit slower in and its fine.

I spent about 4 hours trying the 600PP event with the Z4 GT3. The closest I have gotten to winning so far is second behind the Viper. The rabbits are all around 615PP. I think it's possible to win with it, but you can't hit the curbs after the karrussel. I have been thrown off the road too many times already.

Finally this........

A-Spec_Expert_Level_Racing_Car_Challenge_[GT-R_Concept_LM].jpg

With a 6:43 lap, after sod knows how many tries [246 miles added to the clock], but I have bounced on to the Cr. limit with this race too. [time for a spending spree] :D

Winning was much easier and faster in the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 but I needed to get a win with a rabbit and the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car is probably the fastest of the rabbits and is a bloody nice race car to drive. [1,210kg=110kg@30% ballast & 555bhp=90.1% power]

I love the Nürburgring :D

Hardest win was with an Audi R10 TDI (6:30:915)
Caught the leading duo right before Schwalbenschwanz, they dissappeared in my mirrors and on the straight the Corvette slingshotted himself back on my tail and stayed there until we crossed the finish line. Got me a bit worried... :odd:

Have not won with my favourite car yet (Audi R8 LMS Phoenix). Stuck at (a lot) of second places...

Hope they keep these events coming ... 👍
Great fun, great payout (not that I need that any more,since I own all cars in the game now.

I have now won this race with 4 different cars :

2J
Pescarolo Hybrid
Zonda R
Audi R18 TDI 15th Anniversary

The last one was the toughest - won by .600 against the Zonda LM Race Car!!

The Pescarolo (as expected) chewed up the competition! I had to add extra weight to get it down to 600 lp, but that didn't seem to bother it at all.

All had the transmission put at around 300 kmh. A bit higher for the Audi (330 I think).

All-in-all, a fun race, but it is pretty easy (at least for me).

I've noticed on the Nurburg race that who you race against is far more important than what or how you drive. After failing to win with the GT test car II, BMW McLaren, GTR LM concept car, and R06 'vette as the rabbits, I finally got a lineup with the 90's race camaro in the lead and won easily, even with a significantly worse time than I was driving before. Raced again with a different car against the Lexus IS F as the rabbit and won easily again.

In the end, I won 6 times in a row with 4 different cars (Phoenix R8, Chappy 2J, Anniv. HSV, and . . . can't remember). Anyway, just keep entering and exiting the race until none of the 4 "killer" cars mentioned above (GT test car II, BMW McLaren, GTR LM concept car, and R06 'vette) are in the race if you want a much easier win. Right now I find this race to be the best/most fun grind in the game.

Beginner: Stock lotus 111r (not the race car) with oil change

Silverstone: stock 15th anniversary xbow

Nordsxhleife:
Used a stock nissan gtr gt500 base model for the expert challenge with oil change (584pp) ill overtake zonda lm race car shortly before the very long straight at the end

Very easy and good for money making as i love nordschleife and drive it everyday ... might aswell use the race now till it ends and get money while enjoying the ring

The main problem with the Expert race is, that it always depends on which group you are racing against. While i was making it with the Subaru Impreza GT300 (fully upgraded) some opponents like the McLaren or the Corvette LM Race car are impossible to beat with the current car. Also the screenshots people posting here isn't showing the McLaren as the opponent. So if it appears as the leader, quit to main menu and then start the race again. I will soon post a video about this challenge aswell making it with a Subaru car. ;)

Back