A Test Drive Unlimited Sequel is On Its Way From WRC Developer Kylotonn

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 976 comments
Can’t say I’ve seen any updates in the last couple of months. Have I missed anything?
Nothing confirmed, but Nacon is making an appearance at the Future Games Show later this month - I would keep an eye out for more Solar Crown news here

No, you haven't.
Thanks. This thread is my main source of updates on the game and thought randomly yesterday to check up on it as I hadn't heard anything recently.
Nothing confirmed, but Nacon is making an appearance at the Future Games Show later this month - I would keep an eye out for more Solar Crown news here

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on that and hopefully we see some more news on the game.

Oh, please don't suck, please, please don't suck, you are my only hope after GT7 is out for the count.

Test Drive Unlimited is my all time favorite racing game, I really hope this can live up to its name.

m76
Oh, please don't suck, please, please don't suck, you are my only hope
These are the thoughts of pretty much the entire TD community. Indeed, I hope it's good. Even flawed is fine; the first two games were but still a lot of fun.

m76
Based on what? I'm not just going to take your word on it, what exact problems did you have with them or the WRC games?
I’m not in the mood to rehash everything from the past 5 years, this link will take you to a post launch discussion of their latest release.

I’m not in the mood to rehash everything from the past 5 years, this link will take you to a post launch discussion of their latest release.

In the time it took to find the link to that random topic, you could've summarized in two lines what's so bad. Someone having issues with an H pattern? Is that it?

Usually when someone says they can't be bothered to argue their assertions it means they had nothing in the first place.

Last edited:
m76
In the time it took to find the link to that random topic, you could've summarized in two lines what's so bad. Someone having issues with an H pattern? Is that it?

Usually when someone says they can't be bothered to argue their assertions it means they had nothing in the first place.
You’re right!

Next-gen only is good. Plus, more time for the developers is great.

"In this blogpost, we'll be sharing more details about the clans in Solar Crown: the Streets and the Sharps. But first, the most important bit of news is that
the game will now be releasing in 2023.
With so much support from fans of the series, we know many of you will be disappointed, but our goal with Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown is to make it the most polished gaming experience in the franchise by spending more time on its development. We therefore want to thank the fan community for your support and daily involvement on the game's official Discord channel and within communities on the various social media platforms."

"Finally, with the aim of making the most of the technology in the latest consoles and maximising the overall quality of the game, NACON has decided to no longer develop Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One."

Last edited:
Dont want to mess with NFS, understandable. Next year would be free of arcade open world racers.
Sure there won't be Project Cars 4, maybe another Grid and also possibility of another Forza Horizon and others we don't even know about yet. I don't think NFS is a reason it's just nowhere near to be finished in 2022.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Delayed to 2023, PS4 & Xbox One Versions Canned

If you were looking forward to getting your hands on the next entry in the adored Test Drive Unlimited series this September, you’ll want to change your plans. Nacon and KT Racing have confirmed the third entry, Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown will no longer meet its original date, and will now release in 2023...

Hopefully with the delay the game will come out and be good. it would be shame for them to delay the game it is still terrible. Developing for only the current gen should help out but we'll see

What a joke, at beginning of year, they wrote, it DEFINITELY will get release in 2022. no one had forced them to state that, they did that from their own.

so, promise broken. I don’t trust them anything anymore.
maybe, next year, they states, project stopped…

Last edited:
Well, at least they seem to understand why the TDU series is loved by many players.

When you think about arcade racing games, the most popular ones right now are Forza, NFS and The Crew, right? While each of those 3 games are different in their own, none of them has this "luxurious" style.

But one thing I can't understand: ok, no more devolopment for PS4 and XO... but about Switch? Makes no sense saying they will take advantage of next gen technology without anything holding it out when there's still a Switch version. Does this means it's probably a Cloud version?

Maybe until then I can finally buy a PS5 in this god forsaken country... :banghead:

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Delayed to 2023, PS4 & Xbox One Versions Canned

If you were looking forward to getting your hands on the next entry in the adored Test Drive Unlimited series this September, you’ll want to change your plans. Nacon and KT Racing have confirmed the third entry, Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown will no longer meet its original date, and will now release in 2023...
This article mentions the purchasing of houses. While that is part of TDU's DNA, it's very much is still in the air whether we will have houses or not, as it hasn't been mention on the recent update. The only thing we have, as far as I'm aware, about livable spaces, is an upgradable suite in the Solar Hotel:
Captura de ecrã 2022-05-18 223525.png

Is there anything else you've found about houses being a thing?

This article mentions the purchasing of houses. While that is part of TDU's DNA, it's very much is still in the air whether we will have houses or not, as it hasn't been mention on the recent update. The only thing we have, as far as I'm aware, about livable spaces, is an upgradable suite in the Solar Hotel:

Is there anything else you've found about houses being a thing?
That section of the article refers to things in previous TDU titles, and follows on with KT's note that "Our goal is to meet those expectations and to stay true to the franchise's DNA by including all those details."

We've heard nothing about almost anything in TDUSC to say one way or the other!

Latest Posts

Back