A vision of Gran Turismo 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter m1chael
  • 63 comments
  • 6,596 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
8
This is actually a shortened version of what I was going to post, but I wanted to go over a few key points of what I've always wanted from a Polyphony Digital offering. Had inspiration to post from this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213999

GT Mode

1. Pick location
· Various locations worldwide
· Influences heavily the events you’ll come across I.E. if you’re living in the southern United States you may have trouble becoming a Formula 1 driver until later in the game, but you’re positioned well for a career in Dirt Track racing and later on NASCAR
· Makes certain makes and models more accessible and affordable and vice versa. Someone living in Australia will easily come across a used Holden Commodore, but have harder luck finding a split window Corvette from the sixties
2. Customize your character
· Male / Female
· Customizable facial appearance and body style
· Pick colors to for driving outfit and possibly a logo
3. Locate and purchase a location and your first vehicle
gasstatioin.jpg

· Having to purchase a garage adds new level of RPG type fun. In garage you can walk around, arrange your race trophies to your liking, adorn walls with photographs taken in photomode, etc.
newstation.jpg

· Say you can only afford a two-car garage in the beginning. Well it looks like you can only pick two cars! So choose wisely, you’ll have to sell one of them to make room for a new purchase. Later in the game you could start buying more and larger shops. Maybe even buy a location and build your own custom facility
4. Championships
· Each mode of racing should be fleshed out more than what current games of the series have accomplished
Doing Super GT races, for example, should be more involved than buying one of the 20-30 available cars, building your level until the race is open and simply performing 5 races and being done with it. Either purchase a used Super GT car or build one of your own vehicles to spec. Play out a full length season with any given league.
5. B Spec
· Nobody purchases a Gran Turismo title with dreams of awesome B Spec races. Don’t take it away but add it as seamlessly as possible to the GT Mode experience. When the funds are available to your, you should be able to hire a driver for your race team. Then you could do endurance races with him, or have him be your teammate in certain races.


Full WRC style rally races
Drag Racing
Circle Dirt track
(I'm not a redneck, I'm not a fan of NASCAR or circle racing or even NHRA, but it's impossible not to see the popularity of these sports)

Starting the game in a world location would be a completely different experience, especially early in the game. But eventually, as the money and experience start rolling in, all race types would become possible to the player.

Tell me what you guys think.
 
Some things you described sounded like TDU2
 
Great Idea. I like the role-play simulation concept thingy. :D:tup:
 
Midnight Snacks
Super awesome.

If that happened, there would be a very real possibility of my PS3 (or 4, depending on release :lol:) spontaneously combusting from being used non stop. Absolutely amazing!
 
good idea!
 
I think the next GT will have more of an RPG element to it than we expect. Some of these great ideas are possible. I don't know about most of you, but I would love for GT to be an RPG Driving Sim. Keep it more hardcore than casual.
 
Parts of it do sound like TDU2, and that is a good thing (even though that game has a lot of issues too.) I like your vision. Now if we could get anyone who can implement them to decide to implement anything the fans actually want....

(or we need a new company to make this new racing game from scratch.)
 
I can't wait to find an old R32 in a junkyard and turn it into a Super GT star!
 
If we're talking PGR style garage then that's a hell yes for me.
 
Last edited:
First thing that would annoy me about that, is the two car carage where you'd have to sell a car you wish to replace. I know it might not sound like much, but what if you like collecting your cars? This way you wouldn't be able to store your first cars at all. Imo this would take away from the game. I really like the location idea though :)

Yay first post in GT Planet! :)
 
I hope the graphics will look as up to date as those photos...
 
I'm not quite sure I like the idea of a limited Garage, one of the appeals of the GT series has always been being able to to buy any car at any time, as long as you have the funds.
 
RPG... yeah, I'm running a series with a little bit of RPG element to it. It's called Legend of the Streets, check my signature.

But, I think its important to keep the core product which makes it GT as we know it.
 
I'm not quite sure I like the idea of a limited Garage, one of the appeals of the GT series has always been being able to to buy any car at any time, as long as you have the funds.

GT6 must ditch the level system.
 
Awesome idea mate. 👍
 
I hope the graphics will look as up to date as those photos...

Hater :p

I can't wait to find an old R32 in a junkyard and turn it into a Super GT star!

That's the spirit, there. I'd love to find an '87 Mustang and build it for American Iron or something similar!

The way I see it is so long as GT tried to capture some aspects of RPG style fun. Something to make you feel a strong connection with the cars and with the game, away from the sterility and bleakness of navigating menu through menu(and loadtime through loadtime :crazy:).

I'd be all for having an arcade mode that let you drive any car in the game, every single one. With upgrades abound at that. The difficult part of the game would be the active career portion.

I'm not quite sure I like the idea of a limited Garage, one of the appeals of the GT series has always been being able to to buy any car at any time, as long as you have the funds.

I understand that philosophy, don't get me wrong this is just an idea I've kicked around after all. But I also like the idea of making sacrifices, being forced to choose the things you really need to get your team off the ground. By all means after some time passed in the game you could buy a mansion with a warehouse out back complete with 80 sheltered parking spots. And you could buy it in Italy to try to track down that one rare Ferrari you've always wanted!

After some huge accomplishments made I'd love to have a car museum that looked like Sunshine Auto from Grand Theft Auto Vice City to park my real works of automotive beauty. Have a '66 Jag with a plaque describing how I'd won it in a 60 lap online endurance race, and a Datsun 240Z that I'd resurrected from from a life of rust in a California junkyard and gone on to win the Improved Touring S class title with it, the walls decorated with pictures of it's derelict state, and one of it crossing a finish line, etc.
 
I love all of your ideas, exactly what the GT series has lacked, a depth that would make winning races more involving and rewarding. It could keep an arcade mode exactly as the current GT mode to keep the stalwarts happy, they wouldn't have to bother with the fluff if they just wanted to get down to racing. Personally, I would love to see full WRC or F1 seasons (unlikely given the rights etc.) but GT and Le Mans would be great. Doing the 24 hour race but sharing it with your B-Spec driver and being able to fast forward his stints would be fantastic (and actually quite realistic as the drivers sleep between shifts).

Having real garages like in GTA III/Vice City/SA would be awesome. I loved seeing how many cars I could stuff into them!
 
I actually like your ideas, unfortunately this will NEVER happen for ps3, maybe this could be possible for ps4. Honestly, I don't see GT6 hitting the ps3, maybe we will see something like, big dlc packs, updates, or maybe even something like GT5 spec 2. My guess? I would say GT6 would be out around the end of the first year for ps4. A little off topic but,yeah. Your ideas are actually feasible. :)
 
Like the ideas except I see major problems with cats being more popular depending on your location. Look how much the UCD is complained about now (I actually like it but that's besides the point).

Some poor Aussie never getting or taking forever to race his Mustang just because it's American...this would cause major uproar I would think.
 
A vision of GT6? Better AI, no standard cars, a livery editor, better online, better career mode, a custom championship editor, more tracks (El Capitan, New York, Test Track etc etc... all the classics, plus lot of real life milestones: Spa, Hokenheim, Bathurst, Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donnington, Imola, Le Castellet, Magny Cours, Portimao..)
500 premiums with at least 100 supercars (Koenigsegg CCX, Agera, Pagani Zonda C12, Huraya, Cinque, TVR Sagaris, Speed 12, Ferrari Testa Rossa, FXX, 599XX, Spyker C8, Mosler, Lamborghini Reventon, Diablo, Countach, Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin Vantage (new), One77, Porsche would be cool but premium Ruf is ok. More RM models...
 
ALL of the old Le Mans cars shall be premium, please...
 
I like the OP's idea, definitely agree with the RPG elements....but I don't agree so much in principle with the limited garage....I see the idea, but It'd be crap for those that like car collecting. The mansion with 80 places is no good if there's 500 or so cars to collect! Unless you can have cars in storage (Which is unlimited) and then can choose which ones are "active" (in your garage) at any one time.
 
I like the OP's idea, definitely agree with the RPG elements....but I don't agree so much in principle with the limited garage....I see the idea, but It'd be crap for those that like car collecting. The mansion with 80 places is no good if there's 500 or so cars to collect! Unless you can have cars in storage (Which is unlimited) and then can choose which ones are "active" (in your garage) at any one time.

The original idea, plus this ^^^ would make the perfect racing game.

Maby call the active cars favorites ;)
 
Custom replays! That would probably make people faint. Just imagine.
 
500 premiums with at least 100 supercars (Koenigsegg CCX, Agera, Pagani Zonda C12, Huraya, Cinque, TVR Sagaris, Speed 12, Ferrari Testa Rossa, FXX, 599XX, Spyker C8, Mosler, Lamborghini Reventon, Diablo, Countach, Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin Vantage (new), One77, Porsche would be cool but premium Ruf is ok. More RM models...

Really? I like supercars too (not all of them, don't get the excitement for that bluntly shaped and cold, soulless Koenigsegg) but there's already a good selection of supercars within the limited quantity of Premium cars whilst on the other hand a whole range of categories is seriously underrepresented or absent.

There are for example not that many FWD hatchbacks and the only mid-size FWD 'familycar' is the Mazda Atenza (no Opel Insignia, Citroën C5 or Honda Accord, etc.).
There are no SUV's and pickup trucks nor 'trackday joys' like the Caterham, KTM X-Bow or Ariel Atom.
There are only a few classics but the period before WW2 has always been ignored by PD (apart from a few exceptions like the Daimler, Benz, Model-T and Auto-Union in GT4 but there's a whole world of much more interesting machinery of that period waiting to be virtually replicated).

There are no luxo-barges or limousines either, I would seriously prefer they included a big Rolls-Royce, Bentley or Mercedes 600 Pullman before yet another overhyped supecar like the Koenigsegg as that would offer a driving experience not currently available.
Also a lot of racing series aren't yet available, heck I would prefer one of those big Kamaz 'Dakar' trucks over another supercar.
I could go on and on about what categories should have a higher priority than adding another batch of supercars but you get my drift.

And again, I love my supercars in GT5 (got all of them, several of the same type and drive and enjoy them very frequently) but I mostly enjoy variety and diversity.
Sorry for this 'rant', regarding the OP, every time I watch that hangar scene I wish that was available to walk around in but ultimately that's just window dressing I guess although it would be nice. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back