A warm message from me about this place

• Thread starter flanylla
  • 72 comments

flanylla

(Banned)
United Kingdom
England
... is that I love the mentality users here show :)

I'm 17 a furry, and stuff that may be worth others discriminating me here (did have experience if this happening on some other forum before) yet you guys don't judge from what I see. I still get to make some nice discussion and get good replies to things, the retro community in particular here for GT1-GT4 (which by all means is definitely a better place than the GTS forums of a quick look around) is something that I love here.

I mean I'm not even that experience GT player. I can just about progressively learning to drive a manual car and yet I'm still a welcomed member, there's little elitism or superior status acting here, everyone seems treated alright and for who they are not their interests or such.

I love it, thanks <3
(and when I feel better I will make this post not read stupidly...)

I'm 17 a furry

There was a furry thread, sometime in the past, and it did receive some ridicule if I remember rightly. Saying that, the person who started it seemed to be either trolling or completely creepy.

Being judgemental is for Reddit users. Here members are pretty chilled.

@W3HS Well rest assured I am not a creep. Maybe a little odd compared to some other members... but yeah. And yeah, Reddit is the place to go if you want to be a meme loving, upvote-obsessed nolife, I never liked Reddit and could never really grasp how it worked or understood why it was so popular compared to dedicated forums... I guess it's the modern generation's 'convenience and popularity obsessed' people which is most of them (thankfully I'm not like that)

@kikie Awoooo! ^w^

@HenrySwanson What I have to appreciate is the patience here with most users and the fact that we don't have to all like the current generation of GT :)

Maybe a little odd compared to some other members

Oh, you have no idea. There are all sorts here... ;)

I never liked Reddit and could never really grasp how it worked or understood why it was so popular compared to dedicated forums

Reddit can be a great source of collective information but sucks for conversation most of the time.

:lol: Absolutely that, yes. I just entertained myself for the last 10 minutes rereading that thread. Some of the replies were gold.
Yeah, it's seared into my memory as the most peculiar thing I've seen on GTP, and it's up there in the entirety of my internet perusings.

I just found out that even being a member for almost 15 years, I missed almost every interesting thread.

I don't think there was a huge issue in the Brony thread but I remember something about W&N trying to defend masculinity against MLP...

And tables were involved.
Ah, there's a blast from the past! :lol:

And them came the stalemate:
8e2f4ea3-6dba-4249-853b-1f7785414625_1.536172ffe73518f2062b8f79dbe631cf.jpeg

Each to their own. On the whole, GTPlanet is a pretty tolerant board with an extremely diverse membership. There are far worse places to be. Even if there are users who enjoy or do things you don't, it seldom ever comes into conversation. If there's an argument in the OCE subforum, personal attacks are kept to a minimum; there's no "Well you like pickup trucks therefore...".

Glad you seem to enjoy the board. I haven't played a new GT game since 5 which is nearly 10 years ago now but it's a place you can still come back to.

Some pickup trucks are nice. The only “pointless judgment” I’d ever make here would be if someone said Range Rovers are reliable and amazing... XD

(Mainly because my dad owned one a few years ago, as well as two Land Rovers much longer ago and none of them seemed to go a week without problems. We had a Honda CR-V for about 7 years which for some reason he sold - worst mistake of his life, because that CR-V never failed an MOT and only ever failed once, which was a dead battery because it hadn’t been used in some time)

But yea it is diverse and good. Especially those longtime members, who don’t have the typical “elitist” attitude most longtime members get on forums

Especially those longtime members, who don’t have the typical “elitist” attitude most longtime members get on forums

As a longtime, elitist member I find that this comment smells a funny colour, turns my mood to khaki and makes me want to invoke my inner Sasquatch.

Or something along those lines..

I mean...I still don't fully grasp the significance of "tables", though I've seen plenty of callbacks to that.

Oh, you have no idea. There are all sorts here... ;)

Reddit can be a great source of collective information but sucks for conversation most of the time.

Yeah, remember that Shem guy? What a weirdo he was. :sly:

I don't think there was a huge issue in the Brony thread but I remember something about W&N trying to defend masculinity against MLP...

That sure was uh... exciting?
It's kind of ironic we can all laugh about it now.

Just took a look at that 'What would you do if you would turn into that sdahjaföihápfwáiajdagjh' and now I'm scared of that as. :scared:

All of the above: correct.

The Great Table Debacle is one for the history books. Didn’t @Daniel create a GTP Lore thread?
It's hiding somewhere in the Infield. Would be interesting to flesh out all the stories rather then "oh, remember that time when...?"

But that requires time and effort, of which I have few. :P
That sure was uh... exciting?
It's kind of ironic we can all laugh about it now.
Oddly enough several people initially in the MLPRG ended up watching and enjoying the show.

Back