A Young Boy's Story - Chapter V: One for the books

You're crazy if you think
I can afford either of these.
I. Humble Beginnings

"GET OUT!" my father screamed at me. "Pack up, I want you gone by morning! Enjoy your last night, you won't be coming back."

And that brings us to where we are now. My dad kicked me out of the house, and I'm never going back. This all happened about a week ago, and since then I've had a hard time finding a place to crash. With my trusty steed, an Audi A3, by my side, I've travelled from Sacramento up to Seatle, where I finally got myself a cheap apartment. There isn't a business in the city that will employ me though, so my only source of income is to Race. So far I've made rent for the month by beating a few ricer Civics and an old Volvo, but it was nothing to write home about.

My pride and joy right now is my ride, an A3.
2la8w8g.jpg

nb3oy9.jpg

Right now she's bone stock save for an AID delete. I plan on taking on this new begginers racing cup I saw in the paper, called the Sunday Cup. $600 for a win and I've heard you get a car if you win everything, I can't wait!

An Audi A3 in the Sunday Cup? You'll kill 'em. Try doing it with N2 tires on if you wanna work for your $600 wins!

Even on N2's the A3 will slaughter those Ais cuz i believe it has like 230 hp.

..maybe i'll just shut up and let the story unfold. :dunce::guilty:

II. The Sunday Cup

As I stepped off the plane, I was greeted by a few friendly racers who were also going to be participating in this Cup. As we started out for the track, we were all having some fun on the roads on the way out there. The best driver, and also the one who saw me at the gate, was driving a Fiat Punto GT.

"Sad" I said to myself, "Just sad."

*About an hour later*

We're all lined up on at Autumn Ring Mini. There aren't really any notables for the series, but the guy in Punto was starting up front. As we took off, I quickly overtook all the crappy econoboxes, then getting stuck behind a Scion xB. Ya know, they say it's cool, but for all intents and purposes, it's HORRIBLE!

Moving on, 2 more overtaken econoboxes behind, position counter ticking down, I pull up right on the arse of the Punto coming up to the final turn...in lap 1. Taking the outside line just to get around the little POS. In the middle of the turn, the Punto hit some major understeer, opening up the bottom for me to crossover on him for the pass. As we started down the straight, it was a picture perfect drag race!

x1eu5i.jpg

Sadly, over this 1/16th mile straight, I opened a full 1 second lead. Needless to say, I won the race, and very convincingly! $600 in my pocket, alright!

The next 4 races were 100% uneventful and yieled all of 1 even notable thing.

It was at Motorland Super Speedway. It was a heated battle between myself and a '97 MGF. Due to the horrible understeer that was suddenly ungodly powerful, it was a tight battle. Each straight I'd get up on his bumper or even get his quarter panel, but had to brake early and couldnt keep up through the corner.

*Fast Forward*

It's the final lap, and I'm sittin' a second behind this MGF. Out of pure desperation, I decided to try a new line. It was working well, and by the chicane on the backstretch, I was back up with the MGF. In the final turn, I got my right front on to the grass, past the rumble strip, to keep my baby turnin' tight.

Exiting the turn I pulled up beside Mr.MGF!
2qn0841.jpg

By now, I had him right where I needed him, on a straight and even with my supreme Quattro! I managed a .108 win!

The Sunday Cup was a major disappointment, but you can never be unhappy with the car that was delivered. Ok, maybe the car, but not the 8,000 it sold for! I'm grabbing a new suspension to rid some understeer, and then, it's off to the streets of Seattle for an epic battle with some of America's finest...

I'm liking this already after 2 chapters. Using an Audi A3 too, interesting choice. :)

Looking forward to more. ;)

Oh good, something to fill the void between chapters in other stories.:P
I ask one thing of you story writers. If ya'll ever reach the Dream Car Championship make mention of me in my Monaro. I did it many times, and it's impossible to win every race, so had some close ones. I went back all the time to "defend my title" :P Obviously it won't be a race between us, but just a small mention would make me happy.;)
The story's looking good so far.

When I first came to GTP these stories were the only threads (apart from "GT wish lists" and "how many skylines are too many?" threads) Since then they have become a dying hobby of a lot of GTP members. Thank you mustangGT90210, you may have just saved these stories. It's very good so far too btw 👍

Phew, I'm glad you guys like it! N4HS, you may be surprised how quickly I come across a Monaro/GTO.

I heard the A3 on some A Liscense and just knew, I gotta do something with this thing! It has a better in-game growl than old muscle cars. Such a sexy hatch :dopey:

Annoyingly it shares its exhaust sounds with the NSX. I guess its PD thinking "all V6's sound alike". :lol:

Annoyingly it shares its exhaust sounds with the NSX. I guess its PD thinking "all V6's sound alike". :lol:

:lol:

A Clio V6 sounds awesome too! It's like since they're japanese the V6 is their holy grail.

So much prejudice...

III. The Import Mafia

Alright, so I'm on my way home from the airport. That flight back from Japan was so bumpy my head is just throbbing. As I'm pulling onto my street, suddenly I've got a few ricers and then some credible import sport cars on my tail. I found the closest area to stop, and pulled over. The guy who appeared to be the leader of this small group stepped out of his red 3000GT and walked right up to my window.

"So I hear you been runnin' the streets 'round here lately." he said. "I don't like that. These are my streets, I worked hard for them. You best leave if you know what's good for you."

"Well mister, I don't know what's good for me, this is where I'm staying, like it or not. It looks like there's only 1 way to settle this. I'll race you, for these streets, and your ride"

"Hey!" he called back to his groupies, "We got ourselves a race here, turn them things on, let's show him how it goes here in Seatle!"

We agreed on a rolling start, with the leader starting first, and his second in command right in front of me.

The first lap started, the Mafia pulled away strong from the line, but I was back with the 2nd in command guy, driving an evo, coming out the first turn. As we came to a uphill section heading straight for the Crosstown Expressway, things got a bit hairy:scared:

I caught some major air, and pulled almost even in the air
wiq91l.jpg

Through the next little set of tight city corners, I blew the doors off an R33 GT-R and the 2 Evo's in the pack. Coming up on the hairpin for the entry to the expressway, I got up in the 3rd place TVR's grill, and set up yet another drag race down the freeway
im6lpk.jpg

I didn't get to jump out in front of him. His extra 80 horsepower and great weight advantage, he just pulled away
16ish7c.jpg

Coming to the end of the freeway and time to get back to the surface streets, I was able to out brake the TVR and got him in the 2nd half of the hairpin!
2gv51lh.jpg

All that left was me, and the leader of the Mafia, Darius. He pulled away to about a 2 second lead down the front stretch, but once again, I was able to catch up under brakes in the turn
120ifs8.jpg

Back to the uphill section I had fought the Evo on, I was left to eat the airborn dust of Darius and his 3000GT
mtv0id.jpg

But, through the tight surface streets my short gearing won out, and I caught Darius, and overtook in one swift motion! He wasn't happy about me getting by him, and started playing dirty, causing a nice dent to my rear quarter panel.
69jrk7.jpg

After I got by him, I think he gave in, because he just stopped trying to get me.

After the race, Darius came up to me to pay me the 500 dollar wager we had made, and the keys to his 3000GT :dopey:

This impromptu race kept my Audi out of commision for some time while it was being fixed, leaving me only Darius' old car to challenge the local Muscle Car Club with...

i like it, sounds like a better storyline than nfs: carbon.

A3's are such great cars, they sound like no other.

Darius... so thats where he went when I whupped his sorry ass in the canyons. :D

Sweet update, racing for pinks makes things interesting. :P

II. The Sunday Cup

The Sunday Cup was a major disappointment, .

What???!!

Other than this quote, i enjoyed the story. Good job. *wondering what his father thinks of his son's success now that he's been kicked out of the house and won some races.

What???!!

Other than this quote, i enjoyed the story. Good job. *wondering what his father thinks of his son's success now that he's been kicked out of the house and won some races.

That dissapoints you? I had at least a 100 horsepower advantage, it was like "Buy your suspension, and new exhaust"

Don't look at the next spoiler

Well you really want me to tell you what's gonnahappen, don't you, Not happenin' bud

That dissapoints you? I had at least a 100 horsepower advantage, it was like "Buy your suspension, and new exhaust"

[/spoiler]

Not disappointed, just curious.
I mean, you had one great Sunday Cup race, instead of 5. The reason is you had that 100 horsepower advantage...so you breezed thru with no drama. This is why you found the Sunday cup "highly disappointing" instead of an awesome way to start the game, struggling for each win.

..but forget it. I should put my money where my mouth is....and do the Sunday Cup (and write it up) in a Scion xB. Or a Daihatsu or something....this way every race will matter.

...but as i said, just ignore me. I'm obsessive about GT. Continue with your story, sir.

Darius... so thats where he went when I whupped his sorry ass in the canyons. :D

Sweet update, racing for pinks makes things interesting. :P

I don't remember that in your story.:confused:

Not disappointed, just curious.
I mean, you had one great Sunday Cup race, instead of 5. The reason is you had that 100 horsepower advantage...so you breezed thru with no drama. This is why you found the Sunday cup "highly disappointing" instead of an awesome way to start the game, struggling for each win.

..but forget it. I should put my money where my mouth is....and do the Sunday Cup (and write it up) in a Scion xB. Or a Daihatsu or something....this way every race will matter.

...but as i said, just ignore me. I'm obsessive about GT. Continue with your story, sir.

The Sunday Cup is lame though, really. He just bought a car that would be competitive in the majority of races to come. You can buy a Scion, then find out you need a new car for the next race event. How do you explain that in your story? Spending a bucket of money you don't have.;)

Oh, that punk. I beat him too, he must have considered changing his name after that many defeats.

I beat him using an Evo IX and Level 3 Tires as my ONLY upgrade...:D

i like the story, i like hatchback cars 👍

Wow.

mustangGT90210
Through the next little set of tight city corners, I blew the doors off an R33 GT-R

Was this an R33 GT-R LM Road Car (Road Going Version)? I'm just curious.

I've NEVER played Most Wanted or Carbon (last game played in NFS series was ProStreet just last year--managed to actually beat all the Street Kings a few weeks ago), but nice job putting the smackdown on Darius, GT4-style.

Wow.

Was this an R33 GT-R LM Road Car (Road Going Version)? I'm just curious.

I've NEVER played Most Wanted or Carbon (last game played in NFS series was ProStreet just last year--managed to actually beat all the Street Kings a few weeks ago), but nice job putting the smackdown on Darius, GT4-style.

It was a R33 V-Spec II. That's all.

Carbon was crap, don't bother. Most Wanted was AMAZINGLY fun

Most Wanted? Yeah, it's better, and it's set in DAYTIME too! Who would have guessed? You can make the best cop chases, I lasted 3 1/2 hours, wrecking my thumb. I also managed to completely glitch the game, and pull 450k's in a minivan...:lol:

Most Wanted? Yeah, it's better, and it's set in DAYTIME too! Who would have guessed? You can make the best cop chases, I lasted 3 1/2 hours, wrecking my thumb. I also managed to completely glitch the game, and pull 450k's in a minivan...:lol:

My longest chase was only 1 hour! :sad:

And on the story, more should be on the way! Expect to see the ole' 3000GT VS some serious detroit iron

My longest chase was only 1 hour! :sad:

And on the story, more should be on the way! Expect to see the ole' 3000GT VS some serious detroit iron

I don't remember my record, but it was looooong.:sly:

Look forward to the Detroit Muscle races, hopefully old mate wins one.;)

Back