A Young Boy's Story - Chapter V: One for the books

i always found the nfs games a little too 'urban' for my liking, and prostreet was utter bull! Why make a street racing franchise, then turn it into a rather gay and unrealistic track day game?

As for the story, hope to see more soon, im guessing you'll be dragging against americas finest! In a german/swedish hatchback! Nice one.

i always found the nfs games a little too 'urban' for my liking, and prostreet was utter bull! Why make a street racing franchise, then turn it into a rather gay and unrealistic track day game?

As for the story, hope to see more soon, im guessing you'll be dragging against americas finest! In a german/swedish hatchback! Nice one.

He's in the 3000GT now, keep up.:sly:

NFS stopped making good games after Hot Pursuit 2.

He's in the 3000GT now, keep up.:sly:

NFS stopped making good games after Hot Pursuit 2.

Oh yeah, forgot.

I think underground 2 was the only time they got it 'almost' right. I know theyre going back to their old ways for the new one though :dopey:

As for the story, im loving it, i just finished the first chapter to my own racing story called 'sideways' you can guess what type of racing it will be about:scared:

Hope to see the next part out soon matey!

I have all the pictures for Chapter IV ready! Expect it before the weekend is through.

Here's a sample of what you'll be seeing

25isrw8.jpg

Or have you entered it into a 'not entirely legal' street/drifting race?

That would be cool.

Plus, it looks like a street course, possibly seattle?

Your 3KGT looks a bit slideways. Were we running stock suspension or a suspension softer noticeably in the rear?
That's stock suspension. But there's a small caveat to the photo, I took that right after bouncing off a wall, that's how I got the look.

Otherwise, it's not drifting like the A3

The whole car is actually stock save for R1's and wheels/wing to make it look good.
Or have you entered it into a 'not entirely legal' street/drifting race?

That would be cool.

Plus, it looks like a street course, possibly seattle?

It is Seattle. 👍

Well MustangGT90210 you beat me to it, I was going to make something like this, except on the 24 hours of Nurb. Great read so far, You should have reserved the first 8-10 posts and kept your story neat and tidy on the first page though...

Well MustangGT90210 you beat me to it, I was going to make something like this, except on the 24 hours of Nurb. Great read so far, You should have reserved the first 8-10 posts and kept your story neat and tidy on the first page though...

I figure if it gets long enough I'll just link each post to the first

That's stock suspension. But there's a small caveat to the photo, I took that right after bouncing off a wall, that's how I got the look.

Hmm... My 3KGT MR liked to get quite sideways under trail-braking or off-throttle entry. No wall hits needed.

Then again, it was on S2s.

Hmm... My 3KGT MR liked to get quite sideways under trail-braking or off-throttle entry. No wall hits needed.

Then again, it was on S2s.

That was on R1's just because I was too lazy to buy the rims for S tires.

EDIT: MR? Mine is AWD.

Chapter IV: Challenging The Club

Clearly Darius didn't care too much about racing with his car, all it had was a spoiler for looks, some way too big, but still tasteful, wheels, and Super Hard race rubber. The paint was immaculate, and it didn't even cost too much to get an all new front end to make up for his dirty tactics that have my A3 stranded uptown in a shop charging a premium to get it fixed.

When I pulled up to The Club, I couldn't help but notice the arch over the entrance. "There is no replacement, for Displacement" it read. I was gonna have to show them the error in their ways. On this day, there were only 5 guys ready to race right when I pulled up. They all scoffed at my ride, called me a ricer and even went on to kick the tires. Idiot who tried missed, kicked the wheel, and walked with a limp back to his car. After we decided on a $500 dollar wager, we set up our makeshift walls downtown in the Reverse direction the track is normally run.

I pulled up to the line, staring at the tail lights of some fine pieces of machinery, and just entranced by the Dark Orange Superbird sitting Pole Position. But this was no time to reflect. As soon as I came to my senses, the green lights went off and I got off to a pretty bad start.

The Shelby Series 1 SC pulled away strong, but just could not keep his speed up in the twisties that quickly ensued. I was able to overtake him nearing the apex of the first hairpin to get on the freeway
oj4ehk.jpg

Thanks to my All Wheel Drive I was able to pull out of the corner strong, blowing by an XKR and pulling even with a C4 Corvette Z06. It was perfect, a drag race onto the freeway, just like it should be.
bgp8wx.jpg

Unfortunately, this was exactly what the 'Vette was built for, and he handily did away with me. Little did he know, he fell right into my Cross-over trap, and I overtook him under brakes going into the second hairpin. All that left was one car. "Go for broke, or don't go at all" I thought to myself.
2vlm7w1.jpg

There was a small uphill section right after the hairpin where the 'Bird opened up an okay lead, but his vintage Mopar suspension couldn't corner like my "modern" Mitsubishi All Wheel Drive, and I was back on his bumper after the uphill and into the more technical surface streets.
23s84xt.jpg

I got him!!

...Or not. There was a long downhill straight after these tight streets, and once again, the 'Bird just laid on the throttle and left me in the dust. Luckily he had vintage breaks, meaning he was on them FOREVER to slow down! This got me right on his bumper, again. He took the corner a little hot, and ran it just wide enough for me to sneak in. Coming out of the last corner, I finally got by the 'Bird!
ejafe8.jpg

I had just enough left in my tires to slide up in front of the Superbird, and kept him blocked just long enough to cross the line!

Nobody was happy after I beat them, and they refused to say anything. They handed over the money, and then just stormed off. This brought me up to $1000 total in extra funds, leaving only another 400 to go untill I could get the A3 back!

Sadly, that last 400 wasn't going to be easy to come up with. My family makes an annual trip to Laguna Seca every weekend so my dad can race his car there and try to make ends meet in whatever way he can. I figure I'll take the 3000GT down there and take him on, for money, and more importantly, Respect.

Ooooh! Interesting. Battle against the dad. Sounds like an exciting next chapter.

I liked the drag race on the freeway it looked awesome.

It's a Corvette ZR-1. And what was this XKR? I thought this was an American race? Good read anyway.👍 How much longer until someone writes a decent story where the main character uses muscle cars I wonder?:P I'll have to do it myself when the full GT5 comes. Unfortunately it won't have pictures.:indiff:

Ohh. I have a VR-4. I can't believe all the understeer it had before I put a VCD for a 10/90 split!

New chapter should be up before 11:00 PM ET if all goes well tonight.:dopey:

Interesting. My MR liked to get sideways on entry and didn't understeer much. Not like certain pigs. *cough*

It's a Corvette ZR-1. And what was this XKR? I thought this was an American race? Good read anyway.👍 How much longer until someone writes a decent story where the main character uses muscle cars I wonder?:P I'll have to do it myself when the full GT5 comes. Unfortunately it won't have pictures.:indiff:

Well, I couldn't get a full grid of American Muscle, so I figured I'd take the mostly muscle grid that had "English Muscle" :lol:

Wow, a 3000GT MR! :)

Just one question: do they only come in red? I'm just curious.

Actually what I used was a 3000GT VR-4, which is the same car that I raced in Chapter III. I figured I'd throw the pinks race in when I knew I had a red 3000GT I wasn't using and had to race one.

psh, he's going to lose the VR-4 to some guy he challanges thinking he's amazing, but luckily he's going to have quite a bank before he loses it, and he's going to sell the A3, and use all that cash to get a better car ;)

damn I'm good...

Chapter V: The Worst Week Of My Life

Alright, let's recap my last week. It all started with beating up on the Club out in Seattle with my brand new 3000GT. I'm not too fond of the car itself, but it's making me money, so all is excused. Three days ago I got in a close call with an idiot on the freeway on my way down to Laguna Seca, he clipped my quarter panel and got me fishtailing into a guard rail. The rail slashed my tire up, so I had to stop and just watch the dumbass in the Civic drive off like nothing happened. The area he clipped me was cracked and about to fall off to make matters worse.

"Great, now I have two broken cars and a race in a week."

So that brings us to yesterday. I was in a small drag race in Sacramento. My opponent had a big ole' F-150 Lightning with a bushguard on the front. I thought it was a bit out of place, but thought nothing of it. So as we're tearing down the streets, I found out what it was for. After I was pulling away, he flipped me the bird, juiced it and proceeded to ram my already battered bumper. He got me to spin out of control, where I promptly wrapped the GT around a lightpole.

Totalled

And now for this morning. The repair shop up in Seattle called me about my A3. They had some pretty bad news. Darius had managed to seriously mess up my rear suspension, and to top that off, when they had the car up on the lift to try and fix it, the lift failed, and the car topple face first 10 feet to the ground, you'd never know it was an Audi after they got done with it. To add insult to injury, the lift fell on it, crushing my baby.

Totalled.

So now, I'm car-less, I have 8,000 dollars on me, and a race in 4 days.

Luckily, there was a used car dealership down the road that was supposed to be pretty good, so I went and checked 'em out. Everything they had in my price range were riced out Civics, a C5 Vette and a Mustang that had been beaten to hell in back. Then I spotted it.

11jw853.jpg

A '95 Honda Prelude VTEC. $10,000. Because I payed in all cash, I got it down to 8,000, and not a moment too soon. As soon as I got into the car to drive off, my dad called.

"Son, we need to talk. Your mother isn't happy with you living on your own yet. Long story short, she-- We want you home."
"If you win tommorow, I'll come home. If I win, I do what I want. Got it?"

Back