Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Two "brand new" '86 Grand Nationals found in Oklahoma
http://www.gm-efi.com/features/buick-aficionados-unearth-a-pair-of-brand-new-86-grand-nationals/
86GNBarnFind-8.jpg

86GNBarnFind-2.jpg
86GNBarnFind-10.jpg
86GNBarnFind-6.jpg

That seems awfully fishy.

Two identical black sedans, not 2000 miles between them, seemingly hidden away for decades by an owner who apparently got agitated as the sale was made. That last bit could be for any number of reasons, but I can't help but thinking the little life the cars have had featured some less than legal activity.

Just me?

Probably the latter. From what I've heard, those things were complete turds when they were new.
I juat remembered your post because I heard people talking about why the majority of BMW 8-Series ended up in the scrap yard over here. They said how BMW barely provided any parts for the car over here and so when some got electric failure and so on, they just ended up collecting dust.

BXDSqUOA6zV.jpg

BXF4RB2Avmo.jpg

While this post is not about "an abandoned car", it's probably one of the main reasons why plenty of cars struggle to survive here. That and why some manufacturers and brands became unpopular here.

Don't think that Countach has an engine in it. On that last image of the rear, you should be able to see the cooling-finned sump/differential between the chassis/sub-frame behind the silencers, but there's no sign of one. Which is probably why it is where it is and probably has been for some time.

Latest Posts

Back